PDA

View Full Version : Terrain ahead alarm when taking of and landing

virtual
10-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Hi to everyone,

I have a problem that I don't really know if it's a bad-using issue or a bug.

I can hear the "terrain ahead" alarm rang out, just after the take off and before landing.
I have tested this at :

Taking off on runway 8 at LFPO
Landing on rw 26 at LFPO
Landing on rw 32R at LFBO

I've hosted a video of the landing at LFBO. If anybody can see what's happening... I have RTFM (read the f* manual :D) but there's nothing about this alarm, and, in the past I tried other A320 models (FSX/Xplane) and the alarm didn't raise in such situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w0oEOoIMdg&feature=youtu.be

I don't know if it could have something to do with, but I also can't see interesting points on ND when I select them (Stars, VOR, NDB, Airport) despite I have no problem to make a flight plan (I have imported the nav data and can access it through the MCDU)

I'll appreciate any feedback :)
Thanks
Stephane

Barrykensett
02-11-2016, 10:41 AM
An old post but no reply, I get the terrain warning as soon as I take off, very annoying, anyone got an answer?
Barry
www.a320sim.com

masterp
02-16-2016, 02:21 AM
I got the same terr warning , but just random.
I Have to turn off GPWS SYS to deactivate that warning sound.

DocFlying
05-31-2019, 07:33 AM
Hi everybody,
a really old thread, but nowone seems to have solved it yet.
I have exactly the same problem like Stephane but only since my last update to version B52.0. I tried each and everything to solve it but didn't succeed.
I even went back to version B49 and B50.1 which both worked perfectly before but same bug every time i start or land and no more airports or navaids on my ND.
Even switching off GPWS SYS has no effect.
I am desperate and short before burning my whole cockpit.

Anyone any idea?

I would appreciate very very much.

Uli

michael1508
06-01-2019, 03:31 AM
I believe the terrain data and the nav data from the EFIS are two different things.
But if both issues also now occur on the old FMGS versions, which worked before, then I guess it has to do with the data configuration.

Suggest to start with the EFIS data:
Did you recreate the bin files? on all PC?

once this is working check the terrain data. if it's still not working, try to delete and reassign the terrain files.

DocFlying
06-01-2019, 04:33 PM
Thanks for your reply, Michael.
Yes I deleted all bin files, let the server build new ones and copied them to all computers.
I also deleted all EGPWS terrainfiles and let them rebuild by the egpws_data_extractor.
What do mean by "reassign the terrain files"? I thought i just need to let the extractor save the files in the respective folder under A320FMGS\EIS.
That was the way it worked perfectly in former versions.
Thanks for any kind of help.

michael1508
06-01-2019, 05:16 PM
hm, that's really strange

Would still concentrate on the EFIS data for the moment. Don't you see any of them (Way points, Airports,.VOR, etc)?
Do you see the corresponding AIRAC on the MCDU Start page?

DocFlying
06-03-2019, 08:54 AM
Indeed, none them on the ND, no matter wether i use my hardware or the soft FCU panel to select them.
MCDU shows the correct AIRAC cycle, i can choose all NAV data from the database when editing a flightplan, the FP is shown on the ND in PLAN mode and in NAV modes.
AP works perfectly in managed mode and terrain is depicted correctly on ND when i activate TerrOnND.
That's the reason why i don't believe in missing or wrong or corrupted databases.
Really strange!

michael1508
06-03-2019, 05:11 PM
well, now I enter the "wild guessing" stage... try updating your graphics card driver???

DocFlying
06-04-2019, 05:43 AM
SOLVED !!!

Indeed two different reasons for the two bugs.

1. Michael, your "wild guess" wasn't that bad. While experimenting i already had that idea, too and i reset my Radeon GPU to factory settings. This lead to a reactivation of the autostart of the Radeon Catalyst Control Center what i didn't realize. The CCC consumes (pain in the a...) about 90% of the PC resources that's why i deactivated it before and the system worked before. I now had a memory overflow and all displays (PFD, ND, MFD, ...) on my "captain client" stopped working properly. Deactivated CCC autostart and everything's back.
2. The terrain ahead warning while start and landing was independent of this problem. I run FSC9 on another client and use it as flight planer, fuel calculator, information handbook for ARPT charts and frequencies and as moving map while flying. I accidentially activated the GPS window in FSC9 and didn't realize because it was minimized. Now the FSC9 GPS engine interfered with the jeehell FMGS and lead to the terrain warnings.

So everthing is fine now but nevertheless i will wait for a final version of 52 before changing again.

Many thanks to Michael for your interest and your patience. Good to know that there a guys out there who care about simmer's problems. Whish you many happy landings.

Uli

michael1508
06-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Hi Uli, happy I could help. Next time it's me again who needs support.

iwik
06-04-2019, 07:01 PM
+1 to Michael. Yes its great that some out there are generous with their support. It all goes to ensure everyone can enjoy this hobby.
Regards
les