PDA

View Full Version : ATR 72-500 cockpit

Irishpilot123
08-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Hello all. I plan to build an atr 72-500 cockpit. I'd say a rare build but i love the aircraft and would love to take it to the next leve. But my problem is. Where can i buy parts or the whole thing? Is there a place where i can get panels custom made? I would love your help guys.

All the best,
Irish

Avro748
08-19-2014, 01:19 AM
What happened to the CN295?

Either way, the ATR was my original plan way back when, but I ran into a lot of issues, and I mean a lot of issues that you will probably run into as well.
Two people, AFAIK, have done ATRs. One was a minimally functional one for X-Plane, the other is being done by Ruscool Electronics, but it is unfinished, and also supposedly running into the same problems that I did.

Irishpilot123
08-19-2014, 05:14 AM
What happened to the CN295?

Either way, the ATR was my original plan way back when, but I ran into a lot of issues, and I mean a lot of issues that you will probably run into as well.
Two people, AFAIK, have done ATRs. One was a minimally functional one for X-Plane, the other is being done by Ruscool Electronics, but it is unfinished, and also supposedly running into the same problems that I did.

The CASA had to stop due to lack of resources unfortunately. I'm a big fan of turboprops so i said lets go ATR. So what problems did you occur? and to you have a link to Ruscool electronics?

Thanks a mil,
Irish

Avro748
08-19-2014, 01:52 PM
So what problems did you occur?

Enough problems to change the build to something else. I don't have much time to go into detail right now.

Where can i buy parts or the whole thing? Is there a place where i can get panels custom made?

Before you go all "buy this" and "buy that," think about your time, money, and resources. Having panels custom made is considerably more expensive than DIY.

If you like turboprops, I know of plenty of viable options for you that you may have more luck with for various reasons.

dodiano
08-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Ruzcool Is your man for the Job! And he is an amazing person to deal with:

http://www.ruscool.co.nz/index.html

Avro748
08-19-2014, 03:22 PM
I just took another look at his blog, it looks like he's made some good progress on the ATR lately.