PDA

View Full Version : Install Problems

iwik
06-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Hi,
Just dabbling with this software on one pc with FSX installed and Win 7.
When I do the install it stalls at the Configure screen. This is the screen
with the IP address and Port numbers. The box for FS9/FSX running on
this pc is ticked and I just then hit Done button.
It reports the following Error Message " The System Cannot Locate the object Specified Line 0".
I cant move on unless I Untick the box FS9/FSX running on this computer.
Consequently I don't have comms with some modules and so they don't work.
By the way my FSX is installed on a separate drive to Win 7 if this has any bearing.
I have disabled all Firewalls and Antivirus.
A320FMGS is installed on c:/A320FMGS directory.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Les

jeehell
06-30-2014, 05:56 AM
Hi,

Sorry I never encountered this error, nor any other users reported it. This is a very strange error?
However, if you untick this box, you'll have only one thing to do: edit the simconnect.xml file.
If you use FSX, it should be in the following folder:
C:\Users\JeeHell\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

It should look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>global</Scope>
<Address>192.168.1.2</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>9017</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>true</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>local</Scope>
<Address>127.0.0.1</Address>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<Port>9017</Port>
<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>true</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

Make a backup of that file before modifying it.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
06-30-2014, 05:57 AM
Also, make sure you have installed FSX with SP1 and SP2 patches (or FSX acceleration). Or Prepar3d...

JL

iwik
06-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Hi JL,
Thanks for the reply, there was no xml file there so I put a copy of your there. Error now gone but still not working.
I did run simconnect.msi to try a reinstall of simconnect before I posted, this did not put an xml file where you said.
Should it have?.
What do you suggest the minimium modules to enable to try and find out whats wrong. Bearing in mind I am using this
on one pc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Les

jeehell
06-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Are you sure you have installed the services packs for FSX?
If it is an issue with Simconnect, you can see that on the server as it won't show connectivity to flight simulator.
And in that case I cannot do much... You're probably better off reinstalling FSX...
JL

dodiano
06-30-2014, 07:16 PM
Hi Jeehel,

Hey sir, Roberto Soriano from Throttletek could we talk one day? Send me a pm with your email!

Take care

iwik
06-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks,
It definitely is something to do with simconnect. I don't get a connection with flightsim. Fsx had just been installed.
Will try a reinstall of FSX and thanks again for the help. Will persevere and get there. Its a great thing you have done
and much appreciated.
Take Care
Les
I have Acceleration installed.

jeehell
07-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Les, also make sure you use the "StarterFSX" application (and not just "starter").

JL

iwik
07-01-2014, 01:51 AM
JL,
Yes had tried autostart and StarterFSX.
Did a new install of FSX but no different. There is still no Simconnect.xml being installed in the folder with FSX.cfg.
I see a simconnect.dll in Nav folder of A320FMGS.
The only time I can find a simconnect.xml is when I run Simconnect.msi.
Do you know when exactly the simconnect.xml is generated. Is it after an FSX install.
Please don't waste your time on my problem you have way more important things.
Your program obviously expects to find the simconnect xml file where you say.
All I have got to find out why I don't get one generated.
Thanks
Les

OmniAtlas
07-01-2014, 11:10 AM
As a last resort perhaps reinstall FSX, FSUIPC, or try prepard3d (I know, thats a stretch, but FSX is ancient and we need to move on).

iwik
07-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Ben, Fsuipc is not needed if you run FSX.
Jl,
Managed to get an ALL CONNECTED messages in The Server window. Thanks for the help, now its onwards and upwards.

I know it is in Beta so the following is just some points from a complete new person with curiosity for Airbus experience.

1. Even after doing a fresh install of FSX there was still no Simconnect.xml file installed in
Users/Myname/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder. So in my case this generated the error message " the system cannot
Locate the Object specified " message appears. I read somewhere by someone knowledgeable that it is the Addon that
generates this file.

2. When you install this program and you check the Options you want, I assumed that by unchecking FS2004 support
that anything related to this would not have any effect. However on starting FMGS from the start menu you
automatically start the Fs2004 version and not FSX even though you unchecked FS2004 support.As fsx is generally the favoured Sim today the default be FSX start.exe.
3. The other thing I noticed is that when selecting option to see if you have a connection,
in my case it says no but it is connected as says so on the Server Message Window.

The above things caught me out along with multiple windows on a single pc(I know not admirable) but a few people like me may want to try it out.

I had a look in the Starter.ini to change the auto start but didn't see any where to change it. Can you do it?.
All in all it's interested me to go ahead and do something more, Thanks
Pleas be sure the above comments were only made to possibly reduce the frustration someone like me might encounter and put them off using a Brilliant piece of Freeware.
Thanks
Les

OmniAtlas
07-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Hi iwiki -- the documentation is slightly outdated (due to the pace JL updates his software!), so somethings may not have been updated.

Yes, the link created on the programs directory listing points towards Starter.exe which may confuse some people. Perhaps in the next release JL can remove creating the program listing.

Starter.ini is just a list of all the programs, modules you want to open at the same time. I would recommend running the modules separately until you are assured they work correctly before running this batch program.

iwik
07-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Thanks Ben,
Yes that's a good idea. I just find when starting something like JL software it can be quite confusing mainly because Beta
stuff changes so quickly. Now that I have got the hang of things I will be on my way.
The thing that got me on the right track was when I added FSUIPC and it gave me an error message. The lights when on
in my brain.
Les