PDA

View Full Version : Addons FMGS - Ground handling and Pushback / RAAS

SSO
06-02-2014, 03:59 AM
Hi all,

Did any of you find a good solution for Ground Handling and Pushback working with FMGS?
How about other addons similar to FS2Crew / RAAS?

What works - what does not?

/Stephen

OmniAtlas
06-02-2014, 05:09 AM
for pushback....either fsdt ground, or use shift-P.

There is a freeware similar to RAAS, I posted a link up on the jeehell software thread.

stefangr
06-04-2014, 03:48 AM
For pushback I am using AES (as I am only flying from/to airports with AES support). It's a bit tricky to select a parking position after landing on big airports with a lot of parking positions. I suggested to define a default parking position for each airport, maybe Oliver will introduce something like that. For AES there also exists a remote version which can run on a different PC than the FS PC. However sound is coming from FS PC only.

For RAAS I am using FS2Crew. Unfortunately it can only run on FS PC, so the sound always comes from the main FS speakers which is not realistic. I spoke to Bryan recently and I suggested to publish some kind of networked version so that it can run on a remote PC. He was quite interested and I hope there will be a solution soon.

Stefan

OmniAtlas
06-04-2014, 08:25 AM
I think instructor station also allows you to perform a push back from a remote computer.

SSO
06-05-2014, 07:36 AM
For pushback I am using AES (as I am only flying from/to airports with AES support). It's a bit tricky to select a parking position after landing on big airports with a lot of parking positions.
Stefan
Stefan,

Could you elaborate a bit on the above?
- Why do you only fly to the AES airports? What does it give you?
- What is the issue with the parking positions?

Thanks

/Stephen

stefangr
06-05-2014, 08:19 AM
- Why do you only fly to the AES airports? What does it give you?
- What is the issue with the parking positions?

AES' main features are:
- Moving jetways / stairs
- Moving cargo, fuel, catering and cleaning vehicles
- Exact pushback with selectable nose/tail direction (including some communication with ground)
- Follow me on request after landing (to selected parking position)

I don't like to miss that anymore.

The small "problem" I am having with the follow me is that you can only select a parking position once the wheels are back on the ground. To select a parking position you need to scroll through all available positions until you find the desired position - this may take some time which I do not have directly after landing, I would like to keep it rolling... So that's why I suggested in the Aerosoft forum to define a default gate for each airport (or to be able to select the gate already while still in the air) and an option to automatically request the follow me after landing (e.g. as soon as the runway is vacated) without the need to press a key.

Regards
Stefan

SSO
06-09-2014, 06:47 AM
Thanks Stefan. See AES still is not out for P3D so I will have to wait.

Ben and others - Experimented with the Shift-P. My Project Airbus FMGS A320 does not like to turn during push back, or does it very very slowly. Have any of you also experienced this? Any idea how to resolve this?
By the way. I stumbled across this aircraft. It has a Pushback gauge installed. I added this to the FMGS A320 panel and it works in P3D - although it has the same issue with turning as the standard P3D pushback has...

Stephan Schwarz
06-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Maybe you want to give GSX a chance? This product has one huge advantage compared to AES: it works on every airport! I dont want to miss it anymore, it also has Fuel Truck, baggage loaders, pushbank with ground crew, sounds etc. Only thing is the jetway does not want to work (think I have to define a jetway position in the aircraft.cfg), but I can live without and dont have to buy credits for new airports.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

EDIT: just found the reason for the non-moving jetways, it has to do with the Aerosoft airport I tried to use it. Here you can read it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6149.msg54252.html#msg54252

So jetways also work, but on default airports only

SSO
06-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Maybe you want to give GSX a chance? This product has one huge advantage compared to AES: it works on every airport! I dont want to miss it anymore, it also has Fuel Truck, baggage loaders, pushbank with ground crew, sounds etc. Only thing is the jetway does not want to work (think I have to define a jetway position in the aircraft.cfg), but I can live without and dont have to buy credits for new airports.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

EDIT: just found the reason for the non-moving jetways, it has to do with the Aerosoft airport I tried to use it. Here you can read it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6149.msg54252.html#msg54252

So jetways also work, but on default airports only
Thanks - will look into that. Mind you I also use a number of Aerosoft airports, but never had AES so Dont know what I am missing :-)