PDA

View Full Version : FMGS "Switchboard" and SIOC

SSO
05-25-2014, 02:52 AM
Jean Luc,

A couple of questions:
1. When an input or output variable changes state, do you then broadcast to all FSUIPC, SIOC, EHID regardless of modules that has registered and regardless to which module initiated the change, such that EHID modules will get informed about changed from FSUIPC or SIOC via FMGS?

2. In the SIOC section of the Userguide v 31, there seem to be no mention of Pedestal keys. Has this been implemented?

3. I was looking for trim setup (Axis / buttons) but didnt find it. Did I overlook it or is this handled directly with the FS?

/Stephen

jeehell
05-29-2014, 05:39 AM
Hi

I thought I had answered that thread, but I think the forum bugged when I hit the answer button... Here I go again:

1. hardware modules do not have any logic, all LEDs output are generated by the FMGS server. So all modules are synched.
2. Most pedestal functions are in the MISC tab of SIOC Creatro.
3. Trim input is not yet managed by my soft, but FS trim commands will work (thought quickly overriden by my soft).

Regards
JL

OmniAtlas
05-29-2014, 07:32 AM
Hi

I thought I had answered that thread, but I think the forum bugged when I hit the answer button... Here I go again:

1. hardware modules do not have any logic, all LEDs output are generated by the FMGS server. So all modules are synched.
3. Trim input is not yet managed by my soft, but FS trim commands will work (thought quickly overriden by my soft).

Regards
JL

Hi JL,

is is there any way to set the sim up so p3d will override FMGS commands (e.g using the project airbus throttle).

SSO
05-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi

Regards
JL
:-) Thanks

Re. 1. Ok, so I understand you dont broadcast changes in input states, but only outputs. Thats what I see in the EHID monitor as well.
The reason for my asking was that I was considering developing a couple of SW modules for the items that you have not modelled visually, but that would require that I was made aware of changes in input states as well.
Examples could be:
Gear lights/Auto Brake panel.
Transponder panel.

jeehell
05-30-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi,

is is there any way to set the sim up so p3d will override FMGS commands (e.g using the project airbus throttle).
no

Re. 1. Ok, so I understand you dont broadcast changes in input states, but only outputs. Thats what I see in the EHID monitor as well.
The reason for my asking was that I was considering developing a couple of SW modules for the items that you have not modelled visually, but that would require that I was made aware of changes in input states as well.
Examples could be:
Gear lights/Auto Brake panel.
Transponder panel.

Syncrhonizing inputs is useless in my view?

JL

SSO
05-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Syncrhonizing inputs is useless in my view?

JL
Well, As I was thinking of making a SW version of the brakepanel, incl. the Autobrake and N/W Disc. panel, syncronizing change of input state could also be relevant, as these are partly present on your O/H panel.
I agree that when connected to hardware, then the only thing that could happen would be a descripency between buttons and switches handling the same function.

/Stephen