PDA

View Full Version : FMGS Joystick config request

SSO
05-20-2014, 03:21 AM
Hey,

I would really appreciate if you could add an additional conditions for each Joystick button:
- @ Press (exist)
- @ Release (new)

My Thrustmaster A10 Warthog has a tonn of two position buttons, but they are made to be programmed both via press and release respectively on the same button number.
Could this come on your list of updates in the not so far future ;-)

Thanks again for a great package.

/Stephen

jeehell
05-20-2014, 04:24 AM
Hi,

This is already supported? You do not have to set a specific release action, but when you select an action , when you press the button it will do ON action, and when you release an OFF action.

JL

SSO
05-20-2014, 04:52 AM
Excellent.

Im not quite sure how this should be implemented though: So if I was to to program such a switch (not button) to be
- Press (Gear up)
- Release (Gear down)

How would I do that?

/Stephen

jeehell
05-20-2014, 05:20 AM
Well this one of course is the bad example, as it is one of the few actions which are a bit different.
I will change a bit how the joystick buttons work, we'll then have more controls on the joystick buttons.

Regards,
JL

SSO
05-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Fantastic JL.
Thanks again.

jeehell
05-22-2014, 04:11 AM
Hi,

It's included in the latest auto update.

Regards,
JL

SSO
05-22-2014, 04:46 PM
B R I L L I A N T !!!
Works like a charm!

Merci beaucoup

jeehell
05-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Please note one thing though:you can select 3 "events": push/release/toggle.
Toggle does what it says: if you have a boolean variable, it will keep toggling between ON and OFF, depending on the state at the time it is sent (push will always send a push event, release a relase event).
Toggle event may not work on all actions.

JL

SSO
05-22-2014, 05:29 PM
yeah - I noticed that when setting it up. I think a couple of places I had to use toggle to make it work, which requires me to position these few switches correctly.

SSO
05-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Jean Luc,

The two switches giving me trouble are the Eng1master and 2.
They only allow Push event, but not Release. As I can see there is only one event and not both On and Off.
So I have for now been obliged to program this as a toggle, but that could be improved.

jeehell
05-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Are you sure the Release event is not taken into account?
As far as I can see in my code, the 3 events should work correctly. I'll try it.

SSO
05-22-2014, 06:20 PM
If I in the new interface set the ENG1MASTER (or 2) to event Release, the next time I press the button the system has reset that to push, as if the release event is unknown.

jeehell
05-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Just tried, the ENG1MASTER and ENG2MASTER work correcly iether with Push/release events or only one with toggle

By the way, if you use toggle, only ONE position of the physical switch must be used. If you assign the toggle event on the push, and the release event on the release, then ultimately this will not work correctly.

jeehell
05-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Please post a screenshot of the SW configuration window

SSO
05-25-2014, 01:42 PM
It is still an issue here.
See the short video I have uploaded:
http://youtu.be/6KaavPp_ofQ
I set them as push and release, but when I reopen, they are both Push.

/Stephen

jeehell
05-26-2014, 05:35 AM
should be corrected with new autoupdate.

JL

SSO
05-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Yep - solved.

Super!

SSO
05-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Jean Luc,

I have today tried to program a push / release button for the XPDR_ON / XPDR_SBY.
I get no effect out of programming these states.
I can see in the VATSIM vPilot, that the system always considers the transponder to be in Mode C, and that this info comes from the FMGS software.
Could you check that the Transponder status is sent correctly please?

Thanks.

jeehell
05-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Hi

Honnestly this is not a high priority issue. I cannot provide support for every single addons.
However, this should be working with FSUIPC support running for my software.

Regards
JL

jeehell
05-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Also, if you use two different actions you have to use only the push event.

SSO
05-30-2014, 02:46 PM
I completely understand.
I have just been through the FSUIPC offsets and there is no mention of XPDR position in the standard file.
I only find this in the PMDG extension being 65CB - 65CE (each 1 byte)
I will check with Ross if this is what he reads, but in fact I think he goes through SimConnect, where they may exist.
To be continued...

/Stephen

SSO
05-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Jean Luc,

Omni wisely pointed out that I should try to change the Transpoder status via the MCDU and see how that affected vPilot.
This connection actually works as it should so the issue is not between FMGS-FSUIPC-SimConnect-vPilot, but rather inside FMGS in the implementation of the push actions XPDR_On / XPDR_STBY which I see do not affect the status shown in the MCDU.

/Stephen

SSO
07-25-2014, 02:26 AM
Jean Luc,

In the Complex Throttle with P/B reverser setup, I noticed that the Full reverse demand takes quite a number of seconds to reach 100 %. In the real aircraft the demand is almost instant when reverse is selected. You dont use 3-5 second moving the reverse handles backward from Idle.
The consequence is that the supply of reverser seems very slow to come into effect.
Could you have a look at this at one point.

Thanks

jeehell
07-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Hi,

I'l ltry to remember to change that in next version.
Right now, Im reworking the whole joystick system (up to now I could only handle 6 axis and 32 buttons per controller, now I will be ablle to handle 8 axis and 128 buttons, which is the maximum for windows HID joystick).

Regards,
JL

SSO
07-26-2014, 07:22 AM
Thanks,

While you are in the module I have one additional request.
As the Reverser button effectively slowly changes the reported value from 0 to -65000, it is impossible to properly set Reverse Idle. I have had to live with Idle being a bit forward of the actual Idel position of the throttles.
My suggestion is to autoset the Rev. Idle position based on the Manually set Idel position. Eg. Idle being set to zero +/- 1000, then autoset Rev. Idle to -2000 +/-1000. Alternatively making the delta onesided:
Idle: 0 + 1000, Rev Idle -1 - 1000.

The BEST option would actually be to be able to manually enter the values to override what has been read by the joystick reading.
This would make setting up left and right throttle detents more precise.

Hope the above makes sense... ;-)

/Stephen