PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGS B34

SSO
05-04-2014, 02:12 AM
Initial post below was about 33.2 - Thead updated to focus on 34 by JL.

/Stephen
--------------------

Thought it was time to start a new thread relating to the current release ;-)

Running B33.2 on P3D2.2 I noticed a couple of things:
1 - The strobe and beacon are flashing with way too high frequency.
2 - When looking left and right, the only things visible is the strobes. The wings are not seen.

Not sure if the above relates to the PA or P3Dv2.2.

Thoughts?

asessa
05-04-2014, 10:38 AM
The model provided by JL FGMS don't have views, so it's normal to view only strobes without wings and others

jeehell
05-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Hello all,

I've just finished a new version:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B34.exe

The new features are:
- Completely reworked AP/FBW. Thanks a lot to ToTom who did a great job helping me out on that.
- Completely reworked Sound module. Now it is possible to select a specific device for the playback.
- Some bugs corrected a bit everywhere.

There is no auto update possible for now. There were great changes inside the software internals, so it's best to do a full install.
Also, make sure you overwrite your older PA 320 model in your FS directory when asked to. There were changes to the flight model.

Best regards,
JL

PS: Stephen, sorr y I hijacked your thread and renamed it... Was easier for me ;-)

OmniAtlas
05-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks JL and ToTom, looking forward to trying it out tonight :)

startrail
05-18-2014, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=SSO;149141]Thought it was time to start a new thread relating to the current release ;-)

Running B33.2 on P3D2.2 I noticed a couple of things:
1 - The strobe and beacon are flashing with way too high frequency.
2 - When looking left and right, the only things visible is the strobes. The wings are not seen.

Not sure if the above relates to the PA or P3Dv2.2.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE

Happens in FSX too . It takes out reality . The beacon and strobe can be adjusted in the fsx or P3d EFFECT folder by changing the value numbers in the corresponding PA effects . Have tried to play around with the number but still could not reach a realistic speed. Hope someone can post the amended PA effects folder to copy and paste.

CHEERS

Mike

OmniAtlas
05-18-2014, 11:42 PM
Hi JL -- when and if you begin developing the weather radar for FMGS, will it be based on the ActiveSky Next API?

It seems that many software developers are going that route, from the creators of ifly737, to PMDG, and now this freeware radar --

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/442414-my-asn-weather-radar-gauge-for-fsx-p3d/#entry2991143

Thank you.

ToTom
05-19-2014, 02:13 AM
It seems to me that the new simconnect allows you to make Radar weather directly with P3D. It is independent of the weather engine.

New model compatible with B34 (A320 - the same one that is in B34. Additionally A318, A319, A321 and TOPCAT files):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7rns5puomg9wk77/A318toA321_090514.zip

jeehell
05-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Hi,

The weather radar is still not planned for the near future.
The simconnect API does not allow for a proper radar, there is a bug in their system (since FSX) and it has never been corrected so far. Without "hacking" it's not possible to get the clouds/precipitation position accurately (I did my research and trials myself, it's truly not possible with the normal way, and the hacking way is really tough).

Regards,
JL

ToTom
05-19-2014, 04:43 AM
Stephen from OPUSFSX also will not be doing an independent radar. He recommends WX Advantage Radar.
http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/news.html

OmniAtlas
05-19-2014, 07:41 AM
First impressions with the new build

Aircraft now feels 'heavy', when you are controlling with the sidestick it now feels like you're controlling a heavy huge metal tube!

ILS turns are now accurate, none of that silly turning back and forth -- on my first attempt YBBN RW01, aircraft turned appropriately and correctly!

OM, MM, IM alerts! Nice touch!

Will have to do more testing but looking pretty good so far.

Sounds at startup seem to play twice? (I noticed it with the seatbelt chimes and engine start sounds playing x2).

OmniAtlas
05-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Hi,

The weather radar is still not planned for the near future.
The simconnect API does not allow for a proper radar, there is a bug in their system (since FSX) and it has never been corrected so far. Without "hacking" it's not possible to get the clouds/precipitation position accurately (I did my research and trials myself, it's truly not possible with the normal way, and the hacking way is really tough).

Regards,
JL

Yes, I believe the only way to have accurate weather (precipitation) will be to interface directly with the weather program. PMDG held off developing one for their aircrafts until the ASN API was released.

I hope the weather radar will be on the agenda someday :(

filippoporcari
05-19-2014, 07:50 AM
thx JL for your job!
all the best
filippo

ToTom
05-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Yes, I believe the only way to have accurate weather (precipitation) will be to interface directly with the weather program. PMDG held off developing one for their aircrafts until the ASN API was released.

I have ASN. But for some reason (I will describe this soon) I would like to use the "OpusFX" weather engine.
Weather radar should operate independently from the weather engine. Currently, only the ASN provides an API for weather radar. It is their great advantage ...
But there are many engines weather. You can not limit FMGS only to the ASN.

But the weather radar is far away... Now I'm waiting for reviews of B34 ;-)

OmniAtlas
05-19-2014, 09:33 AM
I have ASN. But for some reason (I will describe this soon) I would like to use the "OpusFX" weather engine.
Weather radar should operate independently from the weather engine. Currently, only the ASN provides an API for weather radar. It is their great advantage ...
But there are many engines weather. You can not limit FMGS only to the ASN.

But the weather radar is far away... Now I'm waiting for reviews of B34 ;-)

Hi ToTom, I actually have OPUS (I like the built in dynamic head motion) -- I don't have ASN. However, it seems to be the only weather program that can realize an accurate weather radar. I will intend to purchase ASN as more developers begin to support the API.

Back to testing the newest update :)

tcane
05-19-2014, 11:10 AM
Hi Jl and Guys,
first: A big thank you for your new update and hard working! It´s so awesome what you do!
Also thanks Tom for your Files for Topcat! ;)
I got a small issue with the sound.
I didn´t hear the engines working or something like a rolling sound or flaps movment. I hear only the sounds for signs, mm, hydraulic (when you start the engines)
I look in to the soundfoulder from the jeehell Aircraft in the FSX/simobjects but there are no soundfiles. O.o Is this normaly?
I had made a fresh installation from your software.
Any idea how can i fix this?

King Regards
Florian

P.S.: Some time ago i didn´t hear the "reatard, retard" Callouts, too?!?! :O

filippoporcari
05-19-2014, 02:08 PM
florian the flight model fmgs install has NO sound files for the aircraft u have to provide your own sounds...to be more precise it uses (aliases) the default fsx 320 sounds
cheers
filippo

tcane
05-19-2014, 05:03 PM
florian the flight model fmgs install has NO sound files for the aircraft u have to provide your own sounds...to be more precise it uses (aliases) the default fsx 320 sounds
cheers
filippo
Ok, thanks it works now. But this is new, or?

SSO
05-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Tonight I flew LOWW-EKCH:
Takeoff rwy 29 and then up to FL340.
A couple of issues:
- The MCDU shows wrong prediction times to the waypoints and destination. It is showing time enroute from origin rather than ETA at the various waypoints.
-The MCDU did not seem to switch to CRZ mode but stayed in CLIMB mode
- Although less the thrust is still balloning between commanded N1% of 55-89. The actual thrust does not reduce to less than N1 74% as the commanded is already increased again
- The rapid flashing beacon now completely disapeared, as did the Nose light :-)

filippoporcari
05-19-2014, 05:26 PM
no florian this is not new...always been like this from the very beginning
cheers
fil

OmniAtlas
05-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Ok, thanks it works now. But this is new, or?

No, not new. I have out the sound files on the FMGS website http://FMGS.co.nr

OmniAtlas
05-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Tonight I flew LOWW-EKCH:
Takeoff rwy 29 and then up to FL340.
A couple of issues:
- The MCDU shows wrong prediction times to the waypoints and destination. It is showing time enroute from origin rather than ETA at the various waypoints.
-The MCDU did not seem to switch to CRZ mode but stayed in CLIMB mode
- Although less the thrust is still balloning between commanded N1% of 55-89. The actual thrust does not reduce to less than N1 74% as the commanded is already increased again
- The rapid flashing beacon now completely disapeared, as did the Nose light :-)

regarding altitude - you now have to program the alt into the mcdu. It doesn't automatically change when you turn the FCU alt knob as in previous release.

SSO
05-19-2014, 06:46 PM
regarding altitude - you now have to program the alt into the mcdu. It doesn't automatically change when you turn the FCU alt knob as in previous release.
I entered it manually on the INIT page at the beginning of the flight. :-)

SSO
05-20-2014, 01:50 AM
Let me add that I had an absolute ball yesterday with my setup and B34. Such an immersive experience online on VATSIM.
Running with
FS PC P3Dv2 on 100" Projectorscreen.
w FMGS Screens run on 24" sitting low on my desk.
w Thustmaster Warthog stick and dual throttle connected
w CockpitSonic RMP connected.
Laptop PC
w FMGS OH, FCU and MCDU with the MCDU on my old iPad 1 via iDisplay. (seems largely sufficient)
Will post pictures soon. :-)

THANK YOU JL!!!

OmniAtlas
05-20-2014, 02:03 AM
Let me add that I had an absolute ball yesterday with my setup and B34. Such an immersive experience online on VATSIM.
Running with
FS PC P3Dv2 on 100" Projectorscreen.
w FMGS Screens run on 24" sitting low on my desk.
w Thustmaster Warthog stick and dual throttle connected
w CockpitSonic RMP connected.
Laptop PC
w FMGS OH, FCU and MCDU with the MCDU on my old iPad 1 via iDisplay. (seems largely sufficient)
Will post pictures soon. :-)

THANK YOU JL!!!

Your setup sounds similar to mine :) I am using a 100" projector (W1080ST) for the visuals..however trying to find a way to set it up in the apartment is a struggle. I will wait for your pictures :)

asessa
05-20-2014, 06:17 AM
Hi yesterday i installed last version.
I will try it tonight with a complete flight, but i seen the night livery of the A320 is completly black! Only the tail is lighted and logo is visible.

does someone know why ?

I'm using p3d v2.2

bobsta63
05-20-2014, 06:48 AM
Thanks JL and ToTom for the new release, keep up the good work guys, we all really appreciate it :)

OmniAtlas
05-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Hi yesterday i installed last version.
I will try it tonight with a complete flight, but i seen the night livery of the A320 is completly black! Only the tail is lighted and logo is visible.

does someone know why ?

I'm using p3d v2.2

Did you reinstall the new A320 aircraft included with the latest Jeehell FMGS 34.0 build into your P3D\Simobject\airplanes folder?

asessa
05-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Did you reinstall the new A320 aircraft included with the latest Jeehell FMGS 34.0 build into your P3D\Simobject\airplanes folder?

Yes i done it.
The installer asked me if i wanted overwrite some files and i answered YES! :)

I'll try if another livery works

tcane
05-21-2014, 10:44 AM
I got a strange issue...
on my online aproach to EDDN via ils on rnwy 10 i Can't disconnect the ap via Throttle or sidestick! Also the sidestick doesn't move and if I push the ap button on fcu nothing is happen. After autoland I got the master alarm for disconnected autothrust who I can't turn off. Before I catch the localizer all works fine...
Any idea?

Regards Florian

romeow
05-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Hi,
can anybody test the following approach:

EDDF (scenery Mega EDDF X by German Airports)
25 R
Z ILS 111.35 IFNW

Everything is OK about the frequency on PFD, MCDU and RAD NAV. AFCAD of EDDF is correct as well, the frequencies/RWYs correspond with the data of NavDataPro.

When I am approaching the localizer (with LOC armed) the Airbus intercepts it without any problem but the localizer leads the Airbus straight down to RWY 25C (and not to RWY25R)!?!? No idea why!

I am really curious if somebody else will experience the same behaviour.

BTW
Doing the same thing with the MS Default Cessna the ILS 111.35 is leading the aircraft down to RWY 25R - as it should be.

Regards René

SSO
05-22-2014, 06:12 PM
JeanLuc,

An issue I have observed at a couple of autoupdates is that additional modules were installed as compared to what was initially installed.
For the one I did today, the autoupdater has installed the CPT MCDU although I have that installed and running on a separate machine.
Not sure how the autoupdater gathers its information :-)

Is it ok just to shut down the applications that would else be double, and just delete the .exe on the machine it should not be on?
Doing a reinstall just makes the issue reappear.
(I have noticed the same issue with the SBY PFD for a number of updates)

jeehell
05-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Hi René,

THis is an interesting issue. I'll get in touch via PM in the next days (a bit busy right now).

JL

romeow
05-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Hi JL,
you're welcome! I'm just waiting so far. Meanwhile I'll test the other approaches especially the 07 ones.

René

OmniAtlas
05-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Hi,

25 R
Z ILS 111.35 IFNW

Everything is OK about the frequency on PFD, MCDU and RAD NAV. AFCAD of EDDF is correct as well, the frequencies/RWYs correspond with the data of NavDataPro.

When I am approaching the localizer (with LOC armed) the Airbus intercepts it without any problem but the localizer leads the Airbus straight down to RWY 25C (and not to RWY25R)!?!? No idea why!

BTW
Doing the same thing with the MS Default Cessna the ILS 111.35 is leading the aircraft down to RWY 25R - as it should be.

Regards René

You need an updated scenery pack. The airporty at eddf was extended. Look on google maps.

OmniAtlas
05-23-2014, 03:10 AM
For those familiar with the autopilot disconnect -

3 Calvery degradation sounds if the aircraft is configured for a cat3 landing?

1 Calvery sound if it is cat 1 only? Regards.

romeow
05-23-2014, 03:38 AM
You need an updated scenery pack. The airporty at eddf was extended. Look on google maps.
Everything is updated! As I wrote, using a MS default Cessna there is no problem at all with ILS 25RZ / 111.35.
René

tcane
05-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Hey there,
I don´t won't to annoy but i was able to recover the error using the non-functional keys and thus limit.
I use for the inputs the I/O Card from ARCAZE and one Card or the associated key for the "GND Spoilers Armed" has an small issue, every time if i put it to the "armed" Mode the I/O-Device disconnect and reconnect and i got a small brake on my system. Unfortunately, I have this error always and don´t know what it is. Before the update that was no problem for Jeehell, but since then, it crashes and I really can not press any more buttons or similar...
Jean Luc, maybe you can fix this?? *begging look* :)))
Also, did you finde out something with the 8,33kHz Frequencies? :)

Looking forward to your reply
king regards
Florian

jeehell
05-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Hi Florian,

can you describe a bit more your problem with the I/O?
I do not know how the arcaze module works, so please explain with details the interactions between hard/soft (liek the protocol used for isntance).

As for the 8.33khz: I have plans for it very soon, but not the next update I think. I hope before end of June.

Regards,
JL

tcane
05-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Hi JL,
thanks for your reply...
The ARCAZE Modul can simulates some devices ( Analog and Digital Joypad also a Virtual Keyboard). You can connect something like Pushbuttons, switches, Encoders and something more to it.
Here you can find a small WIKI (http://wiki.simple-solutions.de/en/products/Arcaze/Arcaze-USB) and also the SDK. (I hope you mean this with the used protocol :/)

My problem is that i got a Microswitch (built it in to the Flapslever) who is connected to one of this ARCAZE Modul. I assigned in the Software from the Arcaze as a Digital Joypad with the Number "4" for example and assigned also in your FMGS_Config as the "Spoilers Armed Button". Everytime if i activate the spoiler (push the microswitch) the USB-ARCAZE disconnect and reconnect to the PC-System. (Hear the typical Windowssounds) After this your Hard-Softwareware? freezes and i can´t push any button, joystick or something who is connected to your software. But if i push the Microswitch for the Spoilers again i hear again the dis- and reconnect sound. So i think that the ARCAZE still works.
I know that the main error is not coming from your software (the dis- and reconnect is a problem from the ARCAZE), but before the update was this short interruption no problem for Jeehell and everything works on as usual.

By the way i got a small question between the Arcaze Virtual Keyboard and your Software. The ARCAZE- Community got a issue with Encoders when we assigned as an Digital Encoder Joypad. The Arcaze always swallowed signals and skips so much that we have a long time to turn before something is happen on the "ALT" for example. But if we assigned this Encoder as a Virtual Keyboard, all works fine and perfect but we can´t assigned in your software, because you didn´t support keys. Is there somehow the possibility to change this? :) ;) ;) ;) I know, that´s also a problem of the ARCAZE but the support from the owner has become so bad. And we see no fix for this.

As the 8.33khz: Ok, sounds great and is enough for me already! No stress and a big big thank you for your help!

Regards,
Florian

jeehell
05-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Ok so this is a joystick then.
WHat action did you setup for the spoiler? there are several available:
-spoiler ARM/DISARM
-spolier ARM
-spoiler DISARM
In your case, if I understand correctly, you shoud use the spoiler ARM/DISARM action, coupled with a TOGGLE event.

As for the connect/disconnect: I do not know that arcaze system, but it does not sound nice to hear that. Are you sure of the power supply and all? it should not do that...

Keyboard actions: I thought about that already, just need to find some time to implement it...

Regards,
JL

tcane
05-23-2014, 05:45 PM
I didn´t got direct in front of me, but yes i think it´s a toggle event with arm/disarm. Will check this the next time.

Connect/Disconnect: All systems have an additional port with mini USB for extra power. Offcourse I have also connected this. The strange thing is that this problem only occurs on one button. The other inputs work fine on the same Arcaze. But will check it at the next time, too.
But you don´t know how to prevent the freezing of your software if the system dis- and reconnects again, just like it was before the update? :)))

Keyboard actions: This sounds really great and every Arcaze user will be very very happy. :) Thanks!!!!

Regards,
Florian

SSO
05-25-2014, 05:53 PM
GREAT - after the lastest B34 autoupdate today the cruise balooning is solved.
Applause :-)

asessa
05-26-2014, 03:40 AM
Hi , yesterday i tried to fly.
Autoupdater give me latest version but :

1. All joystick button configuration didn't work , i had battery switch setted on two joystick buttons and now they don't work because on the release of buttons the battery goes off!
2. I can't start engine. All seems ok, but PSI of engines was always at 0% ... why ?

Regards

filippoporcari
05-26-2014, 03:58 AM
ciao antonio!
this looks pretty strange....
i had no problems at all in my rig after autoupdates.
had u already b34 up and running before the update?
fil

asessa
05-26-2014, 04:03 AM
ciao antonio!
this looks pretty strange....
i had no problems at all in my rig after autoupdates.
had u already b34 up and running before the update?
fil

Ciao Fil, yes, all was ok before this update and i flied without problems

Stephan Schwarz
05-26-2014, 04:24 AM
I have a question regarding Transponder mode and TCAS mode on startup: is it possible to change the default mode to "Transponder OFF/STBY" and "TCAS STBY"? Today the first thing I have to do is to change both before I can fire up vPilot or IVAP.

Thanks
Stephan

asessa
05-26-2014, 04:36 AM
I have a question regarding Transponder mode and TCAS mode on startup: is it possible to change the default mode to "Transponder OFF/STBY" and "TCAS STBY"? Today the first thing I have to do is to change both before I can fire up vPilot or IVAP.

Thanks
Stephan

I agree with you

jeehell
05-26-2014, 04:53 AM
HI,

@Antonio:
1. There was this line in the readme after update: -Added more options for joystick buttons. You will have to use FMGS config to convert the old config files to the new format.
2. NO idea, never had that.

@Stephan: this kind of thing is not possible for now: some prefer with everything switched off, all switched on, I cannot please everyone. So I wont change that.

Regards
JL

asessa
05-26-2014, 05:03 AM
HI,

@Antonio:
1. There was this line in the readme after update: -Added more options for joystick buttons. You will have to use FMGS config to convert the old config files to the new format.
2. NO idea, never had that.

@Stephan: this kind of thing is not possible for now: some prefer with everything switched off, all switched on, I cannot please everyone. So I wont change that.

Regards
JL

Ok JH, i will set from scrath my assings ;)
For PSI problem, i will try if problem persist.

For the Transponder : in real life it is turned off at ground ;)

tcane
05-26-2014, 09:48 AM
Hi Jl,
a big thank you for your update and fix with the release problem! It works now again. ;)

adonismartinez
05-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Hi,

25 R
Z ILS 111.35 IFNW

BTW

Regards René

Hi Rene and Jeehell

I did an ILs approach, while LOC AND GLIDE were centered visual showed that Im aiming to a side of the runway, no idea why, maybe the view point of FS or something. Attached image can show what happens.

Also a pair of issues.

- Vertical revision in primary flight plan nor secondary flight plan is locked, it is not possible to set for high altitude airfields the 250kt/10000 ft constraints.

-Like the real airplane's OEB 39 "Erroneous fuel prediction in Alternate destination upon modification of a company route" happens the same! Great job !! ;) The bad news is that this happens if the MCDU is not filled in the DIFFSRIFS order. While inserting data in the "C" format, fuel predictions are innacurate.

- Alternate flight-plan-departure-airport (primary flight plan destination airport) does not show the departures asociated when filling the alternate flight plan, instead alternate destination airport shows stars and arrivals. Alternate flight plan is not sequenced and the "enable alternate " feature will not work correctly.

Thats all by now, I will perform a pair of flights now and keep you posted.

Regards
Adonis

romeow
05-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Hi Adonis all all the others,

I've completely forgotten to post that it isn't necessary anymore to test the EDDF approach I askd for few days ago. The problem is fixed and all the approaches onto EDDF are OK now. I've found several (old) AFCAD files for EDDF inside the FSX folder which caused the mess. I don't know why they were there. Probably something went wrong with the EDDF X installer.
Regards René

jeehell
05-30-2014, 09:39 AM
Hello Adonis,

Regarding the mis aligned localizer, did you run the navdbapp.exe alone (FS and FMGS closed) to build the ILS database?

I'll have a look at the other issues.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
05-30-2014, 10:15 PM
Flying at a crz at a mach speed of .610 (couldn't climb to FL350)

Anyone know why?

OmniAtlas
05-30-2014, 10:18 PM
On closer inspection it looks like I am only using an N1 of 77% on the left engine, and N1 of 80% on engine 2...why the discrepancy? Both engines are in CLB mode.

filippoporcari
05-31-2014, 06:08 AM
don't know about the discrepancy...which CI did u used?
fil

OmniAtlas
05-31-2014, 10:26 AM
don't know about the discrepancy...which CI did u used?
fil

I used a CI of 40...then when I couldn't climb to FL35 I changed it to 80...still had problems.

filippoporcari
05-31-2014, 01:01 PM
sounds very strange: with a CI 40 u should not have mach .61 in crz but a higher mach number...
really don't know what could be wrong...never experienced anything like this.
which was the crz wind?
did u use a weather engine?
...u should be able to climb with ANY CI...btw if u were not able to climb ...u should have tried LOWERING the CI and not increasing it: the aircraft was probably not able to climb because could not reach the mach number given for the selected CI; a lower CI gives a lower speed (mach) that means a steeper climb.
regards
fil

OmniAtlas
05-31-2014, 08:19 PM
I reinstalled OPUS back then, I don't know if that was the problem. I noticed the temperature was flickering back and forth between different degrees C -- I will try again with stabilize winds and temperatures. cheers.

SSO
06-01-2014, 02:29 AM
Omni,

Gear up?
I had that issue a couple of times in my early FMGS flights, due to button programming issues and the lack of gear indicator up in your face :-)

OmniAtlas
06-01-2014, 04:04 AM
Gear was def up. Always the first thing I always check. Maybe just a glitch. I think it was the weather programs fault.

brianwilliamson
06-05-2014, 02:29 AM
Just finished installing V34 on the sim. All going 100 percent and I have to say flying better than ever.

The FBW: I did a complete flight test on the Alpha Floor and Toga Lock, and they all passed perfectly. The aeroplane is much more realistic and a lot heavier to fly, as it should be.

Also the ILS capture is perfect.

Many thanks for a great piece of software. Amazing, as always.

Cheers...............Brian W.

OmniAtlas
06-05-2014, 02:46 AM
Good to hear Brian :)

Anyone know if "More Drag" prompt on the ND is modeled?

Cheers.

filippoporcari
06-06-2014, 09:25 AM
ben i never got a MORE DRAG message on ND as it is supposed to be...but i strongly believe it is definitely related to VNAV which is not yet fully modelled as reported many times.
i think we'll have this informations in the future when JL will complete the VNAV thing.
just my thought of course.
cheers
fil

Beaufort
06-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi,
new to JeeHell I´m absolutely impressed about Your work. Hope I get it running on my system soon!
Only one thing: may I remind You to Your post to a former build:
"
@Arie: yes I forgot to remove some code in the installer, and it does indeed change the simconnect.xml file.
I will remove that for next version, sorry about that.
"
The installation today on my system did still the same and caused some additional grey hair on my head :( until I found it :). Would make life easier for the newbies when You fix it.
Do I understand it correct: JeeHell does not need the ports 9017 it sets to the simconnect.xml - or does one have to add the entry there?
Regards Rainer

jeehell
06-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Hi,

The simconnect issue will be solved in ext version. The installer will add it's own requirements if other addons do not use the required port, but it will no longer overwrite the other settings. Also it'll make a backup of the current simconnect.xml file.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
06-09-2014, 07:19 AM
ben i never got a MORE DRAG message on ND as it is supposed to be...but i strongly believe it is definitely related to VNAV which is not yet fully modelled as reported many times.
i think we'll have this informations in the future when JL will complete the VNAV thing.
just my thought of course.
cheers
fil

thanks fil --VNAV involves calculations regarding speed of descent to reach the target altitude in managed mode?

Or does it get more complicated? I understand in the boeing when you are using V/S to descend you get an end point calculated 'arc' on the ND. Does the FMGS have a similar function?

On a side note -- Does the FMGS take into consideration wind speed on final approach (flaps 4 speed)?

Thank you

Ben

filippoporcari
06-09-2014, 08:07 AM
all your questions are answered in the FCOM ben :-) ...anyway trying to summarize:
VNAV calculations are a "black art" also for airbus engineers i suppose...it is for pilots! lot of parameters involved...
i think the message is not displaied because JL not yet implemented it in the VNAV thing.
about your 2nd question: airbus has a similar indication compared to boeing but more accurate (in boeings u have the green banana both in v/s and lvl chg): if u're in NAV lateral mode u have a blue okeystick on the green route line at the point u reach the FCU selected altitude whichever descent mode u use (managed, selected)...if u're in HDG lateral mode u have a green dashed arc (similar to boeing banana) showing the distance at which u'll reach FCU altitude (only selected mode available if in HDG mode). this is not yet implemented in JL but it will.
about 3rd question: YES! it's called GROUND SPEED MINI function and it does a LOT more than just compensating the wind: when on final, if u are in managed speed mode, the function is available and it "modulates" the VAPP to mantain the aircraft ground speed within defined limits...pls refer to fcom for specs :-) too long to describe! ground speed mini is correctly implemented and working in JL
hope not to have left anything out.
cheers
fil

A319vmlw
06-10-2014, 05:23 AM
Hello, a big thank you to Jeehell for this nice version of the FMGS Software the FBW System is now perfect and the aircraft feels very good in flight but i have a question about the OVHD. In Version B30 it works with my PC config without any problems but now the CPU load is at 100% and the reaction time for switches is sometimes 5-10 sec. can it be the the load of the OVHD is now so big ? or is there a config problem by my configuration. And another problem is that the anti collision light do not work but the switch in OVHD is on. In another thread i has read that a new user guide is on the road can you tell me something about the date of finishing ? BR Veit

OmniAtlas
06-10-2014, 06:25 AM
this is not yet implemented in JL but it will.
about 3rd question: YES! it's called GROUND SPEED MINI function and it does a LOT more than just compensating the wind: when on final, if u are in managed speed mode, the function is available and it "modulates" the VAPP to mantain the aircraft ground speed within defined limits...pls refer to fcom for specs :-) too long to describe! ground speed mini is correctly implemented and working in JL
hope not to have left anything out.
cheers
fil

Yes, had a flick through the FCOM, seems like quite a complicating affair, which is probably why it takes considerable time to implement.

:)

cheers, Ben

filippoporcari
06-10-2014, 06:45 AM
ben the ground speed mini is already implemented!
fil

jeehell
06-10-2014, 07:21 AM
Hello, a big thank you to Jeehell for this nice version of the FMGS Software the FBW System is now perfect and the aircraft feels very good in flight but i have a question about the OVHD. In Version B30 it works with my PC config without any problems but now the CPU load is at 100% and the reaction time for switches is sometimes 5-10 sec. can it be the the load of the OVHD is now so big ? or is there a config problem by my configuration. And another problem is that the anti collision light do not work but the switch in OVHD is on. In another thread i has read that a new user guide is on the road can you tell me something about the date of finishing ? BR Veit
Hi,

I hope the updated user guide will be there for next version.
The lights effect are visible only if you have the "effects" file copied in the effects folder of FSX. It should be done automatically during installation, but you can force it manually.
As for the 100% CPU load, I need more details such as your setup specs, which process exactly is taking up CPU etc...

Regards,
JL

Stephan Schwarz
06-10-2014, 07:53 AM
. In Version B30 it works with my PC config without any problems but now the CPU load is at 100% and the reaction time for switches is sometimes 5-10 sec. can it be the the load of the OVHD is now so big ?

Veit, I have the same from time to time (very seldom, still using B33). It helps when I reboot my 3 computers, after new bootup this issue is gone. Please check and inform if this happens every time you try to fly or only from time to time?

Regards,
Stephan

startrail
06-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Hi,

The lights effect are visible only if you have the "effects" file copied in the effects folder of FSX. It should be done automatically during installation, but you can force it manually.
As for the 100% CPU load, I need more details such as your setup specs, which process exactly is taking up CPU etc...

Regards,
JL

I have the same. Problem with nav lights and Beacon. The effects are copied and still no response. I have also certain occuracne where the the CPU is at 100 %.

A319vmlw
06-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Hello Jeehell thanks for quick answer. The network load was only 4% so that is not the problem, i have the same problems as startrail see thread before the issue was only sometimes like a peak in the cpu load and my nav lights an the beacon do not work. The effects file are in the effects folder. Can it be a context between the cpu load an the issue with the light effects? I will look in the evening to locate the prozess who has max. cpu load but i think i have seen that ovhd has 60% cpu load in idle. I inform you later. BR Veit

romeow
06-10-2014, 06:56 PM
I face the same problem with EXT LT. I'am mostly able to switch the NAV LT and Beacon ON but no way to switch them OFF!
NOSE Taxi doesn't work at all. All fx files are copied to the EFFECT folder of FSX.

Concerning the CPU workload I'll monitor.

Regards
René

stefangr
06-11-2014, 05:11 AM
Is there any chance to switch the marker sounds (inner/middle/outer) on and off? Currently they are always on.

Thanks
Stefan

OmniAtlas
06-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Is there any chance to switch the marker sounds (inner/middle/outer) on and off? Currently they are always on.

Thanks
Stefan

I think there may be a way to turn off the sounds via the ACP default keys in FSX/P3D -- I just haven't found them yet.

Thanks for the update JL -- the night mode is looking very sweet!

Request -- would it be possible to implement a re size of the modules (ND/PFD/OHD, etc) also using the middle mouse scroll button? This way when we want to enlarge or reduce the size of the modules they retain the aspect ratio (sometimes difficult when using the click to drag window approach).

Thank you.

OmniAtlas
06-11-2014, 08:23 AM
Bug? Still having trouble maintaining speed at FL370 -- for some reason the left engine has a lower % N1 output and is drags along until the A/THR kicks in.

Not too sure if this is a control (using the emulated joystick) or the new aircraft model problem.

Everyone else cruising okay? I can only reach .730 mach.

OmniAtlas
06-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Edit -- found the problem -- its the 'smooth wind changes' with FSUIPC...it was enabled.

This option has to be DISABLED for optimum performance!

JL -- please add this to your documentation!

startrail
06-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Hi,

Regards,
JL

Hi JL

After today s update, we thank you for, the CPU 100% is gone and client/server communication improved. But the External Lights problem still there.

Mike

A319vmlw
06-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Hello Mike, you have load and installed the update via the updater in the FMGS Software or is there a download file everywhere ? Now the problem with the cpu load is fixed ? BR Veit

A319vmlw
06-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Hello Stephan, after starting all pc´s there is no problem but after a short time likes 10-15 Min the problems beginn and the switches had reaction time from 10-15 sek. but only sometimes it feels like a temporary cpu load from 100% for a half min. after this time it works for a few minutes. I have no idea at the moment BR Veit

OmniAtlas
06-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Anyone still getting a lot of 'wind sheer' warnings as they are about to land?

I had a complete CAT III landing failure at KLAX yesterday 50ft from touchdown because of a windsheer warning.

Overly sensitive?

startrail
06-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Hello Mike, you have load and installed the update via the updater in the FMGS Software or is there a download file everywhere ? Now the problem with the cpu load is fixed ? BR Veit

The update was done thru the updater automatically upon starting A320 FMGS And as for the delay in response to which user A319vlmw pointed to , I have it too.Mike

adonismartinez
06-12-2014, 03:14 AM
Good day Jeehell

Very good new version, however sometimes I had a completely dead apu, and the electrical ground unit appears as connected but plane does not energyze, someone else with similar behaviour?

Here, some testing:

** Vertical revision locked in PRIMARY and SEC FLT PLAN

Insert any flight plan, perform vertical revision, the 10000 ft 250 kts restriction can not be inserted. High altitude airfield limitations must be made with selected speed.

** No fix info , radius or abeam features implemented

** Ir alignment not matching DdRMI heading

Plane off, external power or apu on, Ir aligment ( fast or complete) , Init page, set dep/dest airport pair, R3 -> ALIGN IRS, check that DDRMI while not aligned should read heading 360, and red flags.
DDRMI, heading always matchs even not aligned.

** ALT flight plan departure sets arrival airport at flight plan

On Init page, set dep / dest / alternate airports
At begining of alternate flight plan, click departures, and choose one.

you will notice that alternate flight plan Destination airport shows ITS arrivals, so alternate departure not posible to sequence, not tested if ENABLE ALTERNATE feature works, but it might...

This issue also occurs in SEC FLIGHT PLAN.

**Erroneous fuel prediction if mcdu not filled in DIFSRIP order

Airbus acronym DIFSRIP is the recomended method for fMGs filling, however INIT, FPLAN, RADiO NAV , PROG, PERF, FUEL PRED & SEC FPLAN, is a standard filling way too in real practice. As soon as Dep, dest pair is inserted a DESTINATION BELOW MINIMUN message appears, even theres enough fuel.

** FM light in MCDUs does not light when MCDU MENU key pressed.

** GA MODE, cant be sequenced with APP MODE in a go around , or when visual circling or visual approach.

Complete any precision or non precision approach in MANAGED/MANAGED or MANAGE / SELECTED MODES, then perform a GO Around, rejected landing or touch and go, FMgS goes into GA mode, but not able to select PREV <PHASE, neither Activate the approach phase.

Best regards,
Adonis

filippoporcari
06-12-2014, 04:01 AM
adonis,
the FIX INFO feature is not present in all MCDUs software on the real plane: only newer soft has it...this was previously discussed and can't remember if JL told he would/wouldn't implement it.

about GA looks strange: i made tons of go arounds also few days ago and i was always able to select approach phase after go around...just to be sure: did u move the thrust levers to CLIMB at GA thrust reduction? this way the autothrust is engaged.

the acronymous suggested by Airbus is DIFRIPS: data, init A, f-plan, radio/nav, init B, perf, sec f-plan.

regards
fil

jeehell
06-12-2014, 05:08 AM
Hi,

@OmniAtlas: are you sure you actually do not have any windshear?

@Adonis:
** Vertical revision locked in PRIMARY and SEC FLT PLAN
I think you refer to the revision directly from the FPLN page? This method is not working yet.
However, if you go into the VERT REV page (click on the RSK abeam the waypoint, the scratchpad being empty), you can there modify the SPD and ALT constraint. I just tested and had no issue at all with that?

** No fix info , radius or abeam features implemented
I will look into that for the near future

** Ir alignment not matching DdRMI heading
I will try to make the flags and 360° hdg soon.

** ALT flight plan departure sets arrival airport at flight plan
I do not understand exactly your issue here? I can enter correctly all segments?
I found one issue related to the ALTN APPR which actually may enter the actual route AFTER the ALTN airport, this will be corrected today hopefully.

**Erroneous fuel prediction if mcdu not filled in DIFSRIP order
This is VNAV issue, very tricky. Working on that constantly, but accurate fuel predictions are really difficult to get.

** FM light in MCDUs does not light when MCDU MENU key pressed.
MCDU lights are not handled yet.

** GA MODE, cant be sequenced with APP MODE in a go around , or when visual circling or visual approach.
While in GO AROUND mode, the PERF page will never show the PREV PHASE prompt, but only ACTIVATE APPR PHASE (followed by CONFIRM APPR PHASE prompt), and NEXT PHASE. Note the NEXT PHASE will not engage the CLB phase, it is just there to review the CLB PERF settings (CI, managed speed).
To switch to another phase, you need to retard the thrust levers to CL detent, then push twice the LSK6 to go back into APPR phase.
If you divert, it should switch to CLIMB phase automatically on ALTN enable.

Regards,
JL

SSO
06-12-2014, 06:43 AM
Edit -- found the problem -- its the 'smooth wind changes' with FSUIPC...it was enabled.

This option has to be DISABLED for optimum performance!

JL -- please add this to your documentation!
Whats the effect of having it enabled??

OmniAtlas
06-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Whats the effect of having it enabled??

You do not get optimum performance with the engines, the aircraft will fail to climb and maintain its altitude/speed.

OmniAtlas
06-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi,

@OmniAtlas: are you sure you actually do not have any windshear?

It is happening very frequently (nearly every other landing), might just be OPUS changing weather when I'm landing...I think I'm about to give up on OPUS and try a different weather program instead.

SSO
06-12-2014, 08:03 AM
You do not get optimum performance with the engines, the aircraft will fail to climb and maintain its altitude/speed.
Because of a windsmooting parameter? That sounds VERY odd. The smoothing is made to give a more realistic movement from zone to zone or to WX updates.
Why does that affect the FMGS behaviour?

SSO
06-12-2014, 08:04 AM
It is happening very frequently (nearly every other landing), might just be OPUS changing weather when I'm landing...I think I'm about to give up on OPUS and try a different weather program instead.
Im using Opus w P3Dv2.2. Works perfectly for me

OmniAtlas
06-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Because of a windsmooting parameter? That sounds VERY odd. The smoothing is made to give a more realistic movement from zone to zone or to WX updates.
Why does that affect the FMGS behaviour?

Hi Stephen, Not too sure why it affects the aircraft dynamics -- you can try turning on the parameters in FSUIPC and see if it has the same detrimental effect.

SSO
06-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Hi Stephen, Not too sure why it affects the aircraft dynamics -- you can try turning on the parameters in FSUIPC and see if it has the same detrimental effect.
Here is my FSUIPC.ini:

[General]UpdatedByVersion=4929
History=K55VG1EKKMMX8Q1LHVN8D
AxesWrongRange=No
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=40
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
ShowMultilineWindow=Yes
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=No
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
InitDelay=0
GetNearestAirports=No
OOMcheck=Yes
WeatherReadFactor=2
WeatherRewriteSeconds=1
CustomWeatherModify=No
SimConnectStallTime=1
InitialStallTime=10
NormalStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
Console=No
InitDelayDevicesToo=No
UseSystemTime=No
UseMidMouseBtn=Yes
MouseWheelMove=No
MouseWheelTrim=No
MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1
JoystickTimeout=20
PollGFTQ6=Yes
BlankDisplays=No
FixControlAccel=No
FixMachSpeedBug=No
DeleteVehiclesForAES=Yes
AutoScanDevices=Yes
VisibilityOptions=No
OneCloudLayer=No
CloudTurbulence=No
CloudIcing=No
GenerateCirrus=No
SuppressCloudTurbulence=No
MaxIce=-4
MinIce=-4
UpperWindGusts=No
SuppressWindTurbulence=No
SuppressWindVariance=No
WindTurbulence=No
TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0
TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40
SuppressAllGusts=No
MaxSurfaceWind=0
WindLimitLevel=200
WindDiscardLevel=400
WindAjustAltitude=No
WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000
SmoothBySimTime=No
WindSmoothing=No
WindSmoothness=2
WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes
PressureSmoothness=0
TemperatureSmoothness=0
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
ThrottleSyncAll=No
WhiteMessages=No
ShowPMcontrols=No
SpoilerIncrement=512
MagicBattery=No
RudderSpikeRemoval=No
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No
AileronSpikeRemoval=No
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
ClockSync=No
ClockSyncMins=5
ClearWeatherDynamics=No
OwnWeatherChanges=No
TimeForSelect=4
LoadFlightMenu=No
LoadPlanMenu=No
PauseAfterCrash=No
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
SaveDataWithFlights=No
ZapSound=firework
ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring
UseProfiles=Yes
EnableMouseLook=No
NewInterceptTextMenu=No
DelayedMouseLookZoom=No
DebugLua=Yes
FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v2",2.2.10437.0
SimConnectUsed=2.2.0.0

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Joystick - HOTAS Warthog
0.GUID={4A90A5A0-5C66-11E3-8002-444553540000}
1=Throttle - HOTAS Warthog
1.GUID={4A90A5A0-5C66-11E3-8003-444553540000}
2=CH PRO PEDALS USB
2.GUID={4A9141E0-5C66-11E3-800A-444553540000}

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes

[Buttons]
ButtonRepeat=20,10
1=P0,1,C65580,0
2=P1,29,K113,8
4=U1,29,K112,8
5=P1,22,C65758,0
6=P1,21,C65759,0
7=P1,13,C66080,0
8=P1,12,C66079,0
9=P1,7,C1010,0
10=P1,6,C1011,0
11=P0,0,C65588,0

[AutoSave]
Next=9
Interval=60
Files=10
SaveOnGround=No
AutoSaveEnabled=Yes
AlsoSave=AutosaveFSUIPC
AlsoInterval=60
1=Sun 212117
2=Sun 212217
3=Sun 212316
4=Sun 212416
5=Sun 212515
6=Sun 212615
7=Sun 212714
8=Sun 212814
9=Sun 211918
10=Sun 212018

[GPSout]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=COM0
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[GPSout2]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=<none set>
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[Sounds]
Path=E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device3=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device4=BenQ PJ-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Device5=Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

[JoystickCalibration]
AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes
ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes
ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes
ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes
SepRevsJetsOnly=No
ApplyHeloTrim=No
UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No
FlapsSetControl=0
FlapDetents=No
ReverserControl=66292
Reverser1Control=66422
Reverser2Control=66425
Reverser3Control=66428
Reverser4Control=66431
MaxThrottleForReverser=256
AileronTrimControl=66731
RudderTrimControl=66732
CowlFlaps1Control=66162
CowlFlaps2Control=66163
CowlFlaps3Control=66164
CowlFlaps4Control=66165
SteeringTillerControl=0
MaxSteerSpeed=60

[Axes]
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=1Z,256,F,66423,0,0,0
1=1R,256,F,66420,0,0,0

[Profile.A320 FMGS - no joysticks]
1=a320 FMGS JH Project Airbus A320-214

[Axes.A320 FMGS - no joysticks]
RangeRepeatRate=10

[Buttons.A320 FMGS - no joysticks]
0=P0,0,C65588,0

adonismartinez
06-13-2014, 03:04 AM
Good day Jeehell.

ECAMs has been great, I have been doing some test while swithcing off and on switches and it behaves well.

My latests tests has been focused in visual circuits, since ILS, RNAV, and non precision approaches works fine. The vertical deviation index is not always accurate.

** visual circuit performance unable to change **

Please follow this steps :

Init -> EGLL/EGLL
FL 50 any ISA Dev / Cost index
Alternate - > EGLL
complete INIT/B ZFW/ZFWCG

FPLAN - > L1 < DEPARTURE -> 27 R , press Right arrow key, Up arrow key until inserting NO SID

L6 > ARRIVAL -> 27R Up arrow key until inserting NO STAR

Fill MCDU upon completing

Preselect FCU altitude to 1500 ft and speed 210 for visual circuit.

Normal takeoff, engage AP1 , turn to downwind track.

The following configuration is required prior commencement of the downwind leg:
•Both AP and FDs will be selected off
•BIRD ON •A/THR confirmed active in speed mode, i.e. SPEED on the FMA. •Managed speed will be used to enable the "GS mini" function
•The downwind track will be selected on the FCU to assist in downwind tracking.
•The downwind track altitude will be set on FCU

Follow steps as described in image.

1) in case of an inmediate return due to a RED ECAM for example, inmediate diversion is required or in the standard procedure for visual circuit it is necesary to select the approach phase. Since plane never reached the CRZ LEVEL, you never get the app phase ready to select, which is incorect because you should activate app phase and plane will decelerate to S speed prior to order "Flaps one ". PERF page remains frozen.

2) while flying the downwind leg, before turning to base leg, in order to sequence flight plan and get the correct vdi, you can use two methods:

from PPoS, leave a discontinuity, then next point is center fix.
Or
Directo to radial-in to Rwy and set rwy track as inbound radial

For some reason, sometimes the vdi appears correctly and sometimes not.

3) upon landing and below 40 knots, an early activation of the preflight phase occurs which leads to CRC warning for incorrect flap setting,

4) ATHR Caution Landing light turns when retarding levers at landing, not happens in real landing.

5) In a Touch and go, after lift off, PERF page remains frozen in Go Around phase.

6) Pitch angle indicator box background is black when it should be transparent, and flight directors bars should be visible.

7) Entry out of range validation not applied for MDA value. You can enter any value at minimus value at APP page.

I'll keep testing and let you know.

Thanks as always for the great software.

Regards
Adonis

9245i

jeehell
06-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Hi Adonis,

Are you sure you use the very latest version (B34 with auto updates) ?
Some of the points you mention should be corrected already??

1)
in case of an inmediate return due to a RED ECAM for example, inmediate diversion is required or in the standard procedure for visual circuit it is necesary to select the approach phase. Since plane never reached the CRZ LEVEL, you never get the app phase ready to select, which is incorect because you should activate app phase and plane will decelerate to S speed prior to order "Flaps one ". PERF page remains frozen.

I always have the ACTIVATE APPR PHASE prompt when in the PERF pages?

2)
while flying the downwind leg, before turning to base leg, in order to sequence flight plan and get the correct vdi, you can use two methods:

from PPoS, leave a discontinuity, then next point is center fix.
Or
Directo to radial-in to Rwy and set rwy track as inbound radial

For some reason, sometimes the vdi appears correctly and sometimes not.
What do you mean by "vdi"? V/DEV indicator?

3)
upon landing and below 40 knots, an early activation of the preflight phase occurs which leads to CRC warning for incorrect flap setting,
I thought this was corrected, I'll check again.

4) ATHR Caution Landing light turns when retarding levers at landing, not happens in real landing.
This should not happen in B34??

5)
In a Touch and go, after lift off, PERF page remains frozen in Go Around phase.
As said in my previous post, the APPR phase will become available only when the GA AROUND activation are no longer in effect, so you will need to put the THR LVR to CL detent to activate the APPR.
Maybe on the Honeywell FMGS (on which you fly I think?) it is a bit different, but on the Thales FMGS the manuals are very clear on that:

The FMGS is designed to switch automatically from APPROACH to GO-AROUND phase when all the following conditions are met:
- A/C in flight,
- slats extended,
- Thrust levers set to TOGA detent And right after lift off on a touch and go, all these conditions are active...

6)
Pitch angle indicator box background is black when it should be transparent, and flight directors bars should be visible.
From all the pictures I could find, the background is black, but indeed the FD bars are shown in front of the background, which should be simulated in B34?

7)
Entry out of range validation not applied for MDA value. You can enter any value at minimus value at APP page.
I'll correct that ASAP, not very difficult

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated from real pilots!

Jean Luc

adonismartinez
06-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Hi Jeehell.

You are welcome! In fact, Im always happy to contribute with this beatiful software.

Im sure it might be, you know sometimes some modules shows "B 3X" but it content might be newer :lol:

Attached please find image for PITCH indication box, you can see those small four points inside .

yes, VDi = V / DEV , sorry for wrong acronym.

Let me make a complete new instalation, keep you in the loop.

Best regards

Adonis

adonismartinez
06-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Image attached.

Jerec
06-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Hello all,

i´ve got an issue, that WPTs are not displayed an ND, all other EFIS-items are displayed at once, but WPTs dont appear, even when another ND is started on Main PC to be sure, its not a network issue. (1Gbit)
Anyone else has the same issue or could tell me a solution. Navdata is newest from Aerosoft and installed in both Navdata-folders on Main and remote-PCs.

Regards Henrik

romeow
06-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Hello Hendrik

I face the same issue when the FMGS modules (all of them on a client) are connected with the server by LAN. When they are linked by WLAN everything works fine. I have no idea why only WPTs are not displayed in LAN while the four other EFIS items are OK ???
Regards
René

romeow
06-15-2014, 11:22 AM
I face the same problem with EXT LT. I'am mostly able to switch the NAV LT and Beacon ON but no way to switch them OFF!
NOSE Taxi doesn't work at all. All fx files are copied to the EFFECT folder of FSX.
Regards
René

I think to have found the reason for this problem. I installed REX4 Texture Direct about two weeks ago. Probably two "wrong" settings caused the troubles. Since I've changed the Texture Resolution (Configuration Settings) of RUNWAYS and TAXIWAYS from 1024 to 4096 all the EXT LT work perfectly again.

Update
After another trial I must say that this "fix" is rubbish! I have to go on testing!

stefangr
06-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Hi,

today on my flight from EDDF to LGAV, on approach to LGAV I tried to change the arrival runway since ATC gave me a different one than expected. At that time the FMGS server application crashed. I restarted it manually, but I did not get any connection to the FMGS client applications (all in red).

I needed to stop and restart the complete starter on both server and client PC to make it work again. The system was cold and dark again, fortunately I was at arround 8000ft above ground, so it was enough time to restart APU and engines and recover everything. The landing was successful in the end.

I remember that there was a function introduced for an automatic backup and recovery when something crashes. It looks like this did not work for me in this constellation. Is there anything I made wrong? When does the recovery take effect?

Thanks
Stefan

romeow
06-16-2014, 07:28 AM
To all users who face problems with EXT LT (NAV, Beacon and Taxi)

I hope to have found a running workaround this time. Probably the problem itself can only be fixed by JH.

- Start FSX
- Start FMGS
- Shut down FSX again, but leave FMGS active
- Restart FSX

This workaround has been successfully tested on my PC but I have no long-term experience ;)

Update I
Workaround still OK but with it I've got problems with my Overhead running with SIOC. Unfortunately an eighter/or Problem.

Update II
As soon as I start SIOC after normal start of FSX
- I can turn on the NAV light but then they are blocked.
- Beacon Lights don't work at all.
- Taxi LT is not available anymore

At the moment I really don't know what to do next :(
Regards
René

Update III
Problems probably solved but I need another test tomorrow.
I added some new command lines concerning NAV, Taxi and Beacon Lights to my SIOC script.

adonismartinez
06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Good day Jeehell

well you were right, I updated the entire application an a issues were gone. :D

The flight model is more accurate like in the real plane, after take off you can release sidestick and that "heavy" nose straight feeling is there, congrats on that achievement.

After landing issue regarding the master warning is gone too, but he Ecam Memo for landing stays there, I had it up to the gate.

Also I made a supplementary procedure for the single engine taxi, and it went fine, just one thing after shuting down engine one at gate and apu on, you got a single chime at engine shut down.

The V/DEV is a visual circuit is very accurate, I will perfom some testing on FPV to replace ILS and keep you posted.

Regards.
Adonis

adonismartinez
06-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Good day Jeehell

as always some testing . . .

Today I selected low altitude airfields vs high altitude arifields to see how constraints behave.

Flight from SEGU (26ft) to SECU (8340ft) distance 104 miles and viceversa.

v2 value appears in FCU as soon as its entered in MCDU, unless expected by ATC the speed indication should be --- for a managed mode and let the SRS mode come on, when I push for managed speed the climb preselected speed should come , but it returns to V2

After take off at SEGU, while climbing, the altitude indicator became yellow while flying below SECU minimums (9100 ft ) in climb mode, tricky tricky.

When reaching acceleration altitude, CLIMB mode becomes active however the plane does not follow FD orders , to pitch nose down.

This flight is a bit tricky only 100 miles, and the ILS xx message appears at 250 miles from destination, in this case the ILs message never appeared.

Decel message not displayed upon reaching top of descent.

Direct to with abeam point feature, draws the direct route in ND, when clicking ABEAM PTS the route remains unchanged.

This might be like eye candy but it would be great having mode change and range change messages in ND, this would make ND presentation even more realistic.

As always thanks a lot for your great software, I hope I wont become a pain in butt for this exahustive research.

best regards

Adonis

jeehell
06-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Hi Adonis,

Not a PITA yet ;-) however just do not expect to have everything solved by tomorrow ;-)

Regarding some of your points:

v2 value appears in FCU as soon as its entered in MCDU, unless expected by ATC the speed indication should be --- for a managed mode and let the SRS mode come on, when I push for managed speed the climb preselected speed should come , but it returns to V2
I never had any issue with the V2. Can you give some more details on what you entered exactly in the MCDU (only V2 in TO PERF page, or also PRESEL in the CLB PERF page, what mode used on the FCU)

After take off at SEGU, while climbing, the altitude indicator became yellow while flying below SECU minimums (9100 ft ) in climb mode, tricky tricky.
What was the selected FCU altitude? Was it the altitude alert or the destination minimum alerting system?

When reaching acceleration altitude, CLIMB mode becomes active however the plane does not follow FD orders , to pitch nose down.
What were the FCU ALT, THR RED ALT and ACC ALT?

This flight is a bit tricky only 100 miles, and the ILS xx message appears at 250 miles from destination, in this case the ILs message never appeared.
I'll have to give it a go, this looks like a fun flight :-)

Decel message not displayed upon reaching top of descent.
Vertical FPLN management is the next huge undertaking. I hope to start this summer...

Direct to with abeam point feature, draws the direct route in ND, when clicking ABEAM PTS the route remains unchanged.
I may have broken this feature lately

This might be like eye candy but it would be great having mode change and range change messages in ND, this would make ND presentation even more realistic.

Already thought about it too. Any idea on the real timings?

Regards,
JL

adonismartinez
06-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Hi Adonis,

Not a PITA yet ;-) however just do not expect to have everything solved by tomorrow ;-)

Regarding some of your points:

I never had any issue with the V2. Can you give some more details on what you entered exactly in the MCDU (only V2 in TO PERF page, or also PRESEL in the CLB PERF page, what mode used on the FCU)

@@@@@@ Speeds were 131 / /136 // 141
my climb preselected speed was green dot + 10 which was 208

After lift off plane goes into SRS mode looking for v2 , then at acc alt the Climb preselected should appear on top of speed scale in blue, and plane will look for that speed.

What was the selected FCU altitude? Was it the altitude alert or the destination minimum alerting system?

9100 ft ASL

What were the FCU ALT, THR RED ALT and ACC ALT?

In the high altitude airfield they were 12500/12500 11000

I'll have to give it a go, this looks like a fun flight :-)

Vertical FPLN management is the next huge undertaking. I hope to start this summer...

Totally understand I thing its a complete challenge to model it.

I may have broken this feature lately

Already thought about it too. Any idea on the real timings?

You can find it here : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=794ZrSoZzQc
Regards,
JL

Hi Jeehell

Please find answers in bold.
Also a pair of videos between real plane and sim.

Best regards

Adonis

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5snYFFp3ouc

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_H4YU9ZEQ

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x4-USkvz7-M

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1B2-Pwh9bkM

Space
06-20-2014, 05:52 AM
Hi Jl and Guys,
first: A big thank you for your new update and hard working! It´s so awesome what you do!
Also thanks Tom for your Files for Topcat! ;)
I got a small issue with the sound.
I didn´t hear the engines working or something like a rolling sound or flaps movment. I hear only the sounds for signs, mm, hydraulic (when you start the engines)
I look in to the soundfoulder from the jeehell Aircraft in the FSX/simobjects but there are no soundfiles. O.o Is this normaly?
I had made a fresh installation from your software.
Any idea how can i fix this?

King Regards
Florian

P.S.: Some time ago i didn´t hear the "reatard, retard" Callouts, too?!?! :O

I cant here also no ENG and outside sounds.
SimObjects\Airplanes\A32_CFM56_sound folder is full of sounds.
What did i wrong?

romeow
06-20-2014, 06:46 AM
1) Have you got the subfolder Airbus_A321 in folder AIRPLANES?
2) If yes, open it and you should find the subfolder \Sound
3) There you should find a lot of wav files among them engine sounds as well.
4) If that is the case go to \A320 FMGS JH Project Airbus A320-214\Sound
5) Open sound.cfg and remove the semicolon at the beginning of the line alias=Airbus_A321\sound

Regards
René

Space
06-20-2014, 07:11 AM
5) Open sound.cfg and remove the semicolon at the beginning of the line alias=Airbus_A321\sound

Regards
René

You are right!
But i am not allowed to safe the new setting, WIN says?

romeow
06-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Probably a question of rights. Try to do it with administrator rights.

Space
06-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Probably a question of rights. Try to do it with administrator rights.

But how? 1st time that i have that problem.

OmniAtlas
06-20-2014, 09:51 PM
But how? 1st time that i have that problem.

Have you downloaded the sound files? You can find them at http://fmgs.co.nr/ under the resource section.

AUA171
06-23-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi JH!

Just downloaded the new updates for B34. In SIOC_Creator I saw now you included the red arrow for the landing gear lever.
But the SIOC Compiler generating an error message due to a code mismach:

Var 554, name LDGredARR, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 12, Input 75

IOCARD_OUT must have "Output" instead of "Input" value.

--> Var 554, name LDGredARR, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 12, Output 75

It is already wrong in the input mask within SIOC_Creator where it asks for Input Number!
Next strange thing is that I'm entering 96 but this will be changed to 75 after pressing "Apply Configuration". Also in SIOC error log it shows 75!

br
Christian

OmniAtlas
06-24-2014, 09:56 AM
High winds around the sydney area today (>50 knots)
Had real trouble dropping my speed, and for some reason autopilot did not respond to manual mode.

Had to resort to turning of A/T to land the aircraft - anyone have this problem before?

adonismartinez
06-24-2014, 07:25 PM
High winds around the sydney area today (>50 knots)
Had real trouble dropping my speed, and for some reason autopilot did not respond to manual mode.

Had to resort to turning of A/T to land the aircraft - anyone have this problem before?

Hi Omniatlas.

in fact A320 xwind component is 38 kt beyond that limit plane and autopilot are not certified.

you did the correct thing when disconecting athr in severe turbulence, try the associated procedure and see it things are better.

Best regards
Adonis

adonismartinez
06-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Good day Jeehell

Performed a standard flight some things to check:

As soon as plane is energized, EGT temp reads negative value, lowest value should be above 100 degrees

After landing , the mcdu page should be DATA .>> A/C STATUS

Due to several reasons, may it be performance mainly there are some things that can be aplicable to high alt airfields, such as terrain proximity and in the need to gain altitude in mountanuos areas high thrust reduction acceleration altitudes are required. In my particular test case, at SECU (airfiled alt 8340 ft ) high mountains at surroundings, the THR RED /ACC is 12500/12500 and ENG OUT ACC is 11000 , it is not posible to set a higher altitude than 1250 ft which results in lower altitude than the airfield, so climb mode never armed, only open climb when pulling fcu knob.

anyone has tested high altitude airfields and is facing a similar problem..?

Regards

Adonis

OmniAtlas
06-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi Omniatlas.

in fact A320 xwind component is 38 kt beyond that limit plane and autopilot are not certified.

you did the correct thing when disconecting athr in severe turbulence, try the associated procedure and see it things are better.

Best regards
Adonis

Hi -- thank you Adonis; it really makes it difficult to fly the aircraft without proper throttles (using the emulated software controls for now) with A/Thr disconnect.

When would be the right time to disconnect A/Thr at high wind speeds -- when you begin your descent phase/ flaps 1?

Thank you for your expertise.

Regards,

Ben

OmniAtlas
06-25-2014, 12:35 AM
PS -- anyone know if the LCD's on the real airbus is matt or glossy? http://www.tested.com/tech/238-glossy-vs-matte-lcds-the-great-display-debate/

Seems, the A380 is all glossy

filippoporcari
06-25-2014, 03:13 AM
ben, adonis is talking about 2 different things:
SEVERE TURBULENCE procedure ( QRH, abnormal procedures and of course FCOM abnormal procedures) requiring the PF to disconnect auto thrust, following the severe turb proc applying to any phase of flight not only approach.
STRONG CROSSWIND at landing: as well explained by adonis the 320 is certified for a 38kt max cross wind for landing (don't remember the max cross wind for autoland) meaning that if u have a cross wind component above 38kt u simply CANNOT and SHOULD NOT land :-) but diverge to an alternate or ask for a different rwy if available. the strong crosswind operations if not associated with severe turbulence does not prescribe to switch the auto thrust off.
all the best
fil

jeehell
06-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Hi,

@Christian: I will try to correct that ASAP.

@Adonis: I will try a few legs with high altitudes airport this week.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
06-26-2014, 12:13 AM
ben, adonis is talking about 2 different things:
SEVERE TURBULENCE procedure ( QRH, abnormal procedures and of course FCOM abnormal procedures) requiring the PF to disconnect auto thrust, following the severe turb proc applying to any phase of flight not only approach.
STRONG CROSSWIND at landing: as well explained by adonis the 320 is certified for a 38kt max cross wind for landing (don't remember the max cross wind for autoland) meaning that if u have a cross wind component above 38kt u simply CANNOT and SHOULD NOT land :-) but diverge to an alternate or ask for a different rwy if available. the strong crosswind operations if not associated with severe turbulence does not prescribe to switch the auto thrust off.
all the best
fil

Ah thank you fil, i will look up those references. It is always a challenge to land in a crosswind -- I heard the A320 is not as 'sensitive' as a 737?

jeehell
06-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Hi all,

There were some bugs corrected lately, here a full package for those who prefer a complete installation:

http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B34.1.exe (http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B34.1.exe)

Regards,
JL

jeehell
06-27-2014, 02:35 PM
Adonis, I tried a departure from SECU.
There is a bug in the MCDU display: it will truncate the last digit for THR RED above 10000ft, so your THR RED of 12500ft shows up as 1250/12500. However, the actual THR RED taken into account to trigger the LVR CLB is correct, I did not have any issue there.

I'll make a quick fix in a few minutes to correct that display bug...

Regards
JL

OmniAtlas
06-27-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks JL -- website updated, the URL it can now be reached at is -- http://flightsystem.wix.com/airbus

OmniAtlas
06-27-2014, 11:32 PM
For some reasons I can't be in managed mode with the FCU...I think I may have configured my sidesticks incorrectly.

Pressing the autopilot disconnect on the sidestick I get Priority right sound...wrong assignment?

Right now it is CPT_APTO -- anyone know the correct assignment for A/P disconnect? (I know I asked this question before, but I forgot! My apologies). Should this even be assigned as a 'push' or 'toggle' event?

Thank you.

Space
06-28-2014, 11:14 AM

Regards
René

done, but nothing Happens, it is still quite....

Jerec
07-01-2014, 03:01 AM
Hi JL,

after doing some flights with new version i mentioned some smaller issues:

- Voice callouts from radaraltimeter (2500ft) and other cockpitsounds sometimes do not appear, when sound on network machine.
- EFIS items produce heavy impact to machine, so TERR isnt further displayed and ND is stocking (machine is i7 with 3.5GHz)
- Do you have any plans for reimplementing CO ROUTE?

Regards Henrik

OmniAtlas
07-01-2014, 11:07 AM
For some reasons I can't be in managed mode with the FCU...I think I may have configured my sidesticks incorrectly.

Pressing the autopilot disconnect on the sidestick I get Priority right sound...wrong assignment?

Right now it is CPT_APTO -- anyone know the correct assignment for A/P disconnect? (I know I asked this question before, but I forgot! My apologies). Should this even be assigned as a 'push' or 'toggle' event?

Thank you.

Well, managed to fix the FCU problem by also programming the release button to CPT_APTO.
So it seems with the new joystick logic, if you do not program a release, the button will just hold indefinitely.

jeehell
07-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi Henrik,

I do not know why the sounds sometimes do not play on a remote computer. I need to do more investigations.

As for the ND slowing down with the EFIS items, this has nothing to do with your computer, only network communications. I will redesign the networking soon, I just need some time to do it.

The CO RTE will be back when it'll be back. No ETA.

Regards
JL

SSO
07-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Jean Luc,

I had an issue with the EKBI ABINO4A departure. The criteria is linked to the DME coupled with the Localizer (LEL) or altitude (whichever is latest).
See attached image, text, and FMGS calculation of it.

I have run an autoupdate earlier tonight.
Had 4 AMAZING flights tonight by the way. What a feeling... :cool:

/Stephen

adonismartinez
07-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi Jeehell

Today windshear ghost visited me, :roll: I got the Windshear message in PFD but aural alert is silent only at takeoffs.

During approach phases it sounds and behaves normal.

Some else with similar issue?

Regards
Adonis

adonismartinez
07-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Hi Onmiatlas

Airbus stated in older golder rules :When things dont go as expected, take controls.

So as soon as high speed variations occurs in speed trend windshear might be present, and you can apply the windshear memory item. However when variations are related to turbulence, it is up to you when to disconnect ATHR.

Best regards
Adonis

OmniAtlas
07-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Cheers, I prefer handling the aircraft manually (just difficult without throttles, so A/THR remains on);

I try and disengage usually at the fixed approach point.

Jerec
07-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Good morning together,

since the last update i mentioned a good old known issue: Flaps sounds do not end after travelling and keeping started , so that a bouncing sound can be heard. Has someone else the same issue or does anyone know a solution?

Regards Henrik

stefangr
07-06-2014, 05:37 AM
Hi JL,

the header on the MCDU "home page" used to be taken from the title of the aircraft.cfg. Now it says "A320-200" permanently, no matter which livery I have selected in FS. Has this been changed recently so that the title is no longer taken?

Thanks
Stefan

adonismartinez
07-07-2014, 12:11 AM
HI Jeehell and Totom

Just downloaded b 34.1 and the mentioned issues are gone, well done! thanks for your support and compromise.

Today testing includeds suplementary procedure for engine start with external pneumatic power then Cross bleed engine start.

For some reason engine bleed for engine number two never appeared as a positive value, always remained zero, after starting apu and bleed, engine number two started.

Just in case, if someone can test the procedure below please let us know results.:roll:

Bets regards

Adonis

ENGINE START WITH EXTERNAL PNEUMATIC POWER
 Before connecting external pneumatic power :
PACKS 1 and 2........................................... OFF
(To prevent pack contamination).
 Before start :
APU BLEED................................................ OFF
ENG BLEED (both engines) ....................... OFF
X BLEED.................................................. OPEN
 Cleared to start :
Start Engine 2 first.
Note: As necessary, Engine 1 can also be started by using the external pneumatic power. If
Engine 1 is started first, check the brake ACCU pressure prior to engine start.
Use the normal engine start procedure.
The minimum recommended starter air supply pressure is 30 PSI, when the start valve is open.

Remove external pneumatic power unit. ( ground unit in Add ons menu)
X BLEED................................................. AUTO
ENG BLEED (Both engines) ........................ON
PACKS 1 and 2............................................ON

 If the crossbleed engine start procedure is used for Engine 1 :
Request the removal of external pneumatic power unit
PACKS 1 and 2............................................ON

CROSSBLEED ENGINE START

 Before start :
APU BLEED................................................. OFF.
ENG BLEED (running engine)................. check ON
ENG BLEED (receiving engine).......................OFF
The bleed valve of engine to be started is closed to eliminate reverse flow leakage.
X BLEED................................................... OPEN

 Cleared to start :

Adjust thrust of supplying engine to obtain 30 PSI at start air valve before start initiation and at least 25 PSI during start.
Do not exceed 80 % N2 to limit jet wake.
Apply the normal engine start procedure.

 After start :
THRUST
ENG BLEED (receiving engine)............................................................... ON
PACKS...........................................................................................Check ON

jeehell
07-07-2014, 04:50 AM
Hi

@Henrik: best is to delete the flaps sounds as I don't think they can be heard from the cockpit anyway...
This has to be that way otherwise there is no possibility to have separate flaps/slats control.

@Stefan: this has changed. Now you have to modify it in the FMGSServer/PERF/PA320/aircraft.INI file

@Adonis: I'll check that when I'm back from holiday.

Regards,
JL

stefangr
07-08-2014, 04:21 AM
The line is
StatusTitle=A320-214

This is what usually shows up there, you don't get the aircraft registration ID...

Regards
JL

jeehell
07-09-2014, 03:11 AM
Oops sorry Stefan it seems I edited your post instead of creating a new one....

stefangr
07-09-2014, 03:34 AM
Oops sorry Stefan it seems I edited your post instead of creating a new one....

Hi JL,

no problem :-) The line StatusTitle=xxx is working fine, thanks.

Stefan

stefangr
07-09-2014, 03:45 AM
Hi JL,

in my configuration I have one server PC (FS + JL Server) and one client PC (all JL displays). When I use the starter.exe on the client PC I often have the problem that the opening of all applications stucks somewhere in the middle. For example the FO MCDU is opening up, but not moving to the right place and no further applications are started any more.

I am then closing down the starter on the client PC including all applications, restarting it, and sometimes I need 5 tries until the starter is running through the end, opening all apps and connecting them to the client.

I think it might have something to do with the CPU performance. When the starter runs and opens up the applications, the task manager reports 100% CPU usage. When being in flight later, it only uses about 50-60%. Maybe it would help if the applications are not started up in that fast sequence? Maybe one could have another parameter in the starter.ini to set a pause in seconds before the next application is being started.

Thanks
Stefan

OmniAtlas
07-09-2014, 10:55 PM
I think a simple batch file could also be written to delay the next program start.

Did you check the save window position on the display modules?

Regards,
Ben

stefangr
07-10-2014, 02:42 AM
I think a simple batch file could also be written to delay the next program start.

Did you check the save window position on the display modules?

Regards,
Ben

Yes, of course the window position is saved, and they are positioned fine if all runs through until the end. But often it stucks.

Regards
Stefan

adonismartinez
07-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Good day Jeehell.

Version B34 , works great, specially some mcdu enhancements.

Indeed two things I found with the PTU:

1) A soon as engine two is started (keeping engine one off for a pair of minutes) I can hear the ptu several times:, a pair of thing to consider:

a) The PTU logic is : inhibited during the first engine start and automatically tested during the second engine start. we should hear it only once at start up

b)The power transfer unit came into action automatically when the differential pressure between the green and the yellow systems is greater than 500 PS, but the ptu is not holding the pressure in one of the systems. It is shutting off as soon as pressure equalizes, when presure drops ptu starts again, and this continues intermitently, PTU is supposed to hold pressure, the same thing happened in flight by shutting down one engine driven pump. Also the ecam related memo, showed a dual hydraulic failure...

The PTU therefore allows the green system to be pressurized on the ground when the engines are
stopped with yellow electrical pump on, so in FCTLs page you should be able to move control surfaces, not sure if it actually happens.

Also in flight a single hydraulic failure brings plane into alternate law.... Alternate laws occurs at a double failure of any system

Thanks agains for your assistance, I hope this can be helpful

Best regards.
Adonis

dodiano
07-10-2014, 06:43 PM
A single Hydraulic failure does not bring the plane to alternate law. Your statements of the PTU are not correct.

regards

Roberto

adonismartinez
07-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Hi Dodiano

Im refering to Jeehells software, thats what happened in my tests flights

In real life nor any single failure will degrade AP modes, dual failures will.

Regards

Adonis

OmniAtlas
07-13-2014, 10:21 PM
The PTU is inhibited when:

Ø First engine is being started. This is identified as when the nosewheel steering disconnect pin is in and only one ENG MASTER switch is ON. (PTU operation is tested on second engine start)

Ø Cargo doors are operated (Yellow electric normally powers cargo doors, this prevents draining low output of electric pump or accidentally powering Green Hydraulic)

Ø Parking brake is ON and only one ENG MASTER switch is ON

Ø PTU pb is off

Note: If a cargo door is operated and then the 2nd engine is started within 40 seconds a PTU fault message may be given (due to inhibition during test period).

adonismartinez
07-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Good day Ominiatlas.

Great, you got very accurate things. Also PTU inhibition at start up is designed to not interfere with single-engine-taxi out-procedures.

Best Regards

Adonis

OmniAtlas
07-17-2014, 02:31 AM
Hi Adonis, the reference was from the training notes by Eric Parks.

How often do you guys do single-engine taxis out?

I remember sitting in the body (mid fusalage) of an airasia A330 and while taxxing you would hear all these clunking -- had to reassure my wife there was nothing wrong with the aircraft :)

Airasia just bought 50 A330 neos!

adonismartinez
07-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Hi OminiAtlas.

Glad to know to have good information at hand. :p

Well the single engine taxi procedure is pretty common on behalf to save life hours to an engine thus reducing maintenance costs also fuel consumption.

Except in some operational conditions, such as uphill slopes, slippery taxiways (snow or rain), or high gross weight,it may be advisable to taxi on one engine. The flight crew must exercise caution when taxiing on one
engine to avoid generating excessive jet blast, you should never exceed more than 40% N1.

Also that clunking sound for sure was the PTU, presurizing the yellow system and making sure there is noseweel steering.

Nice to hear that from Airasia, unfortunately a bad year to Malaysia airlines.

I have just made a great flight with beta 34.2 , new impresions will be posted soon.

Best regards.
Adonis

Miatanet
07-24-2014, 06:47 AM
Hi all. I have some issues with the hardwareconnect.exe. Always when in final approach the .exe crashes and my hardware (Skalarki) is not recongnized anymore, so i have to restart the .exe. Does someone have the same issue, i am running the lastest update on all pc's.

best regrads
stefan

filippoporcari
07-24-2014, 01:43 PM
hi stefan,
i'm actually away from home for a long time so no way to update and try.
BTW, when having troubles with hardwareconnect best is to contact directly marcin and report so he can try reproducing it: did u report this on its forum or directly to him?
all the best
fil

SSO
07-25-2014, 02:18 AM
Stefan,

Ran my new Skalarki FCU+EFIS yesterday, and worked perfect on an EKCH-EGKK flight.
I have needed a couple of start stop of the Skalarki profiler at the beginning of the session, but I think that comes down to finding the right sequence to start everything in...

Miatanet
07-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Stefan,

Ran my new Skalarki FCU+EFIS yesterday, and worked perfect on an EKCH-EGKK flight.
I have needed a couple of start stop of the Skalarki profiler at the beginning of the session, but I think that comes down to finding the right sequence to start everything in...

Hi Stephen
thank you for your feedback. Tried yesterday different ways of starting the apps, and even on ground I have the crashes. Posted now at Marcins hp. Will go on holiday the next two weeks, so it may be solved when i am back��.
br
stefan

stefangr
07-25-2014, 05:14 AM
Hi,

it looks as if these hardware connect crashes have been nearly gone on my system. Half a year ago it was also very bad, had crashes of hardware connect on nearly every flight. Marcin asked me to send him a log file which is located in subfolder "hardware modules". You need to save this log file before manually restarting hardware connect, otherwise it will be overwritten. Maybe you can produce one and send it to Marcin if you have not done yet?

Regards
Stefan

Miatanet
07-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Hi Stefan
good to know, I may go down stairs for the last flight before taking off to LEPA tomorrow morning :-)9371

Best regards
Stefan

adonismartinez
07-29-2014, 05:48 PM
Hi guys.

im using Skalarki and the best way I found to have it running smootly is like a exterior walk around in the Airbus.

First: make sure everything is connected. go to windows device manager, and make sure everything appears as connected.

Second: open skalarki profiler, make sure to stop any running profile.

Third: perfom an IO Test, randomly choose inputs and outputs , and see how your pedestal , fcu, mcdu and overhead lights on, then close the iO test tool. if you find any problem at this point it is better to restart computer and repeat three steps again. This is the most important step at all, for some reason sometimes usb ports holds small current charges and this affects IO cards. Also make sure you are not using any front usb ports from your PC they use a different voltage setting.

Fourth : run FSx or Prep3D, choose your flight and run it.

Fifth: run starter, make sure everything in your client computers is running too.

Sixth: skalarki profiler is listening for running applications. run your profile when everything is green.

This process takes about six minutes but helps improving stability as I said before its like a walk around, you never know what can be wrong.

Regards
Adonis

adonismartinez
07-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Good day Jeehell.

A few points in the test, I have compared and discused them with a few fellows buddies and this is what we found:

The flight by wire protections works excellent, I made a flight test and disconnected elacs and secs and plane can even make a barrel roll. the red baron can feel jealous at this point ;)

The logic for ELACs just needs a pinpoint: remember to make plane return to 33 degrees as soon as sidestick pressure is released between 67 and 33 degrees on roll angle

Pitch controls are still too heavy. It is not possible to make a nice landing

-Climb. -

Pitch control, requieres a bit of tunning. SRS is searching for about 15 degrees pitch up attitude. , While in climb, after passing acceleration altitude, plane noses down around three to five degrees as expected in order to gain speed with same engine power.

Then planes accelerates towards F speed, but pitch control is not accurate, you can see negative vertical speed values in order to gain speed. My recomendation is to lower nose about three degrees and keep that pitch, plane will gain speed and altitutude at a lower rate, and the most important the climb rate will be positive. .... negative vertical speeds has generated TERRAIN TERRAIN alerts.

The Alt mode changes are not modeled while in SRS. It is possible to change to CLIMB or OPEN CLIMB due to ATC requests , but unable in a standard takeoff with jeehells.

Regards.

Adonis

OmniAtlas
07-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Thank you for your tips Adonis, unfortunately not running much hardware for now (hope to add some skalarki, and flybycockpits in a few weeks/months).

What is your home setup like? Regards.

Ben

OmniAtlas
07-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Hi JL -- is the following modeled?

Speedbrakes and Ground SpoilersGreen SPD BRK memo on ECAM when speedbrakes extended. Flashes amber when thrust is applied with speedbrake extended.

Ground Spoilers extend automatically:

Partial Extension – On landing –
Reverse selected on at least one engine with other at or near idle –and– one main landing gear strut compressed

Full Extension – On landing or on takeoff above 72 kts. (rejected takeoff) –
Both thrust levers at idle (spoilers armed) –or–
Reverse thrust selected on at least one engine with other at idle (spoilers not armed) and both mains compressed.

---

Is it difficult to program a 'partial' speedbrakes vs 'full' extension with the logic described above? Thank you.

Jerec
07-30-2014, 01:47 AM
Hello all,

regarding to Skalarki, i have from time to time issues with hardwareconnect crashing, mostly at end of flight on final. I will check with the advices from Adonis again and will see, if the problems vanish.
Sometimes i have the problem, if reversethrust is set back to idle the reaction from FMGS comes after 10-40 sec (differs every time), even if inputs are repeated. I thought, the inputcommands were lost, but after some time i can see on EWD that system is now reacting to all commands. (FMGS is performing repeated REV->IDLE->Thrust->IDLE->etc.) Anyone has similar issues?
I will point that to Marcin from Skalarki too, maybe he has a solution for it.

Regards Henrik

filippoporcari
07-30-2014, 04:23 AM
i'm running ALL and ONLY skalarki hardware for 1 year now (FCU, GLARE, MIP, 2xMCDUs, PEDESTAL and OVERHEAD)...from my experience really few hardware connect crashes...became quite no crashes at all in the few months.
i programmed FSUIPC to run FMGS when fsx fully loaded (run, ready) after that it launches skalarki profiler with my profile defaulted...no other tricks.
important as adonis advised is to periodically check if all devices are recognized & connected in windows.
critical for all cockpit builders to uncheck in windows power saving options to let system deactivate usb ports power.

even if i'm not a real pilot i often fly with real 320 pilots in my sim and all confirmed adonis feedback about sidestick pitch input: they are too heavy...pitch input should be more "sensitive"...i had that idea by myself but happy to have it confirmed by real pilots.
just my 2 cents
fil

jeehell
07-31-2014, 09:26 AM
Hi JL -- is the following modeled?

Speedbrakes and Ground Spoilers

Green SPD BRK memo on ECAM when speedbrakes extended. Flashes amber when thrust is applied with speedbrake extended.

Ground Spoilers extend automatically:

Partial Extension – On landing –
Reverse selected on at least one engine with other at or near idle –and– one main landing gear strut compressed

Full Extension – On landing or on takeoff above 72 kts. (rejected takeoff) –
Both thrust levers at idle (spoilers armed) –or–
Reverse thrust selected on at least one engine with other at idle (spoilers not armed) and both mains compressed.

---

Is it difficult to program a 'partial' speedbrakes vs 'full' extension with the logic described above? Thank you.
Hi Ben,

Unfortunately as far as I know it is not possible to detect situations where only one landing gear strut is compressed...

JL

jeehell
08-02-2014, 12:15 PM
Thread closed, new version available here:
http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28295