PDA

View Full Version : Throttle not working

argileh
04-26-2014, 01:48 AM
No matter what I do, I can not seem to get the throttle to push the engines.

I tried with a Saitek throttle and then a Logitech joystick. I followed the calibration steps precisely. I also deactivated it from FSX. The elevators and ailerons do work, but not the throttle.

Am I missing something. Help appreciated.

Regards

OmniAtlas
04-26-2014, 04:34 AM
Make sure you have adequate dead space between each detent or it may not work.

argileh
04-26-2014, 02:24 PM
Make sure you have adequate dead space between each detent or it may not work.

There is enough space between the detents. I follow exactly the calibration steps for the throttle (including about 2% error).

What I do is after I start the APU and then start both engines, I switch on the fuel pumps and then push the throttle but nothing happens. Could it be that I am missing some steps in the start up procedure and hence the engines are not allowed to be powered beyond idle.

jeehell
04-26-2014, 04:00 PM
Do you have AP/FBW running?

OmniAtlas
04-26-2014, 07:46 PM
Which airbus model file are you using? make sure you use the one provided by jeehell.

argileh
04-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Do you have AP/FBW running?

AP/FBW are not running. The only thing I do after the engines start is switching the fuel pumps on.

argileh
04-27-2014, 12:03 AM
Which airbus model file are you using? make sure you use the one provided by jeehell.

It is the JH A320

OmniAtlas
04-27-2014, 01:55 AM
You need to run the fbw external program.

argileh
04-27-2014, 02:13 AM
You need to run the fbw external program.

Thanks. Can you elaborate a bit. Is the FBW within the JHware.

OmniAtlas
04-27-2014, 03:33 AM
Thanks. Can you elaborate a bit. Is the FBW within the JHware.

You need to run AP.FBW.exe in the FMGS Server\ folder.

argileh
04-27-2014, 07:08 AM

OK, thanks. Will try it when I get home.

argileh
04-27-2014, 11:41 AM

So I checked AP/FBW. Actually it is launched automatically with the others (when I launch starterfsx).

AP/FBW window shows it is connected to FMGS server. In the drop down, it has PA320.

As I mentioned earlier, all the other controllers (yoke and flaps lever) work. It's only the throttle lever.

jeehell
04-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Then you probably did something wrong in the calibration. Without more info/pictures it's hard to tell...

argileh
04-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Then you probably did something wrong in the calibration. Without more info/pictures it's hard to tell...

Look, will try to post some additional info.

OmniAtlas
04-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Make sure your joystick is not configured under FSUIPC or there might be a conflict.

Otherwise, I do not know why it does not work for you. Did you follow the user guide pdf?

argileh
04-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Make sure your joystick is not configured under FSUIPC or there might be a conflict.

Otherwise, I do not know why it does not work for you. Did you follow the user guide pdf?

I have not used FSUIPC at all (neither downloaded it).

Here is exactly how I calibrate the throttle lever:

- I launch FMGS_Config
- Two windows open. The smaller reads "Complex THR LVR Joystics". This window did not show up when I first installed JH. I ignore this window.
- the other bigger window "Configure Controls" is the one shown in the User Guide. It's the one I use to calibrate the lever.
- I click in the area next to "THR LVR 1" and then physically move the throttle lever. The following appears "Saitek PLC Z-Axis"
- from the drop down menu, I select "Both"
- I click on "TOGA", then slide the lever up until the readings in both boxes shows "0". This corresponds to the 75 mark on the Saitek
- I put 1000 in the box "Error around detent" . I click "Set"
- I then click on "FLX/MCT", then slide the lever down to the 50 mark on the throttle. The detent reading is approximately 15500
- 1000 for "Error around detent", then click set
- I repeat the same for CL and IDLE.
- once finished, I click the "Save Controls Configuration" and close the window

Trust this should be a good description.

Any clues. Thanks

jeehell
04-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Looks good except:

- I repeat the same for CL and IDLE.

What about REV IDLE and MAX REV? those MUST be calibrated as well.

argileh
04-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Looks good except:

What about REV IDLE and MAX REV? those MUST be calibrated as well.

i tried calibrating REV IDLE and MAX REV. The thing is maximum detent reading is 65535, this is the one I choose for IDLE. When I click REV IDLE and then move the lever further down, the reading stays at 65535, so I skip this part.

is this where I might be going wrong

jeehell
04-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Again, all detents MUST be calibrated. You would not drive a car without a reverse gear? same goes here...

tote_320
04-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Yeah, you should put 65535 as max reverse. And start from there.

argileh
04-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Again, all detents MUST be calibrated. You would not drive a car without a reverse gear? same goes here...

Thank you, I missed that.

Anyway, I have now calibrated all detents, with reading from 65535 to 0. With this, the engine reacts to lever moving, but it appears the engine reacts only when the lever is at the detent position, meaning that thrust does not increase (or decrease) while the lever is in transition from one detent to the next. Is this how it should be.

jeehell
04-29-2014, 02:04 PM
No you should be able to set any N1 in the THR LVR range. On the EWD, on the N1 gauges, you can see a little circle which shows the THR LVR position. If it does not move except when reaching a detent, you probably missed again something in the calibration process...

argileh
04-29-2014, 02:20 PM
No you should be able to set any N1 in the THR LVR range. On the EWD, on the N1 gauges, you can see a little circle which shows the THR LVR position. If it does not move except when reaching a detent, you probably missed again something in the calibration process...

this is exactly what's happening, the circle jumps from one position to the other corresponding to the detents. It does not move along the path between the positions.

i will try to fine tune the Error amounts I have set, may be it's that.

jeehell
04-29-2014, 02:24 PM
make sure you did not put 0 as error on any detent, and also that you did not set up a null range course between 2 detents (ie: max rev and rev idle must be different without touching error zones).

argileh
04-29-2014, 02:27 PM
make sure you did not put 0 as error on any detent, and also that you did not set up a null range course between 2 detents (ie: max rev and rev idle must be different without touching error zones).

no zeros included, in fact may be some values are high. Max Rev and Rev Idle are spaced out.