PDA

View Full Version : Audio Control Panel ?

brianwilliamson
04-06-2014, 09:17 PM
JL, again many thanks for your software. I am just wondering if you have any plans to do the buttons and leds for the Audio panel as is in the FSX 321, with InterFaceIT panels.

Regards.................Brian W.

jeehell
04-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Hi Brian,

I don't think I'll ever do the ACP myself, as this is more of a mixing table than a logical aircraft system. Also I have no ways to "capture" audio streams and play them back according to the selection on the ACP...

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
04-25-2014, 07:49 PM
I have been trying to figure out a way to link up a 2D panel with FMGS -- perhaps via FSUIPC?

jeehell
04-26-2014, 04:05 AM
I have been trying to figure out a way to link up a 2D panel with FMGS -- perhaps via FSUIPC?
What do you mean exactly?

OmniAtlas
04-26-2014, 04:31 AM
What do you mean exactly?

Hi JL,

I still desire to create a flat based airbus trainer based on touchscreen LCDs - your software is fantastic and I am trying to determine how I can integrate 2d p3d/fsx panels with your software.

The plan would be to place these 2d panels onto a touchscreen - the 2d overhead achieves this purpose allowing one to drag it to another lcd and resize the dimensions. Sadly no 2d panel exists for the pedestal, or the brake panel.

I am am trying to overcome this barrier by creating 2d panel gauges which can somehow communicate with FMGS (via fsuipc, as you have provided offsets in your document)

It would be a huge undertaking for you to create resizable pedestal and brake panels, and probably not in your agenda?

thank you.

Regards,

Ben

SSO
05-26-2014, 03:41 AM
Ben,

There may be a way in, but I need to understand how FMGS deals with updates from different sources. Thus my question in the thread "switchboard" :-)

OmniAtlas
05-26-2014, 07:44 AM
I believe Jehell communicates via FSUIPC -- offsets are used, those specifically published by Pete Dawson.

FMGS overrides any configurations setup in FSUIPC -- for example, I tried a project airbus throttle (virtual cockpit) but could not control it with FMGS open and running.

However, controlling the virtual throttle was possible via FMGS.

SSO
05-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Well EHID is an interesting alternative in relation to communicating with FMGS softwarewise, providing that FMGS does broadcast/forward all changes received to other subsystems.

Eg:
A change initiated by FMGS (user input or logical effect of a received input) is broadcast to FSUIPC, Skalarki, EHID, SIOC, etc.
A change received by FMGS from SIOC is updated internally and forwarded to FSUIPC, Skalarki, EHID, etc.

/Stephen