PDA

View Full Version : My 1st flight, ironing out some issues

GodAtum
04-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Hi all,

Did my 1st test flight in the jeehell :D. Have a few issues:

Unable to export fuel and weights from Topcat using this guide (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26449)
No plane sound from FSX. Sound module is loaded and connected.
How do I tune the radios with no hardware?
After takeoff, I am unable to get into manged mode in the FCU. the PFD says OP CLB and HDG.
For my flight, PFPX says to use 9728 kgs for fuel with 56699 kgs ZFW. But MCDU says 0 for fuel on landing.

I'm familiar with the Aerosoft A320 but maybe Ive missed something.

OmniAtlas
04-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Hi all,

Did my 1st test flight in the jeehell :D. Have a few issues:

Unable to export fuel and weights from Topcat using this guide (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26449)
No plane sound from FSX. Sound module is loaded and connected.
How do I tune the radios with no hardware?
After takeoff, I am unable to get into manged mode in the FCU. the PFD says OP CLB and HDG.
For my flight, PFPX says to use 9728 kgs for fuel with 56699 kgs ZFW. But MCDU says 0 for fuel on landing.

I'm familiar with the Aerosoft A320 but maybe Ive missed something.

1. You need to use the custom config file ToTom created for Topcat; follow this thread -- http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27674
The topcat config file should be in the new A18-A310 model file you downloaded.

2. You need to download the correct sounds and place it in the aircraft sound folder - http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27485

3. You're dependent on the airbus autotune features for now, or you can use the MCDU. Alternatively use your Vatsim and IVAO client to tune radios.

4. You should be in managed mode prior to take off.

GodAtum
04-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Thanks for your help. I completed my test flight from LEMG - EGFF successfully :-D

How do I set trim for takeoff? there does not seem to be a button assignment in Configure Controls?
On the ND, is there the level off point functionality?9012
On climb the AP was struggling to keep along the green line and got lost and started to do circles. i will do more testing.
when installing Project Airbus new liveries, do I need to copy the aircraft.cfg file from the Jeehell model to the new livery?

OmniAtlas
04-06-2014, 07:21 PM
There are trim buttons in the configure controls. I don't remember the exact command, but it is there.

There is no TOC marker at this stage, but TOD is implemented. JL hopes to implement full MCDU functionality.

You can copy the livery files into the default airbus folder, but you need to make changes to the aircraft.cfg file.

Beaufort
06-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Another beginnerīs question, I didnīt find any similar post in the forum:
After T/O already gear up, flaps up, throttles CL, 3 white points in FCU, ATHR and AP1 engaged, no discos in flightplan -
suddenly the aircraft stops climbing/levels up, while the altitude in the FCU is still far above, gets faster and faster and then goes streat down nose forward into the ground. I canīt disconnect the ATHR and AP and flight controls are not under control, so I canīt do anything against.
I can reproduce this phenomena, already the 4th A320 destroyed. Can anyone give me a hint what Iīm doing wrong? Is there a special procedure manual or tutorial?
The last Bus I flew was the Feelthere several years ago, only B737, 747, MD11, Embraer 195 and Citation X since then, perhaps my old checklists do not match to JeeHell. THX for any help!

OmniAtlas
06-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Are you using the correct a320 model file? It was completely revamped in the latest release. I suggest removing and deleting the files in your aircraft folder and reinstalling from new.

jeehell
06-12-2014, 05:30 AM
It could be an altitude constraint at which the aircraft is levelling. The speed building up could be explained by the THR LVR still in TOGA or MCT. Post a picture of the PFD during the levelling/acceleration.

The nose down is a bug in the overspeed protection, I need to look at it...

Beaufort
06-13-2014, 09:45 AM
Hi JL+OA,
at first: thanks for Your help!
I checked the mdl.file, should be the one delivered with B34: A320_200_CFM_NoVC.mdl 01.04.2014 16:09 2.86 KB
Here now screenshots:
Flightplan in MCDU, no constraints I believe:
MCDU PERF:
FCU on gate:
PFD pp.
on gate + lined up + PERF CLB MCDU:
PFD pp. beginnig TO-roll / airborne Gear Up; I donīt know why "T.O. INHIBIT":
(continued)

Beaufort
06-13-2014, 09:47 AM
(continued)
Climbing with V/S works:
and now managed mode until catastrophe:

OmniAtlas
06-13-2014, 09:55 AM
To inhibit is a normal sign.

Looks ke like you forgot to turn the engine start switches back from the IGN position.

Are you using fsuipc? I had catastrophic flying with 'smooth winds' enabled.

Beaufort
06-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Tried again, ignition now Norm (cannot be the reason, as I forgot it only this time) + fsuipc.dll deleted from "Modules" - same problem.

jeehell
06-13-2014, 11:51 AM
This is strange.
Do you have any weather addon software? If so try removing it...
Did you try an OP CLB instead of managed CLB?
It looks like it's going for the CLB mach after passing FL100, instead of waiting for the crossover altitude, which is strange?

JL

Beaufort
06-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Got it!
I had already installed the PERF folder for the A318 to A321 A318toA321_090514.zip from http://fmgs.co.nr/ .
Reinstalling the original PERF folder solved the problem.
For the first time I will stay at the A320, but I hope there wil be a chance to get the other models work, too, while I keep on dreaming of the A 350 implemented.
Thanks for Your immediate help!
Regards Rainer

OmniAtlas
06-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Yes, you need to ensure your aircraft.cfg is also up to date, in addition to the model file.

I would suggest always using the aircraft model from the latest jeehell installer -- the one on the website might not be the most current.