PDA

View Full Version : Created: original Cessna gear warning for Carenado craft

Hoorf
04-02-2014, 02:10 PM
My FS2004 setup has Carenado's 182RG, which I love to fly. One day, while in approach and dropping power & gear, I remarked to myself that the gear-warning sound was just a continual, medium tone, which could get lost in all the other droning frequencies; I'd often wondered about this, because there's a YouTube in-cockpit video of a Cessna 172RG approaching to land with its gear-warning going full-blare (the pilots were in casual conversation on their David Clarks, paid the warning no heed and landed, gear-up). The tone was a higher-pitch pulse, 2 tones per second (0.25-second tone, 0.25-second silence, repeating). Well...

I opened up Audacity, created a 0.25-second tone of a certain frequency with a 0.25-second pause after it, copied it and pasted 6 more after the first for a 3-second repeating warning, replicating Cessna's gear-warning tone exactly. Carenado uses Spanish file names for their unique sounds, so this one was inserted into the Carenado 182RG's Sounds file as "almarueda.wav" to replace the original (which I backed up, of course). Works great! Wanted to offer it here, to anyone who wants it...free, of course. This Forum won't let me attach .wav files, please feel free to ask me in PM here and I'll send it to you.