PDA

View Full Version : OmniAtlas FMGS Procedural Trainer

OmniAtlas
03-10-2014, 04:10 AM
Well, here is the start of my airbus build after testing FMGS for many weeks.

Setup are the 2 Dell monitors I have purchased for a lowly price of 40 AUD each...they are fantastic because they can tilt, rotate, pan up and down.
The aim is to setup a trainer that can also function as a computer desktop when not in use :)

I have a flybycockpit sidestick and tiller on the way
BenQ projector should be on order soon.

I will most likely setup a complete middle section panels with skalarki gear, autobrake panel, and FCU. I will update as my build develops :)

SSO
03-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Thanks for sharing. What made you choose Skalarki as provider?

/Stephen

OmniAtlas
03-10-2014, 07:04 AM
Hi Stephen,

I've only heard good things about Skalarki; their prices are also very reasonable compared to other vendors.
Marcin also seems like quite a friendly person (unlike some other vendors which seem to be targeting the 'pro'-sumer line), and is responsive to e-mails.

I have heard the build quality of his panels are also excellent. I do own any Skalarki products yet, so it has just been from word of mouth.

Miatanet
03-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Hi Omniatlas
Thanks for sharing your projekt. I am building a cockpit since two years already and just ordered parts from Marcin, wich will arrive in about two weeks. I am using already his I/O cards for my overhead Panel which is build by FDS. That works fine and Marcin helps in any case and he always answers when you have some trouble.
What kind of Dell monitors you are using?

Best regards
Stefan

GodAtum
03-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Hi Stephen,

I've only heard good things about Skalarki; their prices are also very reasonable compared to other vendors.
Marcin also seems like quite a friendly person (unlike some other vendors which seem to be targeting the 'pro'-sumer line), and is responsive to e-mails.

I have heard the build quality of his panels are also excellent. I do own any Skalarki products yet, so it has just been from word of mouth.

Ive had some great email exchanges with Marcin. He is going to set up a build so people can come and visit. Other "pro-sumer" vendors I have had very bad experiences with. They have no interest in the likes of us even though they say on their website "No requirement is too large or too small".

OmniAtlas
03-10-2014, 06:36 PM
They have no interest in the likes of us even though they say on their website "No requirement is too large or too small".

Hi GodAtum, looks like we both have a similar experience from that vendor :-/

I would also check out flybycockpits, Vitor has been very communicative by e-mail. I will be receiving photos of my order this week, so I'll post them up and let you all judge by the quality.

OmniAtlas
03-10-2014, 06:39 PM
What kind of Dell monitors you are using?

Best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I am using the Dell 1708FPT; they have a great functional support stand.

OmniAtlas
03-24-2014, 03:01 AM
Received my W1080ST projector today -- BEAUTIFUL. Over a 100" -- if you look at my measly 40" TV next to the projected image, its 4x the size!

GodAtum
03-24-2014, 03:17 AM
Received my W1080ST projector today -- BEAUTIFUL. Over a 100" -- if you look at my measly 40" TV next to the projected image, its 4x the size!

Awesome, whats the throw ratio like and focus at short distances?

OmniAtlas
03-24-2014, 03:48 AM
No problem setting up and focusing. Excellent blacks. Its around 1.5-2.0 m. Cinema in my house, in 1080p glory :)

OmniAtlas
05-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Flybycockpit sidestick and tiller on the way soon :)

GodAtum
05-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Wow looks very well made. Do you know if they are going to make all the cockpit parts?

OmniAtlas
05-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Hi GodAtum, I am sure they will eventually have all the parts of the A320 cockpit for sale, just as they do for the B737.

GodAtum
05-15-2014, 04:00 AM
Do you happen to know how much they charge for a fullly built 737 cockpit? I'm just trying to get an idea of price compared to skalarki.

asessa
05-15-2014, 04:16 AM
Flybycockpit sidestick and tiller on the way soon :)

Wow...can you give us the site address ??

OmniAtlas
05-15-2014, 05:02 AM
Wow...can you give us the site address ??

http://www.flybycockpits.com/ , e-mail Vitor and tell him you know me.

OmniAtlas
05-15-2014, 05:04 AM
Do you happen to know how much they charge for a fullly built 737 cockpit? I'm just trying to get an idea of price compared to skalarki.

I don't think they specialize in 737 electronics; you'll have to go to cp flight, opencockpit, simworld, etc for that. I'll do a review of the sidestick when I get it.