PDA

View Full Version : Installing Cards and Modules ?

brianwilliamson
03-09-2014, 02:59 AM
JL,

I do not need an answer to these questions if you are putting the relevant information in the new Manuals.
I am not in a hurry !

I am using the FCU from CPFlight,
2 MCDU's from FDS,
2 Radios + Transponder from Open Cockpits combined with the trim wheel (which I have had working ok with SIOC in the original PM )
and 4 InterFaceIT cards from FDS.
2 cards from Bodnar, (they are easy.)

I am assuming the FCU will connect ok with the software from JL without anything else.

Do I need to use the software from FDS for the MCDU's and the InterFaceIT cards, as well do I need the Software for the SIOC ?
So as for the 4 InterFaceIT cards I am presuming that I would just go and configure them completely with new configuration for all the switches and Leds.

I have just installed the software in the cockpit so I will take some time to get it all working 100 percent.

Many thanks...............Brian W.

jeehell
03-09-2014, 07:07 AM
Hi,

-CPFlight FCU requires you select the "CPFlight support" module during the installation of my software, then you'll have to set the correct COM Port setting in hardware modules\CPflightmodule.ini file

-FDS modules and InterfaceIT cards: they are all the same for my software. You install the "FDS support" module during installation. Then you open hardware modules\IITcreator.exe which will allow you to set up all the I/O. For their complete modules (such as MCDUs and FCU), you have a quick option to set directly the complete board as a specific module via a right click on the board. And the usual I/O per I/O setup for LEDs and SWs on normal I/O board.

-COMs and XPDR from OpenCockpit: after installing "SIOC Support" module, you run hardware modules\SIOC Creator.exe which is an integrated tool to auto-create a script my software will automatically interact with.

-Bodnar's: AFAIK, they are joystick based I/O. They should be very easy to configure through FMGS Config.exe.

Cheers,
JL

brianwilliamson
03-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Thank you JL. I will see if I can get it all working today. Hope to be able to post a picture of the finished product working with the new software.

Cheers..................Brian W.