PDA

View Full Version : Problem with today's update Widefmgsserver

Barrykensett
02-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Started up FS and FMGS software just now. Both PC's updated however on restart I get error on Widefmgsserver "Invalid floating point operation". Other than the updates which came down automatically I have not changed anything since the last successful run yesterday. Can anyone advise please?
Barry

jeehell
02-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Hi Barry,

Do you use the last B32 version?(http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B32.exe)
If you updated, please reinstall the genune B32 package. There apparently are issues with the updater.

JL

Barrykensett
02-20-2014, 05:31 PM
OK I installed the B32 package on two computers and this cleared the problem above. However I now have a new one! The SD and EWD screens on the "slave" PC are only partially drawn, I see needles moving but no background. Other programs on the "slave" work fine (FCU, MCDU,OHD). If I run the SD and EWD on the "Master" (FS) computer the graphics are drawn properly. Have tried re-installing software but no change.
Barry

jeehell
02-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Hi,

This looks like an OpenGL issue. What video card do you have on that computer? Drivers are up to date?
Do you run PFD/ND also on the slave? Any issues with them?

JL

Barrykensett
02-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Card is Radeon 9600, it is an old PC that I am using for testing. All worked fine until I let the FMGS auto update to its work. Although I loaded B32 I think there must have been some elements left in. I stripped all the software out and reloaded, it all works fine again now. Will avoid the auto update in future until I see positive thoughts about it in this forum!
Test flights going well until the final approach when the speed will not drop, thr lock engages and basically all goes wrong. I must be doing something wrong so will try harder.
Barry

jeehell
02-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Barry, if your speed is not reduced in APPR phase, check the following:
- APPR mode engaged in the MCDU (when you go to PERF page, it should show APPR page, otherwise you can force activate it there)
- you use managed speed mode
- you select flaps 1 before descending on the glide, otherwise on a 3° slope, in clean configuration the ACFT cannot decellerate.
- if you're heavy, it can be that VFE of next flap setting is above the manoeuvering speed (S or F speed). In that case, you must use selected speed to slow down, then extend the flaps. You can then resumt managed speed mode.

JL