PDA

View Full Version : JeeHell+Linux

Niklas
02-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Hi,

is the JeeHell softwar kompatible with Linux?
Or with some of the following list?

http://raspberrycenter.de/handbuch/welches-betriebssystem-laeuft-raspberry-pi

Best Regards,
Niklas

fsx-cockpit
02-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Hi Niklas :)

You can try with VM or Wine on Linux, but I think it will not work.
You need FSX too. FSX running on Linux with Wine.

Tell us your experiance with Linux and JeeHell ;)

Look here:
http://www.dalpi.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=248

Have fun :)

CU,
Chris

Niklas
02-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Hi Chris,

My FSX runs on Windows 7. The Problem is I want to work with Rasberry Pi. And there I can only run JeeHell. So I mean I want to have it in a network. Only for using of one MCDU.

The next problem is I havn't this Rasberry with Linux, so I can't test it.

fsx-cockpit
02-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Do you have 2. PC with linux?

I use Thinclient HP ( used one eb..y 8,-€) for Linux... ( 2GB Ram, 40GB HDD) runs fine...

Something to test for you...small and cheap ;)

CU, Chris

Niklas
02-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Sounds nice. Well, I wanted only to use one PC with Linux, but for the second MCDU I would like to use the second.

What is with the ThinclientHP? What do I Need for this?

fsx-cockpit
02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
ThinClient is a very small PC without ventilation.Quiet. Very low energy consuming. It has VGA,Network,PS2,USB,Sound...
Look at e....y for it...you can put HDD into...so you can use lowcost no noise pc, very small pc.
I like it as test pc...

Schwätsch Du schwäbisch ?;)

CU, Chris

fsx-cockpit
02-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Look this thread, very usefull:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13186

Cheers,
Chris

jeehell
02-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi,

I haven't tested so far, but I think it is possible my software works with Wine on linux.
It is not tested, and it won't be supported by me any further than this little comment...
If I find the time and a linux distro somewhere, I'll try it...

JL

fsx-cockpit
02-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Cool,
but I think a simulated OS is always a handicap ;)
I try by my self too on test linux pc...
CU,
Chris

OmniAtlas
02-13-2014, 06:18 PM
ThinClient is a very small PC without ventilation.Quiet. Very low energy consuming. It has VGA,Network,PS2,USB,Sound...
Look at e....y for it...you can put HDD into...so you can use lowcost no noise pc, very small pc.
I like it as test pc...

Schwätsch Du schwäbisch ?;)

CU, Chris

I looked up some prices for the HP thinclient and they come up to around ~400 USD...can't you buy a full blown computer at that price?

I am consideration purchasing a Bay Trail PC tablet -- you can run Windows 8.x on the system and also connect it to an LCD.

jeehell
02-13-2014, 06:22 PM
I agree proprietary software is always the best... That's why I do not support Linux OS when my apps are made for windows.

I just tried with Virtualbox and ubuntu:
- The network connection works
- The non OpenGL apps seem to work correctly
- The OpenGL app (PFD/NFD/EWD/SD/MCDU) do not run.
- I believe opengl support under virtual machins is not good. That could be the reason. But I cannot say 100% for sure it will work on a physical machine with OpenGl working on it...

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
02-13-2014, 06:35 PM
As an alternative I suggest you all try the Steam in-home streaming option :)

Steam is available for Linux and it allows you to stream programs from your Windows PC...I will try and beta test and let you guys know how it goes.

Niklas
02-14-2014, 01:49 AM
I looked up some prices for the HP thinclient and they come up to around ~400 USD...can't you buy a full blown computer at that price?

I am consideration purchasing a Bay Trail PC tablet -- you can run Windows 8.x on the system and also connect it to an LCD.

In Germany it coast about 10 to 20€, but you must buy a better RAM.

fsx-cockpit
02-14-2014, 03:45 AM
You can buy used one very cheap, than upgrade RAM and take out flash and use a USB Stick as Flash. Look for USB Stick with SSD technic, it is better performent.
On my cheap Thin 8,- Euros from HP I insert 2GB Ram from old Notebook and 16GB USB-Stick , I run xp and linux from stick. I run FSMap on it, connected wireless to my FSX-PC.

OmniAtlas
02-14-2014, 04:47 AM
You can buy used one very cheap, than upgrade RAM and take out flash and use a USB Stick as Flash. Look for USB Stick with SSD technic, it is better performent.
On my cheap Thin 8,- Euros from HP I insert 2GB Ram from old Notebook and 16GB USB-Stick , I run xp and linux from stick. I run FSMap on it, connected wireless to my FSX-PC.

Have you tried running any jeehell programs? I will look around. Cheers.

fsx-cockpit
02-14-2014, 05:27 AM
Not yet, but I think with xp no problem...

Niklas
02-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Yes, I tought I read it anywhere... XP must be ok