PDA

View Full Version : Descend in managed mode???

steinbach72
01-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Hello JH,I continue testing FMGSB31.5 with P3Dv2 and I met another problem. I am not able to use descend in managed mode. When I am at cruise altitude, I see correct TOD and all altitudes and speed calculated inside MCDU, but when I engage descend in managed mode, all values changes into -9999 and aircraft does not start to descend. ETA are correct on WPTs. but not at destination, there is always 00:01. Could be problem in P3Dv2 again or I missed something???Thanks Jiri, Prague

jeehell
02-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi,

The VNAV is still buggy. It happens on some cases, I havcen't found the problem yet. Use selected mode in those caes....

JL

steinbach72
02-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Hi JL, thank you for information, I will wait for your solution. Jiri.

steinbach72
02-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi JL, thank you for information, I will wait for your solution. Jiri.

Hello JL, I started to test the last FMGS B32, but I am still not able to get working managed descent in any way. Immediatelly after I reach cruise altitude, all the predicted time data and predicted/computed altitudes inside the MCDU/flight plan dissapears, or looks like -9999 and UTC 0001. I discused it with Tomasz Majdan form FSCockpit and he told me, that managed descent(with some small errors) works on every flight for him. I do not know, what can be the rason in my case. May be any bad internal settings (inside W8), or any driver? I use P3D v2.1. Thanks for your help. Jiri, Prague

jeehell
02-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Hi,
I will repeat myself...

The VNAV is still buggy. It happens on some cases, I havcen't found the problem yet. Use selected mode in those caes....

I'll work on that when I have the time to. Do not think VNAV is an easy stuff to code...

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
02-19-2014, 05:01 PM
Make sure you program STARS, that usually helps with the decent data and profile.

steinbach72
02-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Make sure you program STARS, that usually helps with the decent data and profile.

Hi, 1. to JL - I understand and have admiration for you and your work, I only do not understand why descent does not work for me at all and why I still give this strange values in MCDU, if another users do not report it. 2. To OmniAtlas - absolutely, I use STAR during every test flight without any FP discontinuity. During climb, I can see all correct values in MCDU, but after reaching cruise altitude, values change to describe strange values - I hope this is the reason, why managed descend does not start properly. Jiri

OmniAtlas
02-19-2014, 07:59 PM
I have this problem when I am doing RNAV approaches (-9999 altitude). No problems with ils approaches.

what approach have you programmed?

steinbach72
02-20-2014, 01:46 AM
I have this problem when I am doing RNAV approaches (-9999 altitude). No problems with ils approaches.

what approach have you programmed? Hi, I always use ILS approaches for my testing. Jiri

steinbach72
02-27-2014, 07:08 AM
Hi, I always use ILS approaches for my testing. Jiri
Hi everybody,
I finally solved my problem with VNAV descend in managed mode, it was caused by my Czech language pack inside win8. After I install US English language pack, all started to work and strange values inside the MCDU dissapeared. Now I am flying under win8.1 without problems.
Jiri