PDA

View Full Version : Localizer offset

steinbach72
01-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Hi, I noticed significant localizer offset inside P3Dv2 during landing after last update / tested on LOWW rwy 29 and LOWS rwy 16 /. Aircraft lands right next to the runway when using autoland. Thanks Jiri, Prague

jeehell
01-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi,

Can you look on Server PC in the folder navdata if you have a file called oldILS.bin. If not, make sure everything is closed down (FS and FMGS) then run the application called navDBapp.exe (still in navdata folder). Let it run for a few minutes (until oldILS.bin file appears).

Regards,
JL

steinbach72
01-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Hi,

Can you look on Server PC in the folder navdata if you have a file called oldILS.bin. If not, make sure everything is closed down (FS and FMGS) then run the application called navDBapp.exe (still in navdata folder). Let it run for a few minutes (until oldILS.bin file appears).

Regards,
JL

Hi JL, yes, I have oldILS.bin in this folder. I tried to remove it and run NaVDBapp.exe, but new file did not appear. Jiri

jeehell
01-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Did you make sure you closed FS before running the application?
There is a log file called logNDB.txt. I need to see what's in it.

JL

steinbach72
01-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Did you make sure you closed FS before running the application?
There is a log file called logNDB.txt. I need to see what's in it.

JL
Hi, yes sim was closed, but I noticed in logNDB.txt that there is route to FSX, but I use P3D now on another disc /D> Jiri

jeehell
01-18-2014, 06:34 PM
In that case, you simply need to modify the FSscenery.cfg file to adjust the paths in there to your actual P3D paths. They should look like this on a W7 64bit:
scenery.cfg=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\scenery.cfg
FSfolder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\

Then do the navdbapp.exe again (with P3D closed).

JL

steinbach72
01-18-2014, 08:04 PM
In that case, you simply need to modify the FSscenery.cfg file to adjust the paths in there to your actual P3D paths. They should look like this on a W7 64bit:
scenery.cfg=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\scenery.cfg
FSfolder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\

Then do the navdbapp.exe again (with P3D closed).

JL
Hi JL, everything changed by your advice, but still the same, the localizer offset during CAT 3 dual AUTOLAND tends to be worse and worse around 5 NM from the runway threshold, tested at LOWW rwy 29 default P3Dv2 scenery. Landed next to the runway [on the right side, wind is 8 knots slightly form the left]. GS capture works perfectly, localizer capture too at longer distance from threshold too. Do you have any other reccommendations? Thanks Jiri

jeehell
01-18-2014, 08:17 PM
add this line to FSScenery.cfg:
MonitorARPT=LOWW

Then launch navdbapp (without P3D again) and put the logNDB.txt here again.

By the way, on PFD/ND, how is the LLZ deviation scale? Centered?

JL

jeehell
01-18-2014, 08:34 PM
I've just tried with P3D 1.4 default scenery and it is a perfect ILS alignment and AUTOLAND.
So you probably have an issue with the navdata base installation process. Once I see your latest logNDB I should see what's happening more clearly.

steinbach72
01-19-2014, 04:35 AM
I've just tried with P3D 1.4 default scenery and it is a perfect ILS alignment and AUTOLAND.
So you probably have an issue with the navdata base installation process. Once I see your latest logNDB I should see what's happening more clearly. Hi, when I am standing on the runway before T.O. and tune ILS, localizer is perfectly aligned-centered. But during the autoland the localizer dot on PFD tends to shift to the left as I approach runway. Thanks Jiri

jeehell
01-19-2014, 07:49 AM
Hi

Ok your navdata is correct. I really do not see why you get that offset on final.
Are you up to date with automatic updates?
You do use the aircraft addon provided with my software?
Did you try with no wind at all?

JL

ToTom
01-19-2014, 10:14 AM
I checked RWY29 LOWW (P3D v2) - default P3Dv2 scenery.
There is no problem with that, all is well.

Route: XANUT2U XANUT XANUT1W

One note. I have P3DV2 directly on drive D.
My settings scenery.cfg (other than in P3D1.4!):

scenery.cfg=D:\Prepar3D v2\scenery.cfg
FSfolder=D:\Prepar3D v2\

steinbach72
01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi

Ok your navdata is correct. I really do not see why you get that offset on final.
Are you up to date with automatic updates?
You do use the aircraft addon provided with my software?
Did you try with no wind at all?

JL
Hi, I have all updates and I am using your airbus. I just tried it with payware Oslo megairport and still the same. I will test it without wind in the evening and will report. Thank you. Jiri.

steinbach72
01-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Hi JL,after complete reinstall (including NAVDATA) and the last update, all works fine now, localizer is perfectly aligned. But I have noticed, that during landing voice does not says "retard, retard". Many thanks for your help. Jiri

jeehell
01-19-2014, 07:04 PM
The logic is different wether AP is on or off. Also, if you retarf the throttles before around 20ft, you will not hear the callout.

JL