PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGS B31

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jeehell
11-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello all,

As promised, the URL to download the B32:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B33.2.exe

The navdata will be available tomorrow (I do not know at what time though) on Aerosoft interface. Look in the "All" list for JeeHellWare.

Best regards,
Jean Luc

Reason for Editing:
Optional

janinp
11-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Thanks Jean-Luc, I cannot wait to test this new version with the new VNAV ! Pierre

EDIT : installed is done. The new navdata directories have been installed automatically on both networked computers. Where should I install the navdatas : on the FMGSserver computer or preferably where the ND is installed ?
BTW, the readme at the end of the install mentions the B29 comments on update (At first, I thought I installed the wrong version).

jeehell
11-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi,

The navdata should be installed on computers running FMGS server and NDs.
I don't know how Aerosoft applciation works exactly, and if you're allowed to download on mutlipe computers; To avoind any issue, you can copy the navdata\navdata1&2 folder from main computers to secondary ones. You will then only have to restart that computer to get the updated data (reboot is not needed on the computer where Aerosoft installs the data).

Regards,
JL

asessa
11-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Hi JL, great news!

Can you insert in first post the Change Log of this version, please?

filippoporcari
11-14-2013, 01:40 PM
great job JL!
can't wait to test b31!
all the best and thank u
filippo

jeehell
11-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi Asessa,

I'll try to do that tomorrow, quite busy these last days.

Regards
JL

AirFan
11-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi JL,

how should the NAV data look like. I only got one big file which I just received via the AS SW. It is called "navrecord.dat". Yes, I picked your format. :) but the NDs remain red after trying to align. I put it in the NAV1&2 folders on server and ND client PC?

EDIT: Of Course the MDCU says "NOT IN DATABASE" and does not show any cycle at the begining.

Any idea?
Cheers,
Robert

filippoporcari
11-14-2013, 05:45 PM
airfan i think that after installing the aerosoft airac we have to run JL server config and in the navdata field we have to point to the directory the airac were installed to and let JL software "build" its database.
after that we've to copy the content of both navdata folders from the server pc to the client/s
cheers
filippo

AirFan
11-14-2013, 06:00 PM
airfan i think that after installing the aerosoft airac we have to run JL server config and in the navdata field we have to point to the directory the airac were installed to and let JL software "build" its database.
after that we've to copy the content of both navdata folders from the server pc to the client/s
cheers
filippo

Hi filippo,

Which .exe do you exactly mean? Before b31 you were ask about a path to nav data during install. This didnt pop up. When I try to run the navDBService.exe in the Nav folder nothing happens.

Did you get it running already?

Cheers & thank you,
Robert

AirFan
11-14-2013, 06:47 PM
ok... I gotta catch some sleep. So far I didnt manage to implement the new nav data. Some questions:

- Where exactly should I point to the folder with the single downloaded AS nav data file *.dat + a cycle readme.

- What should happen when you click on the navDBService.exe? Here, nothing happens at all.

- I cant stop the "FMGSNavDB" service via taskmanager... same behaviour at other users?

- extract from the logNDB file in the nav folder:

RootPath=E:\Cockpit\A320FMGS\Navdata\
Thread1 launched
-BGL scan:
-ScenerycfgPath:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
-FSroot:E:\FSX\
-Folders Nb:173
Thread2 launched
Server init OK
-FS ILS Nb:3628

NavDB1 done:
-ARPTliste:0
-NavaidListe:0
-FIXliste:0
-AWYsegments:0

NavDB2 done:
-ARPTliste:0
-NavaidListe:0
-FIXliste:0
-AWYsegments:0

Simconnect connected
327810: connected
327810: error
327810: disconnected
1114242: connected
1114242: error
1114242: disconnected
Exit

What is the scenery.cfg path for?

If somebody got it running, drop me a line. Then I gotta kill all configs and do a clean install once again...

Good night
Robert

filippoporcari
11-14-2013, 06:48 PM
hi robert,
yes u can run it also after the installation process if u change/update airacs, can't remember the name of the .exe but it should be in the fmgs server folder.
it's crucial to rebuild the database after an airac change.
nope i still couldn't run b31...i'm in the middle of a format/reinstall process of my main server pc.
regards
fil

AirFan
11-14-2013, 06:55 PM
fil,

I know what you mean (now). :) That was a pure Nav data extraction exe. Of course I've changed the cycles before b31. But this exe is gone and the "new" one doesnt do anything at the moment, at least in my case. The path prompt for the Nav data during FMGS install is also gone. So I guess it has to do with this new .exe. We will see...

Thanks for your support, anyways. Maybe some other can provide some feedback??? :)

good night
Robert

Jerec
11-15-2013, 02:49 AM
Good morning all,

yesterday, when i installed b31 i wondered too about the missing data extraction process. I copied the navdata.dat (or similar name) file from aerosoft to the navdata 1 + 2 folders on each PC, after i got an error by starting, that these files are missing in the specified folders. After that the suite started and i got a correct value in my FMGS with correct date.
SID and STARS ware selectable but in flight and on the ground the EFIS-switches produced no data on the NDs.
Perhaps something is still missing also in my configuration.

Regards Henrik

janinp
11-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Hi,
got it installed! Leave the default path on aerosoft software to download and install : ..users...roaming/jeehellware (sorry I am not at home). Then when you launch the starter it copies the one big file to both navdata folders and register it. For me it worked on both computers (server and nd)

pierre

AirFan
11-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Thank you, Pierre. I will try it tonight.
Robert

jeehell
11-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi Robert,

- Did you change the default path in Aerosoft navdatapro application? you must NOT do that.
- If you cannot update automatically, put the navrecord.dat file in the navdata\navdata1 & navdata\navdata2 folders on computers running FMGS Server and NDs then reboot (or quicker stop and restart FMGSNavDB in taskmanagher->service tab).
- Nothing will happen when you try to open navdbservice.exe, this is not a visual application.
- If you can't kill FMGSNavDB in service tab, go to process tab and kill navdbservice.exe.
- ScenerycfgPath is the path where your FS scenery.cfg is stored. It is used by my software to make ILS work better.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
11-15-2013, 10:12 AM
I was informed by someone that Avast may not like the installer software (nor my software), so if you have trouble during installation look at your antivirus. (this is not linked to issues with the database such as Airfan is having).

Regards,
JL

filippoporcari
11-15-2013, 10:23 AM
i'm sorry then robert...my mind was still on the old way navdata database was built :-)
cheers
filippo

AirFan
11-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Ok... after hours of trying I gave up with my old setup. A clean install suddenly solved my nav data import issue. Still now clue why it didnt want to import the data. Anyhow... I can align the ACFT and I see the NDs alive. I need to do alot of new configuration and setup due to clean install. Looking forward to take a detailed look these days... I will report back.

Thank you!

Regards
Robert

stefangr
11-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi,

will there be any chance to install 31 but keep all configuration settings like calibrations, buttons, axis, positions of windows?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
11-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi Stefan,

On this update, I believe calibration/buttons/axis should not be a problem. However windows position should no longer be compatible.

Regards,
JL

buentead
11-17-2013, 09:36 AM
@Stefan
I uninstalled the B30 software and installed the B31 into the same existing directories. All went well and with the exception of the PFD / ND windows positions, all other confirguration remained.

@JL
The new Navdata is much more accurate! I like it a lot. And thanks for the B31! It looks great during my first flights :-)

Regards
Adrian

rjvcarvalho
11-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Hello,

I have been testing the B31 during the weekend and all is working well, including navdata. The only issue i'm having is with the flight controls, I configure all axes, like explained in documentation, but when i start the software i can,t control throttles. Moving the throttle axis does nothing in fmgs and in fsx. Is there any thing i have missed?

I tried my Logitech joystick and saitek throttle and it's always the same result.

Anyone with same issue?

Dispite this problem it's a great work!

jeehell
11-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi Ricardo,

How do you start teh software?
Do you have FSXconnect or FSUIPCconnect running?
Do you have AP/FBW running?
DId you correctly configure the gates in FMGS Config? Including error zones around the gates?
Can you give us some more details on your setup?

Regards,
JL

rjvcarvalho
11-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Hi Ricardo,

How do you start teh software?

Using Starter application.

Do you have FSXconnect or FSUIPCconnect running?

Starter runs FSUIPCconnect automatically.

Do you have AP/FBW running?

Starter runs these apps, i have noticed server says ap/fbw connected, but on ap/fbw window it says not connected to server.

DId you correctly configure the gates in FMGS Config? Including error zones around the gates?

Yes, configured all with 1000 +\-

Can you give us some more details on your setup?

I am testing everything on a single computer, all else works well.

Regards,
JL

Thanks and best regards,
Ricardo Carvalho

jeehell
11-18-2013, 06:40 AM
When you move the throttle, what do you get on the EWD display? any movement of the LVR position indicator? (the little circle on the N1 arcs). Just to be sure, you did start the engines?

Regards
JL

AirFan
11-18-2013, 07:27 AM
Hi Ricardo,

Have you tried in a first step to setup one axis only but apply it on both levers?
I don't use the complexJoy app but have you touched that? I guess you dont need it either.

In my case the throttle works fine. So I guess it is a local problem.

@ JL: I love it. Really great. I also got the impression that you further tweaked the performance. I run CPT, ECAMs and FO side all on one client with 3 displays and I got the feeling that the NDs are way smoother. I need more time for testing, though.

2 tiny issues so far:

- there seems to be an bug with a mask on the ND. When you are in PLN or NAV mode you can see everything (like flightpath, WPTs ... etc) beyond the compass rose. It should be black so you only see the inside of the compass, right?

- after I turn on power and the NDs come alive, the ND FO side initially shows ILS data like course, etcs... on the upper right side. Can anybody confirm?

REALLY SWEET! I wish my main computer could keep the 30 fps, constantly. :)

Thanks,
Robert

rjvcarvalho
11-18-2013, 10:09 AM
When you move the throttle, what do you get on the EWD display? any movement of the LVR position indicator? (the little circle on the N1 arcs). Just to be sure, you did start the engines?

Regards
JL

Hello,

Yes i am able to start apu, apu bleed and start both engines, all works great, but when i move the throttle levers nothing happens. If i use the F4 key engines spool, but then return to idle. I get good configuration on config program, accurate values moving the axis, etc.

Can't seem to figure out what is happening, already tried two different controllers, and always the same happens.

Thanks for your response.

AUA171
11-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Hi JL!

2 other topics:

1) In SIOC_Creator (Misc) on both "TERR ON ND" switches there is the possibility to define Upper and Lower LED. So far I only know switches with the green lower LED "ON"!
What is the upper LED for?

2) I'm using Opencockpits keys cards for both MCDUs, which I assigned IDX 3 & 4 in sioc.ini.
In SIOC_Creator there is no possibility to define the Device IDX for CPT MCDU and FO MCDU!
Currently I always have to add the Device ID manually to the SIOC script. (e.g. Var 1, name key, Link USB_KEYS, Device 3)
Would be great to have a possibility to add additional fields to SIOC_Creator.

br
Christian

jeehell
11-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi,

@Ricardo: can you post screenshots of FMGS Config during configuration and also of the EWD and PFD when the throttles are at TOGA position? Also the FMGS serve creates a log file called FMGSserverLog.txt, please paste its content here.

@Rob:yes the ND performance has been increased ;)
The ND rose issue is not an issue, from pictures I could gather, this is how the ND works. I'll have a look at the FO ND this week.

@Christian: the upper LED can be disregarded for the TERR ON ND. I'll have a look for the IDX of the USB keys.

Regards,
JL

Jerec
11-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Hey JL,

nice work again! Started the first flights and it looks very fine! Just hoping all the time, that EHID doesnt crash. :)
By the way, did you chage the requirements for saving CO Routes? Yesterday i did INIT 1 + 2, flightplan and perf, but saving was not possible. Typed DLDM (for Düsseldorf to Munich) and pressed SAVE ACTIVE FPLN, but nothing happened.

Regards Henrik

jeehell
11-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi Henrik,

CO/PIL RTEs were removed temporarily, I have a lot of work to put them back in order...

Regards,
JL

AirFan
11-18-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi JL,

ok, thanks for the news about the "new" compass rose thing. :)

one more on the MCDU: when you select a SID it is shown as temp in yellow on ND. Fine... but if you now look at a different SID from the same runway the new selected AND the previous one is shown on ND. So they are overlapping and you can add several in the temp mode on the ND. take a look.

Cheers & regards,
Robert

buentead
11-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi everybody,

it looks like none of you experience 'stoppage' or 'crashing' of the FMGS server. Hence, I must do something wrong. I experienced this in B30 as well.

Installation:
On the FSX server (Intel I7@3.5GHz, 16GB RAM, SSDisk), I run FMGS server, AP/FBW, Sound, Hardware Connect (FDS knobs, CPFlight FCU), Joystick and Throttle, and WideFMGServer. All other modules are spread over additional three PC's. Currently I do not run the 4th PC of FO PFD and ND.

Symptom:
After some time of flying (between 5 minutes and 40 minutes) the MCDU doesn't work anymore, e.g. I cannot enter data nor change to another screen; CPFlight doesn't accept any inputs; Joystick and throttle is not working. When I switch to the desktop pn the FSX server, FMGServer shows all module connected (also, sometimes the content of the Window is not displayed). But modules like AP/FBW show 'disconnected from FMGServer'. If I wait for 30-90 seconds, sometimes the FMGSServer continious working. But often I have to stop and start again.

I assume that the power of the PC shouldn't be a problem. But I really couldn't find any other settings that would be wrong. What can I do to improve the stability. What other information do you need in order point me to the direction of a possible problem?

Any feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks.
Adrian

jeehell
11-18-2013, 05:57 PM
Hi

there is a logfile in FMGS server folder.

JL

rjvcarvalho
11-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Hello JL,

Here are the screenshots you requested single throttle joystick for testing:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup1.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup2.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup3.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup4.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup5.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup6.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup7.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup8.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup9.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup10.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/setup11.jpg

And the log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2160217/FMGSserverLog.txt

Hope it helps to locate the problem.

Thanks and best regards,
Ricardo Carvalho

jeehell
11-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi again Ricardo,

on your screens and log file it seems to me that you indeed configured the axis correctly.
The log file says the THR LVR is set between IDLE and CL which is confirmed on the EWD (THR LVR set at 42%N1).
What happened when you moved the THR LVR?

rjvcarvalho
11-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Hello, i kept the throttle axys on joystick all the way down, like full reverse and the engines where like shown on the ewd, when I move the axis on joystick nothing happens. I think it's a problem apfbw connecting to server, because on server it says connected but on fbw window it says not connected, did you notice that?

Thanks and best regards,
Ricardo Carvalho

jeehell
11-18-2013, 07:20 PM
did you try to close and restart AP/FBW manually? (it is in same folder as FMGS Server)

rjvcarvalho
11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
did you try to close and restart AP/FBW manually? (it is in same folder as FMGS Server)

Yes i did, same result. It must be something wrong with my PC, it's the only logical explanation. I appreciate all your help I'll keep trying to solve this issue.

Thanks and best regards,
Ricardo Carvalho

Jerec
11-19-2013, 03:03 AM
Good morning Ricardo,

i can hardly remember having similar problems with my Logitech and Thrustlevers. Maybe this way might work in your configuration too:
Dont use the "both" setting for thrustlevers. I configured Thrustlevers 1 and 2 with the same axis and set the detents for LVR1+2 at the same axis-positions.
If taht doesnt work, try to add complexjoy with reverser on a button to your config. It has the thing, that your idleposition is completely down at the axis and not so tricky to set.
Maybe this works.

Regards Henrik

filippoporcari
11-19-2013, 04:15 AM
hi ricardo,
may seem a silly question...and not sure it can create this kind of issue...but better to ask than keeping it in my mind: are u sure that those axis are not auto-assigned by FS/p3d to its own throttle axis? and not assigned in FSUIPC as well? for example fsx keeps assigning them over and over even if u delete the axis and this can sometimes create issues when using glass cockpit suites.
all the best
filippo

rjvcarvalho
11-19-2013, 05:53 AM
hi ricardo,
may seem a silly question...and not sure it can create this kind of issue...but better to ask than keeping it in my mind: are u sure that those axis are not auto-assigned by FS/p3d to its own throttle axis? and not assigned in FSUIPC as well? for example fsx keeps assigning them over and over even if u delete the axis and this can sometimes create issues when using glass cockpit suites.
all the best
filippo

Hello,

I checked that before creating the screenshots and there where no assignments on FSX, no axis or buttons. It's exactly the same issue with the logitech joystick or with the saitek throttles.

Thank You all for your help.

romeow
11-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi everybody,

it looks like none of you experience 'stoppage' or 'crashing' of the FMGS server. Hence, I must do something wrong. I experienced this in B30 as well.

Installation:
On the FSX server (Intel I7@3.5GHz, 16GB RAM, SSDisk), I run FMGS server, AP/FBW, Sound, Hardware Connect (FDS knobs, CPFlight FCU), Joystick and Throttle, and WideFMGServer. All other modules are spread over additional three PC's. Currently I do not run the 4th PC of FO PFD and ND.

Symptom:
After some time of flying (between 5 minutes and 40 minutes) the MCDU doesn't work anymore, e.g. I cannot enter data nor change to another screen; CPFlight doesn't accept any inputs; Joystick and throttle is not working. When I switch to the desktop pn the FSX server, FMGServer shows all module connected (also, sometimes the content of the Window is not displayed). But modules like AP/FBW show 'disconnected from FMGServer'. If I wait for 30-90 seconds, sometimes the FMGSServer continious working. But often I have to stop and start again.

I assume that the power of the PC shouldn't be a problem. But I really couldn't find any other settings that would be wrong. What can I do to improve the stability. What other information do you need in order point me to the direction of a possible problem?

Any feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks.
Adrian
Hi Adrian,
I had the same problems with B30 (B31 isn't installed yet). I assume it was my WLAN which didn't run stable enough. Since I connected server and client with LAN all these disconnections have stopped.
René

Arnab
11-21-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi,

I am a novice in simulator setup. I installed A320FMGS B31 and FSUIPC 4. I am using FSX acceleration and Win8. Presently running on a single laptop - 4GB RAM, i5, 1500rpmHDD, Radeon 7670m.

1. The PFD is not showing. Instead I see No data in the window. This happens even after aligning the ADIRS.
2. The SD is just showing one page. There is a blank page and on the bottom TAT,RAS etc is showing.
3. When I select flaps, dotted line appears - but the flaps deployed is not shown.
4. On the sound dialog box and all other dialog boxes, 'Not connected to FMGS server is appearing'.

What wrong am I doing? Is this problem due to not having joystick or throttle?
I was facing this problem with B30 as well.

AirFan
11-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Hi JL,

after some flights with your GREAT!!! new version I experienced a really strange bug once in a while. The flight path seems to add a waypoint somewhere in the nowhere, so far away that it can't even be displayed on ND. However this artifical point is not shown on the MCDU and I did not enter it either. Really weird. But I experienced it several times, suddenly having an extra "phantom" WP on the ND which leads to a really stupid flight path. And I cant delete it as it is not displayed on the MCDU? Any idea?

Love the new performance of the NDs!

Regards,
Robert

Arbizzano
11-21-2013, 07:46 AM
Hi Jeehell,

excuse me, but I don't understand where I can download the navdata. In the previous version I used the levelD AIRAC, but with this version, during installation nothing happens..
Where I mistake?

Best regards

Umberto

filippoporcari
11-21-2013, 08:05 AM
umberto,this has been explained in the past: u cannot use anymore the level-d navdata...u have to use aerosoft navdatapro which now included Jeehell specific navdata.regardsfilippo

Arbizzano
11-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Thank you very much Filippo. Now I have the navrecord.dat and I save it in the folder "Navdata/Navadata1 e 2" but I have not data in FCU yet. What is it wrong? What is the correct procedure to install navdata file on clean b31 installation?

Thank's for your support

Umberto

filippoporcari
11-21-2013, 12:07 PM
umberto,
the fcu does not need any navdata.
the navdata file is needed in both navdata 1/2 folders in the server pc and in both navdata 1/2 folders in pc/pcs running the ND.
cheers
fil

jeehell
11-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi,

@Arnab: Hard to tell what you're doing wrong. Probably an engine or system not started correctly...

@Rob: I'm aware of this issue, I'll have a look.

@Umberto: You must NOT change the default folder where aerosoft's navdatapro isntalls the navdata for my software. It has to be c:\users\your_user\appdata\roaming\jeehellware (where "your_user" is of course your username under windows...).

JL

Arnab
11-22-2013, 04:35 AM
@Arnab: Hard to tell what you're doing wrong. Probably an engine or system not started correctly...

JL

Hi JL,

This is a what I did:

1. Install FSX+SP1+FSX acceleration (Program Flies (x86))
2. Install Level-D (Program Files (x86))
3. Install JLFMGS B30. It asked for Nav Data - and everything seemed fine on install
4. When the Joystick calibration window came, I cancelled it as I dont have joystick or throttle. - only mouse and keyboard.
5. Install FSUIPC4 (4.92) (not registered)
6. Restart
7. Run FSX (at minimal graphics) - select JL A320, VIDP as airport.
8. After the aircraft loaded, reduced the window size and kept it on the desktop. (Disabled pause while switching window)
9. Launched A320 FMGS.

The panels open and the a/c engines shut down in FSX.

From OVHD -
1. Both batts ON
2. All fuel pumps ON
3. APU Master ON and APU Start ON.
4. After the APU is AVAIL, the PFD shows in red (the tapes are in red and no info) and the ND says No data. E/WD shows OK but the green parts of Flaps and Slats dont show.
5. ADIRS 1,2,3 - ON
6. ADIRS Knob - NAV, then off and then back to NAV. Repeat for all three.
7. APU Bleed - ON
8. Strater Mode - IGN Start, and then ENG2 Master ON.
The E/WD shows the engine starting. After the engines are stabilized, repeat for ENG1.
9. GEN 1 and GEN 2 - ON
10. All electrical Korry switches - ON.
By this time all three ADIRS ALIGN indications go out.
The PFD is still red and the ND still showing NO DATA.

The sound dialog box says 'Not connected to FMGS server'.
Is there anything I am missing out?

I uninstalled B30 and deleted the A320 folder in C:. Then installed B31. But no change.

Arnab

jeehell
11-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi,

You need to have a joystick installed and configured, otherwise the FMGS Server won't start.
From version B31 on, the navdata tailored to my software from Aerosoft is needed. I have to update the user guide about that.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
11-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi to all.
Jean Luc thank you for this update. Great job! Allow me to report some issues I noticed after the very firsts flights:

1. I don't see VORs, WPTs etc on ND
2. "FLAPS NOT IN T.O CONFIG" message after landing for long time with aural signal.
3. If I close server first, the two clients (PFD-ND) can't shut down, because FMGS client is frozen.
4. Backlight on Cockpitsonic's ECAM CP doesn't turn on every time, but only one out of three flights.
5. Header dot turns off without a reason on CPflight's FCU

Thanks a lot

AirFan
11-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Hi Leonidas,

1. I don't see VORs, WPTs etc on ND -
i had the same issues after installing over the existing b30. After a clean install it worked fine. Copy the nav data file to the clients as well.

2. "FLAPS NOT IN T.O CONFIG" message after landing for long time with aural signal. -
I dont have that issue.

3. If I close server first, the two clients (PFD-ND) can't shut down, because FMGS client is frozen.-
Confirmed. Something keeps running which need to be forced to shut down.
EDIT: This only happens in case I want to shut down the client PC before I quit the client application. So I can quit the client Software correctly but if I try to shut down the PC without quitting, I get an error from Windows if I want to force to close the app. a minor thing...

Robert

Leonidas
11-23-2013, 03:53 AM
Copy the nav data file to the clients as well.

Thanks Rob, but still nothing.

buentead
11-23-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi

there is a logfile in FMGS server folder.

JL

Thanks, JL. I couldn't reproduce the crash on the FMGS server since I reported it. I'll come back with the logs if it happens again.

Adrian

buentead
11-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Hi Adrian,
I had the same problems with B30 (B31 isn't installed yet). I assume it was my WLAN which didn't run stable enough. Since I connected server and client with LAN all these disconnections have stopped.
René

Hi René
Thanks a lot for your comment. Since I connect all PC's through LAN, I couldn't reproduce the error either. It looks like the problem is solved when running all on LAN.
Cool, thanks :-)
Regards
Adrian

romeow
11-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Your're welcome! Nice to hear that you solved the problem.
Regards
René

jeehell
11-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Hi,

@Leonidas: I'll have a look at your issues if I can find them.

The latest version:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B31.1.exe

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
11-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi,
@Leonidas: I'll have a look at your issues if I can find them.
The latest version:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B31.1.exe
Regards,
JL

Will it be available via live update?

jeehell
11-26-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi Leonidas,

No, I need to change aot of code in the updater. I'll work on that soon, bu for now no auto update.

JL

filippoporcari
11-26-2013, 09:21 AM
hi jl,
may we update "on top" of the old b31? or do u suggest an unistall of the previous version?
cheers
filippo

jeehell
11-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Just install over the B31.0

Leonidas
11-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Just install over the B31.0

Most my problems solved with B31, except this very annoying one: "FLAPS NOT IN T.O CONFIG" red message on EWD and MASTER WARN with aural alert, just after landing, if I put flaps to 0 position. Pushing MW, its light turns off (the message on EWD remains) and stops for a while, but then it starts again during taxiing to the gate.

Best Regards

stefangr
11-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Most my problems solved with B31, except this very annoying one: "FLAPS NOT IN T.O CONFIG" red message on EWD and MASTER WARN with aural alert, just after landing, if I put flaps to 0 position. Pushing MW, its light turns off (the message on EWD remains) and stops for a while, but then it starts again during taxiing to the gate.

Best Regards

Hi Leonidas,

which hardware do you use to simulate the T/O Config Test button on upper pedestal?

Regards
Stefan

Leonidas
11-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi Leonidas,
which hardware do you use to simulate the T/O Config Test button on upper pedestal?
Regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan.
I use Cockpitsonic ECAM CP USB.
Regards

romeow
11-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Strange! I've got the same FLAPS NOT IN T.O CONFIG "problem" after landing but using fscockpit hardware.
Regards
René

stefangr
11-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Strange! I've got the same FLAPS NOT IN T.O CONFIG "problem" after landing but using fscockpit hardware.
Regards
René

OK, then it obviously has nothing to do with the hardware. I had this idea because I had this problem also some time ago, and it was about assigning the actions for the hardware buttons within the setup of the hardware.

Regards
Stefan

jeehell
11-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi

The hardware theory is very likely to be the answer in fact. The TO CONFIG button requires the pushed IN and OUT actions to be sent to the software as it has to be kept IN for the warnings to come up on the EWD. I probably missed than when writing the EHID driver. And FSCockpit developper as well.
I'll have a look right away.

JL

jeehell
11-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Leonidas please try this version of the EHID driver then report if you still get this issue:
http://www.jeehell.org/EHIDmodule.dll

JL

AUA171
11-29-2013, 06:41 AM
Hi!

I still have an issue with the ND. It shows the flightplan in a strange way.
I'm running ND and PFD on a client PC. I copied the Navdata files as well. Other WPTs, VORs, etc. are shown correctly.

Any idea or hint what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for help!
Christian

jeehell
11-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Hi,

When this happens, you can try to do the following:
- close FMGS Server and ND
- go to task manager-> services tab
- look for FMGSnavDB service and do right click->stop then right click ->start.
-Run server and NDs again.

Regards,
JL

AUA171
11-29-2013, 07:52 AM
Hi JL!

It's magic. It's working now.
I hope I won't have to do this procedure all the time when I booted my PCs?

Thanks for quick help!
Christian

AirFan
11-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi JL,

may I ask what you've added in 31.1? Could you solve the phantom waypoint issue on the NDs?

I got a general question about NAV and auto tuning. After a regular cold and dark start up, the ACFT tunes the VORs automatically. Now imagine you want to tune manually, so you punch in your desired frequency, fine.... but how do you now reset it to autotuning? I heard something about adding a "M" in the frequency for "Manual" tuning? How did you implement it?

And have you touched the pitch down during flare?

B31... is real nice & smooth.

Thumbs up!

Robert

@ ALL: Is anybody using the new VGA MCDU from Flight Deck Solutions with this great A320 software? If so, please get in touch with me...

filippoporcari
11-29-2013, 09:54 AM
robert,
to reset autotune just push CLR key on MCDU the LSK next to the manually tuned vor....and the magic happens :-)
regards
fil

jeehell
11-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Hi Robert,

The 31.1 is jsut a few tiny bugs correction, nothing big.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
11-30-2013, 04:12 AM
Leonidas please try this version of the EHID driver then report if you still get this issue:
http://www.jeehell.org/EHIDmodule.dll
JL

It's OK now with the red message, but Cockpitsonic's ECAM CP doesn't work properly. You can push just the ALL button and the lower ECAM shows all screens one by one every 1 sec, but you can't stop it until the end of the flight. Also, the LEDs don't turn on.
Regards

startrail
11-30-2013, 04:56 AM

Best Regards

have the same problem

jeehell
11-30-2013, 07:04 AM
Hi,

@Leonidas: please download this one: http://www.jeehell.org/EHIDmodule.dll it should correct the ALL button issue.
As for the buttons LEDs, if I remember correctly we never had this one settled down. I'll contact you by mail.

@Startrail: if you use FScockpit drivers, you need to tell them that there is an issue with their driver. Their driver does not send the "button released" action, which blocks the TO CONF button in the DOWN position, and so you will always get this message.

Regards,
JL

startrail
11-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks a lot. Will advise FSCOCKPIT.

romeow
11-30-2013, 12:14 PM
So do I! Make assurance double sure ;)
René

stefangr
11-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Hi,

When this happens, you can try to do the following:
- close FMGS Server and ND
- go to task manager-> services tab
- look for FMGSnavDB service and do right click->stop then right click ->start.
-Run server and NDs again.

Regards,
JL

Hi JL,

I am having the same problem as well, and your workaround helps. But I need to do that every time after the PC has started. Is there any chance to avoid this?

Thanks
Stefan

Leonidas
11-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi,
@Leonidas: please download this one: http://www.jeehell.org/EHIDmodule.dll it should correct the ALL button issue.
As for the buttons LEDs, if I remember correctly we never had this one settled down. I'll contact you by mail.
Regards,
JL

Yes, the ALL button issue corrected, but the other buttons don't work yet.
I don't know if it has some relation with it, but the PFD at two clients don't close after I shut down the FMGS server. (Message: "Aceess violation at address...")
Regards

jeehell
11-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Stefan, I'm still looking into it. I do not know why it won't correctly load on your system, I personnaly do not have any issues with it...
There should be a log file inside navdata folder, can you post it?

Leonidas: the issue you mention is not related to the ECAM issues.
JL

startrail
12-01-2013, 08:28 AM
HI JL

AFTER INSTALLING B31.1 HAVE TRIED TO CALIBRATE SAITEK BRAKES BUT COULD NOT. ON PRESSING THE TOE IT JUST FREEZES ON THE FULL DOWN BUT NEVER RETURNS IN ORDER TO CALIBRATE FULL AFT. HAVE TESTED ON THE COMPUTER SYSTEM AND ARE OPERATING PERFECTLY.

ON THE OTHER HAND , I AM UNABLE TO SAVE THE ROUTES.

THANKS

jeehell
12-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi,

Sometimes the calibration gauge "freezes" but the numeric value is still showing the correct value, please check that.
There are no other users reporting issues with these particular axes.

The CO/PIL RTE function was deactivated on purpose, I'll put it back in a future version.

Regards,
JL

stefangr
12-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi JL,

I will send you a log file as soon as I make the next test.

Is it possible that the EFOB calculation on the FPLN page of MCDU is not correct? It is always very different to the one on FUEL-PRED page, sometimes 3 or 4 tons below, sometimes above. It looks the FUEL-PRED value is OK.

Besides that: thanks for the new version, very good!! What I like especially:
- Rudder trim calibration on FO side is working great now
- I have my triple click back again after disconnecting A/T or A/P
- Traffic display for FS9 on ND was fixed and I can use TA/RA mode again :)
- ND is running very smooth

Thanks!
Stefan

jeehell
12-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi,

Yes the are issues with ful calculations, I'll work on them on future versions, it has always been very difficult to get accurate results in all conditions.

JL

stefangr
12-03-2013, 03:28 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for your efforts. I am having once more question regarding the NavData and entering a route in MCDU. I am trying to enter the following route which was generated by PFPX:

EDDF TOBA8D TOBAK Z10 GISEM N850 PIROT UL126 ROBEG N850 NIE Z88 VERED VERE2P EDDW

This is what I do in MCDU on Flight Plan page (after setting up INIT page etc.):
- Enter waypoint TOBAK
- Select entered waypoint, choose AIRWAYS
- Enter 1st airway Z10
- Enter 2nd airway N850 -> MCDU responds with "GISEM" in column "TO" (which matches the above routing)
- Enter 3rd airway UL126 -> MCDU reponds with "MIC" in column "TO" (which should be PIROT according the above routing).

Is anybody else encountering the same problem? Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Stefan

asessa
12-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for your efforts. I am having once more question regarding the NavData and entering a route in MCDU. I am trying to enter the following route which was generated by PFPX:

EDDF TOBA8D TOBAK Z10 GISEM N850 PIROT UL126 ROBEG N850 NIE Z88 VERED VERE2P EDDW

This is what I do in MCDU on Flight Plan page (after setting up INIT page etc.):
- Enter waypoint TOBAK
- Select entered waypoint, choose AIRWAYS
- Enter 1st airway Z10
- Enter 2nd airway N850 -> MCDU responds with "GISEM" in column "TO" (which matches the above routing)
- Enter 3rd airway UL126 -> MCDU reponds with "MIC" in column "TO" (which should be PIROT according the above routing).

Is anybody else encountering the same problem? Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Stefan

Maybe, it occourse because UL126 airway ends at MIC, you have to insert also exit waypoint , in this case ROBEG , in TO field.

jeehell
12-03-2013, 05:59 AM
HI,

I'll try that when I have the time to. Sometimes there are small glitches in the AWY. YOu can always enter the points manually.

Regards,
JL

stefangr
12-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Maybe, it occourse because UL126 airway ends at MIC, you have to insert also exit waypoint , in this case ROBEG , in TO field.

Normally I don't need to enter the waypoints between airways, only the final waypoint before transition into STAR. In all other cases the system normally knows where airways cross and takes this as waypoint between the airways.

In this case I would normally expect only to enter TOBAK-Z10-N850-UL126-N850-Z88-VERED

Stefan

AirFan
12-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi JL,

#1 after some flights I have a really relevant issue with hardware connect module. Every once in a while the module keeps crashing. Any idea? I experienced it the first time with 31.1 but maybe it was there before. Did you touch it with your last upgrade? Anybody experiencing the same?

#2 I dont know how other users handle the manual flare but in my case it is REALLY REALLY hard job as the aircraft seems to handle completly different after a really quick transitions between the 40 and 30 call out. I am aware of the issue about the too hard/quick pitch down command but is there any other change in the control loop when your software puts the ACFT in FLARE MODE?

#3 Is there any way to fix issues in the new nav data set as this is not in ascii code anymore? I.e. go to YMLT on Tasmania/Australia runway 32. Almost all SID look strange after first fix on that airport.

Thank you and regards,
Robert

stefangr
12-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Hi JL,

#1 after some flights I have a really relevant issue with hardware connect module. Every once in a while the module keeps crashing. Any idea? I experienced it the first time with 31.1 but maybe it was there before. Did you touch it with your last upgrade? Anybody experiencing the same?

#2 I dont know how other users handle the manual flare but in my case it is REALLY REALLY hard job as the aircraft seems to handle completly different after a really quick transitions between the 40 and 30 call out. I am aware of the issue about the too hard/quick pitch down command but is there any other change in the control loop when your software puts the ACFT in FLARE MODE?

#3 Is there any way to fix issues in the new nav data set as this is not in ascii code anymore? I.e. go to YMLT on Tasmania/Australia runway 32. Almost all SID look strange after first fix on that airport.

Thank you and regards,
Robert

Hi Rob,

#1: The same for me. I have experienced a crash of the hardware connect module from time to time already in version 30, but it looks it's happening more often in 31.

#2: It's sometimes really hard to make a smooth landing when the A/C is moving down at 30ft. Landing was easier before version 30 :-)

Thanks
Stefan

stefangr
12-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Stefan, I'm still looking into it. I do not know why it won't correctly load on your system, I personnaly do not have any issues with it...
There should be a log file inside navdata folder, can you post it?

JL

Hi JL,

these are the log files after a fresh PC boot without restarting the service manually.
On Server PC:

RootPath=C:\A320FMGS31\Navdata\
Thread1 launched
-BGL scan:
-FSroot:C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\
-Folders Nb:123
Thread2 launched
Server init OK
-FS ILS Nb:3460

NavDB1 done:
-ARPTliste:14484
-NavaidListe:18236
-FIXliste:177692
-AWYsegments:94492

NavDB2 done:

393478: connected

On Client PC (where NDs are running on):

Thread1 launched
-BGL scan:
-ScenerycfgPath:
-FSroot:
-Folders Nb:0
Thread2 launched
Server init OK

NavDB1 done:

NavDB2 done:

3277068: connected
4784186: connected

these are the log files after I have restarted the services on both PCs manually:
On Server PC:

Thread1 launched
-BGL scan:
-FSroot:C:\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\
-Folders Nb:123
Thread2 launched
Server init OK
-FS ILS Nb:3460

NavDB1 done:

NavDB2 done:

131162: connected

On Client PC (where NDs are running on):

Thread1 launched
-BGL scan:
-ScenerycfgPath:
-FSroot:
-Folders Nb:0
Thread2 launched
Server init OK

NavDB1 done:

NavDB2 done:

115278156: connected
14549050: connected

I think it almost looks the same (except for the last lines with "connected"). The only thing making me wonder are the paths. I am having FS9 and FSX both installed on the PC, but using mainly FS9 still (FSX only for testing). I am starting JLWare with the FS9 starter of course. But on the other hand, the folders are on FSX as well after restarting the services, and then it works fine.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
12-04-2013, 05:26 AM
Hi,

@Rob:
#1: no changes from my side. What hardware do you use? Turn the loggind on in hardware connect, might give you some more clues.

#2: I made some small changes yes in other control laws, what are the exact issues you have?

#3: not possible manually anymore. I'll have a try at YMLT when I get the chance to have some free time.

@Stefan: If you have both sim installed, the software will use by default FSX for its navdata needs. It is only used to correlate ILS data between navdata and FS (to remove offset on ILS approach). You can change the path manually if you want, just make it point to the fodler where FSscenery.cfg is located.
I'm still working on fixing the initial startup crash (which results in no data loading). By the way, any difference between those computers which can indicate why it worked on one and not the other?

Regards,
JL

AirFan
12-04-2013, 06:00 AM
Hi,

@Rob:
#1: no changes from my side. What hardware do you use? Turn the loggind on in hardware connect, might give you some more clues.

#2: I made some small changes yes in other control laws, what are the exact issues you have?

Hi JL,

#1 I use the Skalarki FCU. Rest is OC driven. I will take a look at the loggin feature and report back.

#2 Well, everything is ok up to ~ 40ft-30ft AGL before touchdown. The ACFT does this rapid pitch down which you need to compensate just on time otherwise you pitch up or the ACFT ram itself into the ground. Sometimes you pull full back stick due to the pitch down effect and all of a sudden the ACFT is pitching up rapidly with a positiv rate of climb. As Stefan said, the landing was way better in early versions before b30.

In general I also noticed that the roll command became abit "woobly". When you release the stick the ACFT seems to overswing too much in roll. Setting a precise bank by "first time right" is not so simple.

#3 and sometimes during the TO run, the Autoland korry just flashes for a really short time??? Any idea?

#4 Besides ATHR is still pumping, I got another not so relevant questions for the ECAM with respect to the mysterious blue Arcs on N1 indicators :) --> My understand is that the blue arcs should show the actual engine N1 speeds if there is any delta between actual N1 speed and lever position. I.e. you are at idle and you put the levers to TOGA quickly. The blue arc would start from idle speed all the way up to TOGA N1 and disappear. So it shows you the spool up.
But how about a rapid reduction of applied Thurst? So you put the levers from TOGA to idle? I would expect that the blue arc is full up to TOGA and then reducing its size down to idle following the applied lever position. But that is not the case. I dont really get the logic of this indicator in your software. Could you explain it?

#5 and sometimes during TO right after rotation/lift off the managed NAV solid green flight path becomes dashed??? Any idea?

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
12-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Hi,

All persons having issues with hardwareconnect use Skalarki hardware. I'm quite sure the issue lies in his DLL module for hardware connect...

The N1 blue arc should be between actual N1 and commanded N1 (which can be different than THR LVR position). In some cases, this does not work properly yet, but this is not an important issue.

After lift off, it can be that NAV mode does not engage because the trajectory is a bot off the normal NAV trajectory. Do you get an "adjust hdg/trk" message on the MCDU?

Regards,
JL

AirFan
12-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Hi,

All persons having issues with hardwareconnect use Skalarki hardware. I'm quite sure the issue lies in his DLL module for hardware connect...

The N1 blue arc should be between actual N1 and commanded N1 (which can be different than THR LVR position). In some cases, this does not work properly yet, but this is not an important issue.

After lift off, it can be that NAV mode does not engage because the trajectory is a bot off the normal NAV trajectory. Do you get an "adjust hdg/trk" message on the MCDU?

Regards,
JL

well, it is a pitty that alot of users seem to have some issues with the connection to your SW when using Skalarki. For the NAV issue: Yes... sometimes it pops up on the MCDU. Maybe you can play with the accucarcy limits in these first seconds of flight to avoid this behaviour.

Well, my home-pit has been sold and will be picked up before christmas from his new owner. However, I will probably start a new construction. So I will stick with your great SW but there will be a break as I will have no hardware and subsequently this will affect the feedback to you from my side.

Great Software!!!!

Cheers,
Robert

stefangr
12-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi Robert,

what a pity that you sold your cockpit! You always had good and interesting comments here and also nice videos created from your cockpit. I hope you will get a new one soon :)

I spoke with Marcin about the Hardware Connect problem, and he will be in touch with JL now to find the root cause for our crash problems.

Thanks
Stefan

skalarki
12-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi,

Regards,
JL

I will contact JL regarding this problem and we will find solution. Cross check should give us a good result.

To all users with this problem, please see in Hardware Modules folder for any text file with .log extension and send it to me.

Thanks, Marcin

filippoporcari
12-04-2013, 10:20 AM
thx marcin!
great support....as usual :-)
regards
filippo

stefangr
12-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi,

I'm still working on fixing the initial startup crash (which results in no data loading). By the way, any difference between those computers which can indicate why it worked on one and not the other?

Regards,
JL

Hi JL,

I am not sure what you mean. One PC is the server and one is the client. Server is running FS9, FMGS Server and Skalarki profiler. Client is running all FMGS display modules (PDF, ND, SD, MCDU etc.). The FMGS NAV service starts on both machines, but I need to shut down and restart services on both machines to get NAV data displayed correctly in ND and MCDU for example.

Let me know if you need any more logs, details, examples or screenshots.

Thanks
Stefan

AirFan
12-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi Robert,

what a pity that you sold your cockpit! You always had good and interesting comments here and also nice videos created from your cockpit. I hope you will get a new one soon :)

I spoke with Marcin about the Hardware Connect problem, and he will be in touch with JL now to find the root cause for our crash problems.

Thanks
Stefan

Stefan,

Thank you for comment. As I said, I will stick to the software anyways and there are some plans to create a new cockpit in the near future. Just a slightly better one :)

Once again, a big Thank you to JL for this awesome project. Keep it that way!

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
12-05-2013, 05:29 AM
Hi Stefan,

Ok from the logs you posted it seemed on the server computer the data was correctly loaded at computer startup...

Anyway, I'm working on thos issues.

Regards,
JL

Space
12-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Please info, if problem with Skalarki connect is solved. I´ll wait for that.
Another question:
I currently use B30. Should i start the new B31 normaly with the exe and put in an seperate B31-Directory or should i overwrite the existing B30? What about my saved screen positions? What about my programmed inputs of knobs, levers and sidesticks?

Andy

jeehell
12-05-2013, 09:16 AM
You will need to wait for news from Marcin himslef...
If you want to use B31, you should install in a new folder.
You can copy all hardware files, they did not change. As for screen positions, in this version there can be changes for some of the instruments, I don't recall which one exactly (but most probably ND and PFD have different file formats).

JL

stefangr
12-05-2013, 03:12 PM
You will need to wait for news from Marcin himslef...
If you want to use B31, you should install in a new folder.
You can copy all hardware files, they did not change. As for screen positions, in this version there can be changes for some of the instruments, I don't recall which one exactly (but most probably ND and PFD have different file formats).

JL

For me only ND and PDF needed to be repositioned and resized, all others were at the right place when using the old cfg files.

Stefan

SimStar001
12-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Hello Jeehell, first of all I have to say that I am changing my system now back from PM to your Software. Congratulations!

When I am setting up the displays, I have the problem that I cant save and set the AntiAnalysing. When I am adjust the AA the software shows hint, that I have to restart the software, so that AA could be changed. I press OK and restart the Software, but AA wont be save as I setted it up once before.

Do you have an idea what is going wrong or what I am doing wrong?

Best Reagards!

Marco

startrail
12-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi JL;

After installing b31.1 i have had some problems:

- I can not calibrate the Rudder in FMGS config. When starting a flight I can not see any movement of the rudder despite it shows it of ECAM FLT CTRL. When reaching speed of 100 the rudder shifts suddenly to the right and becomes controallable but keeps swaying slightly left and right all the time.Have tested Saitek rudder on other computers besides mine and it is working perfectly.
- In hardware connect keeps showing EHID socket Error EHID disconnect.

I am using FScockpit .

Thanks

Mike

jeehell
12-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Hi Marco,

Try the following to save AA setting: after quitting the "options window', right click then "save position". Close, the software, and restgart, it should do it.

Regards,
JL

SimStar001
12-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi Jeehell, thanks for help, AA settings could be saved this way. It works. I´ve got now another problem. I want to use the ISIS for Stby Instrumentation. But ISIS will be visible for about 1 seconod after starting up Stby Instruments, thereafter ISIS screen stays black. Do you have an idea what is going wrong here?

Best Regards

Marco

jeehell
12-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Hi,

did you get the http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B31.1.exe ?

startrail
12-07-2013, 02:45 AM
Hi JL;

After installing b31.1 i have had some problems:

- I can not calibrate the Rudder in FMGS config. When starting a flight I can not see any movement of the rudder despite it shows it of ECAM FLT CTRL. When reaching speed of 100 the rudder shifts suddenly to the right and becomes controallable but keeps swaying slightly left and right all the time.Have tested Saitek rudder on other computers besides mine and it is working perfectly.
- In hardware connect keeps showing EHID socket Error EHID disconnect.

I am using FScockpit .

Thanks

Mike

Hi JL

Further to above, I have reinstalled B31 instead of B31.1 and everything is working perfectly. So the problem is originating from B31.1.

jeehell
12-07-2013, 06:05 AM
Hi startrail,

please check the calibration of rudder and of tiller.

JL

startrail
12-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi startrail,

please check the calibration of rudder and of tiller.

JL

I did did when I had B31.1 . Tiller working well , rudder very difficult to calibrate as with the slightest touch it shifts either full right or left during calibration. During flight I could not see any response from rudder when using the pedals even tough it is showing movement in FLT CTRL . Control of rudder becomes possible when airborne but still shifting to the right.

in B31 all these disappeared and everything back to normal.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION

MIKE

jeehell
12-08-2013, 05:12 AM
You may want to recalibrate your rudder axis in windows prior to calibrating in my software. Go to Control Panel ->devices and printers.

Regarding the EHID driver, you probably did not look closely during installation and installed it without needing. Go to FMGS\Hardware Modules folder and delete EHIDmodule.dll.

Regards,
JL

startrail
12-08-2013, 06:25 AM
You may want to recalibrate your rudder axis in windows prior to calibrating in my software. Go to Control Panel ->devices and printers.

Regarding the EHID driver, you probably did not look closely during installation and installed it without needing. Go to FMGS\Hardware Modules folder and delete EHIDmodule.dll.

Regards,
JL

I have aver calibrated under windows 3 times and reinstalled b31.1 equally but in vain.
now in B31 it is working perfectly

Regards

SimStar001
12-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi,

did you get the http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B31.1.exe ?

No BETA 31.0.... as soon as Server Starts, display goes into black....

How to create the NavData? (on server Start there comes an error message.... ".... navrecord.dat" not found

jeehell
12-08-2013, 03:46 PM
HI

@SimStar:Try b31.1, I think it solved that issue.
The navdata has to be purchased from aerosoft. Their application should put the files where they should be.

@Startrail: can you put a screenshot of FMGS config?

Regards,
JL

SimStar001
12-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Problem with Stby ISIS solved with Beta31.1

NEW PROBLEM WITH TILLER.

Cant control Aircraft with Tiller. only with pedels....
What can be the problem?

startrail
12-10-2013, 12:15 PM
HI

@SimStar:Try b31.1, I think it solved that issue.
The navdata has to be purchased from aerosoft. Their application should put the files where they should be.

@Startrail: can you put a screenshot of FMGS config?

Regards,
JL

The photo of b31.1 fmgs server

startrail
12-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Photo of fmgs b31.1 config

jeehell
12-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi,

I'll have a look in the next days at both your issues.

Regards
JL

startrail
12-11-2013, 04:37 AM
Hi Jl;

If you have noticed that on top of the FMGS server appears "button 2" which is not in any other version.

Jerec
12-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Hi JL,

after some testflights i found one issue and have another request:

1. EFIS FO ARPT is not working, all other items are displayed, even after a clean install, airports are not shown. On CS-Side everything is fine.

2. Will it be possible in any future to save a situation, e.g. just before takeoff or landing? At this time, practising landings takes long time, because you have to do a complete traffic pattern to try again.

Regards Henrik

immaging
12-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Hi JL.

I installed the b31.1 , it's ok , but i have a problem, in the pc server work fine , in the client pc i have a error message for WideFmgs , overflow error in the widefmgs.exe.
I see the particular when install fmgs in the client pc, in the Widefmgs Forder i d'nt have a widefmgs.exe file , only widefmgsserver.exe file. it's correct?

Regards

Daniele

SimStar001
12-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi JL,

I´ve got nothing displayed on the NDs when selecting any item on EFIS CS or FO, except the route I have inserted in the MCDU.
Any Idea why?

// Beta 31.1 is running

Regards Marco

jeehell
12-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Hi all,

The latest version: http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B31.2.exe
There is no more any "navdata service". It has been replaced by a single application on server computer (which gets minimized automatically).
It should correct all navdata issues on NDs and at startup. Install on ALL clients.

@Navigraph fans: maybe they will add support for my software in the next weeks, we'll see.

@ALL:
- So far I could not find any issue with the tiller/rudder.
- Please when you install the software, READ what is asked. You must ONLY install what YOU NEED. Leave out hardware modules if you don't own them and Install FMGS server ONLY on server computer.

@Daniele: if you don't have the wideFMGS.exe on clients computer, you need to reinstall the software there, AND MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT INSTALL FMGS server on the clients

@Jerec: 2: no sorry that won't happen soon I think.

@Startrail: the button2 has no incidence on anything you encounter. I jsut forgot to remove it before releasing.

Regards,
JL

filippoporcari
12-13-2013, 07:43 AM
yesterday night had a little time for the sim, so installed 31.2 on top of 31.1 on both server & client pcs...when launching FMGS on server pc i got an error message saying the .dat file (navdata 1) was in use from another application.
tried quitting and restarting FMGS but the error appeared over and over.
had no time to close windows and restart.
am i doing something wrong? or do i need to follow a precise procedure jl?
regards
filippo

AUA171
12-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Hi Filippo!

I didn't tested so far, but installing on top of 31.1 would not stop and remove the FMGSnavDB service, which has been replaced by a client application as JL wrote in his last post. So the .dat file is most probably still in use by the FMGSnavDB service.
Maybe permanently disabling the service will help or simply uninstall 31.1 first.

Christian

filippoporcari
12-13-2013, 08:43 AM
the service was stopped as per installer....even if i suppose the issue comes from there!
thanks anyway
fil

jeehell
12-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi

The installer should have uninstalled the service. If it is no longer marked as running then the problem is probably in the new navdb app.
Try to run the software manually, or rename the navdb app to another name and run it after the fmgs server has started.

I'll look at that tonight.

JL

filippoporcari
12-13-2013, 10:29 AM
thx jl!
maybe just a local problem on my rig...i'll investigate and report
fil

jeehell
12-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Hi again,

I found a bug related to the error message with the report Fillipo had.
Download again the B31.2 and reinstall over previous installation, it should do the trick.

Regards,
JL

filippoporcari
12-13-2013, 04:43 PM
thanks so much JL....
fil

filippoporcari
12-13-2013, 06:33 PM
just tried new 31.2:
yesterday got the error message referring to navdata1....today same error but referring to navdata2!
any idea?
should i try a fresh install uninstalling completely fmgs?
i checked and the old service had been removed and not running of course!
which other application could use the .dat file???
regards
fil

jeehell
12-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi all,

I put the auto update back online. There is already one new update available which should fix the navdata bug at FMGS Server startup.

Regards,
JL

filippoporcari
12-14-2013, 08:15 AM
great job JL!!! and fast!!!!
just used the autoupdate and the navdata issues are gone!
just great mate!
all the best
fil

jeehell
12-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi,

You're welcome.

I put a new quick update as well, it should correct steering issues during take off roll.

Regards,
JL

filippoporcari
12-14-2013, 07:30 PM
hi JL,
installed the very last update this evening as well...but even if the error about navdata never showed up again...both mcdus show XXXX at navdata...today for a couple of times during my startups/shutdown for various testing reasons the correct navdata cycle appeared loaded and displaied on mcdu...but mostly i'm getting XXXX.
i tried launching FMGS before FS (p3d 1.4) but when i do this i cannot succeed starting the APU: don't ask me why!!??!!
with previous versions i always started p3d first then fmgs.
hope this makes sense to u
all the best
filippo

jeehell
12-14-2013, 07:34 PM
In navdata folder on FMGS server you have a log file called logNDB.txt, I need to see what's in it.

JL

janinp
12-15-2013, 05:39 AM
H JH,
Since last update through the updater I now cannot access the naddata trough the ND on the Client PC (MCDU is on the the server PC, the datas are accessed with strange behaviour i.e. LFPG/LFML = 2935 NM !!). Here is the log (there seems to be a simconnect issue) :
RootPath=D:\A320FMGS\Navdata\
Thread1 launched
-BGL scan:
-FSroot:D:\FSX\
-Folders Nb:208
Thread2 launched
Server init OK
-FS ILS Nb:5

NavDB1 done:

NavDB2 done:

Simconnect connected
262198: connected
262198: error
262198: disconnected
458938: connected
458938: error
458938: disconnected
524474: connected
524474: error
524474: disconnected

Can you help me ?
Pierre

Edit : seems to be ok now as the fmgsnavdb was also executed on the client PC. When I stopped it, and restart the service on the server pc, it works again.

jeehell
12-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi all,

VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL:
It is necessary the first time after installation to run the FMGS software FIRST BEFORE FS9/X/P3D, and wait for a couple minutes before running FS.

This is because FS protects some files (even for read only access).

JL

filippoporcari
12-15-2013, 11:03 AM
thanks for the advice JL!
just made a fresh installation, checked the scenery.cfg path and corrected it...launched fmgs and now it seems to have built all the databases (also the fs one which was missing before).
checked on client navdata folder but both navdata 1& 2 were empty: do we have to manually copy the .dat in those folder? on the client pc where NDs run.
filippo

filippoporcari
12-15-2013, 11:10 AM
when powering AC buses and mcdus come alive they show on both active navdata db XXXX
...what could i be missing?
fil

jeehell
12-15-2013, 11:18 AM
The clients do not need the navdata, only the navdb.dll file.
After building the database, did you stop and start everything again, starting with FS?

JL

filippoporcari
12-15-2013, 12:04 PM
not restarted everything :-)
after restarting everything ALL was ok and made my first test flight with the skakarki hardware :-)
but i started fmgs first...next time i'll try starting p3d first and see if everything is fine.
thanks JL...i think u got everything fixed and sorted out!
fil

alotfont
12-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi JL!, Looks awesome,

I have just one question... I cant find out how you connect two networked computers, I have searched on the guides included but couldnt get it working... What should I run on each one?,

Thanks again JL !!

Space
12-15-2013, 02:00 PM
@Jeehell: what did i wrong?
"XXXX" is on MCDU.
Do have a nacrecord.dat file (66.332kb) in the navdata Folder.

That is my logndb:
*18:49:01* NavDBapp Launched
*18:49:03* RootPath=C:\A320FMGS\Navdata\
*18:49:03* Thread1 launched
*18:49:03* -BGL scan:
*18:49:03* -ScenerycfgPath:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
*18:49:03* -FSroot:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\
*18:49:04* Thread2 launched
*18:49:04* C:\A320FMGS\Navdata\navdata2\\navrecord.dat does not exist
*18:49:04* Server init OK
*18:49:04* -Folders Nb:123
*18:49:30* -FS ILS Nb:3462
*18:49:30* C:\A320FMGS\Navdata\navdata1\\navrecord.dat does not exist
*18:49:31*
*18:49:31* NavDB1 failed at:
*18:49:31* Server closed
*18:49:31* FAIL
*18:49:31*
*18:49:31* ****
*18:49:31* RootPath=C:\A320FMGS\Navdata\
*18:49:31* Thread1 launched
*18:49:31* -BGL scan:
*18:49:31* -ScenerycfgPath:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
*18:49:31* -FSroot:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\
*18:49:31* Thread2 launched
*18:49:31* C:\A320FMGS\Navdata\navdata2\\navrecord.dat does not exist
*18:49:31* Server init OK
*18:49:31* -Folders Nb:123
*18:49:32* -FS ILS Nb:3462
*18:49:32* C:\A320FMGS\Navdata\navdata1\\navrecord.dat does not exist
*18:49:40* quit

jeehell
12-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Hi

To have the network running, you just need to set up the software correctly during installation (IP address of the Server PC, I really suggest you leav the default ports).
Then run FSXstarter or starter software (depending on the version of FS you use).
Also, it is CRITICAL to only install ONLY what is required on each computer. NEVER install the server on a client PC.
Your firewall also must be set to allow external connection on the network.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
12-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Space: you don't have the navdata installed in the correct folders. Either Aerosoft installer failed, or you changed the path to which it should put the data. Make sure you get the navrecord.dat file from Aerosoft in both C:\A320FMGS\Navdata\navdata1 and C:\A320FMGS\Navdata\navdata2 folders.

JL

alotfont
12-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Thank you very much JL!!, its working now... sorry , it was a silly mistake!! I love your Software!! its amazing!,

Andrès

filippoporcari
12-15-2013, 06:48 PM
after your suggestion i can now start p3d first then fmgs and the navdata are there!
thanks a lot JL
fil

jeehell
12-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi All,

If you can get VOR/NDB/ARPT/WPT display on remote ND do the following:
1) on your ND PC, navigate to the FMGS\Navdata folder
2) There you have a file called FSScenery.cfg
3) Add the following line if it's not already there:
IP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is of course the IP opf your main FMGS cServe computer. Of course, if the line exists, check it's the correct IP.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
12-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi to all
After last live update the first 4 out of 5 issues I've mentioned at #54 are solved! The 5th remains, but without any incidence in FCU functionality.
I don't know if another user write it, but the A/C banks left and right when Ι try to land with AP-APR, even if I engage both APs.
Regards

tom19
12-19-2013, 04:07 AM
I don't know if another user write it, but the A/C banks left and right when Ι try to land with AP-APR, even if I engage both APs.

I have same issue when landing with ILS...

Tommi

Leonidas
12-21-2013, 07:37 AM
I have same issue when landing with ILS...
Tommi

After last update this dissapeared, but the clients don't shut down after server, reapeared...
Regards

Space
12-21-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi Jeehell,
Now Network is running, MCDU shows the correct EIRAC and i can program the route. But the ND doesn`t show that, also ARPT, NDB etc is not diplayed. he fscenery.cfg sho the correct IP of my Server. ND runs on a Client.

What do i wrong?

jeehell
12-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi,

I think you messed up the installation completely after updating probably from an older version. I do not know exactly. The software DOES work.
You can try to uninstall the software completely. Then start again from B31.2 package and update to latest versions.
Remember to ONLY install what you need (DO NOT install SERVER on clients!!!).

Tomorrow I will try to make a new release with all the latest files. You'll have to uninstall everything then install that new version if it still does not work by then.

JL

Space
12-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Hmm, i did all the autoupdate on Server and 3 Clients. I did not install a Server on Clients. and i install only that modules i Need. And i changed the ports in Network Connection, all 1 up. Is it righ that the 66MB navdata file is only needed on Server in Navdata 1 & 2 Folder and NOT on the Clients running CS ND and FO ND?

jeehell
12-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes navdata is required only on Server PC.

Why did you change the ports? do you use those for another application? You're sure you set the ports correctly on all computers?

What does not work exactly on the NDs?
What is your computer distribution?

JL

Space
12-22-2013, 03:07 AM
I Heard from Problems with the default Ports some versions before, so i did change them since them. I will Check again the Ports, but if wrong, the network won't rund at all, wouldn't it? i use the whole setup only for FSX.
The Route is not displayed, but airbus is following it. Also waypoints, ndb etc are not displayed.
Pc is a 3ghz dualcore with 4gb RAM and 256mb grafic. At Version b30 all was Fine and i had no Problems, than the non displayed Route fault Starts, i droped here a Thread and you answered that you will no longer Support the old one.

janinp
12-22-2013, 04:45 AM
Hi JH,
Still not resolved the display of the wpt vor ndb arpt on client ND. IP is ok. Log on navdata folder on the Server pc is :
RootPath=D:\A320FMGS\Navdata\
Thread1 launched
-BGL scan:
-FSroot:D:\FSX\
-Folders Nb:208
Thread2 launched
Server init OK
-FS ILS Nb:5

NavDB1 done:

NavDB2 done:

1179834: connected
1179834: error
1179834: disconnected
393316: connected
393316: error
393316: disconnected
458852: connected

does this ring any bell ?

Pierre

jeehell
12-22-2013, 06:58 AM
@Space: to test if the issue is on your network, did you try to run the ND on the server computer?

@Janinp: you do not have the latest update, please update.

JL

buentead
12-22-2013, 07:50 AM
I have an MCDU question: I do have two MCDU's from FlightDeckSolutions configured to work with ProjectMagenta. Hence, some of the key assignments are not the same as with FMGS MCDU.

Is there a possibility to assign different keys inside FMGS MCDU, e.g. instead of Shift-F1 like Ctrl-F1?

Adrian

jeehell
12-22-2013, 08:32 AM
If you use FDS MCDUs, you must use the dedicated hardware module you'll find in my package. I won't support any method with FDS interfaceIT MCS software or else.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
12-22-2013, 09:29 AM
I don't have a subscription to Aerosoft NavDataPro -- is there a way we can use a trial version or an alternative substitute?

jeehell
12-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Hello,

For now there is no alternative. Navigraph will maybe add support, but they still haven't decided yet.

JL

OmniAtlas
12-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Ah that is unfortunate - there is no way to use level-d data anymore?

I've only used your software for a short while -- still experimenting but it functions great so far! I think I might switch from building a 737 to an airbus!

for some reason I can't get the configured joysticks in the program to function - I am using prepar3d 2.0 and have started the fsuipc link program in the server directory. Am I doing something wrong? Controls work if directly programmed in FSUIPC

jeehell
12-22-2013, 10:28 AM
No, that database lacks most of the new features added in B31 (meaning the real ARINC 424 specs) and it is not even possible to make a converter between the two formats. For a single try, you can buy a single dataset for about 9€.

As for the joysticks, I do not understand what you want to achieve. The joysticks must be set in my software using FMGS Config tool. So called FSUIPC axis will not be detected by that software, as it directly reads joystick data from windows.

JL

OmniAtlas
12-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes, I've saved the joystick settings with FMGS config tool but my joystick, throttle and rudder pedals are not operational in p3d. Have I missed a step?

jeehell
12-22-2013, 10:58 AM
First, you should use FSXconnect software instead of FSUIPCconnect.
Second, you should, even more, start the software suite using FSXstarter which is the preferred way to be sure to start all the required software.

Space
12-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Jeehell, no i did not run ND on Server PC to Check if there is a Problem in the network. Not so easy, i didn't install that Module there.

jeehell
12-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Well it's not so easy for me to debug from a couple thousands miles from your computer... Installing the new module is quite easy, you just need to copy the ND folder from the ND computers to the Server computer and run ND.exe manually.

JL

jeehell
12-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi all,

There is a new update available, either through auto update or with a full installer:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B31.3.exe
Those having hard times with navdata, I STRONGLY suggest doing a full reinstall using the installer package.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
12-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Ah thanks Jeehell, I will make the one off purchase for the navdatapro tonight and will try running fsconnect and not the FSUIPC connect program . The reason I didn't use fsx starter was because when the navdb exe program opens it reports an error and I get a loop error message. I also have FSX installed in addition to P3D - does the scenery.cfg in the navdb directory need editing?

For terrain data. - can I import .dem files from prosim or is it a different file format?

Ps The first start user guide needs updating - I was initially confused with the nav data / level d requirements.

Thanks again for for the software, can't wait to test it out in the skies!

OmniAtlas
12-23-2013, 06:12 AM
Did some more testing today ---

I made the NavDataPro purchase -- make sure you create a C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\JeeHellWare directory or your downloaded nav data won't install! I downloaded it with the aerosoft interface about five times before figuring it out -- you would have thought the Aerosoft program should autocreate the directory but no....

Joystick is having trouble utilizing my jetmax 737 throttle, or ACE yoke -- it configures okay, but doesn't function in P3D...funny thing -- I plug in a xbox controller and it reads and functions fine. I guess boeing hardware and airbus software were never meant to work together :)

Is there anyway to enable and save antialiasing? I save the settings and restart the program but the changes don't apply?

Can anyone recommend a sound pack for the iFDG aircraft included in this excellent project? Thank you...I'm sold on the airbus. My boeing hardware will be going for sale soon.

jeehell
12-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Hi,

Yes you're not the first one with issues so far regarding the navdata installation. Did you just update with auto update or did you use the full package? As I added the directory creation in the package, just to know if it worked or not?

jetmax throttle and ACE yoke: I do not know how those work?? Maybe P3D (or even FSUIPC, I do not know) has a direct link to them and prevent access from other software? Are they considered as regular joysticks? You can try to completely disable joysticks/controllers in P3D directly (my soft reads hardware values directly from the computer, no layer in between).

To add antialiasing: select the level of AA you want (4x is enough), then right after it tells you to "restart to take into account the new setting" you need to do right click->"save" (doesn't matter if it s as normal or XFR position).

For the soundpack, there was one posted by Daniele "Immaging" in one of the threads here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a22dq7ux3m2tu19/JLA320%20Sound%20Systems_V2.rar

Welcome in the A320 community ;-)

JL

OmniAtlas
12-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Hi Jeehell, I redownloaded from the link (A320FMGS_B31.3) you provided and reinstalled. It asked for another autoupdate so I did.

-- The jetmax throttle and ACE yoke use regular axis -- it works in FSUIPC and is fully functioning using the Windows "Set Up USB game Controller" - I disabled the joysticks in FSUIPC and Prepar3d.

Perhaps you could implement an antialiasing immediate effect or 'auto save' in your next release? I did not know I have to click 'save' after each change. The AA works now.

Does anyone have the terrain to download in one big zip file? It is very tedious to download over 30+ datasets from the USGS website.

Thank you for the welcome, I am reading up now on all the available airbus vendors -- I assume all of Skalarki hardware work well with your software and is compatible?

jeehell
12-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Skalarki hardware apparently works quite well, I haven't tried myself, others can probably share their exeperience.
The USGS data is probably only available on their website (not sure about the legal aspects of re-distribution).

Regards,
JL

filippoporcari
12-23-2013, 10:01 AM
i can confirm that skalarki TQ works perfectly.
strange about jetmax & ace yoke...as long as they're recognized in windows they will appear in FMGS axis setup: when i started making the transition to 320 i made a lot of thests with my 737 setup and it used bodnar cards both for yokes and tq...they worked flawlessy...as long as it's pretty "unconfortable" to fly an airbus using a yoke :-)
cheers
filippo

Space
12-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi Jeehell,

i delete the Software on both ND Clients and installed the New 31.3 and did the update. Also i Used your default Ports. Now it seems ok, Route is displayed! Also waypoints and ndb etc. But with a bit Delay at every Choice.

But i had also terrible jumps on elevators and rudder in autoflight, also in calm weather conditions. So autothrust also jumps. Had this in the old versions also. Any ideas?

And the Sound when Gear is coming out is nearly the Same in normal flight conditions. No Special rumble, and no louder Air Flow is Heard....

buentead
12-24-2013, 06:50 AM
If you use FDS MCDUs, you must use the dedicated hardware module you'll find in my package. I won't support any method with FDS interfaceIT MCS software or else.
Regards,
JL

I contacted TEKWorx Limited to make a 'JeeHell' firmware. And although the 'interfaceIT CDU Rev 5' board is almost 10 years old, I got an update that works perfect. Very great support from TEKWorx!

I updated from B31 to B31.3. It was the first time I could fly for hours without software problems. Great job JL - thank you!

Regards
Adrian

AirFan
12-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Merry Christmas to all of you and your families ...

... and once again a big thank you to JL for this awesome software!

Cheers
Robert

Jerec
12-24-2013, 09:05 AM
I can only follow to Roberts post,

Merry Christmas to all and have a nice time. Thanks to JL for creating this jewel of free software!

Regards Henrik

Leonidas
12-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Migration to Prepar3D was perfect. It's fully recommended! Thanks to Jean Luc and happy new year to all.

janinp
12-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Merry Christmas to all simmers and a special big Thank you for you Jean-Luc to let me have such great flying moments in my Airbus.
pierre

OmniAtlas
12-25-2013, 06:17 AM
I contacted TEKWorx Limited to make a 'JeeHell' firmware. And although the 'interfaceIT CDU Rev 5' board is almost 10 years old, I got an update that works perfect. Very great support from TEKWorx!

I updated from B31 to B31.3. It was the first time I could fly for hours without software problems. Great job JL - thank you!

Regards
Adrian

No issues with the latest FDS MCDU on sale on their website? Or would you recommend the Skalarki MCDU for compatibility reasons?

The FDS version is full metal; not too sure about skalarki.

Leonidas
12-26-2013, 05:58 AM
Hi
Four first issues after full installation under P3D:
1. Tiller doesn't work. I must press rudder to turn the nose wheel when taxiing. I reconfigured it, but nothing changed.
2. After 15-20 minutes FMGS server freezes every time! (Access violation at address .... appears continuously).
3. This is minor: PFD-ND clients don't close after FMGS server closing or freezing.
4. When I start server it reads all messages one by one (glide slope, terrain etc)

* I didn't reinstall clients after migration from FSX to P3D. Do you think, should have I done it?

Regards

OmniAtlas
12-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Are you using this over a network?

I only have one computer with no issues after running a clean install with P3D 2.0.

Leonidas
12-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Are you using this over a network?
I only have one computer with no issues after running a clean install with P3D 2.0.

Yes, 3 PCs and the server. Which version of FSUIPC do you use?

OmniAtlas
12-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Yes, 3 PCs and the server. Which version of FSUIPC do you use?

The latest one compatible with P3D 2.0. It is available on his website (just not labelled appropriately).
The avsim P3D forum also has a link.

Leonidas
12-26-2013, 07:47 AM
The latest one compatible with P3D 2.0. It is available on his website (just not labelled appropriately).
The avsim P3D forum also has a link.

It's 4.927a. I have the same...

jeehell
12-26-2013, 07:48 AM
Hi Leonidas,

There should be no need to reinstall if you change only the simulator. You should just change the navdata settigns in FSScenery.Cfg to point to P3D V2 scenery.cfg, launch navdbapp.exe alon once (to build ILS database), then you're good to go.
But the issues you have are not related to navdata...

1. Are you up to date with the B31.3 and auto updates?
2. Did you try only the same flight every time? there could be an error in the departure procedure which causes the crash
4. this looks like a hardware issue: do you have a pyshical switch linked to the GPWS korry on the MIP (the korry reads GPWS/GS just next to the PFD)? If so, what system do you use for this switch?

JL

jeehell
12-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Also, with P3D, you must not use the FSUIPCconnect.exe but FSXconnect.exe (use StarterFSX only).

Leonidas
12-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Hi Leonidas,
There should be no need to reinstall if you change only the simulator. You should just change the navdata settigns in FSScenery.Cfg to point to P3D V2 scenery.cfg, launch navdbapp.exe alon once (to build ILS database), then you're good to go.
But the issues you have are not related to navdata...
1. Are you up to date with the B31.3 and auto updates?
2. Did you try only the same flight every time? there could be an error in the departure procedure which causes the crash
4. this looks like a hardware issue: do you have a pyshical switch linked to the GPWS korry on the MIP (the korry reads GPWS/GS just next to the PFD)? If so, what system do you use for this switch?
JL

I didn't do anything about scenery.cfg but I have no problem with that. The NDs (both CPT and FOs clients) shows WPT, VORs etc and MCDU-DATA is updated. How could happen this? Anyway...

1. Yes, I am...
2. I usually depart from a spesific airport (my home town), but I don't have the same destination. I'm going to try differents routes today...
4. Yes I have GPWS korry connected to FDS I/O card.

Let me ask something I've asked also in the past: Most our flights are test flights, Isn't true? So, why every time must we push all that OFF buttons (if I remember numbered 26!) when most of us we don't even have hardware overhead panels? Don't you think JL?
Regards

jeehell
12-26-2013, 10:12 AM
leonidas,

2. what is the usual airport and SID you use?
4. Did you select the "invert" action feature in IIT_Creator for this switch (CPT or FO side)? If so, are you sure it is inverted in your wiring?
Also, once the callouts are over, what happens if you push the switch just once (very briefly)?

OVHD switches on startup: for now I will not change it. Some people want cold and dark, some want ready to fly. This a non trivial code change to add such features. Also, when you use hardware for the OVHD, the software scans for the actual physical position of the switches so... really not easy to settle.

JL

Leonidas
12-26-2013, 10:35 AM
leonidas,
4. Did you select the "invert" action feature in IIT_Creator for this switch (CPT or FO side)? If so, are you sure it is inverted in your wiring?
Also, once the callouts are over, what happens if you push the switch just once (very briefly)?
OVHD switches on startup: for now I will not change it. Some people want cold and dark, some want ready to fly. This a non trivial code change to add such features. Also, when you use hardware for the OVHD, the software scans for the actual physical position of the switches so... really not easy to settle.
JL

2. Departures are usually from LGTS. I practise using all available SIDs manually, returning back to the same airport with each different STAR each time, compining them. There are many couples SID-STARs that I was trying to complete without success.
4. No, I don't. If it was wrong I think it should remain turned on during flight. Besides, it's been long time since I connected it for the first time working fine until now. Anyway, I'll test it.
I didn't try it because GPWS LED wasn't turned on during oral messages. I'll test it too.
Regards

filippoporcari
12-26-2013, 10:57 AM
i'd like to WISH U ALL A MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR first!
thanks JL about the managed LAT mode white dot with a/p on: now on skalarki FCU works as it should!
thanks again
filippo

Leonidas
12-26-2013, 11:24 AM
leonidas,
JL

2. I tried EGLL/LFPG but it crached after 15 min of flying again.
4. I reasigned it and it seems to work properly now. Thanks

jeehell
12-26-2013, 11:48 AM
2. can you post the FMGSserverLog.txt which is in your FMGS server folder (right after a crash otherwise it is reset).

JL

Leonidas
12-26-2013, 12:08 PM
2. can you post the FMGSserverLog.txt which is in your FMGS server folder (right after a crash otherwise it is reset).
JL

It's 600MB...

jeehell
12-26-2013, 12:13 PM
that is VERY strange. Can you post the first hundred lines at least?

Leonidas
12-26-2013, 12:36 PM
that is VERY strange. Can you post the first hundred lines at least?

Sorry I can't open it. I tried with LibreOffice Writer too.
Could I remove it and then run FMGS until it will crash and send you the new one?

jeehell
12-26-2013, 01:05 PM
yes you can do that.

Leonidas
12-26-2013, 01:21 PM
yes you can do that.

It creates file 600MB again after 18 minutes flying. It's impressive that the time is every time almost the same 15-20min...:(

jeehell
12-26-2013, 04:29 PM
well this makes me think that it is related to the size of the file...
I'll investigate tonight.

JL

jeehell
12-26-2013, 06:35 PM
Can you try to look at the file just a couple minutes after running the FMGS server? And then every few minutes until it crashes?
I cannot see why it would get to such a huge size....

Leonidas
12-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Can you try to look at the file just a couple minutes after running the FMGS server? And then every few minutes until it crashes?
I cannot see why it would get to such a huge size....

You have PM...

Space
12-27-2013, 04:34 AM
Jeehell, do you have an idea about the problems in my last thread (unstable flight and Gear sounds) ?

jeehell
12-27-2013, 05:28 AM
Hi,

@Leonidas: got it thanks

@Space: gear sounds: I do not provide sounds in my package. You have to find a soundset which suits you. There are some for free for the A320 CFM56. As for unstable flight, I do not personally have it, so it's hard to work on that. But APFBW is still work in progress.

Regards,
JL

tcane
12-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi @ all,

@Space: Are you using Rex? Try it with a new flight. We had the last few days pretty strong winds. Maybe it came from there? Had / have the same problem....

But on my flight from EDDN to LOWW the ND crashes sometimes. (In full flight 8 times) After i restart only the Nd, all works fine again. I'm not sure, but I think this happened only when I turned on the airport knob.
Will test it on my next flight...

(Install all new from the last 31.3 Package with updates.)
By the way: Thank you very very much JL, to making this nice tool, your patience ;) and support!!!!
Regards

jeehell
12-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi,

@Leonidas: please try the new update I've just put on the automatic updater. I hope it will at least stop the 600MB log issue.
Keep me posted on the log size issue as well as the FMGS serve crash every 15-20 minutes, but I'm almost sure they are related.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
12-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi,
@Leonidas: please try the new update I've just put on the automatic updater. I hope it will at least stop the 600MB log issue.
Keep me posted on the log size issue as well as the FMGS serve crash every 15-20 minutes, but I'm almost sure they are related.
Regards,JL

Solved! Thank you very much... :D:D:D
Any suggestion for the not working tiller? Should I delete joystick configuration backup from previous FSX installation and build a new one from the scratch?
Regards

jeehell
12-27-2013, 11:18 AM
What is your exact configuration for the tiller?
what happens at low speed (<40kts) when you use the tiller? The rudder?
what happens at high speed (>60kts) when you use the tiller? The rudder?

Others have it working correctly. Yes you can try to remove flight controls configuration files and do them again.

JL

Leonidas
12-27-2013, 11:37 AM
What is your exact configuration for the tiller?
what happens at low speed (<40kts) when you use the tiller? The rudder?
what happens at high speed (>60kts) when you use the tiller? The rudder?
JL

When I turn it nothing happens in both situations. When I push rudders nose wheel turns too.

jeehell
12-27-2013, 11:44 AM
just to make it clear: due to FS limitations, the actual turn movement is done through FS rudder, even if you use the tiller. So the outside view of FS is not an indicator of how tiller/rudder works.
You can check the rudder movements on SD FLTCTRL page.
For the tiller, also make sure that you have green hydraulics ON and the NWS & A/BRK switch ON. Otherwise you're stuck in alternate braking mode which disables the tiller.

JL

Leonidas
12-27-2013, 01:23 PM
just to make it clear: due to FS limitations, the actual turn movement is done through FS rudder, even if you use the tiller. So the outside view of FS is not an indicator of how tiller/rudder works.
You can check the rudder movements on SD FLTCTRL page.
For the tiller, also make sure that you have green hydraulics ON and the NWS & A/BRK switch ON. Otherwise you're stuck in alternate braking mode which disables the tiller.
JL

I didn't erase whole configuration, I've reconfigured just tiller in FMGS_config. SD F/CTL page shows that only rudder moves instrument, not tiller.
Regards

jeehell
12-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Do you use FSX or FS9?
If you use FSX, do you use StarterFSX.exe or starter.exe?

JL

jeehell
12-27-2013, 03:40 PM
And by the way, the tiller WILL NOT move the rudder on the SD F/CTL page. You must test during taxi at slow speed.

Leonidas
12-27-2013, 04:41 PM
And by the way, the tiller WILL NOT move the rudder on the SD F/CTL page. You must test during taxi at slow speed.
I'm using P3D and I've tested it that way. I'll do the configuration again. Thanks for all.
Regards

OmniAtlas
12-28-2013, 03:15 AM
Hi there -- aircraft is still pretty unstable in flight and on approach.

I am using the default AC included in the Jeehell package (pa320-cfm56-2.air). Do I also have to change the coefficients or are the config files in the FMGS Server\PREF\PA320 sufficient?

Also, I still get 'terrain terrain' warnings even though approach mode has been activated and for some reason even though I am in managed mode the aircraft does not want to idle the engines to decrease speed. I end up doing a CATIII landing at 200+.

OmniAtlas
12-28-2013, 03:18 AM
The config files in FMGS SERVER\Perf\ is under the directory "PA320"

Should I rename to iFDGA320 ?

jeehell
12-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Hi,

DO NOT, EVER, change any PERF file or else, unless you know exactly what you do.
There may be some issues but you will only mess things more. The nalme is not an issue.

I personnally do not have any stability issue at low speeds. Check that you have 30 fps or more in FS. Also check your weight is not too big (around 65t is good).
As for speed reduction, never trust the computed vertical profile, and start reducing yourself.

Regards,
JL

Space
12-28-2013, 05:04 AM
@ OMNI Atlas:
i do have exactly the Same Problems. Check the unstable flathering Rudders with the ECAM display, you can see it there. I am flying with 20% fuel and correct Speed and flaps.

Don't know why.

OmniAtlas
12-28-2013, 06:41 AM
I think it maybe an autopilot problem -- I've checked my joystick and rudder settings and they are fine.

Leonidas
12-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Do you use FSX or FS9?
If you use FSX, do you use StarterFSX.exe or starter.exe?
JL

I deleted 2 joystick conf files, run Windows calibration, then FMGS_Config and save the all new configuration. Everything seems OK until now, but when I run P3D (with disabled controllers) and JeeHell with AS-NWS ON, tiller doesn't turn the AC. Rudder works normally. I don't know what else I should see. Maybe is a P3D issue...
Regards

filippoporcari
12-28-2013, 02:19 PM
i have NO stability problems at all...must be a local problem.

@ JL: i'm doing my first flights on ivao after the switchover...everything seems correct with ivao (transponder code, mode, tcas) just having no response on the IDENT function. i'm using skalarki pedestal and the ident button is properly assigned to ident.
pushing the ident button does not triggers the ivao ident: skalarki problem or fmgs?
cheers
fil

jeehell
12-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Filippo: I do not provide support fir IVAP or squawkbox. It happens that they share the standard FSUIPC offset for mode and code, but FS has no ident feature. I may add that one day, I'll see what I can do...

filippoporcari
12-28-2013, 02:52 PM
oh sorry jl...just thought it was something left out since all the other functions work! :-)
thanks in advance should u decide to add this
regards
filippo

OmniAtlas
12-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Hello, I think I figured out why I'm having stability issues. It has to do with CG and fuel -- I wasn't loading it correctly! I was fueling the center tanks first then outer tanks to capacity, instead of the other way around!

From flashcards http://quizlet.com/5053314/a320-fuel-flash-cards/ --
Describe how fuel should be distributed after refueling.

"After refueling, the outer cells should be filled to capacity followed by the inner cells. The center tank should receive fuel after the wing tanks have been filled to capacity which is approx 27500 lbs."

Request -- auto fuel distribution accessible from MCDU please :)

It flies much better now -- however I still get speed restraints (yellow ticket bar on the PFD) on landing and cannot reduce past 180 knots. Is this related to FOB (sorry not too familiar with airbus systems).

I also do not have the FO EFIS open -- will you run into problems with autoland if you enable autopilot 2 and the FD is not enabled for the FO?

Does anyone know why my flaps do not display their text setting on the EWD (picture attached) and do not show them transitioning in blue? I am using the keyboard (F5-F6) for now.

Jeehell -- whats your paypal address - can I at least buy you a coffee?? :)

stefangr
12-29-2013, 05:55 AM
Does anyone know why my flaps do not display their text setting on the EWD (picture attached) and do not show them transitioning in blue? I am using the keyboard (F5-F6) for now.

Hi Omni,

working with F5/F6 on the keyboard will give you problems. You should assign an axis for the flaps in the JL configuration, otherwise it will not work correctly.

Regards
Stefan

jeehell
12-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Yep thats right. You need to either use an axis or joystick switches for the flaps increment/decrement. You have to use FMGS config for that (not the FS commands).

As for donating, I do not need money. You can give the amount of money you want to any charity out there on my behalf, I'll feel much more comfortable that way.

Regards,
JL

OmniAtlas
12-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Thanks JL - setting flaps with the axis works.

What is your charity of choice? :)

stefangr
12-29-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi,

FS Flightkeeper has the option to play specific sound based on events happening. One event is "Cabin Signs On" (or Off). I assume the FSFK is using the FS default cabin sign switch event. When I switch the signs on/off in FMGS, FSFK does not notice this. Is there any chance I can make this happen?

Thanks
Stefan

Space
12-29-2013, 03:37 PM
@OmniAtlas:
you're shure with the wight? It doesn't matter, how many fuel is inside the tanks, doesn't it? I got this unstable behavior with 20% in each tank (choosen in FSX) at my Standard Airport round.

OmniAtlas
12-29-2013, 05:28 PM
No not a hundred pc sure but for some reason the erratic elevators are gone. What weather program are you using?

Space
12-30-2013, 04:41 AM
I am using the normal FSX weather, got these effects also in calm conditions.

OmniAtlas
12-30-2013, 05:27 AM
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I am configured for approach...runway is in sight, I still have speed restraints at 180 knots. I can't even lower my flaps or A.FLOOR picks up because the aircraft thinks I am about to stall.

I get 'terrain terrain' warnings....

aircraft has minimum fuel.

Space
12-30-2013, 06:08 AM
You Set QNH correct? You activate approach Phase on MCDU and PERF is complete?

OmniAtlas
12-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Yes, everything is complete. Speed restrictions should fall when flaps are extended but they don't.

OmniAtlas
12-30-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't know if I've completely rubbished my install of FMGS and the way it runs but now when I take off I can no longer put the autopilot in managed mode (push buttons - SPD, HDG and ALT - no dot) and PERF is no longer selectable on the MCDU (no response).

The FCU is in managed mode prior to take off -- after take off it switches out of managed mode (even though autothrust and AP1 are selected). I have waypoints in the MCDU. I am flying the heading to the next way point. What have I done wrong?

jeehell
12-30-2013, 03:12 PM
@Omniatlas: honeestly, as long as it goes to a well established charity, I do not care.

@Stefan: no, it's not possible sorry.

JL

jeehell
12-30-2013, 03:25 PM
OmniAtlas: sorry, did not see your following posts...
If you cannot lower the stall band on the PFD, it probably means you still do not use a proper way to select the flap. When I said use an axis, I did mean an axis configured in FMGS config only. In fact, the best thing to do is to completely remove all controller references in FS...

As for your takeoff issues: what can you read on the PFD after setting the THR to TOGA or to FLX? You should read either MAN TOGA or MAN FLX xx°C in the upper left corner. Otherwise you have an issue with your THR LVRs calibration.

JL

OmniAtlas
12-31-2013, 03:38 AM
Hi jeehell, I've got flaps configured using joystick assignments (buttons) using the fmgs config program. Will this still cause problems and does it specifically need to to be an axis?

I will ill try again tonight. Thank you.

OmniAtlas
12-31-2013, 04:33 AM
Issue solved -- I was incorrectly entering data into the MCDU -- altitudes was all wrong. I am too use to the 737 CDU :)

Stephan Schwarz
12-31-2013, 04:38 AM
@OmniAtlas: I can confirm this is working fine. I have also two Joystick buttons assigned for the flapsin the FMGS settings and it works pretty good. I must say that I had the same issues you have now, but I had it with the old version B30. After installing B31 the issues were gone for any reason.

adonismartinez
01-02-2014, 01:39 AM
Issue solved -- I was incorrectly entering data into the MCDU -- altitudes was all wrong. I am too use to the 737 CDU :)

Hi OmniAtlas

Happy new year hope things come good for you.

Regarding your issue there are a pair of thing to consider.

First Airbus is designed to approach in a stabilized approach basis which means fully configured at 1000 ft AGL and approach speed +/- 5 kts, that is the reason why you have the activate approach phase option in MCDU, make sure to activate it before starting the ILS GS capture. It activates automaticaly within 15 nm from airport in case it wont use the activate app phase.

also you mentioned "I still have speed restraints at 180 knots" thats is because the tiger tail (the red bar in the speed tape) is related to the current flap LEVER position not actual, what you are seeing is limitation for flaps 3 position, again , try to stabilize earlier.

Try this, approach to any airport ,
1) at 20 miles activate approach phase, then plane will decelerate to green dot speed,
2) once below 230 kt,
when your glide slope mark is two dots above you, apply flaps 1,
when your glide slope mark is one dot above you and you are below 200 kts, apply flaps two;
3) arm the approach by pressing, APP + AP2 + AP1 and push the speed knob to go into Managed speed mode.
4) Read you FMA, when you get G/S* set the go around altitude in the Alt window in the FCU.
5) lower the landing gear , as soon you are below 185 kts apply flaps three, then below 177 kts flaps full and perform the landing checklist.

Depending on weight your approach speed might be between 122 and 145 kts.

Hope this helps solving the overspeed and alpha protection issue at landing.

Bets regards
Adonis