PDA

View Full Version : Level-D 767 G-Throttle Switch Interfacing

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I have recently received my 767 Throttle from Roberto and am looking to interface the switches on the quadrant to the LDS 767.

Unfortunately I am unaware of how to interface the switches to the LDS 767 since they are connected to Windows as a joystick device; to my knowledge, they must therefore be interfaced through the FSX menus themselves or using the LDS custom controls menu.

Herein lies the problem; the LDS 767 custom controls menu does not seem to recognise, for example, that the fuel cutoff switches are toggle switches; it will only accept an input when they are moved to the ON position. As a result, to turn the fuel cutoff switches on and then off again, one must move the switch forward, then back, then forward again (ie 2 "ON" inputs).

Is there any other way to interface these switches? Perhaps use them to control a "dummy" function through FSUIPC and then use SIOC with Lekseecon to control the fuel cutoff switches when this "dummy" function is selected on? I'm lost here.

Many thanks for your time,

Jack

kiek
10-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Hi Jack,
Can't you go through the FSUIPC joystick button menu in stead of the FSX menu? There it is possible to generate the Custom control as well on push as on release of the button.

However, you better cut the wires of these switches and feed them to inputs of a Mastercard. Then you have full control via SIOC and lekseecon.

Regards,
Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi Nico,

I have tried using FSUIPC to interface the switches but I can't seem to find a suitable control to assign it to; Roberto suggested using mixture rich/lean but these seem to have no function in the LDS 767. If possible I would rather not cut the wires since it would be a quite a messy job!

I also tried using a mouse macro but of course this only works one way too; I can't seem to get the switches to recognise both ON and OFF. Are you aware of another interfacing method that I am not aware of?

Many thanks,

Jack

kiek
10-16-2013, 03:43 AM
Hi Jack,
Well its only two wires, can't be too difficult.

But okay, try this:
Select an unused FSUIPC offset (a BYTE), take for instance 0x8B00
Use the button tab of FSUIPC and upon press aan release of the cutoff-switch you define the BYTE TOGGLE function of FSUIPC upon offset 0x8B00.
Do the same for the other cut-off switch for offset 0x8B01.

In SIOC you write:

Var 9000 link FSUIPC_IN Offset $8B00 Length 1
{
v505 = v9000
}

Var 9001 link FSUIPC_IN Offset $8B01 Length 1
{
v506 = v9001
}

Var 505 Static // lekseecon left fuel cut-off run
Var 506 Static // lekseecon right ,,

Don't forget to enable FSUIPC in sioc.ini
Regards,
Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Nico,

I assume you mean assign this through the "FSUIPC custom controls" option in the buttons/switches tab?

Unfortunately when I enter 0x8B00 all I get is an error tone and it does not seem to accept this particular offset. Any ideas?

kiek
10-16-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi Jack,
I'm at work now.. (without access to FSUIPC ;-) ). Don't know exactly how it is called, I guess FSControl, there you'll find a lot of byte/word manipulating functions. It should accept address 8B00 but you should find out how to enter a hexadecimal number (presumably not via 0x).

Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi Nico,

Had a few attempts at entering 8B00 but it doesn't seem to be working (I am using the "custom control" option on the buttons/switches tab of FSUIPC). When you get back, if you could check this out on FSUIPC that would be fantastic; if you have the time of course!

kiek
10-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Jack,
Don't know what's going wrong at your site, but I have no problems entering the data... Here's a screenshot:

Regards,
Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Hi Nico,

Could you reupload that screenshot? It doesn't seem to be working here.

kiek
10-16-2013, 01:16 PM
It doesn't seem to be working here.
What's going on in the UK Jack? Censorship? :-)
Here a link to the picture at my site (http://www.lekseecon.nl/images/fsuipc.png).

Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi Nico,

I think I must be going mad! That link doesn't seem to work either, I get a 404 error. What is going on!

kiek
10-16-2013, 01:22 PM
relax, try again, you were too quick..

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi Nico,

What can I say, it works perfectly. The reason was that I was selecting the wrong option from the FSUIPC list (me being a fool again).

I now need to program the other switches. Is there a list of these "free" offsets somewhere that I can use?

kiek
10-16-2013, 02:16 PM
What can I say, it works perfectly.
Great.

Is there a list of these "free" offsets somewhere that I can use?

Just continue with 8B02. Be careful to allocate words (2 bytes), if needed, at an even address.
There are 256 bytes free starting from 8B00. Pete allocated these for me for FSCONV and lekseecon for FSUIPC. But since you are not using these programs (but lekseecon for SIOC), they are free.

Cheers,
Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi Nico,

Thanks very much then, I'll continue on with the offsets. Thanks very much for your help!

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi Nico,

I have programmed the Stab cutout switches ok with no problems. However, I am using the current code for the AT Disc.:

Var 9005 link FSUIPC_IN Offset $8B05 Length 1
{
IF v9005 = 1
{
v292 = 0
}
}

Var 292 Static // lekseecon AT Disc.

This code only seems to work once. Ie, after pressing the AT disc, the autothrottle disconnects, but will never do it again unless I restart SIOC. Am I using the wrong var for AT disconnect?

kiek
10-16-2013, 04:01 PM
the autothrottle disconnects, but will never do it again unless I restart SIOC. Am I using the wrong var for AT disconnect?
No it's the right var, but you never assign the value 1 to it... that's why...

Var 9005 link FSUIPC_IN Offset $8B05 Length 1
{
v292 = v9005

}

Var 292 Static // lekseecon AT

regards,
Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Nico,

That code doesn't seem to do anything. I can see in IOCP console that the button is being pressed and that this is recognised by SIOC, and indeed the value of AT_Disc changes from 0 to 1 and back again, but nothing happens in the LDS767.

kiek
10-17-2013, 03:11 AM
Hi Jack,
The code is allright, the problem must be somewhere else...
Are you trying to implement the "Soft AT" function or the normal AT switch (at the MCP)?

For lekseecon questions please use the lekseecon Forum.
Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-17-2013, 01:09 PM
EDIT: All is suddenly working with the AT switch without any modification of the code!

Guess the only thing left now is the ALTN stab trim switch.

Also, the stab trim cut out switches appear to be opposite to what they are set in my TQ; ie they're on when I have set them to off.

kiek
10-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Also, the stab trim cut out switches appear to be opposite to what they are set in my TQ; ie they're on when I have set them to off.
That's the problem with these toggle commands. You have to synchronise your hardware with the Level-D panel: close FSX, set your hardware switches in the other position and start again.

If I were you I would cut the wires and use a Mastercard, SIOC and lekseecon. Then you are really in control...

My 2 cts...
Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Hi Nico,

I think I can live with that, I will start pretty much all of my flights with the stab trim switches set to norm anyway, and with the fuel cutoff switches set to cut. No problems!

I take it I can't use a toggle function for Altn Stab trim control? We'll need some sort of repeater function.

kiek
10-18-2013, 05:24 AM
We'll need some sort of repeater function.
In FSUIPC you will find "repeat while held" in the buttons tab...
You only have to make a SIOC script that translates these button presses into increments and decrements within the range 0..140 expected by my lekseecon variable.

Nico

Boeing 747 Flyer
10-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi Nico,

All is now done in terms of switches, thanks very much for your help!

kiek
10-18-2013, 03:51 PM
thanks very much for your help!
You're welcome.
Hope to see some pictures of your Throttle, and ofcourse what you think of it.

Nico