PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS AMAZING

Peter Nielsen
10-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Pilot fatigue ‘one of the biggest threats to air safety’ | Project Magenta (http://www.projectmagenta.com/2013/10/pilot-fatigue-one-of-the-biggest-threats-to-air-safety/)

Here we have a commercial software vendor who

1. takes out his forum
2. takes out communicating with his customers
3. claims to set up a ticket system
4. releases few to no updates

And out of the blue this appears as an announcement on his website.

Makes me wonder if this is an illusion or if the "fatigue" out to read "programmer" fatigue

a340-th
10-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Pilot fatigue ‘one of the biggest threats to air safety’ | Project Magenta (http://www.projectmagenta.com/2013/10/pilot-fatigue-one-of-the-biggest-threats-to-air-safety/)

Here we have a commercial software vendor who

1. takes out his forum
2. takes out communicating with his customers
3. claims to set up a ticket system
4. releases few to no updates

5. Or when he does updates, he does not document what they are, viz. "Major Airbus Software Update"
6. Modifies basic functions without warning (discontinuation of W2K support, NETDIR function...)

Taking away the forum of course made sure that nobody can complain publicly any more. I really wonder how many are still using PM ?

It seems to me that on the Airbus side, the 50 Eur AXE already has more working functions than what we have in PM.

I really long for the good old days when we hobbyists were still appreciated by PM. But then I am getting old too.

ian@737ng.co.uk
10-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Hello Erhard.....
I always remember somebody I knew in business telling me 'nothing is forever'.
How true that is .....
Regards

Ian

a340-th
10-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Hello Ian,

yes, so true. I can see that on myself....

If it were not for my setup (4-engined Airbus) I would probably have moved on a long time ago. But I do not want to start buiding something new, so I am more less stuck with PM.

OmniAtlas
09-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Hello Ian,

yes, so true. I can see that on myself....

If it were not for my setup (4-engined Airbus) I would probably have moved on a long time ago. But I do not want to start buiding something new, so I am more less stuck with PM.

Should I even consider evaluating PM Airbus?

a340-th
09-05-2015, 01:11 AM
why would you ?

You are using Jeehell for free are you not, so why would you want to change that will cost you hundreds of EUR ?

As far as I can see from a casual look, Jeehell is actively being developped and supported, which I could not say (anymore) of PM.