PDA

View Full Version : Major system failure, first flight online

rictus
08-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Performed first flight using FMGS on VATSim today, after a number of successful offline flights.

Had a couple of odd speed issues after takeoff but it settled down.
Then after initiating climb from FL160 to FL280, HDG pulled, the LVL CHG shot up way too high and the airspeed dropped. I pulled V/S knob and set +2000 to compensate, which worked. Then as I passed FL260 The speed tape lost all its numbers and rocketed into OVERSPEED with A.FLOOR (at +6000ft) but the barber pole still showed up as did the grey background, artificial horizon was still responding to movements suggesting it was getting data, A/T and A/P were disengaged and both my joystick providing throttle control and sidestick for primary flight controls no longer provided control. They are connected to my main FSX computer. MCDU and Overhead seemed to be working but I didn't mess with them long as I struggled to control the aircraft. I had to come offline as the aircraft wouldn't respond to inputs.

Interestingly I also had a lot of TCAS problems. It kept annunciating that the range was too big or 'TRAFFIC TRAFFIC' immediately followed by 'CLEAR OF CONFLICT' each time. There was no diamond in the ND at the time. There was briefly an aircraft that ATC was vectoring me around but being that it was clearly not near enough to cause an issue, I turned TCAS off, to preserve my sanity ;)

I know I've provided a lot of info, I'm hoping it might help dig up a bug if there is one. It's really odd that it has flown pretty much perfectly every time until tonight, so I can only assume it has something to do with FSINN and possibly the live traffic...

I was running the following hardware setup:

PC1 - Xeon (i7 equivalent, Geforce 260GTX, 8GB RAM)
Windows 7 x64 (no antivirus, UAC off etc)
FSX Gold edition, SP2, Acceleration
Primary Jeehell running OVHD
Joysticks connected (all axes disabled in FSX and FSUIPC)
REX Plus Essentials Overdrive SP2 current version
British Airways Virtual 'Phoenix' ACARS
FSINN

PC2 (Core2 Quad 2.4, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD 4000 series)
Windows 7 x64 (no antivirus, UAC off etc)
Jeehell software only running PFD/ND, FCU with Capt EFIS, Standby instruments (clock, ISIS, ADF), upper and lower ECAM

PC3
Tablet running Windows 7 32bit (no antivirus, UAC off etc)
Jeehell software only - Captain's MCDU