PDA

View Full Version : Navmode on the FCU

snooky_g
07-13-2013, 05:35 AM
Hi JL, it is the first time that i tried the FMGS and let me say, i´m very impressed. Must have been a lot of develpoing work. Many thanks for that qustion about engaging the navmode in the fcu. After teakeoff, it is not posssible to engage navmode by right cklicking the knob, even the perf page in the fcu is not accessible. Flight Plan is set, i.e my plan was LSZH/EDDF, Take off performace all set, Flap Setting correct, FD engaged. What do i have to do? (Before i was using vasFMC with PAAirbus, so Navmode was accessible just after takeoff by right-clicking the HDG-Sel). Thank you very much, Stefan

snooky_g
07-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Short Update to my Question above and a word to my Configuration: I ve just made some Take-offs in EDDF with to different FSX-Installations, but the behavour is always the same. On Ground, Managed mode is engaged, FD is engaged, PERF data set to something around between 135-145, Flaps set 1 or 2, SID is ok in ND. A/TR just after TO/GO on Thrust-Lever, everthing seems ok. But after TO it is not possible, to engage NAV-Mode on the HDG-Knob by Left or right clicking. In PFD OPEN CL is shown, but even when I set Levers back to CL, it is not possible to follow the Route by setting Nav-Mode. If you have any Sugesstions. Thanks a lot. Stefan

snooky_g
07-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Configuration is as Follows: Saitek X52 Flight Controller, Saitek Throttle Quadrant for Flaps and Spoilers, Saitek Rudder, Saitek SwitchPanel, Main Flying Server(i7, @3,4, 256 G SSD) with FSX and FMGSServer, FBW now backdated FSUIPC 4.7, Second PC running OVHD, FCU, PFD,ND SD, and EWD (Core2Quad @2,66, 256 GB SSD), Third PC running the MCDU, 4 PC with Electronic FlightBag, OPUS Weather, 5th PC running OPUS views.

jeehell
07-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi,

there are three usual errors that make the NAV mode unavailable:
- MCDU not correctly filled in. You need to fill INIT A & B, FPLN and PERF TO pages.
- Takeoff nit performed correctly: you must either use TOGA or FLX (with a flx temp filled in) so that the FMA shows MAN TOGA or MAN FLX.
- THR levers not correctly calibrated, and the detents are not working properly. In that case it is not possible to trigger TOGA or FLX mode and then the result is the same as error number two.

Best regards,
JL

snooky_g
07-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi JL,

thank you for your immediate Awnser. I´ve found the Reason for the mentioned issue:

I was running the OVHD Panel on the second PC, not on the main FSX-Server. After combing some possibilties, where to run the different applications, i tried to run the OVHD on the main FSX-PC and after that everthing was working nearly perfect. Again a word on the Your Software after I´ve made some fligths:

It now had some very very impressive Fligths i.e LSZH/EDDH and the software is way ahead of all the Software i´ve experienced before. Espacially the FBW is absolute perfect, compared (for example) to vasFMC.

Landing the PA Airbus with your FBW has now become much more realistic then I´ve experienced before (many of he times, it was like gambling)...

So, my conclusion: thank you again, for giving the Software to the comunity. Great Job!
Stefan

jeehell
07-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words.
As for the OVHD, it should not matter whether is on the main computer or not??

Regards,
JL

snooky_g
07-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi JL,

it doesn´t really matters, if the OVHD ist on main PC or not, but would be nice,
if it could be on the second FS-Server, i.e. for performance reasons, because the main Server has to do all the visuals, and, because of that, i couldn´t see the OVHD. I´ve just started to set some FSUIPC-Offsets and after that I will give another try running the OVHD on the second Server.

Kind regards, Stefan

jeehell
07-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Hi,

I meant that it is DESIGNED to work when on a remote computer. I have never encountered that error before, nor had anyone have it?
And as far as I know there some people who actually have the OVHD on a remote computers...

JL

snooky_g
07-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi,

ok, I´ll see. I´ll give another try in a Configuration with the OVHD on the second PC after setting up my whole environment in complete.

Stefan