PDA

View Full Version : Com radio

rictus
06-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi JeeHell, everyone

First timer here and very excited to have found this! - I'm very early on in my build, but a quick question - I've checked the manual and I can't find a mention of a COMM radio panel - could anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Many thanks

Richard

jeehell
06-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Hi,

there is no software COMM panel. For now, the features of this panel are only VHF in the software, and you can/should use FS COMM feature until this is more advances (or if you have hardware which can support the COMM panel with my software).

Regards,
JL

rictus
06-14-2013, 03:06 PM
thank you - I assumed that was the answer. Just fired the system up since I got home and apart from one or two things to iron out (like getting the throttle detents playing nicely) it works really well. Amazing software and proves the paid for versions are grossly overpriced for home users- and they all regret not employing you I suspect!

rictus
06-14-2013, 05:15 PM
That being the case, could anyone recommend an airbus-style radio FSX panel I can plumb in as an instrument panel and undock for now?

asessa
06-21-2013, 04:56 AM
There are many Radio Modules, each Plug&Play.

1. OpenCockpit that use Sioc - Price is 250€ (204€ + taxes)
2. CockpitSonic that use HID (i think) - Price is 288.30€
3. FsCockpit , but i don't know which driver it use - Price is 190€
4. FDS - Price is 350€
5. Skalarki sell complete set of LEFT Pedestal, including Radio - Price is 540£

I don't know which are supported by JH FGMS.

I also want buy one of this..

JH, can you give us some information?

skalarki
06-21-2013, 11:29 AM
5. Skalarki sell complete set of LEFT Pedestal, including Radio - Price is 540£

I don't know which are supported by JH FGMS.

SKALARKI is fully compatible with JL. All functionality supported by JL is implemented.

Regards, Marcin

asessa
06-21-2013, 11:46 AM
SKALARKI is fully compatible with JL. All functionality supported by JL is implemented.

Regards, Marcin

Hi Marcin, thank you for response.
The problem is not possibile to buy only radio :)

Regards

skalarki
06-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Yep, I have no radio in offer now, but it will be available after holidays as well as other panels. I am preparing new line P&P USB versions.

Marcin

jeehell
06-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Hi

all the modules listed should be compatible.
However, I do NOT recommend FDS ones. They are nor worth the money (only one VHF canal, all switches are dummies).
Cockpitsonic drivers are in dev' right now so not public, but looking for testers.

Regards
JL

asessa
06-24-2013, 03:54 AM
Yep, I have no radio in offer now, but it will be available after holidays as well as other panels. I am preparing new line P&P USB versions.

Marcin

Hi Marcin, thanks for this info.
I will wait for your module, then i'll decide wich buy :)

Hi

However, I do NOT recommend FDS ones. They are nor worth the money (only one VHF canal, all switches are dummies).
Cockpitsonic drivers are in dev' right now so not public, but looking for testers.

Regards
JL

Thanks JL

asessa
06-28-2013, 09:47 AM
I all, I JL, i bought an OpenCockpit Radio P&P.
Should i use some SIOC script to run the module with FMGS software ?

Best Regards

jeehell
06-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi

You have to use SIOC Creator to configure it.

JL

rictus
07-02-2013, 06:01 AM
What I really need at the moment guys is a software COM radio panel so I can get working? The radio will be somewhat down the list of stuff to do, but it would be nice to be able to fly online for now... - could anyone advise?

asessa
07-02-2013, 06:17 AM
What I really need at the moment guys is a software COM radio panel so I can get working? The radio will be somewhat down the list of stuff to do, but it would be nice to be able to fly online for now... - could anyone advise?

I fly online now, without problems.
IVAP (ivao client) and FSINN (vatsim) are able to change radio frequencies directly from application.
Only squackbox has no possibilities to do it.

rictus
07-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Ah really?! Awesome - I use FSINN and Vatsim so that's fine! Thanks :D

asessa
07-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Ah really?! Awesome - I use FSINN and Vatsim so that's fine! Thanks :D

Oh yes...in fsinn you have the ATC panel and you can switch radio freq by doubleclick on each atc listed ;)

rictus
07-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Found one for iphone too :D

asessa
07-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Hi

You have to use SIOC Creator to configure it.

JL

Hi JL,

the radio was just delivered... where can i find Sioc Creator ?

Regards

jeehell
07-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Hi,

WHen you install my sofware, check the option "SIOC Support". Then in "FMGS\Hardware Module" folder you have SIOC Creator.

Regards,
JL

asessa
07-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi,

WHen you install my sofware, check the option "SIOC Support". Then in "FMGS\Hardware Module" folder you have SIOC Creator.

Regards,
JL

Ok so I have it, because the first time I have installed your software I chose that option

Thanks and regards.

asessa
07-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi JL, i'm trying to setup RMP .. but your documentation don't say how i can do it because i think is obsolate .
Can you tell me how do i have to for setup this modules?
I've this this FMGSServer.iocp.ini file

[IOCP_VARs]
IP=localhost
Port=8099
USBKeys=-1
USBKeysfo=-1
RMP1MHzVar=-1
RMP1kHzVar=-1
RMP2MHzVar=-1
RMP2kHzVar=-1
RMP3MHzVar=-1
RMP3kHzVar=-1
RMP1Act_disp=-1
RMP1Stby_disp=-1
RMP2Act_disp=-1
RMP2Stby_disp=-1
RMP3Act_disp=-1
RMP3Stby_disp=-1
RMP1Act_dec=-1
RMP1Stby_dec=-1
RMP2Act_dec=-1
RMP2Stby_dec=-1
RMP3Act_dec=-1
RMP3Stby_dec=-1
RMP1SWAP_SW=-1
RMP2SWAP_SW=-1
RMP3SWAP_SW=-1
RMP1ON_SW=-1
RMP2ON_SW=-1
RMP3ON_SW=-1
RMP1VHF1_SW=-1
RMP1VHF1_LED=-1
RMP1VHF2_SW=-1
RMP1VHF2_LED=-1
RMP1VHF3_SW=-1
RMP1VHF3_LED=-1
RMP2VHF1_SW=-1
RMP2VHF1_LED=-1
RMP2VHF2_SW=-1
RMP2VHF2_LED=-1
RMP2VHF3_SW=-1
RMP2VHF3_LED=-1
RMP3VHF1_SW=-1
RMP3VHF1_LED=-1
RMP3VHF2_SW=-1
RMP3VHF2_LED=-1
RMP3VHF3_SW=-1
RMP3VHF3_LED=-1

jeehell
07-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Hi,

the documentation does not clearly say how to setup the radio modules, but the process is more or less the same: once the card is recognized as an extra mastercard, you have to put the correct input/output numbes and the correct device index.

Pay attention to the fact you need to declare the radio module in sioc.ini. It should be a line such as that:
MASTER=1,8,1,0

this may need to be slightly different for your needs, depending on the number of hardware you already have from opencockpit. Please read their own documentation on sioc.ini setup.

Regards,
JL

asessa
07-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi

Regards
JL
Hey JL, can you give me drivers for test the radio ?