PDA

View Full Version : 737 Classic Weber CMD Seat

bravolima
06-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Hi all,

the back rest of my 737 classic chair has a special mechanic. It seems that the power from the lever is transmitted over a oil filled hydraulic system, consists of two tubes and a branch to the transformers in the back rest. Itīs leaking an I couldnīt get it tight. Does anybody have ideas, where I can get replacement parts for that? Can I convert this hydraulic mechanic into a ordinary one with bowden cable.

On the photo below left you see the cylinder of the transforming mechanic from the lever and the tube and on the right side the cylinder on the back rest

Any help or comment would be appreciated

Thanks

Bernhard (LSZH)

daveaust
11-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Hi all,

the back rest of my 737 classic chair has a special mechanic. It seems that the power from the lever is transmitted over a oil filled hydraulic system, consists of two tubes and a branch to the transformers in the back rest. Itīs leaking an I couldnīt get it tight. Does anybody have ideas, where I can get replacement parts for that? Can I convert this hydraulic mechanic into a ordinary one with bowden cable.

On the photo below left you see the cylinder of the transforming mechanic from the lever and the tube and on the right side the cylinder on the back rest

Any help or comment would be appreciated

Thanks

Bernhard (LSZH)

I can't tell exactly where it's leaking but it's usually where the lines where lines enter piston cyl or the fill screw gasket. SInce I am just seeing this it may be an old solved issue. I had to refill mine on one seat and just used some plastic-friendly hydraulic fluid (I used marvel mystery oil) and an old syringe and it revived them but I didn't seem to have any overt leaks (so far). One has bled down a bit but that may be from a sub par fill job on my part. If these really go south with leak at insertion point, I don't know where to get replacements. I have thought about making a trip to Weber which is only 2-3 hours drive from my house. They would probably just tell me to jump in the lake but maybe somebody there would be nice and help me...

daveaust
11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
PS my low pistons are the seat back and it "Y"s out so thats prob why I have underfill issue...

bravolima
11-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Thank you very much for your help, finally I gave up with this chair. Fortunatly I was offered a seat in better shape and now Iīm fine with it. Thanks and best regards