PDA

View Full Version : Immersive Display Pro now with FSX/P3D support

OmniAtlas
06-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Pretty impressive; auto-calibration, edge-blending and now works with FSX/P3D, and X-Plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QAAwGCnJiuM

ddimm
07-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Pretty impressive; auto-calibration, edge-blending and now works with FSX/P3D, and X-Plane.

I am using it - very impressive indeed, especially for the price! I used the auto calibrations for warping and blending and it did an excellent job. I now have 180 degrees with 2 projects - just like the video. I ended up doing this because my 3rd projector went on the blink with hundreds of dead pixels.

OmniAtlas
07-23-2013, 04:33 PM
I am using it - very impressive indeed, especially for the price! I used the auto calibrations for warping and blending and it did an excellent job. I now have 180 degrees with 2 projects - just like the video. I ended up doing this because my 3rd projector went on the blink with hundreds of dead pixels.

ddimm, what are your specs?

projector throw ratio, resolution, distance from screen, and your screen radius? Thanks.

ddimm
07-23-2013, 04:48 PM

projector throw ratio, resolution, distance from screen, and your screen radius? Thanks.

I'll measure it this evening. Here is a pix.80378038

ddimm
07-24-2013, 08:45 AM

I am using 2 Acer x1230PS short throw projectors at 2048x768. The screen radius is 5 feet and screen size is 15.7 feet. The projectors are mounted on the ceiling at the corners of the screen.

OmniAtlas
07-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks ddimm, your setup looks spectacular. Looks like a 180 degree warp can be accomplished with a 3 meter diameter (1.5 m radius). Would this kind of setup work if you had a 'shell' or a fully enclosed cockpit?

ddimm
07-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks ddimm, your setup looks spectacular. Looks like a 180 degree warp can be accomplished with a 3 meter diameter (1.5 m radius). Would this kind of setup work if you had a 'shell' or a fully enclosed cockpit?

Thanks - I only have the MIP for now but would like to enclose it to block out the room. The only potential issue I see is shadowing from the projectors if your cockpit is too high or too wide. I would love to know if anyone has a solution for it outside of rear projection.

OmniAtlas
07-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks - I only have the MIP for now but would like to enclose it to block out the room. The only potential issue I see is shadowing from the projectors if your cockpit is too high or too wide.

Would a 737 cockpit shell create shadows with your projectors? What are your projectors short-throw ratio? And if you don't mind me asking, how did you make your screen? Cheers.

ddimm
07-24-2013, 12:44 PM
Would a 737 cockpit shell create shadows with your projectors? What are your projectors short-throw ratio? And if you don't mind me asking, how did you make your screen? Cheers.

I think a 737 cockpit shell will be too large and you will need to expand your radius considerably.

Here is the throw ratio specs of my projector: Acer X1230PS Projection Calculator - Throw Distance and Screen Size (http://www.projectorcentral.com/Acer-X1230PS-projection-calculator-pro.htm)

I used MDF panel board from a home supply store for the screen with 2x4 lumber as a frame behind it. It is very easy to bend and work with. . Thrifty White 32 sq. ft. Hardboard Panel Board-709106 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Thrifty-White-32-sq-ft-Hardboard-Panel-Board-709106/202090193#.UfADkdJOS3E)

Best of luck!

OmniAtlas
07-25-2013, 01:05 AM
I think a 737 cockpit shell will be too large and you will need to expand your radius considerably.

I used MDF panel board from a home supply store for the screen with 2x4 lumber as a frame behind it. It is very easy to bend and work with. . Thrifty White 32 sq. ft. Hardboard Panel Board-709106 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Thrifty-White-32-sq-ft-Hardboard-Panel-Board-709106/202090193#.UfADkdJOS3E)

Best of luck!

Thanks for the links -- how many panel boards are you using? Are the seams of the boards very visible when you have the projectors turned on and edge blending enabled?

Its good to know you've managed to achieve a 180 warp with 2x 0.89 TR projectors. Perhaps you could achieve it with a cockpit shell with a shorter TR? The benq w1080st have a 0.69 TR.

ddimm
07-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the links -- how many panel boards are you using? Are the seams of the boards very visible when you have the projectors turned on and edge blending enabled?

Its good to know you've managed to achieve a 180 warp with 2x 0.89 TR projectors. Perhaps you could achieve it with a cockpit shell with a shorter TR? The benq w1080st have a 0.69 TR.

I used 6 panels, 3 for the top, 3 for t he bottom. I taped and mudded the seams with standard drywall mud. You can hardly notice it. Primed and painted with Sherwin-Williams Duration Satin Extra White that was recommended here: Painting the Perfect Screen for $100 (http://www.projectorcentral.com/paint_perfect_screen_$100.htm?page=Finding-the-Perfect-Paint)

ddimm
07-25-2013, 11:03 AM
I used 6 panels, 3 for the top, 3 for t he bottom. I taped and mudded the seams with standard drywall mud. You can hardly notice it. Primed and painted with Sherwin-Williams Duration Satin Extra White that was recommended here: Painting the Perfect Screen for $100 (http://www.projectorcentral.com/paint_perfect_screen_$100.htm?page=Finding-the-Perfect-Paint)

I forgot to mention that you should use whole sheets for the center and cut the side sheets to fit your screen dimensions. That will minimize the seams in the middle of your screen.

OmniAtlas
07-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Thank you for the link, very helpful. This maybe a project I try sometime down the line :)

capttlm
10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Ddimm,
Can you please tell me how to setup FSX to work with the Immersive display PRO? I have the Immersive working with my main computer, but I don't know how to start the FSX within the Immersive system. I know that the FSX exe file must be placed within the Immersive files, but where? Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Tommy

ddimm
11-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Ddimm,
Can you please tell me how to setup FSX to work with the Immersive display PRO? I have the Immersive working with my main computer, but I don't know how to start the FSX within the Immersive system. I know that the FSX exe file must be placed within the Immersive files, but where? Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Tommy

Hi - ImmersiveView starts when my desktop is loaded. Nothing to start before FSX. I sent your request onto Nikola over at Fly Elise-NG to see if he can assist you directly.

Nikola has been great at helping me out with my configuration and has gone above and beyond to make sure the software was working properly.

capttlm
11-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks ddimm, I got it working.
Tommy