PDA

View Full Version : SA-WXR weather radar broken with PFD Build 500

Ray Proudfoot
05-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi all,

I was having a real problem yesterday trying to get a wx radar from SA-WXR to display in the ND of PFD Build 500.

I'd changed every setting I could think of in the sa_wxr.cfg but to no avail. Overnight I decided that improbable though it seems the problem may lie with the PFD. So I reverted to 499F and it solved the problem.

I'm in discussion with Enrico about whether to raise a new ticket or tag it on an existing one. In the meantime you might want to avoid build 500 - just the PFD.

Delphi
05-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Ray,
please keep me updated. Same probleme here with my installation.

Ruediger

Ray Proudfoot
05-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Will do Ruediger. Still waiting to hear from Enrico. Juan has already raised a ticket over a week ago so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

tugo31
05-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the info, btw, i think posting the issues in the forum is a better and fastest way to solve them than tickets, im glad we can use this one.

Regards

Juan

Ray Proudfoot
05-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the info, btw, i think posting the issues in the forum is a better and fastest way to solve them than tickets, im glad we can use this one.

Regards

Juan

If you mean this forum Juan I'm not sure PM monitor it. Of course this is the only forum we can discuss PM since Enrico decided to close the PM one.

We have no alternative but to raise tickets for software problems. I suppose you could email him directly but he probably wouldn't appreciate that.

I have to say I'm far from impressed that having paid so much for PM software we are denied an official forum to discuss things and have to rely on this one. Looks to me like a case of shooting yourself in the foot. :roll:

tugo31
05-21-2013, 07:51 PM
I have to say I'm far from impressed that having paid so much for PM software we are denied an official forum to discuss things and have to rely on this one. Looks to me like a case of shooting yourself in the foot. :roll:

I never received any solution to my 2 tickets summited (first was a year ago, second last week), all the help for my software problems in the past were solved with the help of the members of the PM forum, i dont understand the reason for deleting the forum area at PM site.

Any way, we have to deal with this or find another choice for better support, but i don't have the money to spend on a new software option (sim-avionics) as many friends have done.

Best Regards

flightdeck
05-22-2013, 06:38 AM
Same here, I just placed a support ticket at PM as well!

Ray Proudfoot
05-22-2013, 07:24 AM
So because there is no official PM forum owners cannot see what others are having problems with. Consequently, multiple tickets are raised for the same problem.

I hope Enrico can see the flaw in his decision. It was stated on the PM website that we will eventually be able to see tickets raised by others. That would be no bad thing but what is really needed is the reinstatement of the forum.

I can understand that people were creating messages when they should have been raising a ticket but all that was required is a statement saying there will be no response to messages. A ticket HAS to be raised. I don't have a problem with that. No-one here would either I guess.

Ray Proudfoot
05-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Gents,

Enrico has released GC501A which fixes the SA-WXR radar problem.

tugo31
05-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Ok, lets give a try, thanks

Ray, are you using fs9 or fsx?

Ray Proudfoot
05-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Ok, lets give a try, thanks

Ray, are you using fs9 or fsx?

FS9. Hopefully it will be fine with FSX.

tugo31
05-23-2013, 05:03 PM
mmm, SA-WXR doesnt work with FSX.

Delphi
05-24-2013, 03:58 AM
I use SA-WXR with P3D. Works fine, so it should also work with FSX.

With the PM 501a the wx radar image display on the ND is ok (did not work with build 500).

The only issue left is the WX test of PM. Does not show the PM wx test image anymore. Ticket is applied regarding this issue to PM.

Ruediger

Peter Dowson
05-24-2013, 06:48 AM

Yes it does. I've been using it for years with FSX.

Pete

Ray Proudfoot
05-24-2013, 08:43 AM

When I raised the ticket I stated I was using FS2004. If you also raised a ticket and stated you used FSX then I would expect the new beta to work with that too. Can't imagine Enrico not checking the change he made also fixed FSX assuming it was broken in 500 as it was with FS2004.

tugo31
05-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Yes it does. I've been using it for years with FSX.

Pete

Never mind, i solved this for FSX, i spent almost 2 hours checking and i solved by changing the export directory on SA-WXR.CGF, voila!!

Any way, which one you prefer for weather display, SA-WXR OR PM GETWEATHER?

Which one is better?

Thanks to all

Juan

Ray Proudfoot
05-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Any way, which one you prefer for weather display, SA-WXR OR PM GETWEATHER?

Which one is better?

Juan

PM GETWEATHER can display a weather radar? Never knew that. But once when I was flying around Singapore PM GETWEATHER couldn't retrieve the ATIS so does it work worldwide?

tugo31
05-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Yes, but now there is a problem with the Europe data and doesnt display.

CBruce
05-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Seems to be working ok now for me now that am on GC 501a and FSX

CBruce
10-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Worked again for me to after 501a, but now with 501b and 501f not working anymore. Anyone else having this problem, I have ticketed PM