PDA

View Full Version : GA Pit V.2.0. Need some NAV COM Advice

surveyor780
04-24-2013, 05:09 PM
I put together a GA sim about a year ago, and have recently invested some dough into a redesign. I initially built the sim when I started working on my PPL, to practice approaches, but immediately found it useful for practicing everything else as well. I was happy (enough) with it until awhile back when I had the chance to spend about an hour in a full motion King Air sim at the air force training facility in Portage La Prairie MB. That'll ruin a guy for sitting on a dining chair, pretending those monitor bezels don't exist! Suddenly I became really interested in immersion.

So I've been squirreling money away, buying components, and I'm almost ready to start over.

I was lucky enough to buy a used Emuteq 530 for next to nothing, but I never actually had it set up because I didn't have a spare output on my GUI. I built another computer though, which I plan on dedicating to my forward views. This leaves room on the server to run the 530. My question is this: I haven't had the chance to play around with the GarSim yet (because everything has been dismantled) so I'm not sure what else to include in the radio stack. I have the Saitek NAV COM panel as well as their AP panel, but I would actually rather not use them. The 530 should take care of NAV 1&2 though, do I need the redundancy of another NAV COM panel? I don't really care about a transponder, and ADF is so uncommon even the full IFR planes I've flown don't have it, so I can scratch those. Other than a simple AP panel, any suggestions what else I might need? I only have 8 hours of instrument flying under my belt, but would like to set up my simulator so I can eventually practice IFR.

Thanks!

wisdom
06-29-2013, 05:36 PM
Please delete.
Thanks

I came up with:
For switches
8 toggle
3 Pull
6 Rocker
1 5 way key

rotaries will come later.