PDA

View Full Version : VOX ATC 6 RECOGNITION PROBLEMS

SKYWARRIOR
04-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Hi,
i have just installed Vox ATC 6 on my FSX system as a next stage addon.
It seems that it will be fine when it recognises me in particular but alas it does not seem to do so.
I have run and spoken the teach pages appx 6 times now, plus used the specific trainer flights and spoken their dialogue to teach many times.

The microphone works well as does the headset and yes I am pressing the spacebar when talking. If I say frequency change it responds with "Last aircraft say again" so its comumicating as a system. When I open the recent comms panel there is nothing on it though even the "Last aircraft say again" is not there.

I have tried everything including changing the headset from the Saitk Pro to another I had from wayback. Both seem to comunicate and show microphone output to more than adequate.
I am at a loss now and need your help please.
Any help very welcome.

Regards

David

i9 @ 350 Nvidia 680 GTX mg ram 4x 120 G SSD'S and 3x 27" Dell IPS screens Go Flight everywhere

ohsirus
04-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Been awhile since I used Vox, but make sure you are on the correct frequency also. IIRC Voxatc really only listens to the callsign once and I used to just blow in the mike to make it go past the "aircraft say again". Make sure your call sign is correct and you're on the correct frequency for the Airport you're using and just because FSX has its freq in their database, does not mean Vox does also.

SKYWARRIOR
04-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
It has taken me a day to try and get this set up and its nearly there but not quite. The panel comes up and says tune to this frequency 161.25 for the trainer flight and gives the call sign N1151D. I am flying a Cessna Citation /Mustang which is in the recognised register. When I deliver my message it is seen in the tranmission window in blue but there is never a reply. I can hear other traffic conversing with ATC and I can always get a response to frequency change. I have trained again since I posted but now its all over but the doing something else for the day. I was trying to get this to work today but it seems otherwise.

Thanks again

Regards

David

ohsirus
04-07-2013, 10:00 AM
You might want to go into VoxATC setting and check test your voices to make sure they all work. IIRC VOxatc does a test iwhen it initializes and it cycles thru all the voices, but maybe one is not registering.

Also there is a dedicated forum on Avsim for VOX where the resident gurus/dev hangs out.

SKYWARRIOR
04-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Hi and thank you. The test voices come on just after intialisation and the showing of the latest vesion which is what I have.

Thank you

Regards

David

Simaviator13
04-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Can you confirm that the button/key you have assigned for PTT (push to talk) is set properly and the key is working? Maybe try a different key to troubleshoot this as the issue?