PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL problems / best grafic card for FMGS

mardar
01-12-2013, 06:06 AM
Hi there,

since a while Iīm really struggling with a lot of crashes caused by my Nvidia cards and the OpenGL drivers which are crashing as soon I start any of the displays (ND, SD, ECAM, PFD). I get all possible error codes like "The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with display driver and is unable to continue", Error code 3,5,7,8... and so on. This happens on three of my four computers, where on of them is equipped with an ASUS EN9600GT and two of them have an onboard Nvidia GeForce 6150LE display card.
I tried all possible solutions which I could find in the internet, including a fresh installation of WIN7, latest driver update, tweaking the WIN registry to extend the fault detection, but none of them has solved this problem.

As for the moment I donīt see any other possibility then investing into three new graphic cards, but before doing so I would like to ask you which graphic cards you are using in order to choose a working one. I donīt need any state-of-the-art-high-end-card, as my setup is as followed:

Computer 1 (AMD Athlon dual core 3800+ with onboard GeForce 6150LE ) running CPT PFD & ND
Computer 2 (AMD Athlon dual core 3800+ with onboard GeForce 6150LE ) running FO PFD & ND
Computer 3 (AMD Athlon 2600 with ASUS EN9600GT) running ECAM, SD and STBY instrumemts.

It would be really appreciated if you could let me know which cards you are using and running well, in order to decide to by the new cards!

Thanks alot for your help

Dennis

jeehell
01-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Hello Dennis,

This is pretty strange as gfx card with an NVidia chipset are usually much more OpenGL friendly than ATI ones... I do myself use an Nvidia GTX 280. Never ever had a single driver crash.
I suspect that onboard cards are not the best option. It could also be another problem linked to your computer specs such as CPU and/or RAM. If I were you I'd try first with only one new card to see if it solves your issue.

If people reading this forum could post to help you decide also...
I see you come from Alsace, you may want to try the french aircockpit forum, where there is a thread dedicated to my soft.

Best regards,
JL