PDA

View Full Version : A320 FMGS beta 30

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jeehell
10-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi all,

latest version B29 is available here:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B30.exe

The update is also available through the automatic updater.

Cheers,
JL

Leonidas
10-20-2012, 03:43 AM
Hi JL
At a first glance:
1. Communication is established when the server starts first. If the clients are open and then the server starts, there is no connection.
2. I can't see my flight plans from MCDU DATA menu.
3. MCDU and FCU freezes when I press PILOTS ROUTES button.
4. My CPflight FCU is working, but LEDs are off. Only the main display's LED are on.

Do you prefer a clean installation instead of update, at the new versions?

Regards

jeehell
10-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi Leonidas,

I will lokk at these issues.

If the sofware works with B27 version, you do not need a clean install.

regards
JL

stefangr
10-21-2012, 06:12 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for the new version.

It looks like I am having problems with the network connection now: From time to time I am having massive delays between inputs (e.g. Joystick, Throttle, MCDU + FCU inputs) and the reaction of the system (display change etc). Sometimes it's OK, but there are periods where the A/C becomes unflyable, delays of several seconds. I did not have these problems with B26. I have added the third port in server's and client's widefmgs.ini. Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
10-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Hi Stefan,

Do you use the new FSX version of the software?
Can you look up the task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and check CPU usage when the slow downs occur in the process tab? (look at which software increases it's CPU usage..)

JL

stefangr
10-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Hi JL,

I have just made the update through the Updater.exe - I was not aware that there is a separate FSX version. Can I see which version I am using? Flightsim is FS9.

I will check the CPU usage on the next test flight. I have also seen that the display in the Sound module itself always switches between "connected" and "not connected" to FMGS.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
10-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Well if you use FS9 and the software itself work (even with lags...) then you're using the FS9 version.
During installation, it asked for FS9 and/or FSX support.

JL

stefangr
10-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Hi JL,

just made another check on the ground already: was increasing the altitude on the FCU and waited approx. 15 seconds for the display to show the new value.

I observed the CPU load on both the server and the client PC at that time, but I cannot find anything weird: On the client I am having a total of 15-20% CPU usage, most of it used by ND.exe which makes 9 or 10%, no change of that during the lag.

On the server PC having between 60 and 70% CPU usage in total, most of it by FS9.EXE which makes 28%, but also the other ones don't show big changes during the lag.

I have run the updater on both PCs before as you obviously provided an update during the last hours.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
10-21-2012, 09:33 AM
This is strange. I suspect your firewall or antivirus which might slow things down?
The update was not about this issue, it was a bug only a couple persons noticed. Though it might be linked. Tell me if it made any change?

JL

stefangr
10-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Don't think that antivirus or firewall should be slowing it down, because it did not before. I also made a backup of B26, and this is working fine.

I made my tests already after your last update, so there is no change. Just did one test again, this time the MCDU was stuttering for seconds after I entered origin and destination airports: some seconds before the display responded.

Also I cannot start the client first and then the server: the server will then not recognize all displays. This also worked before. What is also weird (as described before) that the sound module most time says it is not connected.

Thanks
Stefan

stefangr
10-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Regarding the Sound Module:
The module itself most times says "Not Connected to FMGS Server", whereas A320 Server Module says "Sound: Connected" permanently. Also the Sound Module shows as being version B26 and not B27. Maybe that's a hint?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
10-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Thats not normal, it should read B27.
Try this one: http://www.jeehell.org/Sound.exe

JL

stefangr
10-21-2012, 01:22 PM
OK thanks, installed that one, but unfortunately it doesn't make any change. Still most time showing "Not Connected to FMGS Server" and still having these big response times from time to time :(

Starter.exe shows also as B26. Is that a problem?

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
10-21-2012, 04:46 PM
I will keep looking. If any other members here have the same issue, please report!

JL

tom19
10-22-2012, 02:55 AM
Hi JL,

and thank for latest updates, this is getting better and better :D
I have a problem with online flying in IVAO. When I turn transponder to mode C on your software, it turn IVAP to STBY. I also can't use my cockpit switch anymore to change the mode (offset $0354). Any ideas for this one?

Thanks and regards,
Tommi

SimStar001
10-22-2012, 04:05 AM
Hello JL,

I have also problems with inputs, which actions are delayed for about 4 up to 6 seconds....

Best Regards!

MArco

Leonidas
10-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi JL
At a first glance:
1. Communication is established when the server starts first. If the clients are open and then the server starts, there is no connection.
2. I can't see my flight plans from MCDU DATA menu.
3. MCDU and FCU freezes when I press PILOTS ROUTES button.
4. My CPflight FCU is working, but LEDs are off. Only the main display's LED are on.
Regards

After last online update:
1. No change
2. It's OK now
3. No change (when MCDU starts after reading database says: "MCDU DISPLAY PROBLEM PLEASE REPORT ISSUE". The same when you try to enter to A/C STATUS.
4. No change (but I discovered when I close and reopen the starter, it's OK. I don't know if this helps you...)

Regards

Fritz
10-22-2012, 03:08 PM
First I have to say, thanks JeeHell great job!

I had problems with version 2.6 but version 2.7 works fine for me.

At the first time my MCDU (Flightdeck Solutions) freeze also. I edit the IIT.dll with the IITcreator
and stored it again. In the IITcreator I have seen that there is no longer any distinction between Cpt. and FO
led for MW and MC. I had to adjust the setting. Then it worked again. I have also a small delay after
entry into the MCDU but this is only slightly more than in the previous version but its ok for me.

The FCU of CPFlight works without problems. Initially, I also thought that something is wrong.
But then I noticed that the FCU now start only if the battery in the overhead is switched on.
In the previous version, the FCU started as soon as the FMGS_Server was executed.

The only problem that I had after a perfect flight, was that engine 1 started again even I have switched it off.
But will test it again.

jeehell
10-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Hello all,

Ok I will look at the various iisues you all had.

regards,
JL

jeehell
10-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Hi,

a small update is available on the automatic updater. I tried to reduce the lag through the network, as well as correct squawk issues.

Cheers,
JL

Leonidas
10-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Although my problems remain (see #17), B27 is much more stable I think. I can now change STARs during flight, with no freezes or craches...

stefangr
10-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for the update. I have made a test flight now, but unfortunately my lag problems persist. What kind of legs I have seen during the flight:

- OVHD - waiting for Anti Ice lights to illuminate: 10-15 secs delay
- FCU - Speed changes: 2 - 3 secs delay
- FCU - FD + ILS switch: 50 secs delay
- and some other...

Of course at other stages during the flight, everything was fine, it just happens from time to time. Lucky for the pax that it did not happen during final :)

Thanks for your efforts
Best regards
Stefan

janinp
10-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Bonjour a tous,

D'abord un grand bravo à Jeehell. La version 27 est très stable. J'ai mis du temps à l'installer avec mon hardware fscockpit. En effet il faut vraiment passer par l'update après l'install de la B27.
Je confirme que sur le pc en réseau (celui qui n' a pas fsx), il n'y a pas de starterfsx qui s'est installé et le starter.exe indique la version B26 malgré l'update (pas grave je pense).
Sinon j'ai deux questions :
- un truc bête, je n'arrive plus à armer les spoilers. La combinaison shift + / déploie les spoilers mais n'arme rien. L'assignation de touche Arm toggle dans fsuipc ne fonctionne pas non plus. C'est bizarre et genant pour décollage et atterrissage.
- pour démarrer un programme externe automatiquement dans starter.ini comment fait on pour lui indiquer de démarrer dans la bonne directory pour qu'il prenne en charge le fichier i.i qui est rattachée à l'application : exemple j'indique le chemin pour l'appli fscockpitdriver, ca marche - il le lance mais sans lancer le fichier .ini ce qui pose problème.

Merci de votre aide.

Pierre

jeehell
10-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Only in English on this forum please...
There is a French forum where I provide support (and you posted over there as well...).

JL

tom19
10-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi All!

I'm starting my overhead project and just want to check if someone knows better than me:
Does JL:s SiocCreator support Opencockpits USBOutputs card for leds?

Thanks in advance,
Tommi

jeehell
10-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi,

It should be compatible, as long as you correctly declared the USBoutput card in SIOC.ini. The outputs number will be numbered after the last output of the last declared Master card I think (you will have to check through Controlador for the outputs numbers).

JL

Airmichel
10-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Hello JL,

First of all thanks for the new version B27.

I have good news and bad news. I changed my system to windows 7 and fsx, and ND is displayed again. The bad news is, i have the same problems like Stefan.From time to time I have big delays with the overhead and the MCDU. For me it's the network traffic. I have a network utilization of 95% with 100 MB /s. On my main computer with 1 Gbit / s is it 25%. But it's not all the time.
The second problem is the Widefmgsserver. After everything is connected, I have the following error messages: "0#MSG"is not a valid boolean value / "2#MSG" is not a valid integer value. Is it possible that these errors have to do with the exchange of sound.exe?

greetings Micha

jeehell
10-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the information, 95% of 100MB/s is a lot of trafic!!
I'm working on it, I hope to be able to find the solution soon.

Regards,
JL

Airmichel
10-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Hello JL,

I've done some tests. The sound.exe is not the problem.I have re-installed on all computers version B27, and when I use the update function I get the following error message on all PCs: Access violation at address 76A80B8B in modules "kernel32.dll" Write of address 00408518. Perhaps the updates are not installed correctly? The error message comes at the end of the installation. The "Done" button can not be pressed. At the moment the error messages from my first posting come continuously on all PCs. The switch in my cockpit either not work, or with a long delay. At the moment flying is impossible. I hope you have a solution to these problems.

best regards

Micha

AirFan
10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Hello JL,

I have not ran b27 yet. So I cant say anything about network behaviour. However I downloaded it, installed it and ran the updater.
after roughly 90% your downloader stopped at "OVHD2.bmp". A new window pops up "Socket Error # 10053 - Software caused connection abort". After that I assume the update has been cancelled. Any idea? Tried it several times. No chance.
Right now it is not clear which version we download from the internet and which version we load with the updater. Or is the latest download always the latest version?

Regards,
Rob

tom19
10-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi JL,
thanks for the update for TCAS (mode Charlie). Now it works fine when using MCDU. But when I try set to mode CHARLIE via my panel (SIOC) that dont't work. Your software is blocking fsuipc commands. So, now I cant't use my TCAS "hardware" for setting CHARLIE....

Airmichel
10-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Hello JL,

I have made ​​some tests. If I install the version B27 without updates, no error messages occur. After about 20 minutes or more my switches work correctly without delay. In the task manager I can not see which process is responsible.
If I install the updates I immediately following error messages:
On the Server PC:
A320 SERVER / Access violation at address 0045611F in modules Fmgs_Server.exe Read of address 07CAF640

On the Client PC with OVHD:
Widefmgs / MSG is not a valid integer value
The same error messages comes on the Client PC with MCDU.

On the Client PC with PFD and ND:
CPT ND / Access violation at address 75A89B60 in modules msvcpt.dll Read of address 082C8000.
CPT ND / External exception 80000001.

I hope these messages help you to find the problem.

regards Micha

jeehell
11-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi Micha,

Ok thanks for the feedback again. I'm currently working on improvements I hope it will be available in the weekend at the latest.

JL

jeehell
11-02-2012, 11:31 AM
There is an update available, again trying to fix wideFMGS issues.
Here is a link to the full installation package as well:
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B27.1.exe

There is a fourth port to declare in wideFMGS.ini files.
However, only 3 of them will show up as 'connected' in the wideFMGS windows, the fourth being UDP it is "connection less".

Waiting for your feedbacks,
JL

jeehell
11-02-2012, 02:33 PM
If you encounter any troubles with wideFMGS not connecting, please download this version:
http://www.jeehell.org/WideFMGS.exe
If you downloaded the update after this post, it is not necessary to download that patch.

JL

stefangr
11-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for the updates, I downloaded the latest version this morning through the automatic updater.

Unfortunately this has not solved my problems. I tried to make a test flight LSZH/LFMN, but before reaching T/C the aircraft became unflyable because of the big response times. I noticed this already when entering the route in MCDU that in some cases it took again some seconds until the next page displayed. Obviously it was getting worse during the flight. After my "touchdown" in the Swiss mountains I switched off the engines and I needed to wait approx 30 seconds until they actually were going down.

I have changed the widefmgs.ini before and expanded it to 4 ports. It is looking like this on both PCs now:
[widefmgs]
ip=192.168.2.251 (this line exists only on client PC of course)
port=8003
port2=8004
port3=8005
port4=8006

WideFMGS window says:
Port 8004: connected
Port 8003: connected
Port 8005: connected
Port 8006: connected

This is all looking fine, is it? Is there anything I can do to make more debugging or checking any logs to find out where the problem is coming from?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Stefan

jeehell
11-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi Stefan,

Go to the task manager, then networking tab. What is the total network usage when everything is Ok and when the lag is at maximum?

JL

stefangr
11-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi JL,

just checked this during another flight: There is no change between "OK" and "lag" - it is always between 8.7 and 9.2% network usage. I had some legs during the flight, but they were not as significant as in the flight before (maximum was around 3 secs I guess).

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
11-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Hi Stefan

I don't remember your exact configuration. Can you post it again? I need to know how many computers, with CPU specs, and software distribution.
It is working on other people setups apparently, so maybe there are issues with your particular setup.

JL

stefangr
11-04-2012, 05:01 AM
Hi JL,

this is my config:

PC1 (Server):
-------------
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40 GHz / 8 GB RAM / 240 GB SSD / 500 GB HD / 1x Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti

Connected hardware: 1x Logitech Joystick Attack 3 / 1x Saitek Throttle Quadrant / Logitech cordless keyboard + mouse / 1x Logitech X230 speaker system 2.1 / 1x monitor

JL components:
FMGS_Server=yes
Sound=yes
HardwareConnect=yes
wideFMGSserver=yes

Other software: Win7 64-bit / FS9 / Registered FSUIPC 3.999w / Active Sky Evolution / AI Smooth 1.12 / AES / FS2Crew RAAS / FSDiscover / FS Flightkeeper (only sometimes) / several sceneries / MS Security Essentials

PC2 (Client):
-------------
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40 GHz / 8 GB RAM / 1000 GB HD / 3x Nvidia Geforce GT 440

Connected hardware: 3x monitor (Keyboard + mouse available from PC1 through "Mouse without borders")

JL components:
OVHD=yes
FCU=yes
MCDU=yes
FO_MCDU=yes
PFD=yes
ND=yes
EWD=yes
SD=yes
wideFMGS=yes

Other software: Win7 64-bit / Feelthere Map (only sometimes, not during test flights) / MS Security Essentials

If you need more information, please let me know. Thanks,
Stefan

Airmichel
11-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Hello JL,

I have the same problems like Stefan. Over the whole time there is a delay of about 5 seconds. The rotary's do not feel smooth.My network traffic is still between 30% and 80% with 100MB Network. It is the same problem with Win7 and Win XP. The 1GBit Network has 23% that works fine. I'am standing at the Gate in LSZH and do nothing, but the network traffic is on 80%. Why?

regards Micha

jeehell
11-04-2012, 09:58 AM
HI,

@Stefan: can you try running FS with the minimum settings? i.e. no addons, graphics settings really reduced and FPS target at around 30fps?

@Micha: the network traffic is not linked to the FMGS activity at all. All the data from the server and FS has to be transferred to remote clients. This means a lot of data (around 50kB every 40ms so around 1MB every seconds). I'm trying to reduce the amount of data (some data can be transferred with slower rates), but this is a long process...

JL

Leonidas
11-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi
I just finished a very succesfull LGTS/LGAV. After the November 2nd update (from my #2 post): 1,2,4 issues remain, but are all minor.
I think this is the most stable and most fast version. For my point of view at least.
Thank you

AirFan
11-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi all,

some POSITIVE feedback from my side: Just installed b27.1. Everything appears to be fine after the first flight. My current setup: all inputs attached to server PC, running FSX, OVHD, AP, CPT PFD and CPT ND. Client runs ECAMs, STBY and FO's PFD and ND. All display are smooth. No lag.

@ JL: a tiny logic bug for you --> when AC has no power the stick priority callouts are working. I guess in real life the AC would remain silent.

Cheers,
Rob

Airmichel
11-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Hi JL,
Good news! I changed my come plete network to 1 Gbit. Network traffic on Server 25% / Network traffic on 3 Client max 9%. I think the problem was the different network speeds. No connection problems, all works fine.

Big thanks for a great version B27.1.

I have another little problem. After takeoff I push the AP1 or AP2 Button to fly managed. When i do this, the Airbus climb with more than 7000Ft/min and goes in Stallspeed. I have this happens with every flight.

regards Micha

jeehell
11-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of answers these past days, but the forum suffered various breakdowns. Apparently it is all back in order now.
Meanwhile, there were updates available through the automatic updater, tell me how it worked out for you.

Regards,
JL

Airmichel
11-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Hello JL,

well that the forum is working again. Even with the new update I have the same problem with delay.I noticed that both cores are utilized between 100% and 96% when running FSX. If I press a switch at 96%, it works without delay. I think it has nothing to do with the network traffic, but with the cpu utilization. I started the FSX all controller left 60%. After the FSX I started the Cockpit software, and the utilization was at 100%. If the fsx runs in the taskbar he use only 6% performance from the cpu, when I start the Cockpit software is the utilization immediately to 100%. Can it be that the Cockpit software almost 100% of the power needed? Currently I have a dual core 3GHz, it would be interesting how this behaves on a faster PC. With the new update I have the impression that the connection on the network works better. After update I have no disconnections. Will test it further.
I hope, I can help you with these findings to solve the problem.

Regards,

Micha

tom19
11-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Hi all,

about these lagging issues. One of my computers is single core and it works just fine - not great but fine :) . I'm using FS9. Maybe the lagging is not FMGS related?

AUA171
11-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi JL!

I'm not sure how to use FSUIPCmodule.dll located in "Hardware Modules"-Directory instead of WideClient.
Beside SIOC code created with SIOCCreator, I wrote additional SIOC code for the ADIRS display using FSUIPC offsets.
I run SIOC on a 2nd PC (not FS-PC). Everything created with SIOCCreator is working but accessing FSUIPC offests do not work.
Only when I run WideClient, which should not be necessary, isn't it?
Did I understand something wrong or could you explain what this library is for and how to use it?

Thx
Christian

jeehell
11-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Hi,

Micha, what software is running on this computer exactly? Can you tell me how many % of CPU each take?
The FMGS server and the ND both need quite a lot of CPU, if they are on the same computer it can be a problem. Also, if you have the ND on that computer, do not use the TERR ON ND features, this is very CPU consuming as well.
I myself use a quadcore i7 @ 2.8GHz, and it can run ALL the software at the same time (CPT and ND) on 2 different screens. The number of screens is also a concern, it can increase CPU need.

@AUA171: FSUIPCmodule does not replace wideclient, nor does WideFMGS.
- I wanted to remove as much FSUIPC references as possible to enhance performance in the I/O applications. But I do not want to replace it, it does very well what it does.
- WideFMGS allows the data from FS and from my software to flow through the network without needing Wideclient to do that particularly. It does not propagate all the FSUIPC data for the sake of performance.
- FSUIPCmodule is required if you want to use FSUIPC offsets to link hardware to my software (i.e. if you do not use FDS or Opencockpit boards). If you do not install it, the list of FSUIPC offsets published in the user guide will not work.
- if you want to use FSUIPC offsets through the network (on a remote computers), that computers will NEED WideClient.
- Unless you have troubles on the Main computer, I do recommend plugging all hardware on that computer to minimize network lag. If your computer cannot support FS/FMGS Server and SIOC at the same time, most likely it cannot support FS/FMGS Server only at the same time.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
11-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Hi JL,

here is the screenshot of the only crash I encountered so far with 27.1. I think it popped up with the changed the ND range with ALL waypoints visible.
What have you changed in the new update?

question regarding a logic thing: during rejected TO the spoiler go up and the AC brakes automatically when you set the throttles back to idle. But the DECEL korry only comes alive when you activate reverse thrust. Is that the real deal on the real AC? I would assume it comes on right when you idle the throttles and the AC brakes, totally independent of reverse thrust.

Cheers,
Rob7236

jeehell
11-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi,

The new update changed the communication on the network.
On a RTO, and even after landing, the DECEL light comes ON only if the ABrakes are activated and the actual deceleration is above a threshold. It can take a couple seconds before that threshold is reached...

Cheers,
JL

stefangr
11-13-2012, 04:08 AM
HI,

@Stefan: can you try running FS with the minimum settings? i.e. no addons, graphics settings really reduced and FPS target at around 30fps?

JL

Hi,

I have made a lot of tests in the meantime, the last one was with: no scenery addons, graphics settings to "very low", no weather, no AI traffic, fps locked to 25 (as already always before), no EGPWS etc.

Unfortunately my problem persists, from time to time having legs of several seconds. My network traffic is always < 1% (it was around 10% last week, did you change something in that area? It looks like the update from the weekend has improved that).

My overall CPU performance on the server PC is around 55%. The first core has 100% (as FS9 is running there and cannot be split to several cores), the other 3 cores have each around 40 to 50%. I also moved the FMGS Server process to cores 2-4, but this did not make any change.

I have also made a test with disabling the Windows Firewall, but the problem persisted. I even had the impression that the lags were happening more often and lasted longer in this case. I will try another test without firewall once more soon to check if that happened just by accident or if this is always the case.

Network and CPU traffic always remained the same during the lags, there were no peaks. I also ran a permanent ping on both PCs, pinging the other PC all the time, the response times were <= 1 ms always. Maybe I could use a network analysis tool like Wireshark or Colasoft Capsa to get more into detailed network traffic analysis?

Thanks
Stefan

Leonidas
11-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi JL
My feedback after last update:
All my issues mentioned at #2 post are solved! BUT there is lag 2-3 seconds at MCDU and CPFlight FCU and frame loss on avionics and FS itself. It's difficult to complete a flight leg.

dufour01
11-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Dear Jeehell

With ver. 27 I experienced problems with the F/O MCDU flickering. The CAPT MCDU works is fine. Is there are setting I could change? What information would you need to investigate further?

Thank you very much for all your work with this great software.

Best, Arie

t

jeehell
11-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I had a computer crash sorry for the last days not being able to asnwer.

@Stefan: never ever force the software on a prticular cores, you have to let them decide which core(s) is(are) the best for them. Also, FPS around 30 is best I think.

@Leonidas: can you try to check if not using hardware connect improves the loss of FPS on FS? did you lock FS FPS? if not, do it at around 30fps.

@Dufour01: Do you run CPT and FO MCDU on the same computer?

Regards,
JL

AirFan
11-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi JL,

welcome back ;)
Have you changed anything on the FBW from 26 to 27? I cant really tell but I noticed some issues with the current version. Example:
trimmed leveled flight --> pure sidestick input to bank up to ~ 25°. All fine. But when you now smoothly increase the pitch, the bank also increases and even leaves the 33° range.

and

sometimes if I do really really minor inputs in pitch, the initial pitch reaction of the AC is inverse to stickinput. Thats only the case for really small stick inputs and if I increase the stick input the AC goes in the correct direction. No joystick axis set in FSX. Neutral ranges at 2000. I am not sure but this effect might depent on the pitch/roll sensetivities one can define in AP.exe.

any clue or confirmation about these effects?

Thanks!!!!
Rob

jeehell
11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi Rob,

I will check that, but I haven't changed AP behaviour. Only G-load calculation is different, because in FSX I now use simconnect and no longer FSUIPC to retrieve gload. Do you use FSX with the new FSXconnect software?

JL

AirFan
11-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi,

yes... I use the new StarterFSX.exe . And I just retried it. Both issues remain. Roll/pitch sensetivity set at -17 for both. I might try the FSUIPC version this weekend to see if the issue persists.

Thanks alot!
Great SW!

Rob

AirFan
11-15-2012, 06:14 PM
ok... just quickly tried the FSUIPC starter.exe. Same results. 25 deg roll combined with smooth and constant pitch up inputs leads to an increase of bank angle beyond 33deg. AND for small pitch down inputs the AC increase the climb rate. This behaviour is overruled with more pitch down stick input so at the end the AC goes in right direction. Really weird.

good night! :)

Rob

dufour01
11-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Dear JL

No, the MCDUs for CPT and FO are separated, on two distinct computers.

Best regards and thank you.

Hi,

I had a computer crash sorry for the last days not being able to asnwer.

@Stefan: never ever force the software on a prticular cores, you have to let them decide which core(s) is(are) the best for them. Also, FPS around 30 is best I think.

@Leonidas: can you try to check if not using hardware connect improves the loss of FPS on FS? did you lock FS FPS? if not, do it at around 30fps.

@Dufour01: Do you run CPT and FO MCDU on the same computer?

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
11-16-2012, 02:35 AM
Hi,
JL

Not really. It does not improve the loss of fps. And yes it's locked at 25fps.
After 2-3 flights-restarts the whole impression is much better. Is something like that possible? Now the only important thing is a lag mostly at hardware interfaces (FCU-Throttles-Sidestick) and secontly at software MCDU.
Regards

AUA171
11-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi JL!

I have a timing problem with SIOC. My OVH Panel is connected via Opencockpits cards (SIOC).
Everytime switching on the Main BATs it takes many seconds (minutes) that something happens on my OVHD, meaning no display, no Korry lights.
In your OVHD software everthing lights up immediately. Every output event (e.g. press a button) works fine, I can check in OVHD software.
The only thing what helps is when I reload SIOC. Then everything works smooth.

Any idea (maybe a bug in the SIOCmodule)?
Has anybody else a similiar issue?

Let me know if you need more specific info.

Christian

jeehell
11-16-2012, 01:52 PM
@Leonidas: how is your hardware setup? plugged into your main computer? this is the best way to do it.

@Christian: this is strange. Same question to you, do you plug your opencockpit cards on the main computer?

JL

AirFan
11-16-2012, 02:46 PM
@Leonidas: how is your hardware setup? plugged into your main computer? this is the best way to do it.

@Christian: this is strange. Same question to you, do you plug your opencockpit cards on the main computer?

JL

Hi guys,

I also use the "main computer" setup. All hardware connected to main PC. Clients only drive the displays. Works great. No lag issues. Never had one.

@ JL: Have you tried the FBW issues?

Cheers,
Rob

AUA171
11-16-2012, 03:04 PM
JL

I tried both, OC-USB-Expansion Card plugged into FS Computer and then in another. Its the same behaviour.
I reinstalled SIOC already and ran SIOCCreator again but without any success.
Next I will temporarily remove my own SIOC Code and remove FSUIPCmodule.dll as well to see if this has an impact or not.

Christian

Leonidas
11-17-2012, 05:20 AM
JL

All connected to main pc

jeehell
11-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi,

I will keep looking to see why there is this lag in hardware interface. Just so you know, I do not experience it so it is hard to find it...

@Rob: haven't had the time yet.

JL

stefangr
11-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi,

Hi JL,

just tried to make another test flight with all graphic settings to very low, with no addons active, not changing any core assignments and with FPS locked to 30. Unfortunately my problem persists, e.g. needed to wait 7 seconds for the MCDU to react after pressing LSK4.

Thanks
Stefan

Leonidas
11-18-2012, 04:13 AM
Hi,
I will keep looking to see why there is this lag in hardware interface. Just so you know, I do not experience it so it is hard to find it...
JL

Hi
After the last online update of B.26 the response become rapid! What did you change at the last online update of B.27?
I think it's not hard for you to find it ...:roll:

jeehell
11-18-2012, 04:47 AM
Hi,

I do not understand your post. B26 was fine but not B27?
As far as I know, other people experience the contrary?

JL

stefangr
11-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Hi,

JL

Hi JL,

I know you did not refer to my post, but for me it's the same: Connection was fine in B26, since update to B27 I am having the delays.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
11-18-2012, 06:24 AM
I can understand there are differences in network connection between b26 and b27, as there were changes in network protocol.
however, regarding hardware inputs there were no changes at all so it's a bit startling...

JL

stefangr
11-18-2012, 08:17 AM
I can understand there are differences in network connection between b26 and b27, as there were changes in network protocol.
however, regarding hardware inputs there were no changes at all so it's a bit startling...

JL

OK, then my case indeed might be different because there is no hardware yet connected to my PCs, except Joystick and Saitek Throttle.

Stefan

jeehell
11-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Stefan,

Can you describe your issues more precisely?
What is your exact configuration? Also check your CPU and network usage in the task manager.
The more details you can give the better...

JL

stefangr
11-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Stefan,

Can you describe your issues more precisely?
What is your exact configuration? Also check your CPU and network usage in the task manager.
The more details you can give the better...

JL

Hi JL,

from time to time (but on each flight) I am having delays between input and response (e.g. pressing a key on MCDU or changing heading or speed on FCU, also OVHD). Currently I am not using any hardware modules, only Logitech joystick and Saitek throttle quadrant (with complex joy because of reverse switch). As I said, I did not have these delays with B26.

This is my config:

PC1 (Server):
-------------
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40 GHz / 8 GB RAM / 240 GB SSD / 500 GB HD / 1x Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti

Connected hardware: 1x Logitech Joystick Attack 3 / 1x Saitek Throttle Quadrant / Logitech cordless keyboard + mouse / 1x Logitech X230 speaker system 2.1 / 1x monitor

JL components:
FMGS_Server=yes
Sound=yes
HardwareConnect=yes
wideFMGSserver=yes

Other software: Win7 64-bit / FS9 / Registered FSUIPC 3.999w / Active Sky Evolution / AI Smooth 1.12 / AES / FS2Crew RAAS / FSDiscover / FS Flightkeeper (only sometimes) / several sceneries / MS Security Essentials

PC2 (Client):
-------------
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40 GHz / 8 GB RAM / 1000 GB HD / 3x Nvidia Geforce GT 440

Connected hardware: 3x monitor (Keyboard + mouse available from PC1 through "Mouse without borders")

JL components:
OVHD=yes
FCU=yes
MCDU=yes
FO_MCDU=yes
PFD=yes
ND=yes
EWD=yes
SD=yes
wideFMGS=yes

Other software: Win7 64-bit / Feelthere Map (only sometimes, not during test flights) / MS Security Essentials

I have made a lot of tests as you suggested: no scenery addons, graphics settings to "very low", no weather, no AI traffic, no other addons, fps locked to 30 (as already always before), no EGPWS etc.

Unfortunately my problem persists, from time to time having legs of several seconds. My network traffic is always < 1%. My overall CPU performance on the server PC is around 55%, on the client PC it is around 15%. Network and CPU traffic always remained the same during the lags, there were no peaks. I also ran a permanent ping on both PCs, pinging the other PC all the time, the response times were <= 1 ms always. Maybe I could use a network analysis tool like Wireshark or Colasoft Capsa to get more into detailed network traffic analysis?

Thanks
Stefan

Leonidas
11-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Hi,
JL

I had always lag issues until you publish the last online update of B.26, just before B.27. From that point it was perfect, but after the last online update of B.27 the lag appeared again. Thank you

tom19
11-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Hi JL!

Yesterday during descent and initial approach I had A.FLOOR. All controls went dead. No respond on joystick, throttle or SIOC. Nothing worked anymore. This was the second time I had this. Any idea what might cause this? My speed was 280 knots and vertical speed around -1500ft at 12000ft.

Kind regards,

Tommi

stefangr
11-20-2012, 04:20 AM
Hi JL!

Yesterday during descent and initial approach I had A.FLOOR. All controls went dead. No respond on joystick, throttle or SIOC. Nothing worked anymore. This was the second time I had this. Any idea what might cause this? My speed was 280 knots and vertical speed around -1500ft at 12000ft.

Kind regards,

Tommi

Hi Tommi,

I had the same, I think on 3 flights during last week. As I was afraid that I am the only one, I did not mention this yet... I first thought it might have something to do with Active Sky Evolution, but was not sure. Are you using Active Sky?

The effects are the same as you mention: Speed suddenly during descent goes down to zero, A/C tries to resolve this by activating A.FLOOR, engines spooling up, increasing speed, nose going down, after some time speed indicator recovers, of course then going to overspeed, nose going right up, excessive G forces and so on. During all that time I have no chance to make any inputs to the FCU, simply doesn't react. No way to switch off A/T. Speed before this was around 270/280 knots, around 10000-12000 feet. Engine + Wing Anti Ice and Pitot Heat were on.

Regards
Stefan

tom19
11-20-2012, 05:50 AM
Hi Stefan!

Exactly the same situation as I have. I'm also using Active Sky Evo but I have used that a quite while and had never before these problems.

Tommi

AirFan
11-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi JL,

I assume it seems there are currently some other issues like "The network" in focus of your work. However, I just noticed another little thing for your todo list: The "SPEED BRAKE STILL OUT" ECAM MSG is missing. It should pop up when the Throttles are not in idle and the speed brake is still extended.

Thank you & regards
Rob

jeehell
11-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi,

I'll add it eventually. There are a LOT of ECAM messages, this will take a long time ;-)

Cheers,
JL

stefangr
11-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi JL,

from time to time (but on each flight) I am having delays between input and response (e.g. pressing a key on MCDU or changing heading or speed on FCU, also OVHD). Currently I am not using any hardware modules, only Logitech joystick and Saitek throttle quadrant (with complex joy because of reverse switch). As I said, I did not have these delays with B26.

I have made a lot of tests as you suggested: no scenery addons, graphics settings to "very low", no weather, no AI traffic, no other addons, fps locked to 30 (as already always before), no EGPWS etc.

Unfortunately my problem persists, from time to time having legs of several seconds. My network traffic is always < 1%. My overall CPU performance on the server PC is around 55%, on the client PC it is around 15%. Network and CPU traffic always remained the same during the lags, there were no peaks. I also ran a permanent ping on both PCs, pinging the other PC all the time, the response times were <= 1 ms always. Maybe I could use a network analysis tool like Wireshark or Colasoft Capsa to get more into detailed network traffic analysis?

Thanks
Stefan

Hi JL,

just to let you know that I have made some more test flights - in total now 4 flights which all went well. My issue seems to be gone. The one thing I changed before was disabling MS Essentials. I am not yet 100% confident that this is/was the root cause, but at least it seems like that. I will do some more tests, also one or two with enabling Essentials again to check if the problem comes back.

Do you think that Essentials might be the cause? I have it on the system from the beginning, but the problems only started with B27. Maybe anyone else has encountered anything similar?

I will keep you updated.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
11-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi Stefan,

It is hard to tell. All security software can be a problem, I know that Norton and Avast can cause some issues as well. Hopefully this was the cause of your issues, and now it's solved.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
11-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi JL
After last update I can't fly with AP on, because A/C increases its pitch angle very much until stall. I try managed and selected mode with different V/S values, but it's the same. Any ideas?

jeehell
11-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi,

If you use FSX, do you start my software using starterFSX? it is the recommended way for FSX.

Cheers
JL

Leonidas
11-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi,
If you use FSX, do you start my software using starterFSX? it is the recommended way for FSX.
Cheers
JL

Solved, thanks.
Two issues left for me: 1-2sec lag for hardware (FCU, Thrust levers, Sidestick, Flaps, Spoilers etc) and MCDU software (Overhead panel software is rapid!...)
FCU leds turn on after 2-3 times turning on-off the FMGS starter, eventhough it's working properly (exept the lag)
Regards

Leonidas
11-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi to all...
I think my lag problem is just a part of general performance problem at version B.27. Everything except overhead panel works with lag and fps loss, even the PC that runs just PFD-ND. There is no smoothness at all. It's much more stable than the B.26, but I think I prefer to have some crashes or freezes, than this. Please JL undo last changes... I can't fly anymore :(
Regards

jeehell
11-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi Leonidas,

I'm still working on the network communication and other stuff.
This is not easy stuff to keep it fast and efficient, so until then we'll all have to wait... But I'm working on it.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi Leonidas,
I'm still working on the network communication and other stuff.
This is not easy stuff to keep it fast and efficient, so until then we'll all have to wait... But I'm working on it.
Regards,
JL

Thank you for instant reply and for your work.

immaging
11-30-2012, 06:40 AM
Hi JL,

Sorry for the question but I d'nt read ( or loss) the response..
In the WideFMGS folder I see two file, wideFMGS.exe and wideFMSGserver.exe .... the difference?
I use the first file and d'nt have a problem.

Tanks!

Daniele

jeehell
11-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi,

WideFMGSserver.exe must be run on the Server computer. WideFMGS.exe must be run on the clients PCs. Do not mix up.

Regards,
JL

SimStar001
12-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Hello JL,

i have installed newest version included all updates. I have the following problem:

- NDs (FO, Captain) crashes after view seconds
- All display/modules are flashing in a period of 1 second after a view seconds of running software

I am running all via network.
NavData was created with configure.exe on ServerPC (no Navdata on Clients)

Do you have any idea?

Best regards
MArco

jeehell
12-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi Marco,

Can you check CPU and network usage in the process manager? What are your computers specs?
Do you have any security software running which may block anything? (firewalls, antivirus, etc...)

JL

SimStar001
12-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Hello JL,

CPU Usage of each networking PC is 25 upto 75 % in idle.... depends on where modules are running.
Networkusage is at 1% in idle at each networking pc.

I did a clean new installation of each networking pc now and for the moment there are no problems.
Windows firewall is running and Antivirus.

Best regards
Marco

EDIT: one thing is important..... when i go to settings page, no matter which modules setting page, it shows flashing "connected to fmgs" and "not connected to fmgs".... in a period of 500ms....

SimStar001
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Now I tryed to roll a bit on the airport... playing with fcu makes hardware connect crashes and fcu got flashing and chaning values and led states....(after hardwareconnect crash)

restarting hardware connect doesn work.
Server shows now that nothing except EFIS FO and sound midules are connected.... all other modules lost connection.... very strange....

restaring client pcs doesnt change anything.... so hardware connect causes server crash as well....

jeehell
12-03-2012, 11:03 AM
This is strange. If I remember correctly, you use the FDS module?

JL

stefangr
12-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi JL!

Kind regards,

Tommi

Hi,

just wanted to bring this thing up once more because I had the same issue at that time. In the meantime I made some nice flights, but the issue was back yesterday: AFLOOR with a kind of frozen FCU, also no joystick input possible.

Maybe anyone had the same again or has any idea?

Thanks
Stefan

tom19
12-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi!
I had that problem on last two fligths.
Tommi

EDIT: I just installed SP4 for ASE and made a short test flight - no A.FLOOR problem.
I don't know if there is a connection between ASE and this problem but I will do few more testes asap

stefangr
12-08-2012, 05:01 AM
EDIT: I just installed SP4 for ASE and made a short test flight - no A.FLOOR problem.
I don't know if there is a connection between ASE and this problem but I will do few more testes asap

Thanks for the info about SP4, I just downloaded this as well and will keep testing. I still have the impression that the problem has something to do with ASE.

Stefan

tom19
12-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Hi all!

Test flight "2 -> No problems!
Test flight #3 -> about 2 - 3 minutes after T/O I got A.Floor on 3000ft. All systems worked I was able to continue my flight all the way to destination! :)

Test #4 -> once again AFLOOR but managed to continue...

I hope the SP4 solved this issue...

Tommi

EDIT: added #4

AirFan
12-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi JL, Hi everybody,

JL, I hope you are not going crazy with all these network issues :) It's really strange as I dont have these lags. However, I wish you all that these network or freezing issues will be gone asap and a wunderful Christmas time.

JL, I have a question about the AP disconnect: When I move the stick, some times the MW comes alive for some secs. Then I reactivate the AP. Next time I move the stick while the AP is active it just disconnects with the clicks without MW. Can you please explain that logic :)

... and ... I noticed that the roll bar of the FD is still very agile. One can follow it the most of the time but it seems to be very nervous. Any chance of smoothing the bar?

... and ... I am not a pro but maybe somebody else can confirm my impression. The AP rolls very quick in turns. Is that the real deal? or should it be more smoother? I havent looked up the max roll rate but I assume the roll acceleration is less. So the max roll rate builds up slower. Just a guess. Maybe somebody can confirm. I guess also related to the FD roll bar thing.

... and ... have you increased the speed of the engines spooling up from idle to toga lately? or am i wrong? I have the feeling its quicker than in b26.

... and ... I know you use external data for the ILS beam. However this has the disadvantage that sometimes the data doesnt correlate to the FSX scenery. i.e. sometimes I see constantly 3 white PAPIs when on the ILS. So it seems the reference position of the ILS data is not correct. Can I change this by hand? I just imagine to play around with some GPS data and to shift some values slightly? Or is it compiled in your software, not readable in ASCII?

... and ... a flying friend (unfortuanely not type rated for a320,yet) tried my sim with a few beers, though :) and played around with the FBW. He also noticed the little bugs which I mentioned before. Have you had time to take a look at these? can you confirm? In general the FBW seems to work but at some points it seems to be lost and does strange things.

... and... flight envelope Prots: the alpha prot is not reliable, yet. full back stick in low speed results in stall.

... and... Can anyone tell me which sensetivity settings you use for roll and pitch??? I set mine pretty low to -25?

AGAIN, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

JL, Thank you! If I can contribute anything helpful... drop a line!

Cheers,
Rob

tom19
12-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Hi all!

Alpha prot is back!! Last two flights ended to crash. The first one right after take off and the second one just before final. Nothing worked...
Back to unflyable :(

Tommi

jeehell
12-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Tommy, I'm trying to see where it comes from. I never experienced that bug so it's hard to tell.

Rob:
-the MW should sound as well for the second disconnection, I'll look at that.
- yes I haven't workd on the FD for a long time, there are other big issues currently... I'll change that eventually.
- AP roll rate: it's hard to tell, it's quick but not sure how quick/slow the real one is...
- no didn't change anything on the flight dynamics, so engine spooling should be the same.
- it is possible the external data is more correct that FSX's. Some ILS have a wrong slope in FSX. It is possible to change some things manually if you feel to, look at earth_nav.dat. You can find the file format on X-Plane airport & navigation data - Home page (http://data.x-plane.com/)
- Even though there are some FBW flight enveloppe things, it is best to stay in the normal range for now...

Regards,
JL

tom19
12-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi Stefan and the rest,

I flew a flight without ASE, still same problem. So it's not ASE related...
This is quite strange. I never before got AFloor on every single flight...

I hope you JL find a solution soon for this one.

kind regards,

Tommi

janinp
12-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Leonidas,
can you help me to solve issues 2 & 3 in your post #2 related to mcdu freeze and display problem when pushing pilot routes ? I can save a route but can never access it once solved and it freezes the mcdu. Maybe the format. It seems to create a directory in which files are located. Thanks for your help.
pierre

Leonidas
12-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Leonidas,
can you help me to solve issues 2 & 3 in your post #2 related to mcdu freeze and display problem when pushing pilot routes ? I can save a route but can never access it once solved and it freezes the mcdu. Maybe the format. It seems to create a directory in which files are located. Thanks for your help.
pierre

Hi Pierre
I didn't solve these issues on my own, but after last online update. Is your system (all PCs) updated with last B.27 version?
Regards

AirFan
12-15-2012, 05:41 AM
Hi guys,

I've uploaded another short video showing this wonderful software in action! Merry Christmas to all of you and Thanks Jeehell!

Airbus A320 home cockpit - playing around - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5kWPz6MK8Y)

Leonidas
12-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Hi guys,
I've uploaded another short video showing this wonderful software in action! Merry Christmas to all of you and Thanks Jeehell!
Airbus A320 home cockpit - playing around - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5kWPz6MK8Y)

Excellent job Rob... A couple of questions:
The baro rotate knob of backup attitude is working?
Where did you find the digital clock (under auto brake panel)?
Finally which video editing software do you use?
Regards

AirFan
12-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Hey Leonidas, I just sent you a PM to keep this forum free for software issues =)
Cheers, Rob

Airmichel
12-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Hello JL,

Today I made a test flight after a long time. I have noticed that my PCs only connected when the OVHD is installed on the server, and the software on the server start at last. In flight functions in OVHD have failed, and the gear goes down alone. I think the server PC is too slow and affects the whole system. In January I buy a new PC and will then test again.

I wish you all merry christmas and a happy new year

Regards Micha

jeehell
12-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi,

I'm still working on performance for network. I may have solved some of the issues (hoepfully), I still need to test what I currently have done before releasing to public.

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
12-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi JL,

I got another logic question: ... still in CRZ altitude and I see the TOD sign on ND coming closer but its not reached, yet. When I now push the ALT know to managed for DES the aircraft starts its managed descent. but that is not the planned vertical profile, right? because that one is indicated by the magenta dot left of the ALT tape on PFD... so how this "early" descent profile defined? and sometimes I see some magenta dots on the ND.... right were the yellow AC symbol is and another close to the next waypoint. Its not the DECEL point. any idea? have not seen it often, though.

Any chance of adding the 2 GPWS/GS korrys on the main instrument panel and the 2 AUTOLAND korrys on the glare in b28?
I know & agree ... networking issues go first =)

Merry Christmas JL, locking forward to see b28 :)
Rob

jeehell
12-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Hi Rob,

When you start an early descent in managed mode, there are 2 cases:
- very early descent: at the lower end of the managed speed window, the ACFT will not meet the planned flight path before next waypoint. Here, the AP goes in V/S mode at -1000 feet/minutes, and ATHR keeps the managed speed, until the managed flight path can be intercepted again.
- not too early: if the flight path can be met before next waypoint. The Ap goes in idle descent and maintains the lower end of the managed speed window until the managed flight path is met.

The logic is implemented, but it is possible that sometimes it is not 100% correct ...

The magneta dots you see are most pobably the SPD LIM pseudo waypoints. This is by default where the ACFT will cross FL100 in CLB or DES and where the 250 knots maximum IAS rule is active (or no longer active in climb).

GPWS/GS korry will most probably not be in B28, no time to add it...

Regards,
JL

AirFan
12-20-2012, 06:17 PM
thanks for the explaination!

I just noticed something different... I just played around in slew mode to ajust some ILS localizers to the FSX scenery. Remember that the ALPHA FLOOR kicks in when in that mode? After I wanted to go back normal sim mode I had my first freeze of all stickinputs. The sim continued but inputs were ignored. This was the first time I noticed this effect. Same as some other users reported. So maybe you can try to hunt down the bug with that? Just a hint.

Regards,
Rob

jeehell
12-20-2012, 06:22 PM
that's very interesting, I'll have a look at that!

JL

netserv
12-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Hello JL!
After a while I restarted my work on the simpit again. I developped an ultra lowcost 400 Inputs interface and want to connect it now. After our conversation months ago, i decded not to program on FSUIPC, instead follow your offer to work with the API. So far so good, i know what o do. Just two open questions to proceed: How does FMGS-hardware-connect know where my dll can be found? How does it link to me? Or is it the other way, i link with your dll and call the start function to make FMGS know that i am alive? second minor question: remote control of FSX like choosing an airport or position does not go trough your code i guess, right? I have to use FSUIPC i think.

Thanks for your excellent work!
Guenther

AirFan
12-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Hi JL,

I give up trying to shift the LOC for some ILS manually. I understood the earth_nav.dat format. But WHICH one do I need to change? Nav1 and Nav2? And on which machine? Server only? Client with ND running? And which Nav data is in the FMGS Server folder. There are also 2 folders from the airac cycle. But arent the waypoints givin by the earth_fix? So do you only take the SIDs and STARs from airac? I am confused. To many folder... ;)
please tell me what data is used in the MCDUs for SIDs & STARs, the NAVAIDs on MCDU & the data displayed on NDs.
and which file do I need to touch to play with GS and LOC position.

And... I tried to recreate the stick input ignoring thing with SLEW mode. It doesnt seem happen all the time. Not good for debugging, I guess. I am sorry.

Thaaaanks! :)

Rob

jeehell
12-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Hi,

@Guenther:Hardware Connect looks for all DLL inside its folder, then checks if the DLL is valid by running the start function from the DLL. It then links dynamically the exported functions from your DLL (which should be the ones as described in the SDK).
Concerning your second question, yes you have to do that yourself (either FSUIPC or Simconnect).

@Rob: The LOC/GP have to be changed in the FMGS Server navdata. Nav 1 should be enough, unless you sometimes change to the backup navdata set from the DATA->STATUS page.
From LevelD AIRAC, I only import SID/STAR/APPR procedures. The fix/navaid come from Xplane navdata.
I'm working to simplify all that, but this is a long process...

Regards,
JL

jeehell
12-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Hello all,

The FMGS software B28 version is available: http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B28.exe

Mostly worked on performance (network and local).Also corrected some hardware interfaces bugs, and added support for hardware RMPs.

I did not create a new thread this time, so please before posting any messages regarding B27.x, make sure you upgrade first to B28 and test again!

Merry Christmas to all of you,

Jean Luc

tom19
12-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Thanks JL!

once again a great Christmas present from you :)
Merry Christmas to all,

Tommi

Leonidas
12-24-2012, 04:08 AM
The best present... thank you JL
Merry Christmas to all...

pipostar
12-24-2012, 08:38 AM
735473557356735773587359hi , jeehell

I am new at this discussions , but I have been building a A320 simulator for a quite long time (9 years) I have made everything my self ( I only bought opencockpits cards ) but I had a problem with software , being al of them quite expensive , but I found your software and I can asure that this was the best christmas gift ever. thanks a lot .

merry christmas to you all.

Leonidas
12-24-2012, 09:09 AM
I am new at this discussions , but I have been building a A320 simulator for a quite long time (9 years) I have made everything my self ( I only bought opencockpits cards ) but I had a problem with software , being al of them quite expensive , but I found your software and I can asure that this was the best christmas gift ever. thanks a lot .
merry christmas to you all.

Welcome and well done...:roll:

pipostar
12-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Welcome and well done...:roll:

thank you leonidas and by the way , can´t download b28 , I will try tomorow.

Leonidas
12-25-2012, 02:36 AM
So, after some tests with B.28:
Minor issues:
1. CPFlight FCU leds turning on after the 2nd starterfsx start.
2. ND (both CPT and F/O) doesn't start if I restart FMGS server. I have to restart clients too, in order to start.

Major issues:
1. 1-2sec lag for FCU and >2sec for thrust levers. I've tried without a piece of hardware simultaneously to find out why, but it's the same with or without FCU, Thrust Levers or FDS card. Network utilization is 1% for server and 1-4% for clients.
2. Frame loss at the 6 client displays not at server's scenery.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Regards

jeehell
12-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Hi Leonidas,

Since you use FSCockpit THR LVRs, could you try (just to test if it makes a difference) to use a regular USB joystick axis instead of those and also remove the FScockpit_JH.dll from hardware modules folder?

JL

Leonidas
12-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Leonidas,
Since you use FSCockpit THR LVRs, could you try (just to test if it makes a difference) to use a regular USB joystick axis instead of those and also remove the FScockpit_JH.dll from hardware modules folder?
JL

Hi JL
I don't have such a joystick, but I've done something else. I renamed the FScockpit_JH.dll and then I started FS and FMGS server. This is the same, isn't it? So, there was lag at FCU 1-2sec and frame loss as I wrote.
Regards

jeehell
12-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Yes it should be OK. When renaming, you removed the DLL extension? if you kept the file with dll extension then it was loaded as if it was still there.

JL

Leonidas
12-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Yes it should be OK. When renaming, you removed the DLL extension? if you kept the file with dll extension then it was loaded as if it was still there.
JL

No, I didn't. I'll try and feedback.
Regards

Airmichel
12-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Hallo JL,

Thanks for the Christmas present. After a few tests, I mean the delay issues are resolved. The Chrono switch from FO does not work anymore, but that's not a big problem. Which modules should be installed on which computers? What is your recommendation for a 4 PC system? Really great work, again many thanks.

greetings from Germany Micha

Leonidas
12-26-2012, 11:31 AM
JL

I tested it. It's the same. I'll double the RAM these days and I'll try again.
Regards

jeehell
12-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Before udating any hardware, can you try one last thing:
do not run the hardwareConnect software (or clsoe it after launching starter soft). And use the software FCU/OVHD to see if there is any difference.

JL

Leonidas
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Before udating any hardware, can you try one last thing:
do not run the hardwareConnect software (or clsoe it after launching starter soft). And use the software FCU/OVHD to see if there is any difference.
JL

As you said, I closed the HardwareConnect and I used software FCU. It was excactly the same: FCU like MCDU 1-2sec lag, but OVHD is rapid...:(

jeehell
12-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Were the FCU and MCDU on the main PC or on a remote PC?
And same question for the OVHD?

You can also check if you lack memory from ctrl-alt-del then performance tab, it gives you an overview of used memory. If you're above 90% then it might not enough, otherwise I think the problem is somewhere else...

JL

Leonidas
12-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Were the FCU and MCDU on the main PC or on a remote PC?
And same question for the OVHD?
You can also check if you lack memory from ctrl-alt-del then performance tab, it gives you an overview of used memory. If you're above 90% then it might not enough, otherwise I think the problem is somewhere else...
JL

All are on main PC. Memory use is 30-40%
Regards

jeehell
12-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Hmm please do a last test: run only server computer without hardware, then check if there is lag. If not, run the remote computers one at a time until lag appears.
Check if lag is induced by the number of clients, or if it is specific to one of your clients PC.

This is really weird the software FCU lags on the main computer but not the OVHD??

JL

stefangr
12-28-2012, 03:52 AM
Hi JL,

thanks for the update to 28. I have made the update with the automatic update function (updater.exe) on both PCs. I have done some tests on the ground, and it looks as if the light switches on the OVHD are not working for me:

- Logo light does not switch on logo (and cabin) light on aircraft (using Project Airbus)
- Beacon does not switch on beacon light on aircraft
- The same for strobes and landing lights. When switching on strobes, also the message "strobe lights off" on SD does not disappear

The position of the switch is changing, but there is no reaction. The rest of the OVHD seems to work (APU switch etc).

I have tested as well with old v27, and there everything is working fine. Anyone an idea?

Thanks
Stefan

Fritz
12-28-2012, 05:24 AM
I can confirm this but when I press the start button for the APU, the light illuminates but the APU does not start. I run the OVHD.exe on a client. I've heard it will work if the OVHD.exe is running on the server.

Leonidas
12-28-2012, 01:18 PM
What is CockpitPassion, ComplexJoy and Complex THR LVR Joysticks?
Thanks

No Longer Active
12-28-2012, 01:20 PM
CockpitPassion is a website in France that sells Airbus panels for home cockpits:

Here is the Link: Accueil (http://www.cockpitpassion.fr)

jeehell
12-28-2012, 01:27 PM
CockpitPassion is a French Hardware manufacturer Accueil (http://www.cockpitpassion.fr)
ComplexJoy is a small utility to be able to artificially mix two analog axis (or one axis and a reverse switch) into a single virtual axis. Used mainly for those with goflight quadrants, or some throttle quadrants which use two axis (one for resverse one for normal range).
Do not install those if you don't need them (and I guess you don't need them...), particularly the cockpitpassion one, it can slow down the hardware connect soft if it cannot find real hardware attached.

JL

Leonidas
12-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Hmm please do a last test: run only server computer without hardware, then check if there is lag. If not, run the remote computers one at a time until lag appears.
Check if lag is induced by the number of clients, or if it is specific to one of your clients PC.
This is really weird the software FCU lags on the main computer but not the OVHD??
JL

I run it without h/w only on main pc, but before this, I doubled ram from 6 to 12GB. So, not instant like OVHD, but big improvement FCU/MCDU lag is now <1sec. Only THR/LVR lag is still 1-3 sec. No matter if I connect none, one or more pc.
Regards

PS. I forgot to say that I've made a clean installation.

jeehell
12-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Tell me again, what is your main computer CPU?
How much CPU % is FMGS server taking? How many CPU% used in total?
Did you assign a fixed CPU core to FMGS server? (you must NOT do that)
Do you have any other software not related to the FMGS which may use a lot of CPU?

JL

jeehell
12-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi all,

An update is available through automatic updater, to correct OVHD switches issue.
I'll try to put a full installer online tomorrow.

Regards,
JL

Leonidas
12-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Tell me again, what is your main computer CPU?
How much CPU % is FMGS server taking? How many CPU% used in total?
Did you assign a fixed CPU core to FMGS server? (you must NOT do that)
Do you have any other software not related to the FMGS which may use a lot of CPU?
JL

Core i7 820 2.8GHz (overclocked to 3.4GHz).
FMGS=13%, FSX=0-12%, Idle Process=75-87%, CPU usage=25-60% (when overclocked=10-50%).
I didn't understand third question.
No, I don't.

Regards

Beret
12-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi all,

An update is available through automatic updater, to correct OVHD switches issue.

Regards,
JL

Hi JL

First thanks for your great software and the newst fix for the OVHD.
But now i have on the ND, which is running on the Client some problemes. I can't see the route. If I start it on the Server its running normaly.

Regards

Leonidas
12-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi all,
Regards,
JL

Hi JL
After this update black screens are instead of: PFD, ND and E/WD. SD works with many problems and FCU is frozen. Please where could I download last version of B.26, because I lost it? It was the last flyable version for me. Thanks
Regards

jeehell
12-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Hi,

@Beret: Can you check WideFMGS client is connected to the server? (to open it, you have to click the icon which is "hidden" in the tray bar, next to the clock in the task bar).

@Leonidas: Same for you, check that the widefmgs soft is correctly connected.
Also, considering your computer it should be able to run ALL ot he software by itself without sweating, I can do it on my computer which is almost similar (core i7 @ 2.8GHz, no OC, 16GB of RAM). So I really believe you might do something or something's wrong with your computer. Let me rephrase the 3rd question:
It is possible (with Windows directly or with some other software which can do that) to set what is called processor affinity. This means to tell windows to use only one (or a few cores) only for that software. The FMGS server being multithreaded, it works much better if it is not set to run on a limited number of cores.

I will see if I can find an old B26, check your email.

Regards,
JL

Airmichel
12-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Hello JL,

After the update I have the same problem as Leonidas. On Client1 no Cpt PFD, ND. On Client2 no EWD, SD, but Stby an MCDU is on. I have changed nothing in my system. WideFMGS works on all PCs, I check this in the Taskmanager.

Regards,
Micha

Beret
12-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi,

@Beret: Can you check WideFMGS client is connected to the server? (to open it, you have to click the icon which is "hidden" in the tray bar, next to the clock in the task bar).

JL

Hi JH

I have checked WideFMGS on the client. I have some problems with port 1 (8003) and Port 4 (8006). These connect and disconnect often. In the firewall i have configured this ports on both systems.

Regards

Beret
12-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi,

JL

Hi JH

I have checked WideFMGS on the client. I have some problems with port 1 (8003) and Port 4 (8006). These connect and disconnect often. In the firewall i have configured this ports on both systems.

Regards

Beret
12-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi JH

Regards

jeehell
12-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Hi,

Ok it's what I thought, I'm looking into the disconnection bugs.

JL

jeehell
12-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Hi All

an automatic update is available, hopefully solving all those network comm issues.
I'm working on uploading a full install package as well.

http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B28.2.exe

Cheers,
JL

AirFan
01-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Happy New Year to all of you!

Hi JL! I just tried your new b28.2. My first try with any of the b28 versions as I didnt have the time in the last days. I also have some connections problems now which I didnt have before. :(
Intresting is that I now have to start the client before the main server. Otherwise it does not get any connection and the widefmgs box on the client remains completly white. When connected it pops some fail numbers once in a while and disconnects and connects.
In b27 I was able to start in any order the server and client.
I addition I see some lags wrt throttle lever position. <1 sec. The hardware throttle is connected to main machine. The EWD is on the client.
Have not seen these lags in b27. And the ND on my client became very unstable. It crashes within less than every 5 mins.

And ... really weird... I somehow managed to see the two EPR gauges on the top of the EWD. How did I do that?? Second start of EWD and I see the "old" N1 gauges? Have you touched these? please enlighten me! :)

Happy new year, JL!!!

Thanks!
Rob

buentead
01-01-2013, 02:44 PM
[...] Intresting is that I now have to start the client before the main server. [...]
[...] And the ND on my client became very unstable. It crashes within less than every 5 mins. [...]

Also Happy New Year to all!

I installed version 28.2 from scratch. As reported by AirFan, I also see the same things happening on my machine. In addition, if I stop the WideFMGS on the server, the client WideFMGS may crash (and vice versa) once they are connected.

In addition, my CPFlight FCU dosn't work (digits cannot be changed, but when making changes, I can see new entries in the log). The FCU is connected to the FSX server. I executed the programs as follows:
1. Starting FSX
2. Starting A320 FMGS Starter
-> In the hardware log I can see:
C:Created
C:Get Analog Proc
CPFlight:Port opened
CPFlight:Connected

3. Starting Overhead and MCDU on a client PC
4. Switch on 'Battery' in Overhead
-> Several data are sent to the FCU successfully. But then, I can see the following entries in the log:
[...]
CPFlight:SendOK:X1005
C:Created
C:Get Analog Proc
CPFlight:Unable to open com port
CPFlight:System Error. Code: 5.
Access is denied
CPFlight:CE_WriteFailed
CPFlight:SetupComm function failed
CPFlight:System Error. Code: 6.
The handle is invalid
[...]

The full log is attached.

I changed the port in the configuration file. The CPFlight FCU runs the lates firmware version 1.12. What am I doing wrong? Since it is the very first time I installed the JeeHell FMGS, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong ...

Thanks and Regards
Adrian

Fritz
01-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Hello Adrian,

you did nothing wrong. I have the same problem with the CPFlight FCU.

chris68
01-02-2013, 05:27 AM
Hello Jeehell,

When comes the functionality to save and restore a situation?
I am also interested to create some faults like rapid decompression. I guess the Ecam drawing are fixed and no needle are able to turn.

Chris

buentead
01-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Hi JL
I did some investigation into the TCP/IP communication between WideFMGSServer and WideFMGS. It looks like the WideFMGSServer is not able to process the data received fast enough. Hence, the server sends "ZeroWindow" information. In that case, the client should stop sending any data. But I saw, that the client still sends data with a length of 1 byte. Following the trace out of Wireshark:

Time starts 19.392726
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=1536 Len=0
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65700 Len=16
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65700 Len=123
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=1280 Len=0
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65700 Len=41
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65700 Len=1239 -> now server buffer full
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=0 Len=0 -> server confirms buffer full (Win=0)
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65700 Len=1 -> client still sends 1 byte
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=0 Len=0
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65700 Len=1 -> client still sends 1 byte
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=0 Len=0
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=0 Len=41
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=0 Len=1476
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=3584 Len=0 -> now server has 3584 bytes free in buffer
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=3584 Len=1476
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65700 Len=0
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65684 Len=1460
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65684 Len=1460
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65684 Len=664 -> now server buffer will be full again (3584-1460-1460-664 = 0)
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=0 Len=943 -> server sends '0' buffer left
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=61952 Len=0 -> 0.001 seconds later, server has free buffer
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=65700 Len=0
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=61952 Len=1312
WideFMGSServer:8004 > WideFMGS:49409 ... Win=61952 Len=1476
WideFMGS:49409 >WideFMGSServer:8004 ... Win=64756 Len=1460 -> client received 2788bytes, but only 944bytes unprocessed in buffer
-> client processes data very fast
Time ends 21.733430, elabsed time 2.34 seconds

I think the server side applications don't process the received buffers fast enough. Furthermore, I think that the client application shouldn't send any data anymore, if server reports 'buffer full'. It may cause the application to crash as the buffer will have unpredictable content. If one is interested in the TCP buffer handling, here is a good link that explains it: TCP ZeroWindow - Wireshark Q&A (http://ask.wireshark.org/questions/849/tcp-zerowindow)

I also see that data length are up to 1476 bytes in general. Adding the IP header of 20 bytes, we end up with 1496. If one uses VLAN's, then we have to add additional 4 bytes. In total it is 1500 bytes, which is the maximum Ethernet frame size (unless jumbo frames are available). In Windows 7, the MTU size is set to 1500 bytes (see command netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface). Hence, everything should be fine. But as there are different hardware (Ethernet cards, switches, routers) out there, I usually don't go over 1400 bytes for data - just to be on the save side.

While I was minitoring the traffic for about 15 minutes, I also saw 2 packages with a data size of 5280 bytes and 2351 bytes. This would definitely be too much. In such a situation, the packet needs to be splitted into multiple TCP packets by the OS / hardware. I observed this situation in other set up when I went over the MTU size in my programs. The network performance becomes so bad, that it runs like in slow motion. Please avoid sending packets larger than 1476bytes (or better 1400 bytes).

I hope my thoughts may help to overcome the network performance problem.

Regards
Adrian

stefangr
01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I upgraded from 27 to 28 by using the updater.exe. If I start the starter.exe on the server PC now, I am getting lots of "A320 Server" windows which all contain this error message: "Invalid file name -%s".

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
01-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Hi,

I'll look at that in the next days, I'm currently away on holyday.
regards,
JL

jeehell
01-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi,

An update is available to try fix the wideFMGS issues. Make sure you update all PCs in your network.
The CPFlight module has been updated as well, hopefully solving the issues as well.

The complete package (b28.2) has also bee updated, it seems best to upgrade from B27 to B28.x by using the full package (this is intended for Stefangr...).

Keep me posted...

Regards,
JL

AirFan
01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi JL,

Thanks for your update. However, it keeps being unflyable. ND on client crashed after first 20 secs. When I start the client after the server, it wont connect at all.

Cheers,
Rob

stefangr
01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
The complete package (b28.2) has also bee updated, it seems best to upgrade from B27 to B28.x by using the full package (this is intended for Stefangr...).

Thanks, I will try it that way. Can the config files be copied over from B27? This will refrain me from resizing and saving all windows...

Stefan

AirFan
01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
EDIT: Ok for the ND crash I assume that I ran it twice on server and client. With only one ND it seems to work for now.

- I noticed some lagging of stick inputs to ground mode stick position on PFD and the Throttle lever positions. Not really bad but a few milli seconds. I didnt have that in b 27.

- have you touched the N1 gauges on the EWD?

Best regards,
Rob

jeehell
01-04-2013, 04:43 PM
@Stefan: yes you can keep the config files! :-)

@Rob: what do you mean by changing the N1 gauges? The gauge itself didn't change, only the commanded N1 blue arc is more accurate, and also idle LVR position is now at 0% on the scale (as per the real acft, as I could see on pictures).
You had once the EPR gauges. This was a bug. They were present at a very early stage of the software, but I decided to remove them, as the ATHR works differently with EPR, and I 'll add that back MAYBE one day.

Regarding the lag between inputs and EIS indications, are your PFD and EWD on a remote computer?
If so, please try these: http://www.jeehell.org/WideFMGSserver.exe and http://www.jeehell.org/WideFMGS.exe

JL

AirFan
01-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi,

I am sorry. The two fixed files dont make a difference. Micro lags remain on client display and the order of starting server and client is still relevant. Its not only throttle and stick inputs. Its a general lag like on ND when changing heading, attitude on PFD...

Yes, I run CPT side, ECAMs + STBY on a client. All hardware connected to server.

Regards,
Rob

AirFan
01-04-2013, 07:05 PM
once more: regarding Lagging on client --> just to be more precise --> I am able to fly. It not lagging some seconds. But all client displays stop every few seconds and have a really small delay of some microseconds before it continues. My impression is that the two files you just uploaded made it worst and the micro stutters increased.

WRT N1 gauges: I just noticed a difference to b27. However, its really strange as I swear that I saw these old EPR gauges once. Right after the update to 28. I wonder how I have done that and it shows that these gauges are still in your compiled code.
Dont worry about that now :)

Cheers,
Rob

jeehell
01-04-2013, 07:14 PM
N1 gauges: I did not say I removed them from the executable, just that except in case of bugs, they cannot be seen ;)
It is not possible to display them willingly, and won't be until I decide it's time to add EPR support.

Concerning WideFMGS lags, if you can be around in about 30 minutes, I should have a last version for tonight to test...

JL

AirFan
01-04-2013, 07:17 PM
let's give it a try. I am still up til about 1 o'clock then I need to catch some sleep.

jeehell
01-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Here we go for last test of tonight, same links:
http://www.jeehell.org/WideFMGSserver.exe and http://www.jeehell.org/WideFMGS.exe

JL

AirFan
01-04-2013, 07:45 PM
WAY BETTER. now the stutters are not that the frequent compared to last try. Still every few secs I see that the i.e. the throttle pos. freezes for some milli sec and then jumps to actual position. Just keep moving the throttles forward and backward, then I see it.

Thanks JL + have a good night!
Rob

jeehell
01-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Hi all,

Again, a new WideFMGS version is available on the automatic updater.

Regards,
JL

jeehell
01-05-2013, 02:51 PM
IMPORTANT:

If you get the "Invalid file name -%s" error, this is corrected by latest update!!

Thanks
JL

AirFan
01-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi JL,

have you updated the download version as well? I have some trouble with the updater.exe. When I start it, it pops an error "Access violation at address 00000000" and it freezes always during the download after some Mb have been downloaded already.

Rob

jeehell
01-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Could you try again? if it still does not work, I'll provide a link to a new updater file.

AirFan
01-05-2013, 03:26 PM
I tried the last 45 mins. It always freezes at some point. I retried serveral times. Please provide a link :)

AirFan
01-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Ah... you updated the updater. now I have the updater2.exe. However, I cant run. the error "not a valid win 32bit application". My system is W7 64-bit.

EDIT: After a second download of the updater2.exe I can execute it. All very strange. Now I just wait until the "Server Maintenance" is gone to retry the complete download :)
Thanks!

jeehell
01-05-2013, 03:37 PM
http://www.jeehell.org/Updater.exe

AirFan
01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
really weird. the download seems to work now... but it takes hours. the download keeps freezing and then it takes forever to continue. If I imagine to do the same on the client, I will sit here until midnight for these two tiny files. Is your server so busy? I get up to 600kb/s. but then these freezes. ...

while typing it seems that it crashed again totally. I give it 5 more mins then I kill the app with the task manager. cant you provide the 2 files like yesterday? why downloading over 340MB for 2 10MB files for testing purpose?
Rob

buentead
01-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I downloaded the latest Updater.exe. It starts downloading but it crashes with "Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer". Sometimes it runs longer, sometimes shorter. Not always at the same stage. Looks like the same problem as Rob has.

jeehell
01-05-2013, 08:35 PM
I guess the server sort of broke down because of too many connections... I have to say I haven't exactly paid for ultra heavy bandwidth...

You can download the two WideFMGS soft from the direct links:
http://www.jeehell.org/WideFMGSserver.exe

Why not always provide direct links:
- not the same server, jeehell.org would explode if I did that every new updates or so.
- when it works correctly, it is much simpler and I'm sure it's updated correctly
- it sometimes downloads too many files because I still need to work on it a bit (in case you skip one update, it downloads again everything to make sure you're up to date).

JL

AirFan
01-05-2013, 08:42 PM
still up?! ;) If you wait 10-15 min... I can provide you with some first impressions from my side.
Rob

jeehell
01-05-2013, 08:53 PM
I was about to click "shutdown" ;-)
I'll wait for your answer then...

AirFan
01-05-2013, 08:57 PM
JL, I just did a really short test around an airport. My first impression is you are back on track! Thumbs up! No freezes which I noticed sofar on the client. Everything is smooth. Now click "shutdown" --> you really deserved it. Great job! In case I find anything I will drop you a line...

Thanks
Rob

B747-400
01-06-2013, 06:25 AM
You can download the two WideFMGS soft from the direct links:

Hi

both links are not working ...

Best regards
Hans

jeehell
01-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Hi Hans,

I just tried the links and they worked here? They worked at least for Rob as well?

Best regards,
JL

AirFan
01-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Hi Hans,

I just tried the links and they worked here? They worked at least for Rob as well?

Best regards,
JL

I also just retried the download of the two files for Hans. Both links are working.
Rob

AirFan
01-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Hey JL,

one thing thats really still bothers me is that I still need to start the SERVER BEFORE the CLIENT. If I do it the other way around it wont connect at all. Now its not possible to restart the complete client during a flight. However, the smoothness seems to be back!

Rob

EDIT: SORRY --> TYPO: ITS THE OTHER WAY AROUND: I NEED TO START THE CLIENT BEFORE THE SERVER. OTHERWISE IT WONT WORK.

jeehell
01-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi all,

so after intensive testing, here my findings:
- there may still be issues with WideFMGS if you have more than one client PC (only one client gets really connected)
- I have solved the main CPFlight bug which prevented all actions on the FCU : http://www.jeehell.org/CPFlightmodule.dll
- the updater needs some more fine tuning, so even if you skip one update it does not download the complete package again.

I'll keep you all posted,

JL

stefangr
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
- the updater needs some more fine tuning, so even if you skip one update it does not download the complete package again.

Ah, thanks for the info. This explains why I got several errors again this morning after upgrading my 27 to 28. Just let me know once the updater is fine again, I will then try the upgrade once more. It's not so urgent for me since 27 is working fine + stable right now :)

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
01-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Hi all,

Here another try for WideFMGS protocol:

I have tested it with 2 clients and it worked correctly. Also, I did not see any difficulties if I ran server or clients first.
If you have any issues with them pelase advise me!

Regards,
JL

jeehell
01-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi again...

This time an update for the updater:
http://www.jeehell.org/Updater.exe

It should now only download the latest files, even if you skipped a couple of updates.

You can also find the latest complete installer here(might be still uploading when I post this message):
http://www.jeehell.org/A320FMGS_B28.3.exe

Cheers,
JL

B747-400
01-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi JeeHell and Rob,

thanks a lot for your fast response and your testing!

Unfortunately I still cannot download from your server.

It takes long time, then the message "Network-Timeout. The Server hosting.tcs-hebergement.net needs too much time to send an answer!" I X-checked that from two PCs with IE und FF.

Strange thing is: when downloading with my SmartPhone, it works, but only with Opera!

So I have the file right now, but wonder why a normal download is not possible.

Best regards from Vienna
Hans

Leonidas
01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Hi to all and a happy new year.
So, for B28.3 after a couple of tests:
The most important for me, lag issues for MCDU-FCU-THR/LVR: ALL SOLVED!
Communication between server-clients without any serious problems. No matter which of them starts first, except FO who insists to start before server.
BUT: CPFlight FCU does not work properly. You turn speed for example and turns also heading. You want to increase a value, but it decreases. It jumps numbers, every 2 or even 10 units and much more. It's unflyable, but I'm sure that JL's going to find it.
Regards

AUA171
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Hi JL!

With the newest version I have problems with HardwareConnect / SIOCModule.
But it seems it only applies for non-latching switches which I use for OVHD Korrys.
e.g.
I turned on logging on HardwareConnect and when I press e.g. the BAT1 switch on my OVHD Panel I can see the follwing log entry

SIOCmodule:SW=2 DIR=3

but nothing is happening (no corresponding action on the OVHD software).
Latching switches like LIGHT switches (e.g. Strobe Light, ....) are working.

thx
Christian

Miatanet
01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi JL,
I just started to build an A320 cockpit and I just installed the latest FMGS software on my system (w7 64bit) to check the screens with my Wilco Airbus. I just used for testing a single system. The installation was fine witout errors. When I start FSX the ND and FO_ND.exe stop working (windows error message). Do I have to additional set up something for the Wilco airbus, or is it maybe the latest FSUIPC software which I am running (4.8 licenced). I read that you should use older then 4.7. Is that the problem, and where do I get the version 4.6 which is runing fine with FSMG, just the latest versions are on Peter's webpage? I did not configure a joystick, maybe this is also needed...
Thank you for short feedback.
Cheers
Stefan

jeehell
01-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Hi

@Christian: I think I found the bug for toggle switches, I guess the OVHD is on a remote PC? I'll try to put an update tomorrow.

@Stefan: this software is not meant to run with Wilco aircraft (nor any acft with built in systems) but only with the provided one. Also, if you use FSX, you don't need FSUIPC now it can use simconnect directly, just make sure you checked FSX supporg during installation,and that you run FSXstarter.

@Leo:I'm working on CPflightmodule again...

Cheers,
JL

Miatanet
01-08-2013, 05:07 AM
Hi JL,
Thank you for your quick response. I have selected your Airbus in FSX and still have the same error messages with nd and fo_nd.exe.
Even when I reinstall fmgs...
thx
Stefan

jeehell
01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Stefan, what is your complete setup?

jeehell
01-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi all,

Another update available on the automatic updater. It corrects WideFMGS and CPFlight module bugs.

Best regards,
JL

Miatanet
01-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Hi JL
It works now after a clean reinstallation. Sorry :oops:

Miatanet
01-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Hello JL,

have problems to start the updater.exe on the FSX pc. It says: service under maintenance. The member pc's are able to update without any problems.

Cheers
Stefan

AirFan
01-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Hi JL,

some things I noticed lately. The first issue is new with b28.

- when you enter a DIRECT TO the route from the TP point is not displayed anymore. To be honest: I have no clue what should be displayed in that case and if a temp point is created. Anyhow --> when entered a direct to the time and distance to the next waypoint is not updated correctly. After pushing DIR TO the first initial waypoint of the original route is displayed on the upper right ND, not the selected DIR TO waypoint. Take a look --> you will see what I mean

- MW bell and MW korry light coordination: There seems to be a tiny logic bug. Imagine you have two master warnings at the same time (i.e. parking brake set and no flaps for takeoff). Now you push the MW korry in b28. Then the bell continues due to second MW but the flashing red light remains off. You need a second push to cut off the bell, even the korry is not flashing anymore.
I assume a single MW korry push should be sufficient to quit both or to have lights and bell twice for both warnings, right?

- sometimes the manual entries for SPD or ALT restrictions are not correctly updated on the FPLN page.

- In case you enter a SPD or ALT restrictions which cant be performed what should be the feedback to the pilot?

- Have you touch V-NAV with b28? Just curious?

Thanks & regards!
Rob

immaging
01-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Hi Jh,
I installed the new Vers 28.3, and Have a two problem...... I think...

1-- The EWD display show the epr gauges, and the luminosity is low..
2-- The Sd display show only the temperature... no more page is show.

its a change to N1 EPR version in cgf file?
and inSd display ?

Many tanks

Daniele

Leonidas
01-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Well done JL, I was sure you would did it... First whole perfect flight since B.26
Only minor issues for me at the moment:
1. Auto brake doesn't turn off after manual braking
2. PFD (both CPT-FO) run with low performance. Tapes (SPD-ALT) do not roll, but jump if you get what I mean.
3. This version is not compatible with previous seved PILOT ROUTES, is it?

Thanks for all

jeehell
01-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Hi,

First there is a new WideFMGS version available on the updater. Two important nootes:
- it seems to be necessary for now to start the server first, and then the clients. I'm working on that
- The updater seems to refuse two or more downloads at the same time from the same IP, so if you have issues, download on each computer one at a time...

@Stefan: in the installation folder, please remove any file called version.txt or completeversion.txt or version2.txt. If it still does not work, it could be connection or a firewall issue.

@Rob:
-ND issues: probably linked to WideFMGS.
-MW: I'll have a look when this widefmgs thing is over...
-same
-there should be an amber circle around the point on the ND (not modeled yet) and an amber star on the MCDU (modeled)
-nope

@Daniele: hopefully your issues are gone with current update... the EPR version is still NOT available, and won't be for a long time.

@Leonidas:
-Strange, you configured braking axisd through FMGS config??
-Should be corrected with this update
-it should be compatible. But there are some issues with CO/PIL RTEs sometimes...

Cheers,
JL

Passpilotion
01-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Thank you...

Miatanet
01-10-2013, 02:36 AM
Hi JL,

again FW, grrrrrrr. Thanks. All works fine for now :-). Very good job !!!

Cheers Stefan

Leonidas
01-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi,
-Strange, you configured braking axisd through FMGS config??
JL

Through ITconfig, because is connected to FDS card.

startrail
01-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Hello JL

thank you for all your efforts. In B28 The moment the aircraft is airborne managed autopilot disconnects and stops working. Manual autopilot remains available.

Thanks

jeehell
01-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Hi,

Usually, when managed modes are not available once airborne, it means the MCDU has not been filled in correctly.
It can also be that the aircraft does no go into Takeoff mode, usually because a wrong thrust setting is used. You need to go either in TOGA or FLEX mode (making sure in the latter case that FLEX temperature has been inserted in PERF TO page).

Regards,
JL

startrail
01-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi,

Usually, when managed modes are not available once airborne, it means the MCDU has not been filled in correctly.
It can also be that the aircraft does no go into Takeoff mode, usually because a wrong thrust setting is used. You need to go either in TOGA or FLEX mode (making sure in the latter case that FLEX temperature has been inserted in PERF TO page).

Regards,
JL

Hi,

using same input under B26 , it works perfectly. Only in b27 and b28 that I face this problem.

jeehell
01-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Hi again,

I am sorry, but the managed modes cork correctly for me. I will need more information to know what's going on, such as a video of the PFD during takeoff.

JL

AirFan
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Hi startrail,

as a regular user I can also confirm that managed mode works fine in 27 and 28. I only got this issues after some touch&go stuff if I remember right. For a regular flight it works always fine. Ensure you set flex temp. have you defined a route correctly? Do you get a ETA time?

@ JL: regarding the DIR TO bugs on the ND --> I have not tried your latest downloads of 28.3. I will recheck on the weekend with latest version. I just mentioned it as I didnt know that such a bug could come from the widefmgs stuff.
Any chance to add these 2 last korrys (GPWS and AUTOLAND) with b29? ;)

Thank you.
Rob

startrail
01-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Hi startrail,

as a regular user I can also confirm that managed mode works fine in 27 and 28. I only got this issues after some touch&go stuff if I remember right. For a regular flight it works always fine. Ensure you set flex temp. have you defined a route correctly? Do you get a ETA time?

@ JL: regarding the DIR TO bugs on the ND --> I have not tried your latest downloads of 28.3. I will recheck on the weekend with latest version. I just mentioned it as I didnt know that such a bug could come from the widefmgs stuff.
Any chance to add these 2 last korrys (GPWS and AUTOLAND) with b29? ;)

Thank you.
Rob

Thank you Rob,

What baffles me is that it works in B26 ,in 27 & 28 with the same input and correct route , it disconnects once airborne ..

i have noticed that during take off using TOGA position , the white square on the PFD around man thr is always amber Instead of white.

i will experiment further as per JL and your advice

jeehell
01-11-2013, 07:20 AM
@Startrail: if there is an amber MAN THR box instead of a white MAN TOGA, do not look any further. Please re-reconfigurate your thrust levers in FMGS Config, and do not forget to put big enough error zones around each detent, this is very important.

@Rob: no sorry, these two actually have some logic behind and are not straight forward...

I will away for the weekend, without internet access, do not be affraid if I do not answer as quickly as usual...

Cheers,
JL

startrail
01-11-2013, 04:19 PM
@Startrail: if there is an amber MAN THR box instead of a white MAN TOGA, do not look any further. Please re-reconfigurate your thrust levers in FMGS Config, and do not forget to put big enough error zones around each detent, this is very important.

@Rob: no sorry, these two actually have some logic behind and are not straight forward...

I will away for the weekend, without internet access, do not be affraid if I do not answer as quickly as usual...

Cheers,
JL

I reconfigured both levers and now it is operating perfectly. Thank you all for your kind assistance.

chris68
01-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone,
i just install the B28.3 on a client-pc. The both nd Display crash after establish communcation. When they doesn't crash (other startorder) the ND's doesn't have aa GPS signal. What did i wrong in my installation?

Does the ND not need a new or own database? Only the FS-Server? The config file in the Serverfolder disable the root of an navsource and enable the ip input only. So i assume that the ND's doesnt need the database??

Thanks for repy, Chris

AirFan
01-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Hello guys,

Over the weekend I spent some time to update server and client to 28.3. in addition, the online update was performed for both machines.
But I still have the problem with the wrong waypoint being displayed on the upper right ND.

Could somebody tell me if that is a local problem. I want to avoid a complete new install.
could someone please try the following:

plan a route -> take off -> sometimes after you passed the first waypoint, check if second waypoint is displayed correctly in upper right corner (in my case the first waypoint remains up there and the distance increases)

then try a DIRECT TO --> Is a temp point shown on the ND with a new temp route? and does the upper right corner displays the selected DIR-TO waypoint? In my case see dont see a temp point, no new route and the first waypoint of my original route is displayed on the upper right corner of the ND... However the FD performs correctly and the MCDU is also showing the right stuff.

really strange... I wonder what that is
I would appreciate any kind of help.

Regards
Rob

tom19
01-14-2013, 07:26 AM
But I still have the problem with the wrong waypoint being displayed on the upper right ND.

Hi Rob!

I had same problem yesterday. After passin a waypoint it didn't change to the next one. It stayed that same one to the end of the flight. I have only tested with one flight.

Tommi

AirFan
01-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi Rob!

I had same problem yesterday. After passin a waypoint it didn't change to the next one. It stayed that same one to the end of the flight. I have only tested with one flight.

Tommi

Tommi, Thank you for your quick reply & support. I guess that wasnt a coincidence. That's the bug I am talking about.

Regards,
Rob

jeehell
01-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Hi,

@Chris:
Did you download the update through the updater on all your computers?
Also, it is best to start the server computer first.
The ND database is installed with the standard installation package. If you see the ND with the red flags, the most likely scenarion is you did not align the IRS (on the OVHD panel AND in the MCDU INIT page).

@Rob and Tommi: i'm working on it, this is apparently a bug, and not a user fault.

JL

stefangr
01-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Hi all,

I think I made 100 flights already with this software, but only now comes to my mind: Isn't the SD in real life displaying the wheel/gear page automatically when the gear is coming up or down? In my case this is not happening on the SD.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Stefan,

The Wheel page should be displayed after first engine is started and until the take off thrust is set, and also after L/G is down (below FL160) and until the last engine is stopped.

However, if somehow you set a specific ECAM page manually, the SD will no longer change pages by itself, until you cancel the manual selection (push again the lit up ECAM page button).

JL

stefangr
01-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Stefan,

The Wheel page should be displayed after first engine is started and until the take off thrust is set, and also after L/G is down (below FL160) and until the last engine is stopped.

Thanks, I will have a closer look on my next flight.

Another question regarding flaps display on upper ECAM: I remember from real A/C that the flaps dots for the different flaps positions are not displayed when flaps are in position up. I have also seen this on this picture for example: Photos: Airbus A320-211 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthansa/Airbus-A320-211/0694030/L/)

Maybe this is airline specific? Because in your software it keeps displaying the dots even if flaps are up.

Thanks
Stefan

jeehell
01-14-2013, 01:32 PM
It's not airline specific, I just never took time to hide the dots... I'll try to do that soon.

JL

immaging
01-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi JL,

I have a little question....
a few day ago i Recordet in a320 cockpit a beautiful APU sound ( Start-Running-Stop)..
The question is: ist possible insert this sound ina320fmgs Sound directory and start this when i push a APU Sw in HVD panel?
Or is possible this with another way?

many Thanks!!!

Daniele

AirFan
01-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Great idea Daniele,

indeed this sound is missing and would provide some more realsim.

@ JL: I hopefully will get some really nice recordings of ALL callouts from a full flight sim. I told the guy to record it via a cable and the headset plug so there is no surrounding noise. When I have it I would like do donate it as well, in case you are interested.
JL, I might mentioned it before, the sound system needs a tiny tweak to be able to play 2 sounds at the same time. i.e. ALT callouts and RETARD callout during land.

Rob

immaging
01-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi Rob,

Thanks!!!
@JL , if you are interested at this sound or other sound( I have possibility to recorder all sound) I can make them available..

Daniele

jeehell
01-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi,

@Daniele: this is a good idea. The problem for now is that my sound module does not play environnment sounds (such as engines, APU, PTU etc), but only the cockpit sounds. I currently have no idea on how to merge these sounds into something realisitic like FS does.
If you use FSX, then my software actually starts the FSX APU, and thus FSX plays the APU sounds. Did you have a try at inserting your sound in a pre-existing sound.cfg?

@Rob:well if you have really good quality sounds without surrounding noise thne yes I really am interested.
Regarding the retard callout, I never had issue with that? it is not played in parallel to the altitude callout but right after 20 or 10 if the THR LVR are not in idle?

JL

jeehell
01-14-2013, 08:18 PM
An update is available on the automatic updater. It should correct some WideFMGS issues, enhance CPflight performance and a SD bug (landing gear unlocked).

Regards,
JL

AirFan
01-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Hi JL,

ok... as I said, I hope to get the recording in near future in Febuary. I will provide you with the stuff after I finished the cutting and editing of the original. So it's would be pure "cut and paste" in your existing folder.
Regarding Danieles offer: Why not cutting the APU sound in 3 parts. Start, Running & Shut down. Then you could implement it easily in your software and link it to the overhead state of the APU. The only negative aspect would be that you still hear the inside cockpit APU sound, even you have an outside view in FSX. Just an idea.

Rob

AirFan
01-15-2013, 04:45 AM
EDIT: I just read the idea with the sound.cfg. Sorry.

I guess that's better option. Does anybody have some knowledge with the sound.cfg and could implement, start, running and shutdown of the APU sound from Daniele and provide the prepared files to JL???

Regards,
Rob

immaging
01-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi JL & Rob,

The next days I prepared the three file cutting.... ( start-running and stop).
I forgot to mention that I recorded the Apu even outdoors, I will create a file sound.cfg integrated with sounds of both internal and external.
In addition, I am creating a small program (audio player), that can run on PC on the network, try to define the offset (or key) for the automatic launch of ambient sounds (such as APU PTU brakes ... etc ...) so you can get the audio source on different pc.
Regards

Daniele

chris68
01-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Thanks Jeeheel for your help.... there was really an update between the day when i installed the first PC in evening and at next morning the other one with a newer WideFMGC...

But now i entered a flightplan, stored as Pilot routes and then i got the Message"MCDU DISPLAY Problem - Please report issue" on both MCDU. Now everytime when i start i got immidiatly this error on MCDU screen.

Chris

immaging
01-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Hi All,

I present to you new realistic and accurate Airbus A320 CFM56 soundpack for JL Fmgs platform. Use this for fs9/fsx A320 (JL Model) . I made this soundpack as accurate as possible using real and digital recordings and my ability of perfect pitch. Once you load your aircraft with these sounds, you'll hear the APU System and Fans in the cockpit. You start the engines and hear the PTU system transferring the hydraulics from the Nr. 1 Engine to the Nr. 2 Engine for start-up. This sound was recorded from a real A320. You hear the humming sound of the CFM56 at idle. You spool up the engines at takeoff then hear the famous CFM56 buzzsaw-like sound of the engine's fans. Once you lift off and put up the landing gear you will hear a chime from the cabin. It features realistic cockpit sounds like gear up warning sound buzzer, flaps, rolling, and touch-down.

Download here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pu1ceyhlhy0c1g/JLA320%20Sound%20Systems.rar

Daniele

jeehell
01-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi,

@Chris: there are troubles with CO RTEs, I really suggest to not use them for now.
To solve your issue, you need to delete all your CO RTEs/PIL RTEs by going in FMGS Server\navdata1\ then delete the pilrte and corte folders.

@Daniele: that was fast! I will try them tomorrow! Thanks a lot.

JL

Patrick Larsille
01-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Good evening

In the first one , bravo for this magnificent realization.

I have just installed the FMGS version 28, and I have a problem with the autopilot.
Indeed, with the version 26 no problem, having filled the flight plan, I take off and I engage the autopilot, and no problem the plane follows well the flight plan. After upgrade in version 28, from after the take-off, the road to be followed is replaced by dotted lines, and more average to engage the speed, the height and the course.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Patrick Larsille

Leonidas
01-16-2013, 04:28 PM
An update is available on the automatic updater. It should correct some WideFMGS issues, enhance CPflight performance and a SD bug (landing gear unlocked).
JL

Hi JL
After this update my EWD and SD are black screens with a Windows socket error on client's desktop. Is there a way to undo this update?
Regards

netserv
01-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi all,

just installed B28, first version, all is running fine. Then updater runs automatically as designed and does its update to B28-3. After that, "no connection to FMGS-Server" and "not connected to simulator" is shown. Any different configuation necessary with this version? (running on W7)

Found out later: starting with the A320 FMGS starter does not work. starting the server out of the directory manually works fine.
Reason was FSUIPCconnect. manually starting FSUIPCconnect solves the problem.

Gunther Tomschik

mardar
01-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Hi JL,

same problem for me. Since I run the last update, I can´t get FMGS working anymore, as soon I start some modules on the client PC´s the WideFMGSserver on the main PC stops responding. As I haven´t touched any of my settings, I assume it is somehow relate to the last update. In case you would need more information, don´t hesitate to ask

but anyhow, thank you for your excellent work!!!

Dennis

jeehell
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Hi,

@Patrick: please check your throttle configuration. Especially make sure that during takeoff you engage the takeoff mode => THR LVR in TOGA or FLX (and FLX temperature filled in the MCDU). Check the message #213 of this thread, Startrail had the same issue as you probably have.

@All: I'll look at it...

Cheers,
JL

jeehell
01-17-2013, 02:27 PM
There is an update regarding WideFMGS available. Please update...

JL

chris68
01-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Hallo Jeehell,

had a full day of test behind me. Great improvements in the FMGC, means many things seems to be working.

But i am also encountered some errors in the FMGC.

_ Hardwaremodule crash with FSCockpit FCU or doesnt reacting suddenly without touching in flight. before i could take of, flight a big distance and everything seems working perfect.

- After loading a flight in FS (repositioning from ground with running engines) i could only command only selected modes in FCU, not any managed mode.

- flightplan suddenly disappear, when i reroute my destination.

some situations are easy to repeat.

By the way depature is for example EDDM8L and Destination have to be the same signature EDDT8L - you write only RW8L ( better RWY8L)

Fuel calculations are to high, but when you fly a longer leg you realize that the fuel consumption seems to be real - you fuel left...

Most of the datas are really realistic...

Chris

Leonidas
01-17-2013, 04:21 PM
JL

After this update I can't even turn on batteries. OVHD buttons are not working. Unflyable again :(

jeehell
01-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Did you start the server PC first?

jeehell
01-17-2013, 05:16 PM
@Chris:

- I do not provide support for third party modules such as FSCockpit. If their hardware crash, you should contact them so they can look into it themselves.

- Repositionning the ACFT from the ground to the air without trigerring Take Off phase will always result in managed modes being unavailable. I cannot do much about it, this is realistic simulation, so you cannot just reposition the aircraft somewhere.

- How do you reroute your destination?

-Navdatabase names are not my design, until I can get a better navdata source I will have to keep using what I can get, including the names.

- I'm not sure I understand your point on the fuel? Just so you know, fuel calculations is done according to the FS model and not the real acft data, as it cannot relate accurately.

Best regards,
JL

mardar
01-17-2013, 05:22 PM

JL

Hi JL,

everything back to normal after the last update. Thank you for your superb support!!