PDA

View Full Version : Rudder Trim axis FS 2004

Brian
01-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Hello,
does anybody know how to assign the axis for rudder trim using FS 2004?
There is an option within FSUIPC, but how will I get this axis to move.
Brian

Bob Reed
01-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Hello Brian. I need a little more information to be of any help. Are you going to use hardware to "adjust" the trim? What kind of hardware? Switch, pot? All this will help get an answer!

Westozy
01-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi Brian,

I haven't added rudder trim to my sim yet but the plan was to build an adjustable mount for the pot attached to my rudders. Instead of the pot being permenantly fixed, the plate the pot is fitted to can also pivot on the pot's axis. When this plate is connected to the rudder trim knob, this will simulate rudder trim mechanically. This is an alternative option you could try.

Regards Gwyn

Brian
01-14-2007, 05:46 AM
Hi,
I used an slider potentiometer moved by a cable actuated by an electrical motor. The motor is controlled by the rudder trim knob.
All my controls (Ail, Elev, Flap, Spoiler, Throttles and rudder) are interfaced using the plasma card. So I have 12 axis available. All axis are running fine with WinXP.
Inside the FSUIPC control panel there is one axis for calibrating rudder trim, but no assignment for rudder trim.
In FS 2002 I used one of the propeller axis and renamed this to match the rudder trim.
Today I will try this with FS 2004.
Brian

Brian
01-14-2007, 06:40 AM
Hello,
I find it out this morning.
1. Assign any axis you dont use for your setup. e.g. (Axis Propeller1 Set) in the FSUIPC menu.
2. Close FS and open FSUIPC ini file. Scroll down and you will find RudderTrimControl=0. Change this to RudderTrimControl=66421 (66421 is the offset to control Propeller1 set)
3. Restart FS
4. Now you have the axis to calibrate RUDDER TRIM using the FSUIPC menu.
It works...
Brian

Brian
01-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Hi,
Very important...
Check that all joysticks are deactivated inside FS !!!
Brian

wollo
01-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Brian, go to addons (modules in fs9.1 ) then axis assignment. Then hit rescan. next move your rudder trim. Now fsuipc can see your rudder axis.

You can now calibrate it.

I'm not with my fS pc just now. let me know if you have any probs. I only set this up last week.

Bill.