PDA

View Full Version : B737NG in Scotland

Bill
01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Hello.

Delighted to be partaking in this fab hobby, and in IFSBI.
Progress is slow due to my non-technical background, so having to learn a lot very quickly.
Based on PM software, CPflight MCP/EFIS/s, 80% panels, touch screens to represent FMC's and EICAS/general screen between, OVHD and TQ.
Trying to build in 2 x 19 LCD's either side, for side views, and 1 PJ for forward view onto a big, white-finished hardboard sheet for forward view.
Not sure if this is going to work though.
I've posted my first couple of pics.

Best wishes for success to all,
Bill

Bob Reed
01-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Hi Bill and welcome! One thing you will learn about this hobby... You are allways learning! I was not real good in electronics when I started eather. Not real good now, but better then I was! We like pictures! Going to go give them a look now. If you have questions, dont be affraid to ask.. We all have them!!!

Matt Olieman
01-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Bill, welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing, looking forward toward your progress :)

Bob Reed
01-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey Bill. Pics look great! Your CDUs? Are they computers or just touch screen monitors? I think Kester is doing something like it!

Bill
01-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi Bob.

Yes, CDU's are simply touchscreen monitors, representing PM CDU's.
2 x 8inch for CDU's and central 10inch for EICAS and FS Commander.
They're not like the real thing(wish!), but do the job.
I keep taking panels and other bits on and off, so pics are erratic, just deps. on what I've pulled off again at the time!
Despite best efforts at pre-planning, things have to be 'adjusted'.

Regards,
Bill

Bob Reed
01-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Hi Bob.

Yes, CDU's are simply touchscreen monitors, representing PM CDU's.
2 x 8inch for CDU's and central 10inch for EICAS and FS Commander.
They're not like the real thing(wish!), but do the job.
I keep taking panels and other bits on and off, so pics are erratic, just deps. on what I've pulled off again at the time!
Despite best efforts at pre-planning, things have to be 'adjusted'.

Regards,
Bill

That sir NEVER changes... And there are times that you find out despite all your planning, things do not work as you thought and bingo.. Redisigne!! I am on the 4th rebuild of my sim (last one due to a house move) and every one is better then the last.. I think the current build will be the base from now on I love it and I built it so it can come apart with out destroying everything... It is by far the best sim I have had and it is 200% better then I ever dreamed I would have!

Douglas999
01-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi Bill

I am glad to see that I am not the only flightsimer in Scotland (I live near Falkirk). As some one recently said to me "there arn`t many anoraks in this field". Good luck with you project.

Douglas

NicD
01-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Welcome Bill. I was in Falkirk just a few months ago visting that big wheel you have there :).

wollo
01-14-2007, 08:45 AM
Douglas, Bill, Glad to see a Scots contingent here. I'm about an hour west of Glasgow. Keep up the good work.

Bill.

Bill
01-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Gentlemen all,

Many thanks, a little late, for the warm welcome. Indeed delighted I'm not the only builder in Scotland.
I've gone off the boil a little, things have slowed down, so I'm recollecting my thoughts, an' tryin' to get in gear again, though I am approaching the wiring and interfacing with not a little trepidation ..

Regards
Bill S

Bob Reed
01-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi Bill. Yes the wiring and interface are the hard parts. Just take your time and if you are new to it, just go slow, little steps. learn to do one thing at a time and you will see it all come slowly together. I didn't know a lot about the interface and wiring side whan I got started.. Now I am no expert but I know enough to get myself in a lot of trouble!! And do not be affraid to ask questions here. There are a number of people FAR more knowledgable then I here and are more then willing to help!! And remember... Have fun!