PDA

View Full Version : Newby at Link2FS

freddehboy
08-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Hi

I have nearly understood what the software makes, it makes it possible for the Arduino cards can talk to FSUIPC and with FlightSimulain, is not it?

You simply create a conf file that you will load into the program and in there you can enable what you want and connect it to a numer that you can use in the FSUIPC!????

How does the program work in a network?

Best Fredrik

AK Mongo
08-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Link2FS does not link to FSUIPC. It connects directly to FS through Simconnect in FSX.

Reid

freddehboy
08-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Hi

It is perfekt, less work for the me :)

Can anyone say if the program will work and provide components functionality between the components, as connected to Arduino, into the PMDG737NGX!

Best Fredrik

Jim NZ
08-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Depends on what your looking for.

Inputs (inputting switch's etc into the plane ),,,
The inputs are in the form of key press's so if there is a key stroke to input what you need then it can be done.

Outputs (getting info out of the plane) ,,
If it is available in your flight model thru simconnect then it is available as long as it's indicated in Link2fs.
BUT some "high end" planes use there own "systems" that are loaded when you load the plane. These may or may not be available thru simconnect.

The best solution is to try the software and see if it returns what you are looking for while you are running the desired plane.
If it displays correctly within the program then it can be sent to the Arduino.

No it doesn't work over a network ,,, serial thru USB only.

Cheers ,, Jim

freddehboy
08-09-2012, 04:42 AM
Depends on what your looking for.
No it doesn't work over a network ,,, serial thru USB only.
Cheers ,, Jim

Hi

I know that the Arduino must be connected over the usb but can Link2FS works over the LAN?

You maybe mean that the Arduino must be connected to the same computer there FSX and Link2FS is running?

Best Fredrik

Jim NZ
08-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Correct ,, Link2fs and FSX and the Arduino all need to be on the same computer.

Cheers ,,, Jim

WJH308
08-10-2012, 12:22 PM
If you want to use the NGX, better read up on FSUIPC SDK or PMDG's own SDK. At least FSUIPC has proper documentation.

Jim NZ
08-10-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm a bit curious here ,,, so what in my program doesn't work with the PMDG737NGX. ??

I know some things don't ,, but what ??

I can guess on a few things but I've never actually found out for sure.

Simconnect is still going to there but for some things it's not going to be used by the add-on. ??
Also the add-on probably has keystroke assignments for it own stuff ??

Cheers ,,, Jim

WJH308
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi Jim, think of the PMDG 737ngx as a simulator inside of FSX. They modeled their own systems, their own autopilot code, their own everything. So about 99% of the auto flight controls use their own "offsets" or variables. Your program talks to FSX, if you want it to work with the PMDG 737ngx, you need to have it talk to the ngx. As a developer you should really read the EULA first, as PMDG's legal department wants to make it next to impossible to do so... Bastard lawyers...
I believe there is a lot of people making stuff for the NGX, but no one is sharing it on the web freely due to that blasted EULA... Too bad as it really is the best addon of all time for any flight sim...

I'm a bit curious here ,,, so what in my program doesn't work with the PMDG737NGX. ??

I know some things don't ,, but what ??

I can guess on a few things but I've never actually found out for sure.

Simconnect is still going to there but for some things it's not going to be used by the add-on. ??
Also the add-on probably has keystroke assignments for it own stuff ??

Cheers ,,, Jim

Jim NZ
08-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi Bill ,,, WOW they want to keep it in house don't they !!!!
I just read the EULA of the SDK.

Anyway ,, so what works in my program ,, or what doesn't ???

Just the simple A, T, W, r,s,t (the identifiers) would give an indication of the magnitude of the problem.
That way we will find out what IS available.

Thanks ,,, Jim

WJH308
08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
None of the AP controls work, except for crs set. Keep in mind that the PMDG 737ngx has Crs1 and a Crs2. DME, Transponder work. None of the actives work

Correct ,, Link2fs and FSX and the Arduino all need to be on the same computer.

Cheers ,,, Jim

Jim NZ
08-10-2012, 07:39 PM
What do you call "actives" ???

How about ,,,
I J K gear
M flaps
g h throttle settings
d - k radio frequencies
a - c fuel
A pitch
B roll
C altitude
N trim
S spoilers

Thanks ,,, Jim

WJH308
08-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Sorry it took a while to get back to you on this.
What DOES work...
A - Z, a, c - o, >H, >L
Doesn't work
b, p - z, >A - >G

The rest, not tested, but will on request...
The single biggest block of things that need to work in my opinion is b, p-z

Jim NZ
08-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Thanks Bill ,,, this is good stuff as it looks as thought most things will work except an auto-pilot.
Shame tho ,, but I suppose that's the way it goes.

Thanks for the checking too, it will help other people to make a decision ,,, Jim

WJH308
08-13-2012, 02:18 PM
The latest versions of FSUIPC have integrated all of the NGX SDK functions. For FS9 compatibility, I assume you make use of FSUIPC to read the variables? It would not be a stretch to extend that to the NGX in a special FSX mode. Any way, this is all why I am also working on a ProSim 737 program for my autopilot controls, it supports such things out of the gate.

Jim NZ
08-14-2012, 04:52 AM
Now that's good news for the NGX Guys ,,, Mind you, I don't have NGX or FSUIPC and even if I did ,,, I probably wouldn't go down that road until after I've massively updated my software and made it more generically versatile.

Of course ,,, that can change tomorrow :) :)

OK ,, back to it for me ,,, Jim

freddehboy
08-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Hi

Its sound as I can use the Link2FS for all my functions except from the AP stuff, I have VrInsight MCP combo!?

WJH308 (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php?u=4239), Jim NZ (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/member.php?u=347), did you say that you program can talk to the FSUIPC if the user make a FSX mode into the Links2FS?

Best Fredrik

Jim NZ
08-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Hi Fredrik

No, Link2fs has nothing to do with FSUIPC ,,, it doesn't use it and it doesn't interact with it.

And yes, you are correct in that it appears everything will work except the auto-pilot.

The thing to do is try the software and see if what you need actually shows as working extractions in the program.

Cheers ,,, Jim

freddehboy
08-14-2012, 05:50 AM
sorry dubble post :(

freddehboy
08-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Hi

If you see: Keypress - PMDG 737NGX - The AVSIM Community (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382235-keypress/) its look like I can get it to work :)

I will try this way//
Best Fredrik

whitesoft
08-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Hi.

I Try in/outV2
And get this error.

Willem.

WJH308
08-27-2012, 01:39 PM
No idea, your image resolution is so poor I cannot read it

Jim NZ
08-28-2012, 04:41 AM
You are trying to upload the PDE to a com-port that does NOT have an Arduino card connected to it.
Check for the com-port that has the Arduino connected to it and upload to that com-port.
Read this ,,,
how to upload an Arduino PDE file. jimspage.co.nz keys uno mega newbie (http://www.jimspage.co.nz/how_to_pde.htm)

If you can't find the com-port the Arduino is connected to ,, then you may have to re-install the Arduino drivers.
Read this ,,,

Arduino - Troubleshooting (http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting)
(The first item.)

Jim

whitesoft
08-28-2012, 05:44 AM
Hi,Jim

Thanks for your replay.

This morning a see your: Hi-from-Jim-:)--, welkom on my lcd screen and:-- Waiting-for-data.

About the com port.

Arduino (uno) uses port 24 to the pc.

But your prog. fs2pcin/out V2 uses port 3, the max number is 9.

During the installing of the Arduino driver it connect to port 24.

Can I change this?

Willem.

Jim NZ
08-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Hi Willem,,
You can't give a number higher than 9 in my program so you will have to change what windows assigned that port number to.

You can do this easily,, so do a google with "How to change com port assignment" or "change com port number" etc

Both bring up heaps of advise.

Good luck Willem ,,, Jim

whitesoft
08-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Jim.

After setting pc and Arduino to com port 2, and set the baudrate to 115200, link2fs works.

At this moment I can't get your home page from the Netherlands.

Many thanks for your advice.

Greetings

Willem.