PDA

View Full Version : AutoCad-2000_1246038037

johnnyg
07-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I downloaded this file here and was wondering if anyone knows how to get one part of the panel to print out full size because someone did not include it in this drawing to show up full size or full scale size. The drawing I want to print full size is Drawing 1. The Drawing 2 is showing how it is done and located down on the bottom bar and prints full scale size. Does anyone know how to do this in auto cad to edit file to print full scale.See Attachments68316832

izac86
07-21-2012, 05:02 PM
I can help i use autocad, just let me get it right what you want to do is prin full scale? Home printer i imagine?

johnnyg
07-21-2012, 06:02 PM
No I have a Calcomp 5324 Techjet color printer. It uses roll paper 36" wide.If you will notice at the bottom of the autocad atachment #2 there different little boxes that contain seperate parts of main model.I can pick one of these and print it by exporting it into a PDF File then it will print full scale using 1'0"=1'0" in the paper settings.I need to create another box that contains the attachment # 2 and fits inside this box as the other ones do.I'm sure i'm not saying this right but I hope you can understand what I mean.

izac86
07-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Ok i think i get it the first atachment is the model window the second is a layout window, what you want is to make a layout setup for you main model with scale 1:1?

johnnyg
07-21-2012, 07:21 PM
That is correct.What I normally do is when I save it or export it to a PDF file I change the paper setting to 1'0"=1'0" and it will print out full scale.Thanks so much for your help.

izac86
07-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Ok il try to tell you an easy way, if its in the same file were you have the main panel just go to the bottom were the MIP is do a right click and select move or copy, cheke the make copy box and and select move to the end. Once thas done you go to the copy you made and you are going to acces the view port and careful not to scroll the mouse whell couse it will change your scale, to enterr thviewport you have to doubleclick on the center of the layout and with the middle pres and hold to drag til you get you panel in sight, to leve the viewport doublle click outsise the paper layout , try to leve your zoom were you can see the page and a little outsise the page befor ypu enter the viewport becaus remember you canot scroll because youl change the scale, hope you can understand me. Let me know if you have any dought

johnnyg
07-21-2012, 08:20 PM
I downloaded the file from this site in the file library section do you think you or someone else could edit the file and repost it in the download file library section.Here's the link where I downloaded it http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=46 and here is the file to download fourth file down 737-AutoCad-2000_1246038037.dwg : Here is a very useful detailed CAD drawing for the B737! Cheers, Gwyn (3.08 MB). Do you think you could edit it and repost it for me or pm me with edited file?

izac86
07-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Shure ill do it, i will post it

johnnyg
07-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks it's good to know that we have someone to count on when time is so important to us to those of us who may have so little time.

izac86
07-21-2012, 10:08 PM
I modified the file and uploadeded, hope it was what you were trying to do, if not, let me know and i will try to help.
i uploaded to the file section its just pending aproval, will pos link right away.

jonesthesoftware
07-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi
surely if you want to print out full scale from Autocad you simply use the "plot" function and select the option to print 1 to 1 scale, this will print out the drawing at the scale at which it was drawn. You can check the scale of the drawing by using the "dimension" command and measuring any part of the drawing to see what size it was drawn. If it has been drawn at any size other than full scale you can do a simple plot to any scale you want whether greater or smaller than the original drawing. From the image you posted you appear to want to print out the MCP part of the drawing so in the "plot" function box select plot "display" and it will only plot what you can see on your screen
regards
geoff

johnnyg
07-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you very much that worked just fine modifying the file.For some reason I can't print directly from autocad program to the plotter.I also wanted to know how to mark the center's of all the circles in the drawings so when I go to cut them out I have a center mark to set drill bit on.Also wanted to know if I could use these drawings to cut out panels on a CNC mill and if so how would I do that and what program would I use?I would like to build a CNC machine and want to know how to program it to use with these drawings.

jonesthesoftware
07-23-2012, 04:08 AM
Hi johnny
If your printer can be used by other windows programmes then it can be used by Autocad, look at the image in the last email and there is a dropdown box that sasy printer/plotter-name, click on the arrow at the side of the box and the name of your windows printer should appear in the dropdown, select the printer there. Then plot
Select the circle drawing tool and move the mouse over the circle you wish to center mark and if you have OSNAP enabled(F3 will toggle this on/off) the centre of the circle will be marked. Draw a small circle here say 1mm and this will mark you circle centre for drilling.
Yes you can use Autocad drawings to produce cnc files. Many programmes available for producing cnc files and most will import Autocad files directly.

regards
geoff

johnnyg
07-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Again Thank you so much for your help I will try this.

johnnyg
07-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know how thes parts fit together to install the panels on them?Maybe if they were drawn in 3D view it would be easier to understand.6838683968406841

johnnyg
07-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Hey Thanks for all your help. I guess nobody has an answer to my last question but that's OK I found out If I save it as a DXF file the measurments show up but it still don't explain how this fits together.Forget that for now but I was wondering (AGAIN) how I would go about changing the background of this autocad layout to gray with white lettering?Please explain or repost it for me so I can figure out how it's done. I was able to figure out how to on the last one that got redrawn and reposted.See Attached drawing.6851