PDA

View Full Version : FSweekend "2012" continues !

raymondvanderploeg
06-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi all,

Had a nice email in my inbox today from the initiator of the FSweekend, also in 2012 an FSweekend in the weekend of 3 and 4 november in the 'new' Aviodrome, Lelystad Holland

regards,
Raymond

Matt Olieman
06-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Excellent news Raymond.... Thank you!!!

Matt Olieman

fsaviator
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Nice! This year I hope to be able to make it.

Efe Cem Elci
06-08-2012, 03:59 AM
That is great to hear! I was wondering what was going to become of the organization, not being aware that the whole closure of the Aviodrome in Lelystad had been solved (apparently). I'm going to email Frans now and congratulate him... hopefully we will see each other there for those who plan on going...

damien
06-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Got the same email indeed! Very good news and looking forward to the first weekend of November!

Efe Cem Elci
06-09-2012, 05:17 AM
Now... next up is to figure out how to get on this Dutch mailing list :P

fsaviator
06-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Now... next up is to figure out how to get on this Dutch mailing list :P

Let me know how if you figure it out Efe.

Matt Olieman
06-09-2012, 10:27 AM
I've been the mailing list in the past, but certainly didn't get this notice. I too would like to know Efe.

Matt Olieman

Sean Nixon
06-10-2012, 04:32 AM
Wow, I'm impressed. You can all speak Dutch! ;)

fsaviator
06-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Wow, I'm impressed. You can all speak Dutch! ;)

Sean, natuurlijk hebben we allemaal Nederlands spreken. Had je dan niet om het te leren op school? Met Google Translate, ik spreek allerlei talen. :lol:

Sean Nixon
06-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Sean, natuurlijk hebben we allemaal Nederlands spreken. Had je dan niet om het te leren op school? Met Google Translate, ik spreek allerlei talen. :lol:

Err, yeah, that too!

damien
06-11-2012, 06:46 AM
All organisations that have been at the past editions of the FS Weekend are receiving this email. The organisation wrote an email in both English and Dutch so don't worry about your Dutch ;)

You better visit www.fsweekend.com and if you need more and specific information just write Frans an email and I am sure he will help you out!

Efe Cem Elci
07-12-2012, 05:55 AM
So who's coming? Just arranged for accommodations and flights yesterday. This will be number 3 for me, looking forward to it very much. Probably will be there later Saturday and most of Sunday, unfortunately not the whole show as I am becoming more and more wife-whipped as the years go by. After spending 3 nights in nice but quiet Lelystad last year, this year the Mrs. wants to spend more time in Amsterdam and possibly even a day trip to Rotterdam is in the works.

Also can one of the guys up top change the title so that it includes something that shows that its for this year? Thanks!

Matt Olieman
07-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Also can one of the guys up top change the title so that it includes something that shows that its for this year? Thanks!

Done!!! :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

Neil Hewitt
07-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Looks like I'll be coming, barring unforseen circumstances (my mum, sadly, has terminal cancer, but it's under control - which is to say it's responding to palliative chemo - so unless there's a sudden turn for the worse she should still be with us and relatively well by November). My first time, too (not in the Netherlands - I've done the Dam several times - but at FSWeekend). I know the one major hotel (the Apollo) in Lelystad town fills up quickly, so I booked in today. Anyone else staying there? I imagine Lelystad is not really a happening town, but I've done Amsterdam in winter so many times I really don't need to do it again :-) It'll be nice to just chill. An early Christmas present to myself.

Perhaps oddly, I plan to get over there by rail rather than flying. I'm a rail nerd too - I love the whole Europe-by-rail thing, I've done several extensive trips by rail across the EU and the then-Soviet Union, and I like the feeling of travelling in style, even if it does take longer. Eurostar to Brussels and then Thalys to Amsterdam, then a pokey commuter train to Lelystad itself. It ought to be fun! Failing that, I'll be taking BA CityFlyer out of London City. For a mild price premium (and it's not much this far out) you get a business-level service and you don't have to hump all the way out to Heathrow or Gatwick. Or, heavens forbid, Stansted or Luton :-)

Looking forward to meeting some of you in the flesh, then...

NH

Sean Nixon
07-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Me and member Clive are staying at the Apollo too. We stayed there in 2010 (missed 2011). It's a cracking hotel.

There aren't many bars in the City centre, but those that are there were very busy on the Friday & Saturday night. A really nice atmosphere (although very smokey). Just remember to pay your bill before you leave. There's a story behind that, but that can wait until another day!

We arrive on a NCL-AMS flight on Friday lunchtime and leave on the tea time flight Sunday.

The commuter train from AMS to Lelystad was far from pokey. A giant double decker thing, but not at all stylish. The interior decor more resembled a NYC subway train!

Sean

Neil Hewitt
07-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah, been on those trains. Not a pleasant experience in rush hour :-)

fsaviator
07-28-2012, 04:15 PM
OK,

I'm booked at the Apollo Hotel Lelystad City Centre. Now I just need to make sure I can stay clear of any work trips in that time!

See you guys there!

Warren

claushansen
08-05-2012, 11:10 AM
See you at Apollo Hotel, just booked and flight with Norwegian :)

Regards
Claus

www.737sim.dk

ian@737ng.co.uk
08-09-2012, 01:24 AM
have a great time chaps :o
all the naughty boys are booked in at the airport hotel :o
see you all there......

ian

JWS
08-09-2012, 06:59 AM
have a great time chaps :o
all the naughty boys are booked in at the airport hotel :o
see you all there......

ian

Since me and the mrs are coming too, add a "naughty" girl as well.;)

JWS

Nick1150
08-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Thinking of coming too with my wife. This will be our second time. We will be staying in Amsterdam and we will be attend FSweekend on Saturday only if we make it anyway.

Just asking...

Will we arrange a dinner-drink or something similar on Saturday night as a forum so we can all meet together ? I am trying to count women in the group an if I am not mistaken at the time being its only JWS Wife and my wife, so that makes 2 women. Hope there will be more so they can have good time too.

Hope I make it anyway...

fsaviator
08-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Nick, see you there!
Warren

flymo001
08-31-2012, 05:50 AM
JWS...I'm attending too, good to meet you and your wife last year. See you there.

Regards,
Flymo.

Sammy-E
10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
For those who want to fly the full motion sim: simcenter has an offer on the website:
BOEK NU JE SESSIE VOOR HET FSWEEKEND! - Simcenter.nl (http://www.simcenter.nl/fsweekend2012/)

Greetings,
Eric

fsaviator
10-15-2012, 12:30 AM
Excellent offer. I just asked for a 30 minute booking on Sunday.

Update...

Just got my confirmation! I am booked for a half hour on Sunday from 1100 to 1130! Whoohoo.

Who's up to being my FO?

Warren

Sean Nixon
10-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Adapted from Top Gun:-

"Warren, you'll get your FO when you get to Lelystad. If you don't, give me a call. I'll fly with you". :)

Roland
10-29-2012, 05:06 AM
Hi,

For those going to this year's FSWeekend:

I will again show my motion cockpit, this time with a nice addition: home-build force feedback flight yoke.

Below video gives a general overview:

DIY Force Feedback Yoke - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcIpXSaVEa4&list=UUPXwxOwrFnl4iRuGYPnDRUQ&index=1&feature=plcp)

Details of the MS Sidewinder Forcefeedback2 stick hack can be found at

MS Sidewinder FF2 hacking (http://www.simprojects.nl/ms_siderwinder_ff2_hack.htm)

Details on the mechanical build:

ForceFeedback Yoke II (http://www.simprojects.nl/forcefeedback_yoke_ii.htm)

Welcome to stop by my Simprojects stand, take a test flight and have a nice chat..

See you there!

Neil Hewitt
11-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I'll be off on the Eurostar tomorrow morning, be at the Apollo by 7pm or so, hopefully (got a couple of hours layover in Brussels en-route). I'll no doubt hang around the lobby for a bit and see who's there. I can be reached at neil.hewitt@gmail.com (provided I get my data roaming set up properly <g>) if anyone's organising anything MyCockpit-ish. I'll be bringing my lovely new Microsoft Surface with me (sorry, I am a geek after all). Thought about bringing a laptop running FSX but I suspect I'll be seeing enough simulated flying to keep me happy for one weekend.

Looking forward to it immensely!

NH</g>

Goldmember
11-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I'll be there on Sunday! The hash tag on Twitter is #fsweekend (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fsweekend), this might also help to meet each other.

fsaviator
11-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I'll be there Friday evening, staying at the Apollo.

Neil Hewitt
11-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I suppose we can continue to use this thread to organise things too... I gather there's in-room WiFi :-)

Sean Nixon
11-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Neil, myself and 2 others from the UK expect to arrive at the Apollo before you. We can be in reception (or the bar) around 7pm to meet you if you like. I can give you my mobile number if it helps and you can ring/text your progress.

Sean

Sean Nixon
11-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Same goes to you Warren, missed your post.

fsaviator
11-01-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm up for meeting in the Apollo bar at 7PM. My cell is +49 1765 653-5471

metamarty
11-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I will also stay at the Apollo hotel friday to Sunday.

fsaviator
11-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Fantastic, Marty. Looking forward to meeting all of you in person.

Neil Hewitt
11-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm on +44 7717 204681 - thanks to O2 I get reasonably cheap calls and data when roaming internationally, so I'll be using this mobile exclusively. Sean, feel free to PM or text me your number and I'll shout when I get there - I get into Amsterdam Centraal at 1744 and there's a train to Lelystad at 1803: if I miss that then I definitely won't be at the hotel for 7, but if so I'll just come and meet you all as soon as I can.

See everyone tomorrow...

fsaviator
11-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I have arrived and am in room 226 at the Apollo.

Will be linking up with others in the bar at 7PM Friday.

Efe Cem Elci
11-03-2012, 06:29 PM
I arrived late tonight and will be staying at the airport hotel tonight. Will be at FSWeekend most of tomorrow before starting the drive back to Amsterdam for the rest of the week. See you guys around...

fsaviator
11-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Here is a video of me flying the full motion sim at simcenter here at the Aviodrome. The person after me cancelled, so I got a full hour for 90 Euro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KrW5xGvmWc&hd=1

Neil Hewitt
11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Just want to say what a pleasure it's been meeting some of you in Lelystad this weekend. In particular, Sean Nixon, Clive (whose surname I can't post because of the silly decency filter - bah), Geremy Britton and Warren 'fsaviator' - whose ride in the full-motion sim will doubtless make many jealous - who were all hugely hospitable and got me well-fed and drunk. Sadly I was struck down with some form of food poisoning today and didn't make it to Day 2, and I'm disappointed I missed out on meeting Ian Sissons and others who I know were there but I never ran into.

I can go back to London with many ideas for my own project, and counting the pennies hoping perhaps to order some of the fantastic hardware on display.

Plus, I got to go stand in the wheel-well of a 747 :-)

Roland
11-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Same here, it was great to meet many old friends from last year at my Simprojects stand.
Nice chats, great atmosphere, and I always love to see the kids flying a pattern with full dedication and great skill!

Some info on the presentation I gave between flights, a video and some pictures can be found here:

FSWeekend 2012 (http://www.simprojects.nl/fsweekend_2012.htm)

Hope to see you all again next year!