PDA

View Full Version : How to configure the throttle

jumbo0
05-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Hi there

Today I received my Throttle from Roberto, really a masterpiece! I was just wondering how I can get it all to work. I'm using a registered version of FSUIPC, I was already able to assign the left throttle axis to 'Throttle 1 set', same with the other throttle, but when I use it in FSX it immideately goes to reverse, and only when i'm almost half way thrust it goes to idle. When the levers are at full thrust, then it's only like 50% in fsx.. How can I solve this?

Also, when I assign the reverser to reverse engine, I can't undo the reverse! When I put the reverse handle back to idle the plane stays in reverse.

It's probably simple, but I can't figure this out! Would be great if somebody could help me out! :grin:

dodiano
05-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Hi,

Did you try the tutorial I sent you? It's all there you just have to follow it step by step! It has to be calibrated first in windows and you have to clear all assignments in FS the throw all nullzones to zero and sensitivities to max for joystick! Follow the tutorial step by step if you don't have it send me an email and I will send it again!

Regards

Roberto

stephanev
05-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi there,

I also have the same throttle and it took me some time as well to configure it with FSUIPC, mainly because I did not read the tutorial properly.

I made the same error as you did, you should not assign the FS control ‘Throttle 1 set’ to your throttle axis but instead select the option to “Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration” then choose the action Throttle1 in the drop list (look carefully at the print screen in the tutorial from Roberto).
Also if you look at FSUIPC user guide it says : “…the older ‘THROTTLEn SET‘ controls which FSUIPC4 uses to provide reverse thrust zones on the same axis.” and we don't want that ;)

But like you, I also have the issue with the reverse lever, when I pull the levers, reversers are on but when I put them back reversers stay on. Roberto if you have any tips ? ;)

Also I’m not too satisfied with the ‘speedbrake armed’ function, I assigned the button as described in the tutorial but it’s way too sensitive when I pull the speed brake if I don’t stop at the exact position (after I hear the click from the switch inside) then it goes immediately to deploy function. I’m guessing it might be a calibration issue in FSUIPC but I‘m not sure, I still need to work on that.

The rest of the buttons/axis work perfectly, I use the Ifly 737NG in FSX and I managed to assign everything else.

Let us know how it goes for you.
Stephane

By the way, I looked at your website, great installation you’ve got. I’m just starting slowly to build my cockpit and I would be very happy the day I can have something similar to yours.

dodiano
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Ok the way to fix the reverser is that on FSUIPC as per the tutorial reverse when lever pull is" throttle decrease small" if or just decrease if I recall correctly (sorry I am at my phone right now dont have the tutorial with me) and when button release you have to set" throttle set" sometimes you have to slightly move the levers out of idle and back but this is mainly an fsuipc issue not a throttle issue!

jumbo0
05-09-2012, 06:27 AM
I'm following the tutorial right now, calibration in Windows is okay, and if I test it, it works properly, but the configuration in FSUIPC is still a problem. I don't have the reverse problem anymore, but instead my engines are at 60% thrust when my throttles are in idle. If I slowly move the throttles it goes to 110% thrust, then back to 40% and back to 100%. Strange, and I followed the manual. Maybe it's got something to do with that 'delta'? I will keep trying stuff now.

Edit:
By messing around with that 'Delta' button in FSUIPC I managed to get them a little to work. Only problem now is when the throttle levers are halfway (in FSUIPC it shows then as "0") they start doing weird, the thrust is going up and down like crazy.. it's still a little though! :$

dodiano
05-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Within FS what are your null zones and sensitivities?? Did you do that before working with FSUIPC?

jumbo0
05-16-2012, 10:35 PM
After a while I got them to work configuring within FSX. I just configured the buttons in FSUIPC. Thanks all!

cmdurney
06-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi there,

I also have the same throttle and it took me some time as well to configure it with FSUIPC, mainly because I did not read the tutorial properly.

I made the same error as you did, you should not assign the FS control ‘Throttle 1 set’ to your throttle axis but instead select the option to “Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration” then choose the action Throttle1 in the drop list (look carefully at the print screen in the tutorial from Roberto).
Also if you look at FSUIPC user guide it says : “…the older ‘THROTTLEn SET‘ controls which FSUIPC4 uses to provide reverse thrust zones on the same axis.” and we don't want that ;)

But like you, I also have the issue with the reverse lever, when I pull the levers, reversers are on but when I put them back reversers stay on. Roberto if you have any tips ? ;)

Also I’m not too satisfied with the ‘speedbrake armed’ function, I assigned the button as described in the tutorial but it’s way too sensitive when I pull the speed brake if I don’t stop at the exact position (after I hear the click from the switch inside) then it goes immediately to deploy function. I’m guessing it might be a calibration issue in FSUIPC but I‘m not sure, I still need to work on that.

The rest of the buttons/axis work perfectly, I use the Ifly 737NG in FSX and I managed to assign everything else.

Let us know how it goes for you.
Stepha

By the way, I looked at your website, great installation you’ve got. I’m just starting slowly to build my cockpit and I would be very happy the day I can have something similar to yours.

Hi I am having trouble with programming reverses and sspoilers arm.
What settings are needed in FSUIPC ?

dodiano
06-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi Did you read the FSUIPC tutorial I sent you?? It is all there? Also the reversers is explained above! Let me know!

Regards

Roberto