PDA

View Full Version : B737 Engine Start Switch with Solenoid

Hans Krohn
01-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi guys,

I was productive over the holidays and created this switch. Easy to build, cheap, and it works like a charm!

Details are on my site www.hanskrohn.com

Best regards,
Hans

Trevor Hale
01-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Fantastic.

Man, Thats incredible. Do you think you could lend me your brain for about a week. I really could use a second one to solve a couple problems.

One thing I have learned by watching you, is some of us build prototypes that aren't that strong, just to get something that works. then we attempt to build it stronger.

Everything you build seems to be like it just came off the manufacturing line.

For me, I would have emailed Jonathan Richardson and asked him where he purchased his switches, I am sure he purchased them instead of building them. On behalf of all of us I am sure. Great Job!

Trev

Olympic260
01-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Trevor,

I have asked Jonathn regarding his solinoid switches, He told me that they are from real aircrafts

"Real a/c switches - about 400USD each on the secondhand market. "

Hans Great job

Chris

Trevor Hale
01-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Chris,

Thanks for that info. Wow.. Thats Pricy, Well then I guess thats why he decided to build them :)

Fantastic Job.

Trev

Hans Krohn
01-06-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi Trev,

you are right. I can think of better ways to spend 400 bucks. On the other hand, I just like to build stuff - gives me more satisfaction than just buying the final product...

I put a video of the switch in action on my website. Enjoy!

Regards,
Hans

www.hanskrohn.com

Matt Olieman
01-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Hans, how about sticking a link to the video here.... please? :)

Bob Reed
01-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi Matt. I don't think he has the video posted just yet , but as soon as he does I will get him to post the link!

Hans Krohn
01-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi Matt. I don't think he has the video posted just yet , but as soon as he does I will get him to post the link!

Hi Bob,

the video is on my site. Just scroll down to the bottom of the Engine Switch page!

Anyway, here is the link: http://www.hanskrohn.com/BuildingTips/EngStartSwitch/EngSwitch.wmv

All the best,
Hans

Matt Olieman
01-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Excellent Hans.... "CLICK" enough to wake you up :) Thank you.