PDA

View Full Version : FLIGHT SOUND X ANY USE???

manhattan
04-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi everybody.

Well I am still trying to figure out a way of hearing ATC seperate from other sounds!!
I came across 'Flight Sound' but it does not explain how it works, or if the audio received is ATC only, or EVERYTHING from the sound card?? If everything, then it's no better than plugging directly into the sound card as normal??

Any comments?

Thanks.

TONY Plymouth UK

notgotaclue
04-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi everybody.

Well I am still trying to figure out a way of hearing ATC seperate from other sounds!!
I came across 'Flight Sound' but it does not explain how it works, or if the audio received is ATC only, or EVERYTHING from the sound card?? If everything, then it's no better than plugging directly into the sound card as normal??

Any comments?

Thanks.

TONY Plymouth UK

Hi,
What I have done is run Radar Contact on a seperate computer via a network and plugged my headphones into this computer. Works a treat and very realistic to only hear ATC through the headphones and the engines rumbling throughout the sim.
Allan.

manhattan
11-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi,
What I have done is run Radar Contact on a seperate computer via a network and plugged my headphones into this computer. Works a treat and very realistic to only hear ATC through the headphones and the engines rumbling throughout the sim.
Allan.

Hi Allan.
You responded to my ATC question some time ago (Nov2010) and after a re-build, I have decided that I would like to try your Radar Contact idea. I have never tried networking before, and wondered if I would need to install a copy of FS in the second computer? Would I simply need to install RC on the 2nd PC, and network it to the main one? Not sure how FS and RC communicate?

Any help appreciated.

TONY. Plymouth UK.

ohsirus
11-24-2012, 12:57 PM
No second copy of FS is needed. You are going to need to share your FSX directory to your client and install RC4 on the client and point it to your FS server. You will also need WideFS and FSUIPC so RC4 can communicate with the sim. I ran a similar setup.

manhattan
11-25-2012, 06:09 AM
No second copy of FS is needed. You are going to need to share your FSX directory to your client and install RC4 on the client and point it to your FS server. You will also need WideFS and FSUIPC so RC4 can communicate with the sim. I ran a similar setup.

Thanks for the tip.

I am using 2004, and I am not sure how to "share" the directory to the client?
How do I "point" RC4 to the FS Server? Where would I find FS Server?
As I am using 3 to go, I don't need 'wideFS'. Is it essential for this to work?

I think this might be beyond my technical capabilities, but thanks for your time.

TONY. Plymouth, UK

manhattan
02-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Hi,
Allan.

Hi Allan.

Thankyou for your advice on seperating sounds in FS 2004.
I would love to try this, but not being too techy, I don't fully understand how to do it!
I am able to network to another PC, but that's about it! Any chance of slightly more explanation for me? - sort of step by step?

Is Radar Contact installed on the main PC and networked across, or installed on the client? Not sure how FS sounds go through RC, or how they are split?

Sorry to be a bit dim!

Thanks for your time.

TONY Plymouth UK

ohsirus
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Welcome to IndieVolume! | IndieVolume (http://www.indievolume.com/)
Every application can have separate volume level, independent of other applications volume level.

For example, you are listening to the music, and suddenly some application LOUDLY shouts or dings — with IndieVolume you just configure shouting application to sound at different (lower) volume compared with the volume at which player application is playing music.

Two or more soundcards, but applications play only on one.

For example, if you have built-in sound card and SoundBlaster as second sound card, or USB/Bluetooth headset, you can configure certain applications play on built-in sound card, and others play on SoundBlaster or USB headset, fully employing your audio hardware.

ohsirus
02-23-2013, 03:03 PM
One guy recommended it as he was facing the same issue, if it works out for you let me know as I have yet to try.

manhattan
03-02-2020, 10:58 AM
If I install IndieVolume in my PC as well as Radar contact, will it allow me to select RC output whilst allowing normal sounds as well - and can I modulate the levels?I realise that all sounds will still be coming from the same soundcard.Here's hopefully.Tony. Plymouth UK