PDA

View Full Version : New to the IFSBI community

PaulEMB
12-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I joined the community in the last month, and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Paul, and I first became interested in aviation early in my youth, and joined the Air Cadets in the UK at 13 - spent 9 years as a member, and flew Chipmunk trainers, Sedburgh and T21 gliders( Gliders to advanced PPL level), and a lot of RAF aircraft as a passenger - a crowning moment was in the Queen's Jubilee, when I flew in the jumpseat of a C130, flying in formation with 3 VC10 airliners.

I spent a few years travelling the world leading expeditions through Africa and South America, before settling down to a real job and a family.

Now am in the "over 50's", (Just) and living in Spain - I travel frequently for work throughout Europe, and once or twice a year to the US.

Last year I rediscovered MSFS, FDS and my life has gone downhill since! - I saw pics of Peter Cos' EMB120, and decided to build a EMB 145, an aircraft I fly a lot as a pax.

Now I have a full size flight deck in my basement, and a web page for those with similar inclinations- www.paulsflightsim.com

A Very happy New Year to all in this forum, and I'm sure we will talk more in 2007.

Paul.

W9XE/Project777
12-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Paul

Welcome to IFSBI and flight sim building.

From your post you do show a lot of aviation interest. I was real interesed reading about the Chipmunk. I used to be stationed at RAF Greenham Common from 1980 to to 1983. I used to fly Blonic gliders at RAF Bicester on weekends. The Chipmunk was our tug to 2000 ft then released. Lots of fun. Always a full day of flying fun. The cost was free except for the tow. Was 2lb 50 or 50 pence for wench to 500 ft.

As for your site http://www.paulsflightdeck.com/ we are getting page can not be displayed. Not sure if your site is down or Bob Reed and myself can not hit it.

I hope IFSBI will be able to help you in your cockpit building with positive information. :D

Bob Reed
12-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi Paul, and welcome to the sickness. You do know we are not right?, don't you? :) Any way it is good to add another builder to the list. We all have differant areas that we are good in and can share. Keep us posted on the progress of your sim. By the way the link to your site does not work.

777-300ER
01-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome. I too am new here and from the Project Magenta forum.

I wish you the best for 2007.

Regards,

Matthew

Bob Reed
01-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi Matthew. Nice to have you here! Will be watching your site!

777-300ER
01-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi Bob,

Thanks. I am presently working on my site with some folks and hope to have it up and running, at least initially in about 30 days.

Regards,

Matthew

PaulEMB
01-02-2007, 04:50 AM
Thanks all for your good wishes,

I corrected my web page address, sorry about that|

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, Matthew, and inspiration from the rest of the community.

Paul