PDA

View Full Version : GF-ATC with FS9???????????

manhattan
02-10-2012, 06:44 AM
In my search for audio perfection, I have come across a GF-ATC module which boasts to be able to allow me to split a common audio signal (engines etc and atc) into two sections allowing me to have background on speakers, and atc on headphones!!
The unit is not exactly cheap, and I don't want to buy one if this is just sales hype!! I know that FS10 audio can be split, but I aint goin' that route!

Anyone got one of these? Does it work as described?

Sorry to go on about this subject, I know that I mention it frequently.

Thanks all,

TONY, Pllmouth UK

A320 copilot
09-14-2013, 07:51 AM
I have it to, but in fsx. Can anyone help us.

Brodhaq
09-14-2013, 09:44 AM
We have GF ATC at our school and I hate the unit. Or better - if you enjoy flying offline with default ATC it is quite useful thing because of the selector knob and pushbutton, but I didnt find it useful in wiring sounds for separate audio. If you want to have engines sound in speakers and ATC (for example from VATSIM or IVAO) in headphones you should buy separate sound card (I LOVE this one and use plenty of them: USB 2 0 Blue External Mic Speaker 3D 5 1 Channel Audio PC Sound Card Adapter | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Blue-External-Mic-Speaker-3D-5-1-Channel-Audio-PC-Sound-Card-Adapter-/300913175054?pt=AU_Laptop_Accessories&hash=item460fd2aa0e) ) and you are done! You will set your primary soundcard which you already have as the output for windows default sounds (FSX, windows ding dongs,...) and this small unit will be used only by your ATC software (Squawkbox, Teamspeak, whatever). Of course that some sound cards allow more than one input at the time and you can the independent ATC voice by just tuning your present soundcard but it depends and you would have to do the research by yourself. I recommend you buying this (or similar thing) to make it quick and easy.

You are done for the price of one beer and it is so extremely easy. The whole GF ATC is in our cockpit used only as push to talk button :lol:

Pavel