PDA

View Full Version : SIOCModule cannot connect to IOCP server

Hannes44
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Installing the hardware is a major task:
My main problem is now: SIOCModule cannot connect to IOCP server. The SIOC Module connects, but is immediatly afterwards disconnected.

I checked the ports etc. assuming the IOCPserver port is named the SIOC.ini they are ok are there other points I have to consider?

Thank you for support.

Hannes44
12-18-2011, 07:13 AM
Now I'm trying to circumvent the SIOCModule communications problem with writing a script for SIOC that uses the offsets from your overhead to talk to your OVHD software from SIOC and so to reverse direction. But there I'm stymied by my not understanding how the offsets from 78E8 upwards work: The first lot of read offsets are 1Byte long i.e. 8 Bits , no problem, but then the from 78E8 up they are also 1 Byte long and they can have values from 0 to 77. That obviously can't be bits to set, but it doesn't make much sense to me to write one value after the other to the same offset, with the most different functions to one offset like e.g. all of the lighting switches.
I'd be grateful for a hint in the right direction.

jeehell
12-18-2011, 07:16 AM
Hi,

I'm sorry I'm not really knowledgeable with SIOCmodule. All I know, it is possible to use the modules as master cards, and assign the inputs/outputs in SIOC Creator from my suite.
Also, when you say IOCP server, which one are you referring to? the one built inside SIOC.exe or the one you can run inside FS9/X?

JL

jeehell
12-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Ah we cross-posted...

What do you mean by SIOCmodule? As far as I know, SIOCmodule is used to run some plug 'n play modules from opencockpits, such as COMM radio and XPDR. I do not see why you'd use OVHD offsets with them?

Concerning offsets:
-The preferred way with OC hardware is SIOC Creator. It is available if you checked "SIOC Support" during installation, under the "Hardware Modules" in your installation path.
-Even OC Modules (COMM,XPDR and all) can be used as master cards, you just need to declare them in your SIOC.ini
-SIOC Creator does NOT connect to any IOCP server, you have to fill the fields manually
-OVHD read offsets: as you could see, one bit is one LED.
-OVHD write offsets: one byte is used to send a command as an integer number, not as separate bits. Once my software reads the command, it resets the offset to 0. This way you can send up to 256 commands from one offset. Since you rarely push two buttons at the same time, it is acceptable.

Cheers,
JL

Hannes44
12-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Just to clarify: with SIOCmodule I meant your SIOCmodule.dll in the 'Hardware Modules' -folder which I assume is for communication with the SIOC.exe.
And I'd much prefer to use SIOC Creator and it writes the jeeHell.ssi file to the SIOC folder allright. There has to be another problem somewhere. Im using FS2004 but I don't see hiw this could be relevant.
Anyway thanks for clarification on the offsets that's a big help.

jeehell
12-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Ok sorry for the misunderstanding.
There are several people using SIOC Creator for their hardware without this problem, so I think it comes from either a bad configuration (like IP or port) or firewall/network issue.

Hannes44
12-18-2011, 08:34 AM
So I'll go again into - this checking all settings again and again just like in the real world.

Thanks.

Hannes44
12-18-2011, 01:15 PM
I think maybe I found the cause for the problem: the computer running the PFD and ND etc panels is not fast enough and choked the whole system. After switching most of the panels off there was suddenly a working connection. Another possible cause may be the radio panels from FSCockpit, they run on their own software and that is not compatible with SIOC, so I have them running on the second computer with WideClient.
Sorry to be a nuisance but now I have two more questions
1) My Flaps-lever is a rotary switch with 5 fixed detents, no analog axis: What are the values I have to use with the flap-positions so that they work with your software; I think I have to use a SIOC script for the flaps and add it in SIOC Creator.
2) Declaration of an axis for spoilers: I have the spoilers connected to an analog axis input #1 on m the USBexpansion card. When checking with the program controlador.exe from SIOC all works well, the analog input shows values from 44 to 255. Then I declare axis #1 in SIOC Creator with Input= 1, left Pos = 44 middle Pos = 149 right Pos 255. Apply everything and go to FMGS config and click calibrate next to the spoilers line the calibration window opens and immediatly there are endless error windows with 'Floating point division by zero and the program hangs.
Thank you for your patience and help.

Fritz
12-18-2011, 01:48 PM
I do not use OC Interface Cards therefore I do not know something about SIOC, but maybe the following helps a bit:
If you run FMGS_Config.exe to calibrate your axis, you must close all other FMGS programms!
If you use Windows7 you should run the programm as administrator.

Hannes44
12-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Forget the second point re spoiler axis the tip to close all other FMGS programs was a good one. So now it works. The flaps detent values would still be appreciated.
Thanks Fritz!

jeehell
12-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi,

Ok good for the SPLRs.
As for the Flaps, now I see I forgot to add a button way inside SIOC creator, I'll try to add that in next version
The problem with using exact detents in a SIOC code is it might conflict with the auto retraction of the flaps. You can try however, but then I cannot guarantee it'll work. The detents increment is 4096. so flaps 1 is 4096, flaps 1+F is 8192 etc. Since the flaps lever does not have flaps 1+F position, it's a bit tricky...

What you can do in your SIOC script: detect if the flaps lever is moved up or down, and send to FS through FSUIPC a flaps up or down command
To send a flaps command, you need to use FSUIPC offset 3110 and send one of these 2 commands:
FLAPS_DECR=65759
FLAPS_DOWN=65603

Cheers,
JL

Hannes44
12-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Thank you for your fast response. I see the problem and will try to implement your suggested mode in the script.