PDA

View Full Version : Problems with cpflight FCU

Hannes44
12-16-2011, 07:19 AM
First, thank you for your great software. I'm in the process of removing my PM Airbus Cockpit and implementing yours. One problem I could not resolve is the very slow response of the HDG and SPD rotaries on the CPflight FCU. It takes ages to turn SPD up to 200 or more. I'm using three computers, one with Windows 7 and FS9 + the 320FMGS Server and at the moment still overhead and MCDU. A second one WindowsXP 320FMGS Client is connected with the CPFlight FCU. The third one is now not relevant, it's planned for MCDUs. Should I change the configuration somehow or is there another cause for the sluggishness?
Another maybe related question: im using the EFIS from CPflight too, but the indicators BARO resp QNH don't work correctly esp on the co-pilots side. No matter what I use with the EFIS panel the indacator stays at BARO in the PFD it stays with QNH but the value are correct.

Hannes44
12-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Now I changed the CPflight FCU to the FS9 computer, it's running better now but still I have to twist the SPD button a lot to change speed.

jeehell
12-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Hello,
Before anything else, did you update the firmware of your FCU to the latest one available on CPflight website?
This is required for the best experience with my software. Tell me how things go after updating (oh and make sure to make a backup of your old firmware if you can).

Regards,
JL

Hannes44
12-18-2011, 07:05 AM
The firmware is updated to the latest version available. As I said the SPD and HDG are still a bit slow but I can live with that. More pressing is my problem with SIOCcreator from the other thread.
Thank you.

Fritz
12-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Now I changed the CPflight FCU to the FS9 computer, it's running better now but still I have to twist the SPD button a lot to change speed.
Check, if there is not even a dll for the CPFlight module active from a previous installation.
I can confirm that the reaction of the SPG and HDG is a bit slower. This is due to the architecture of FMGS but
this short delay is still ok.