PDA

View Full Version : Your Donations are needed!!!! Why? iPad, Safari and Advertising Hyperlinks?

blueskydriver
11-22-2011, 01:22 PM
MYC Staff,

Is this something new and planned or is it unknown? When using my IPad on Safari, there are words that are blue, but not underlined, yet they're hyperlinks to items referring to the words listed. For example, landing gear, goes to EBay and shows listings for landing gear for RC planes and real aircraft. Another example is shower curtain, it took me to a website that sells shower curtains...?

There might be one or two words per post that have this. Therefore, this would be quite a few on a thread with a lot of post. Hopefully, this is something related to Safari and the IPad, and that MYC is not selling advertising in a new, but IMHO low way. I am thinking it is the latter because MYC has always been about flight simulation and software/hardware related to that. So, ads or links for shower curtains, unrelated EBay items or useless wares is not fundamental to what makes MYC one of the best flight simulation websites.

Finally, I mean no disrespect if this is something planned, but I am guessing this is not a planned venture. Therefore, staff can you look into this please?

Thank you,

BSD

Edit: after typing and posting this, it is something automatically happening, as the word IPad now takes me too Amazon.

Second Edit: Using Windows XP now and seeing the same thing, so this is not Ipad and Safari related...

Third Edit: It says "shopping link added by Skimwords" when holding the mouse pointer over the hyperlinked word. Could this be on my end only, but on multiple computers?

Uh...fourth edit: Looks like it is a planned venture for MYC, just read what SkimWords is. Fine, but the problem is how do we tell which is a user link or SkimWords link, they can look the same.

Matt Olieman
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
MYC Staff,

Is this something new and planned or is it unknown?

that MYC is not selling advertising in a new, but IMHO low way.

Finally, I mean no disrespect Right!!!!! :(

Because of the economy as it is, advertisers are dropping out. One didn't even have the courtesy of responding to my emails. I've got enough funds to run the site for one more month before digging for cash in my pocket.

In the past 8 months, only two people have made donations, one person makes a contribution each month.... faithfully.

I don't want to shut down this site and I'll do what it takes to keep this site running.

If you have a better idea.... please let me know

Matt Olieman

AK Mongo
11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Matt,

I don't mind advertising at all. Please let us know if you need operating funds though! Money has been tight for us too, but I can throw a few bucks at my favorite site!

Reid

blueskydriver
11-22-2011, 04:15 PM
How about a Raffle with prizes, we ask for users to donate flight simulator items, new and used, and then you sell raffle tickets? MYC gets the funds the Winner(s) get the prizes...

Also, how about a 50/50 Worldwide Lottery? Members all pay like $5 or $10 US for a ticket/number and the Winner gets 1/2 of the total funds and MYC gets the other half...

In both cases, members will get something tangible and yet, will be keeping MYC going, so it is a win-win situation.

Last option is shutdown MYC or just have a simple page that states MYC is in financial distress, and then mass email all members that something must be done. Either everyone pays a donation or subscription rate. Before everyone faults the last one, all members...you all know how much information you get from here!

If you had to pay for it like Computer Pilot or PC Pilot it would cost twice as much and still you'd only get a monthly or bi-monthly issues. All the data on this website is like having both of those magazines' complete library from day 1, and even then their data would not match the MYC website data. Plus, it is like having a worldwide tech support 24/7 for free...

Hope this helps Matt and let me know what is decided.

BSD

Matt Olieman
11-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Since the start of this thread and in response to my post MyCockpit.org has received 3 donations of $10 each.

Thank you in behalf of MyCockpit.org users and members.

===============================================

MyCockpit.org receives over 4,000 unique visitors a day. Approximately 2,500 of the 4,000 are regular visitors. Traffic is strong and continues to grow.

Since January 1, 2011 MyCockpit.org has received 31 donations, total of $470.

MyCockpit.org's expenses run approximately $300. a month. In the grand scheme of bandwidth, disc space, annual software and registration fees, that's low.

When looking at the number of regular users come to our site (whether they come once a month or once a day), let's give it a low number of 5,000, and looking annual expenses of $3,600. That comes to $ .72. OK, we know not everybody would donate funds, but let's say a 5th of regular visitors. Now we are looking $ 3.60 per visitor.

The figures are based on no receipts of advertising fees. Advertising in the past has paid a major portion of operational costs and as members we are grateful those vendors who continue to support MyCockpit.org. BTW, there are a couple of vendors that prefer not to be recognized, that make donations. Unfortunately, the funds are not enough. So we are depended to dig in our pockets, just a few dollars to make up the difference.

I honestly thought, this year advertisers will pay 100% of our cost. But when advertisers are crunching their own numbers to stay alive, they choose not to renew their advertising at MyCockpit.org.

Your help and donations are needed and will be appreciated by all to keep MyCockpit.org alive and well.

Matt Olieman

PS: Please help keep this thread alive by posting your thoughts regarding this topic

blueskydriver
11-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Would you like to start a post that is titled "Help Save MyCockpit.org or ELSE!" and even post it on the main page as a major story? This way everyone will read it or so we hope. Thus, pushing the chance more funding would come...

How about this idea: "MyCockpit Dollar Day" All you have too do members is send a PayPal or donate $1 to help MYC on that day.

You could do this on the same day each year Matt and make it a special event to look forward to.

BSD

Matt Olieman
11-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Good suggestions :) :) :)

Let's wait what the next few days will bring us. Regarding posting on the "Home" page; not everybody goes directly there, a large percentage directly go to the forum.

Thanks,
Matt Olieman

Matt Olieman
11-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Received two donations today.... Total of $30.00

THANK YOU!!!!! :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

blueskydriver
11-24-2011, 11:09 PM
How about a sticky at the top of the forum page and on the main page as well, that way everyone will likely see it. Plus, it needs a lot of exposure right now, MYC needs funds or it'll go the way of the dodo for websites...

Hey Members, you know the first of the year is right around the corner, so making a $10 or whatever you feel like giving (which is how much in Euros?) for a donation right now will insure that MYC is here for the whole year of 2012!

Okay, wanted to share this. How about everyone list all the different places and ways you read the MYC forums/website? So, something like this:

-In the cockpit while in Cruise flight on a laptop or Ipad.
-On the toilet with an Ipad when you're leaving a...blah blah blah
-On my desktop, in the morning.

There has to be many different ways, places (cities, states, countries), times, funny stories, and etc about looking at this website. Therefore, list them and then think about that donation again...

Oh, I just put the money where my mouth is or fingers are to type and made a $10 donation! Now, I dare everyone else to do the same and you can even brag about it! Go ahead say who you are and what you donated...simple!

HELP KEEP MYC ALIVE!

BSD

ps. why am I so animate? I don't like those silly Skimwords links, so either MYC comes up with funds or those links will be everywhere!!! YUCK!!!

pdpo
11-25-2011, 05:15 AM
Hi Matt,

I was really shocked to hear this site costs 300 dollar each month!!!!! I did not realise that.. I thought 300 $ for a year would pay for this. I didnt have an idea it is that costly to run a site. I almost cant believe it.
Anyway, I have been a faithfull user for several years on a almost daily basis, trying to contribute in sharing my knowledge of SIOC and opencockpits. Now I have also contributed in the form of a small contribution...hope it helps a little.

Greetings Peter
Belgium

jonesthesoftware
11-25-2011, 07:34 AM
I think this info regarding costs needs to be spread around this site so everyone realises that it costs money to run a webiste, I only stumbled on it by accident as I normally go direct to the forums. I hope everyone who uses this site donates something, after all look how much info you get for nothing! I come here most days just to read what everyone else is doing and to pick up tricks and tips. A few dollars/pounds/euros/ is nothing compared to what we all spend on our pits. COme on guys you know you love this site so please donate something
geoff jones

Matt Olieman
11-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Thanks for your comments and support!!!!

Overnight MyCockpit.org (MYC) had two more donations, a total of $36.00

Thank you from all of MYC users/members.

Hi Matt,

I was really shocked to hear this site costs 300 dollar each month!!!!! I did not realise that.. I thought 300 $ for a year would pay for this. I didnt have an idea it is that costly to run a site. I almost cant believe it.
Anyway, I have been a faithfull user for several years on a almost daily basis, trying to contribute in sharing my knowledge of SIOC and opencockpits. Now I have also contributed in the form of a small contribution...hope it helps a little.

Greetings Peter
Belgium

Thank you Peter. Actually it's more than that, but we just have to cut back. $300 is just the very basics to keep the site afloat. It's amazing over the years the information we've collected and the storage it requires to keep it available and a backup source. The site has approximately 350,000 hits a day, the band width is nominal.

I recall running the site on $10 month. But things change, and to the better, but it costs..... :)

There are vendors selling their products without contributing a cent and they wonder why I ask them to stop. Can you believe they get angry at me for that....

In speaking for all who use this MyCockpit.org, I thank those who financially support us.

Matt Olieman

notgotaclue
11-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi,
I just made a donation, I would be lost without this site.
It the first thing I check when I switch on my computer and hope you manage to solve the financial problems.
Allan.

Efe Cem Elci
11-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks to some cockpit related expenses in the last few days, PayPal limited my account for security reasons. Donation once that is cleared up.

Some users might consider putting the link in my signature in theirs as well to constantly remind people to donate. The link takes people directly to the PayPal donation page.

CO735
11-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Just made my donation. I know I don't post much, but the site has been an invaluable resource for my NG build! And I know it will continue to be a trusted place to come for information. Matt - thanks for all you work and effort into setting up and running this site!

Matt (G. in Boston)

blueskydriver
11-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Matt O,

Just curious, what if a member does not have a Paypal account or a credit card? What if they wanted to mail you a check or money order donation? Do you have an address available?

I ask this because there are some members who might not have the means to pay online. For example, the younger members who might be 13, 14, 15 & etc; these members might not want to ask their parents to do the online payment for them. They might want to help by doing it for themselves and mailing a donation; thus, feeling that being a member of this site and hobby is something that belongs to them and not their parents...

Remember what it was like to be their age? You'd mow 25 lawns or shovel 25 sidewalks just to earn enough to buy the next item for your favorite hobby? Some an old car to fix up, others a BMX bike, baseball bat or glove, football, soccer ball, RC Car or RC Airplane, and maybe, the newest Barbie Play House; because there are even girl members on this site, so they count too. Well, these younger members have Flight Simulator and Cockpit Building as their hobby today, so they likely want to keep it going...and donating to MYC is a part of that because they're learning so much about Flight Simulation from here.

Besides the younger members there are some other members who would rather mail it too you. Therefore, the point being, there would be several different avenues of donating to MYC for everyone.

Finally, I have to shout out to all the companies whose products get talked about or read about 24x7 on this site. You do know that most of your customers come from MYC right? There is a saying in advertising, "play it 10 times, they hear it 7, they listen 3 times and get it once" Thus, your products' ads are being played endlessly, so people see it 70% of the time, read it 30% of the time and get it once...NOW, multiply by the amount of members and visitors per day, that means you have that many potential customers learning and even buying from you! So, you really should continue to keep ads on MYC.

Most companies can write off advertising on their taxes because it is something that is needed and is taking from profit margins, so you should continue to advertise...please! I said PLEASE....Pretty Please! Seriously, we need you as much as you need us customers.

BSD

Matt Olieman
11-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Matt O,

Just curious, what if a member does not have a Paypal account or a credit card? What if they wanted to mail you a check or money order donation? Do you have an address available?

BSD

If you can't donate via PayPal but can via a Credit Card.... Send me a PM with your email address and the amount you would like to donate. I will send you a PayPal invoice which can be paid using your credit card.

Thanks again for all of you that continue to support MyCockpit.org

Matt Olieman

oal331
11-25-2011, 04:13 PM
I believe in freeware sites, forums, communities, information, s/w, etc, so i think that MyCockpit.org deserves our support.

We are spending a lot of money every year for our common hobby, so just a few $ is nothing to support a freeware MyCockpit.

This site is our common place, where we virtually meet our friends and we discuss about our hobby. Is like a "virtual cafe" a virtual meeting place.

Make your donations !!!

Eddie Armaos
Proud supporter of MyCockpit.org

skino
11-26-2011, 04:50 AM
I do not have Paypal. How else can I donate? I would like to donate on a regular basis

since one of the best cockpit sides is that I know and I both on the helpfulness of the

members and of their deep expertise'm excited again.
In Germany, often by telephone or SMS Using those donated to a specific number is called,

which costs $ 5 for example. This money then goes to the owner of the number. Can not you

set up with a paid number one band, the "THANKS" says?

I would set up a number in Germany, for example for European donors when it is desired and

helps.

Since the threshold is perhaps not so great to call and make a donate ?

A list of donors to donate on the Homepage might also be an incentive.

Matt please apologize that we do not have long supported!

davek
11-26-2011, 06:51 AM
I subscribe to several aviation magazines and as I use this site in a similar manner for reading the latest info, getting advice etc, I have made a donation to the same price as a magazine subscription.

I am happy to pay an annual subscription fee for access to all the information that is in the forums.
If people cant afford a annual payment, maybe divided into monthly payments.

As subscribers, we would have access to all forums, whereas those public visitors have access to the general forum only. A little bit restrictive, but for MyCockpit to survive, there needs to be a change to the way you do business to keep it going.

I have just finished reading Steve Jobs biography... Matt if you want some tips on how to run a business (sic) have a read...:grin:

PS I know its not a business but you cant afford to keep paying for it out of your own pocket.

notgotaclue
11-26-2011, 08:19 AM
As subscribers, we would have access to all forums, whereas those public visitors have access to the general forum only. A little bit restrictive, but for MyCockpit to survive, there needs to be a change to the way you do business to keep it going.

I dont like that idea, I think it would totally kill the site.
As it stands posts are not that regular and to limit it even further to subscribers would be too much of a restriction.
That is my pet hate about forums, having to set up an account just to read the topics - I normally don't bother and move on.
Allan.

Matt Olieman
11-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Thank you for all of your great comments and ideas. :) :) :)

I do not have Paypal. How else can I donate? I would like to donate on a regular basis

since one of the best cockpit sides is that I know and I both on the helpfulness of the

members and of their deep expertise'm excited again.[/U][/B]

The most practical and lest expensive way I know how (although it may be labor intent for me and I don't mind) is for me to send you a PayPal invoice by email. You'll have an option to pay by credit card without having a PayPal account.

For those of you who would like to do this, please PM me with your email address and the amount you would like to donate.

@davek and notgotaclue, you're both right. It's always been my philosophy to keep MyCockpit.org an open site and times we've experimented with Members Only area and only found a reduction of traffic in those areas. So the restrictions were removed and traffic improved.

YESTERDAYS DONATIONS :D :D :D :D :D

MyCockpit.org had a total of 11 donations, some were extremely generous. A total of $454.00

THANK YOU!!!

Matt Olieman

Efe Cem Elci
11-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Matt can you create a subscription through PayPal (what they call a "recurring payment") of say $10 per month? I don't mind donating but can only remember to do so every few months. I think we all wouldn't mind contributing on a monthly basis.

blueskydriver
11-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Matt you really need a PO Box so that members can mail you a check, Money Order or whatever; even your home address would be fine... The point is there are likely a few who want to donate, but don't use Paypal and/or Credit Card. Besides, why give money to pay fees at Paypal/Credit Card company (when charged), that fee money could be donated to MYC right?

The old saying goes "Even Pennies Add Up"; although, it is asked that members donate US dollars, Euros or whatever currency your country uses because anything helps keep the website alive.

You could email a person a received letter for funds they've mailed to you... Any method that is possible to get the donations, is better than no donations. So, if possible, help those members out by providing an address to you.

Another question, is MYC non-profit? Since you do not do this for self profit, have you thought of getting the website listed as non-profit for tax reasons, that way people could count the donation as a chartible donation. With that, it makes giving to a cause a whole lot more valuable tax wise...

Otherwise, it is AWESOME to see so many members who do care about keeping this site going. Please keep the donations coming...

Any word on advertisers helping out again? Hopefully, they realize the value of this site and take out more ads?

BSD

davek
11-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Matt I agree I dont like the restricted subs only areas either, just an idea to propose.

When i was running my boating forum I paid all the costs for that, which was only about 500 bucks per year, but this one is certainly not a forum you can afford to run on your own unless you are a rich western australian sim manufacturer...hahaha

The most important point that jumps out from the replies here, and the donations made to date is that most people dont mind paying a donation, its more of a remembering issue for most of us.

Its also obvious that you shouldnt be shy in asking for donations as this post indicates there are plenty of us willing to chip in towards the cost.

What about if at the beginning of each month you post a 'Subs are Due' post as a gentle reminder for ppl to make a regular small contribution. A link to Paypal for payment included.

Efe Cem Elci
11-26-2011, 05:32 PM
The most important point that jumps out from the replies here, and the donations made to date is that most people dont mind paying a donation, its more of a remembering issue for most of us.

Its also obvious that you shouldnt be shy in asking for donations as this post indicates there are plenty of us willing to chip in towards the cost.

What about if at the beginning of each month you post a 'Subs are Due' post as a gentle reminder for ppl to make a regular small contribution. A link to Paypal for payment included.

Dave, PayPal has a recurring payment option that some forums I'm a member of use, along with some magazines. That way you could decide what you would be willing to donate monthly and "subscribe" accordingly. No need for reminders, or for us to try to remember to donate each month.

Matt Olieman
11-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Matt you really need a PO Box so that members can mail you a check, Money Order or whatever; even your home address would be fine...
BSD

If this is an issue, and you can't donate using PayPal and you are willing to send a check. Please write me a PM.

Otherwise Efe's comments regarding PayPal's "recurring payment" I can do that, you'll have to let me know via PM.

Since the first post in this thread mentioning donations, we've had 20 donations with a total of $664 (not including today).

I think as an interesting observation.... as of this writing, today we've had 2,901 unique visitors to MyCockpit.org

Matt O.

Matt Olieman
11-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Again, in behalf of MyCockpit.org members and users... WE THANK YOU for your contributions.

Yesterday we had 5 donations, a total of $140.00 :)

To date we have a total of 25 donations, a total of $804.00.

Matt Olieman

Matt Olieman
11-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Yesterday we had 4 donations, a total of $140.00 :)

To date we have a total of 29 donations, a total of $944.00

THANK YOU!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Matt Olieman

notgotaclue
11-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi,
So the website will be running for another 3 months - I better get a move on with my build :cool:
Allan.

Matt Olieman
11-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Yesterday (November 28, 2011) we had 4 donations, a total of $174.00 :)

To date we have a total of 33 users, who have made a total of $1118.00 in donations (out of 4,000+++ users a day).

THANK YOU!!!! to those loyal users/members

Matt Olieman

Matt Olieman
11-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Yesterday (November 29, 2011) we had 1 donations, a total of $10 :(

To date we have a total of 34 users, who have made a total of $1128.00 in donations (out of 4,000+++ users a day).

Matt Olieman

AK Mongo
11-30-2011, 12:57 PM
We Are The 1%! :)

Reid

Geremy Britton
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Matt, I'm sending you a PM i think i could help with this.

Matt Olieman
12-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Yesterday (November 30, 2011) we had 0 donations, a total of $0 :(

To date we have a total of 34 users, who have made a total of $1128.00 in donations (out of 4,000+++ users a day).

Matt Olieman

Chaser
12-01-2011, 12:27 PM
A note that you may want to do. I don't normally post about my donations, but in making a donation to you I discovered that if you select "GIFT" option, you receive 100% of donations from bank account (PayPal waives the fees). If you select "PAY FOR GOODS" then PayPal takes up to 4% for the transaction. This is the best way to make sure that you get the most bang for your buck...or should I say "bank" for your buck!!

It may have been mentioned somewhere and I didn't see it, but I want to make sure that you guys get all the funds that you can, as MyCockpit has been an excellent resource to connect with others doing the same crazy stuff as I am.
Jon

Matt Olieman
12-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Yesterday (December 1, 2011) we had 5 donations, a total of $68.00 :)

To date we have a total of 39 users, 1 being a repeat donor, who have made a total of $1196.00 in donations (out of 4,000+++ users a day).

Matt Olieman

PS: Just a reminder of what Jon posted...

A note that you may want to do. I don't normally post about my donations, but in making a donation to you I discovered that if you select "GIFT" option, you receive 100% of donations from bank account (PayPal waives the fees). If you select "PAY FOR GOODS" then PayPal takes up to 4% for the transaction. This is the best way to make sure that you get the most bang for your buck...or should I say "bank" for your buck!!

Matt Olieman
12-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Yesterday (December 2, 2011) we had 2 donations, a total of $87.00 :)

To date we have a total of 41 users, 1 being a repeat donor, who have made a total of $1283.00 in donations (out of 4,000+++ users a day).

Matt Olieman

jonesthesoftware
12-06-2011, 09:10 AM
hi Matt Olieman
now the site has a few dollars maybe you can chase up the host provider to improve acces to the site, this last couple of weeks it has been very difficult to access the site and when you click on a forum subject it takes ages to get to it. Mostly it's the server time out , server busy problem. ANy chance of fixing it, I appreciate all you do in running the site and offer you my thanks for all the great work you do and the time it must cost you. Problem is I'm hooked on this site and I need my daily fix and the waiting kills me.
kind regards
geoff

Matt Olieman
12-06-2011, 09:22 AM
hi Matt Olieman
now the site has a few dollars maybe you can chase up the host provider to improve acces to the site, this last couple of weeks it has been very difficult to access the site and when you click on a forum subject it takes ages to get to it. Mostly it's the server time out , server busy problem. ANy chance of fixing it, I appreciate all you do in running the site and offer you my thanks for all the great work you do and the time it must cost you. Problem is I'm hooked on this site and I need my daily fix and the waiting kills me.
kind regards
geoff

Thanks Jeff, I'm aware of the problem and am working on it..... :)

Here is the link of this topic: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/20778-Forum-Downtime/page3

Matt Olieman

Matt Olieman
12-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Donation Updates

Date
Donations
Total Donors
Amount
Sub Total

December 2, 2011
$87.00
$1283.00

December 3, 2011
$34.00
$1317.00

December 4, 2011
$65.00
$1382.00

December 5, 2011
$20.00
$1402.00

December 6, 2011
$1402.00

(out of 4,000+++ users a day)

THANK YOU!!!! to our loyal users/members for continued support
:) :) :) :):):)

Matt Olieman
12-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Just in case you missed the "Donation Updates," they have been moved to HERE (http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php/23753-Your-Donations-Are-Needed-(Donation-Expense-Updates)?p=126406#post126406)

SkimLinks

Regarding the "SkimLinks" advertising; in case you don't know what that is... it's the words marked in blue in the forum text, which will direct you to either the vendor of a product or where to buy the product. MyCockpit.org will receive a fee every time you mouse over and a separate fee when you click to the site.

At first, I thought we would give it a try. I thought this may be annoying, but after a while, in many ways it is informative, a link of where to buy and vendor web site.

I also thought, the revenue would not be worth the effort.

"SkimLinks" has now been running for 1 month and the amount of revenue is $186.65. BTW, it's only added the "SkimLink" words for any post that have been made this past month, this will exponentially grow.

No revenue has been collected, yet. It takes 60 days to process revenue. The above mentioned amount sits in the "SkimLinks" account.

AdSense

I signed up for "AdSense" around the same time as "SkimLinks" but held off the implementation to see how we do with donations.

I follow the forums regarding the management of websites and of course revenue is usually a major concern, particularly those sites that have high volume and high disk space usage.

"AdSense" is a popular way of receiving revenue. The ads are very individually focused ads, as you've probably experienced at other sites. So you will see an additional ad soon from "AdSense.:

My Goal

It's never been my attention for MyCockpit.org users to pay a fee or make donations. I want MyCockpit.org to be self sufficient. I believe we should be able to depend on Flight Sim Building vendors, but unfortunately some vendors do not agree to participate.

As you all know, the world is going through a financial crisis, this effects everyone, one way or another. Our vendors/manufacturers need to be careful to keep their heads above water. Historically advertising is one of the first expenses that are cut. This is not necessarily what I believe is in the best interest of vendor/manufacturer.

Advertising renewals will be coming up within the next several months, we'll see what happens, in the meantime, we need to plan ahead. Therefore it's for the best interest of MyCockpit.org SkimLinks and AdSense advertising will stay in the works.

It's also my goal, to have at least one year of expense funds available in the MyCockpit.org account.

Finally, I'll keep you up to date on our financial standing.

Thank you for all of those that continue to support our site.

Matt Olieman