PDA

View Full Version : FMGCS software compatible with Wilco Airbus A320?

bobsta63
11-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi JeeHell,

Well since my last post I've downloaded beta23 of your FMGCS software which is awesome and I have it partially working (which I believe is to be a problem with the Wilco Airbus model) let me explain what happens...

Basically I use your over head panel to start the APU, battery, engines etc which up until the point of turning the engine mode selector on your OH panel to 'IGN/Start' and then turning Engine two to the 'On' position when my aircraft internal OHP starts clicking the Engine two generator switch on/off/on/off/on/off.... (you get the picture) which then prohibits the ability to start Engine 2 so obviously the panels in my Wilco Airbus are conflicting etc.

My question therefore is.... What aircraft are you designing this on (I'm assuming the project Airbus or iFDG)? - This is by far the best solution for home cockpit builders building an airbus cockpit from home and I am most grateful for being able to use your software free of charge! :) - If you could also provide me with a link to the aircraft model you are using that would be great :) - I would like to download and use the same aircraft model as yourself to ensure my aircraft model is fully compatible with your software :)

Thanks JL,

Regards,
Bobby

jeehell
11-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Hello,

The compatible aircraft (iFDG) is provided with the package. During installation, you need to select either FS9 or FSX aircraft (or both if you use both...), and the selected aircraft will be available in the installation folder you selected. You then only have to copy to you fs aircraft (or simobjects) folder.

Regards,
JL

bobsta63
11-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks JeeHell,

I'm so pleased to hear it was just my stupidity as to why it wasn't working lol! :)

I saw the option for the iFDG during the installation but I just thought is was a Add-on for that particular aircraft type to better interface with your software.. When I get home from work I'll try the installation again :)

Just wondered... how come you choose to support the iFDG model? - I'm just curious as to if its because its either your favourite Airbus model, its the most realistic in terms of flight dynamics, easier to 'develop' on, least complex or because you think it is the best free model available (I know you like freeware :)) - I hear that the project Airbus is a very good model? - From what I have read about the iFDG models its fairly old (2004 released) - I'm just curious that's all, I haven't used any other models except the Feelthere/Wilco model which I find good but like I say, I haven't really flown any other Airbus models (except the default A321 that comes with FSX which is poo! lol)

I can't wait to try out the iFDG model :mrgreen: and the software and this time I should have more luck :) - I've also read all your documentation too now so I have a much better understanding of the software and features :)

jeehell
11-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Well iFDG was the first one I found, actually the PA one is almost compatible I believe, only small troubles on AP flown ILSs.
Since I do not want to spend (a lot of) time on making another aircraft fully compatible, that's the main reason....

Regards,
JL

bobsta63
11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Well iFDG was the first one I found, actually the PA one is almost compatible I believe, only small troubles on AP flown ILSs.
Since I do not want to spend (a lot of) time on making another aircraft fully compatible, that's the main reason....

Regards,
JL

Thats cool and I certainly wasn't suggesting you change the aircraft model I was just interested in knowing if there was a main reason why you choose the iFDG that was all :)

I had a play around with it last night when I got home from work and I was very impressed indeed! - The only problem that I have so far is that the Upper ECAM seems really slow at updating when running on a second PC for example the FOB digits and *blue* Flap positions - all of a sudden they'll just jump etc. like there is a lag (the lower ECAM also running on the remote PC is running great and updates are pretty much instant when I say move the rudder or elevators and seems like real-time :))

^ I'll have a play around, it was late last night and I was using two different versions of the Beta 23 (my main machine, where I had to install the iFDG model I used the beta 32.1 where as on the remote PC running the two ECAM panels I didn't update it and was using beta 32) - I'll bring them both up to the same version this evening and maybe that will fix the issues :)

One other question if I may JeeHell... How does the controls work? - It would appear that FSX uses its assigned throttle controls until you load up your software at which point I assume your control system takes over and disconnects the default FSX control assignments for the joystick and throttle controls and then uses the configured controls that the user has set-up using the Calibration tool you supply with your software?

Another problem I experienced last night was throttle calibration... I set the main points on my throttle by for some reason it would go from REV IDLE to TOGA at a given point without regard for the other detents I 'set' between such as 'CLB' 'MCT' etc which is weird and I did read the manual and did add the error zones eg. the 2% (1310 between each position). - Like I say though, it was late last night so I will have another go this evening I'll probably have more luck later :)

I'll stop asking questions now and just play around and get to grips with it all, I don't want to become one of those people that are constantly annoying you by asking questions etc :)

jeehell
11-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi,

I'll have a play around, it was late last night and I was using two different versions of the Beta 23 (my main machine, where I had to install the iFDG model I used the beta 32.1 where as on the remote PC running the two ECAM panels I didn't update it and was using beta 32) - I'll bring them both up to the same version this evening and maybe that will fix the issues :)

You should never do that, mixing two versions most of the time will result in bugs, if not in crashes of the software. It may be the reason for any troubles you had.

One other question if I may JeeHell... How does the controls work? - It would appear that FSX uses its assigned throttle controls until you load up your software at which point I assume your control system takes over and disconnects the default FSX control assignments for the joystick and throttle controls and then uses the configured controls that the user has set-up using the Calibration tool you supply with your software?

You assumed right!

Another problem I experienced last night was throttle calibration... I set the main points on my throttle by for some reason it would go from REV IDLE to TOGA at a given point without regard for the other detents I 'set' between such as 'CLB' 'MCT' etc which is weird and I did read the manual and did add the error zones eg. the 2% (1310 between each position). - Like I say though, it was late last night so I will have another go this evening I'll probably have more luck later :)

Either you got the calibration wrong or you mistook the fact EWD says TOGA even though it's in idle when the ACFT is on ground?

Regards,
JL

bobsta63
11-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi,
You should never do that, mixing two versions most of the time will result in bugs, if not in crashes of the software. It may be the reason for any troubles you had.

Either you got the calibration wrong or you mistook the fact EWD says TOGA even though it's in idle when the ACFT is on ground?

Thanks JeeHell

...being a software developer myself (Java/JSP etc.) I know what you mean about using different versions of the software... I know that is naughty and I will upgrade both machines to use the same version of the software and then re-test this evening, everything will be fine I'm sure :) - I was just excited to test out with the iFDG once I got home from work last night :)

I will re-attempt to configure the joysticks and throttle's again too this evening - You produce such great work that It must certainty be an issue my end :)

Cheers JL - I won't go trying to test stuff late at night again when I'm half asleep lol!