PDA

View Full Version : My new GA Sim Project

737NUT
11-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Here are some pictures of the fleet I just bought. 3 Singer Link GAT-1 3axis motion GA flight simulators. One is for parts and the other 2? I would like to keep one fairly stock but integrate FSX visuals or X-Plane 10 Visuals.

The other one I plan to restore and either sell or donate to a museum.

The 3rd one is the big??? I was thinking of using the motion platform and doing a single seat Lear Jet or Glass GA aircraft yet to be determined.

What do you guys think?

Matt Olieman
11-04-2011, 09:01 PM
NICE!!!!! Fantastic Rob!!!!

Matt Olieman

Shawn
11-04-2011, 11:38 PM
wow, they look like there new?

737NUT
02-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Here are a couple of pictures showing the latest progress. All gauges except the fuel level and CHT. Just finished the altimeter using a combination of method's from Mike Powell and myself. His books are priceless.

No Longer Active
02-11-2012, 07:27 AM
That's great! I really am chuffed to see a GA project crackin' on!

I see that you are using a screen and a tracker device, could you elaborate more on this? It looks very effective. Is your tracker in full screen mode?

Thank you.

Alex

737NUT
02-11-2012, 09:20 AM
That's great! I really am chuffed to see a GA project crackin' on!

I see that you are using a screen and a tracker device, could you elaborate more on this? It looks very effective. Is your tracker in full screen mode?

Thank you.

Alex

I am using a projector for now but will be switching to a 32" LED TV mounted to sim when I start the Motion part of the sim. I am also using the Track IR5 as well. Not sure how that will work when the motion gets introduced.
Rob

No Longer Active
02-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Is a 32" wide enough? I have a Cessna 152 sim and my MIP is atleast 900mm wide. A 40" barely touches side to side..... I personally would go for some sort of fixed screen with projector. It can be done....