PDA

View Full Version : Eyefinity and TrackIr

Justin Browning
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey folks,

I have an ATI 5570 (Eyefinity) and TrackIr 3 with Vector Expansion (for the 6 DOF) and would like to know how to setup FSX to display only the outside view across my 3 monitors as I have another computer(s) for gauges and etc. I can do it in X-Plane through the rendering options, but was unsure on how to do it in FSX without getting any VC to show up when I look around.

I have searched, but it has been a long week (wife donated her kidney to her Aunt) and I may not be grasping the answer that could very well be in front of me.

Thanks.
Justin

Justin Browning
10-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Well, I got it sorted out by some careful searching and commented the interior portion of the model.cfg on the default 172 for testing. Then using the 2d cockpit view, I was able to look around with no problems.

Farkaskoma
10-22-2011, 06:30 AM
Hi!

Eyef. setup: U need a display port monitor, or a display port to VGA converter from saphire. Eyefinitiy only works with display port ( if u use just 2 displays one must connected to display port). After connected, boot up select: create group, all instruction will be displayed step to step.

If Eye is rdy, u have one display with res 3840x1024 or like so.... then run fsx, go settings select the res. at display options, run default flight. Quit.

Open fsx.cfg. Enable widescreen. Must be inside somwere. save. /sometimes it is enabled, but default is disable/
[Display]
WideViewAspect=True

Load default, if changed, enjoy your field of wiev... :)

Now, if u dont want to see the wirtual cockpit, u must remove it from the aircraft. The virtual cockpit is a 3d modell loaded with the aircraft at begining, in aircraft folder go to model sub folder. There is 3 file normaly, one exterior, one interior mdl, and the cfg. Edit cfg.

change:
interior=Beech_Baron_58_interior

to:
//interior=Beech_Baron_58_interior

// is always making "not to run"

U have now just the exterior model after loading. but u have still the 2d cockpit iff need

Next part will be the changing wiev point in arcraft.cfg.