PDA

View Full Version : Network set up

sxa1376
08-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Hello JeeHell and first of all i want to congratulate you for your software. i want your help in order to set up correctly my network. First i have use the software in the same pc as fsx without any problem at all but when i spread up the gauges to the client pcs i couldn't make a connection to the server pc. My network set up is this :

One pc running fsx and fmgs server, sound module and AP/FBW module.

Second pc running captain pfd and nd

Third pc running sd, ewd and stby

Fourth pc running co pilot pfd and nd

Fifth pc running ovhd, fcu and both mcdu's in a touch screen.

In the server pc inside fmgs main folder i have edited the network.cfg file in two ways

1) IP=VISUAL
Port=8003

or

2) IP=192.168.2.3
Port=8003

i have copy this file for example with first settings and i have put it inside each gauge folder all over the network
and i have fired up the fsx with this configuration but ecxept the files running to the same pc as fsx all the other are not connected to the server. Then i copy the network.cfg also to be inside the " FMGS Server " in the fsx pc and i have run everything again but with no luck.
After all these i have used the second option of the network.cfg with the static ip adrres and i did all the steps descibed above but again with no luck.
What i am doing wrong? In each machine i have disable the firewall and the defender and also i have share across the network all folders and files. The only different thing i have done is that i have set up wideclient.in file in each pc so the gauges to be started after fsx and fsuipc are running. Can you please give me a step by step tutorial of how i can fix all these?
Many thanks in advance.

jeehell
08-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy lately.

i have copy this file for example with first settings and i have put it inside each gauge folder all over the network
and i have fired up the fsx with this configuration but ecxept the files running to the same pc as fsx all the other are not connected to the server. Then i copy the network.cfg also to be inside the " FMGS Server " in the fsx pc and i have run everything again but with no luck.

Just to be sure, the network.Cfg file must not be in each gauge folder, but in the root folder. i.e: if on your CPT PFD/ND computer you have this file structure:
-C:\FMGS
|_PFD
|_ND

you need to put the network.cfg in c:\FMGS and not in C:\FMGS\PFD!

JL