PDA

View Full Version : MORE Elite Radio Stack Help?

No Longer Active
07-25-2011, 08:56 AM
I all, I have just bought an Elite AP-2000 full radio stack which connects to serial, can a converter be added to convert this to usb, or are these units strictly serial only?

Thanks Alex

yoss
07-25-2011, 12:07 PM
There are good chances. thats all you need ,is a hardware serial to usb adapter-comes usualy with software driver
I got few serial devices working this way
Another root to go is to purchasse pci serial and Lpt card
Those are very cheap on ebay

Regards
Joseph

AK Mongo
07-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Wow Alex!

Good for you!

looks like they have your answer right in their FAQ section:

http://www.flyelite.ch/en/support/faq_show.php?showfaq=63

Reid

No Longer Active
08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi All,

I have the serial version of the elite radio stack and has a free serial port to use, though when the unit is plugged in, nothing happens, do I need a driver of somesort? Thanks

Bjarne Horsbøl
08-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Hey Alex

Maybe this is what you are looking for ?
http://www.flyelite.ch/en/support/faq_show.php?showfaq=19

Regards Bjarne

No Longer Active
08-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Hi All.

Marc at Elite offered excellent customer service that is simply 'Elite' and thanks to his world class and speedy support I now have my radio stack installed and working! :)

Thanks to Marc and all your replies!

(I now know why Elite is called 'Elite'!)

Thank you

geneb
08-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I've always thought they call themselves "Elite" over their pricing or their refusal to provide programming information for their hardware. (I've got an AP-3000. It's nice, but it's not worth anything near what they're charging for it)

g.

No Longer Active
08-03-2011, 10:07 AM
I Paid just £75 for my full Elite AP-2000 radio stack so I'm very happy! Lol

geneb
08-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Now THAT is a good price. :) I got mine in trade. :)

g.

No Longer Active
08-03-2011, 01:58 PM
I think that the guy who sold me his elite radio stack never knew how much they were worth as he bought it in a bundle and just sold of bits and pieces he didnt need.....SUCH AS RADIO STACK? Crazy, but hey, I have the last laughs lol!

geneb
08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
No kidding. Good find though! Now you need to score one of the flight consoles. The yoke is VERY smooth.

g.

No Longer Active
08-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Personally, Id never be able to find a yoke console at a whipped down price like my stack...but.... im happy with Saitek. Cheap and Cheerful!

Aj

mil0001
08-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Elite actually sell a Serial to USB adapter that specifically says

"Allows you to connect your ELITE serial hardware to USB"

So I'm sure if you buy a 2 dollar adapter off ebay it will work with little to no hassle :)

Andrea P.
09-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Hi All.

Marc at Elite offered excellent customer service that is simply 'Elite' and thanks to his world class and speedy support I now have my radio stack installed and working! :)

Thanks to Marc and all your replies!

(I now know why Elite is called 'Elite'!)

Thank you

Hi Alex,
so you solved the problem? I went to buy an AP3000 serial but I've same problem, when connected with an USB-to-serial adapter FS neither X-Plane recognized the stack.

Thanks for your help in advance
Andrea

No Longer Active
09-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi, I decided not to use the converter and used the serial port on my motherboard on the pc. Elite works fine using the 'elitefs' plug-in. I am not too sure how elite works with x-plane, but it works well with standard fs2004 (and fsx I think)...

Andrea P.
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi, I decided not to use the converter and used the serial port on my motherboard on the pc. Elite works fine using the 'elitefs' plug-in. I am not too sure how elite works with x-plane, but it works well with standard fs2004 (and fsx I think)...

Hi Alex,
after an email exchange with Elite support I realize that the problem is Win7, so I "downgraded" my system to WinXPPro64 and now, hooray!, the stack is working under FS, but not under X-Plane. I'm waiting suggestion from Elite support, I'll let you know, if anyone is interested to X-Plane.

My best regards
Andrea