PDA

View Full Version : Throttletek 737 Configuration

perryfincher
07-21-2011, 09:10 PM
I will be sending my payment to Roberto this weekend.

I had a configuration question.

I know that when you install the throttle with the aircraft loaded and using FSUIPC, can the trottle only be used for one aircraft or can you repeat the settings process for multiple twin engine jet aircraft such as using it for the PMDG 737, Level D 767, and Quality Wings 757 by repeating the process after you have loaded each aircraft.

Thanks

dodiano
07-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi Perry,

Actually FSUIPC saves the configuration for every Aircraft so you don't have to set it up each time for a different plane! With PMDG the only trouble is the Gound Spoilers arming cause there is no offset of that within FSUIPC so you can use the Mouse to Key function to do it!

Any other questions let me know!

Regards,

Roberto

perryfincher
07-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi Perry,

Actually FSUIPC saves the configuration for every Aircraft so you don't have to set it up each time for a different plane! With PMDG the only trouble is the Gound Spoilers arming cause there is no offset of that within FSUIPC so you can use the Mouse to Key function to do it!

Any other questions let me know!

Regards,

Roberto

Thanks Roberto,

Sorry for the questions as I am not famaliar with working with the FSUIPC.

As you stated, if I set the throttle in FSUIPC for one twin engine aircraft loaded in FS and lets say I want to fly a four engine aircraft, do I need to remove the FSUIPC setting I set for the throttle in order to use the levers on my CH Flight Sim Yoke as a throttle to control the four engines.

I didn't know if there would be a conflict between the two game controllers in FS.

Thanks

dodiano
07-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Actually I think that FSUIPC saves the settings for that other throttle too but I am not quite sure about that... You could ask around in the Forum!

Take care,

Roberto Soriano

signmanbob
07-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Hello Perry,
If you go into the Modules folder in FSX or FS9 you will see the FSUIPC.cfg file. Open the file in Notepad and look for where it says "Profiles=No" and change it to "Profiles=Yes". Select save in Notpad and close.
After you do this then you can set up profiles for each kind of aircraft (one Throttle, two Throttle, three Throttle, etc.). When you load a new aircraft, open FSUIPC and go to the "Buttons and Keys" tab and it will give you the option to select the profile you would like to use for the loaded aircraft or make a new profile.
This has worked much better for me than trying to set up each aircraft individually.

perryfincher
07-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Hello Perry,
If you go into the Modules folder in FSX or FS9 you will see the FSUIPC.cfg file. Open the file in Notepad and look for where it says "Profiles=No" and change it to "Profiles=Yes". Select save in Notpad and close.
After you do this then you can set up profiles for each kind of aircraft (one Throttle, two Throttle, three Throttle, etc.). When you load a new aircraft, open FSUIPC and go to the "Buttons and Keys" tab and it will give you the option to select the profile you would like to use for the loaded aircraft or make a new profile.
This has worked much better for me than trying to set up each aircraft individually.

Thanks!!!

I will be sure to try that when I receive my throttle in September.
I appreciate your time in helping me learn about FSUIPC.

Thanks

signmanbob
07-23-2011, 08:17 PM
No problem Perry. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance. Because of your post in the PMDG forums, I'm going to also order a The G-737 G - Throttle for my NGX. It looks great and I'm sure will add to the realism.
I don't have a home cockpit, but with the insanly realistic VC in the PMDG 737NGX, I don't believe I would need the visuals, just the nice "feel" of a good throttle quadrant.

Bob

perryfincher
07-24-2011, 07:15 PM
No problem Perry. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance. Because of your post in the PMDG forums, I'm going to also order a The G-737 G - Throttle for my NGX. It looks great and I'm sure will add to the realism.
I don't have a home cockpit, but with the insanly realistic VC in the PMDG 737NGX, I don't believe I would need the visuals, just the nice "feel" of a good throttle quadrant.

Bob

I second that, Bob!!!

I was telling Roberto I plan to build a wooden box painted either RAL7011 or RAL7012 about 1'4" H (rough estimate based on the height at wihich my chair is positioned) with a closed base and rubber bottom. The top will be open with interior dimensions of 8 7/8" W X 10 5/8" L which will allow me to place some type of support rail all the way around and allow the throttle to set into the box some where around 1/2" with a foam or rubber 1/8" think border to prevent the throttle from getting scratch by the wooden box. I perfer a lighter material, but will have to go to Lowes near the house to see what they got for a lighter material, but strong enough to hold the tq.

Right now I am just using my CH Flight Sim Yoke and the VR Insight MCP Combo which at some point will have to figure out how to make it work with the NGX and using a 23" widescreen LCD Tv/Monitor.

I am glad you placed your order.

I really wanted a realistic tq but didn't want to spend thousands. I would if I were to build a 100% flight deck, but probably will not happen. It's soooo expensive LOL!!!

I am looking forward to the throttle from ThrottleTek in mid to late September.

Hopefully will be well versed in the NGX by that time.

signmanbob
07-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Perry, I just put my order in not two minutes ago :D
Now I also have to figure out a good way of mounting it. I don't have much room. Only about four feet between my "cockpit" and my waterbed :p
I have a single 28" flat screen monitor and a second computer for my accessory programs also with a 28" flatscreen monitor.
I am using the Saitek Pro-Flight Yoke. I wonder if his 737 yoke will fit on it?
Thank you for posting on the PMDG forums about this throttle quadrant. It looks perfect for what I want.

Bob

perryfincher
07-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Perry, I just put my order in not two minutes ago :D
Now I also have to figure out a good way of mounting it. I don't have much room. Only about four feet between my "cockpit" and my waterbed :p
I have a single 28" flat screen monitor and a second computer for my accessory programs also with a 28" flatscreen monitor.
I am using the Saitek Pro-Flight Yoke. I wonder if his 737 yoke will fit on it?
Thank you for posting on the PMDG forums about this throttle quadrant. It looks perfect for what I want.

Bob

I asked Roberto for the measurements of the throttle.
He replied with 8.75 inches wide, 10.5 inches long and a little over 13 inches with the levers set at center.

I am not sure about the 737 yoke.

You can e-mail Roberto to ask him if it is free standing or mounts to a desk.

signmanbob
07-24-2011, 07:48 PM
From the pictures I see of the throttle, it looks like you remove it from the base housing cover, then mount the base to whatever your going to use for a pedistol with screws (countersinking the front ones I think), then reattach the body of the throttle back onto the base.
If there is any resistance in the movement of the throttles, I would think that whatever you mount it on will have to be pretty stable.
It would be pretty cool if there is a way to remove the yoke off of the Saitek yoke and replace it with the one that Roberto sells. That probably wouldn't work though. :) I would have to wait until I recover from this expense anyway.

perryfincher
07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
From the pictures I see of the throttle, it looks like you remove it from the base housing cover, then mount the base to whatever your going to use for a pedistol with screws (countersinking the front ones I think), then reattach the body of the throttle back onto the base.
If there is any resistance in the movement of the throttles, I would think that whatever you mount it on will have to be pretty stable.
It would be pretty cool if there is a way to remove the yoke off of the Saitek yoke and replace it with the one that Roberto sells. That probably wouldn't work though. :) I would have to wait until I recover from this expense anyway.

Yeah, I noticed that in the pictures.
That would be great if we can remove the base cover to mount the tq to a box or pedistal.
I won't know for usre til I receive mine or if Roberto or someone lets us know that this can be done.

Looking forward to it.

dodiano
07-25-2011, 12:35 AM
HI Guys,

Yes the base of the Quad is a panel that can be removed for maintenance and stuff... That base has 4 pre drilled holes that you can use to attach the quad to any base!! Hope it helps!

Regards,

Roberto

signmanbob
07-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Thank you Roberto. That sounds like it will be fine.

Bob

perryfincher
07-25-2011, 11:09 AM
HI Guys,

Yes the base of the Quad is a panel that can be removed for maintenance and stuff... That base has 4 pre drilled holes that you can use to attach the quad to any base!! Hope it helps!

Regards,

Roberto

Cool!!

Thanks Roberto!!!!

signmanbob
07-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Is it the end of September yet? :D

perryfincher
07-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Is it the end of September yet? :D

LOL, yeah it came and went, Bob
Where were you?

Just kidding!!!!

I was wondering if lowes paint area can match the paint from a picture on paper for the color of the 737 cockpit.
I will have to call them and find out.

signmanbob
07-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Really? :eek: Ha, ha..I'm not in any hurry for summer to be over, but I can hardly wait for my throttle quadrant now that I've ordered it.

The best thing to do is to go and look at their paint chip samples and find the closest color. They can make any of their paint chips exactly.
I have brought them a piece of siding to match and the store clerk just goes and looks for a paint chip that matches.

perryfincher
08-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Really? :eek: Ha, ha..I'm not in any hurry for summer to be over, but I can hardly wait for my throttle quadrant now that I've ordered it.

The best thing to do is to go and look at their paint chip samples and find the closest color. They can make any of their paint chips exactly.
I have brought them a piece of siding to match and the store clerk just goes and looks for a paint chip that matches.

Well, I built a wooden box about 17 inches high and painted it Iron Mist from Valspar paint. I am probably a shade off but not worried about that. It's just a box to set the tq on. Not much of a carpenter and a smitch off on the joints but it will do the job. I really wasn't going for a perfect pedistal look.

Can't wait to get the tq.

I have already registered the FSUIPC in both FSX and FS9 so that I can set the throttle to work with my Level D 767, Quality Wings 757, PMDG 737, and soon PMDG 737NGX as well as Quality Wings 787.

Looking forward to a realistic throttle.

signmanbob
08-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Perry that sounds like it will work good (as long as it sits flat on the floor..ha,ha).
I will probably just use a small, but heavy wood table stand that I found and screw it to that.
Did you see that guy on here that made "dummy" trim wheels for it? That would be real neat. I wonder how he made those wheels?

perryfincher
08-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Perry that sounds like it will work good (as long as it sits flat on the floor..ha,ha).
I will probably just use a small, but heavy wood table stand that I found and screw it to that.
Did you see that guy on here that made "dummy" trim wheels for it? That would be real neat. I wonder how he made those wheels?

Yeah, I say that!!!

I am not that talented.

It would be cool to know how he did it.

signmanbob
11-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Hello Perry,
I got my Throttletek set up and it is great! I am using it with the PMDG737NGX and every button and lever works perfectly including the start levers, TO/GA switches, Auto-throttle disconnect and reversers.
I've done three flights with it today and I'm finding it makes flying the NGX so much easier. For one thing the throw of the throttle levers is much more realistic and you can have very fine control. Something I couldn't do with the short throw of the CH throttle quadrant.
For the money and its realism, this G737 can't be beat. I'm thrilled with it. :D

patrickbc
03-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Why do throttletek not make the reversers an axis and not a Button.

Because in considering to buy it in 6-10 months.

Also what about the flaps and the ngx. Is the positions of the flaps right compared to the ngx flaps? (right out of the box) :-)

signmanbob
03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Why do throttletek not make the reversers an axis and not a Button.

Because in considering to buy it in 6-10 months.

Also what about the flaps and the ngx. Is the positions of the flaps right compared to the ngx flaps? (right out of the box) :-)

Actually, I've found using the button control is more consistant. I have set the CH Throllle Quadrant that I had before with the axis through FSUIPC, but sometimes they wouldn't work when you touched down. Using the buttons works all the time.

Yes, the flaps work correctly right out of the box, for any 737. I use them for the NGX, PIC737EVO, JustFlight 737-200 and Captain Sim 737-200. They are synchronized perfectly with all of them by just setting them up in FSUIPC.
They are not synchronized for other types of aircraft that use different flap detents though.

This is an excellent throttle. I'm not a cockpit builder, but I wanted to have my hand on a throttle that felt real and the G737 fit the ticket. Also, it gives a lot of fine control whey doing manual landings because of its long throw. You can really fine tune your thrust. I have had this throttle for several months and still love it.

Bob

patrickbc
03-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks for your reply Bob, the throttle sound really good so I am probably buying it at the end of this year.

I'll maybe ask some more questions, later.

Thanks for now, Patrick.

:)