PDA

View Full Version : Nav/GPS indicator and Vacuum Indicator

Tom_G_2010
07-10-2011, 08:15 AM
I have most of my LED's up and running but I'm stuck on two of them: Nav/GPS indicator and Vacuum Indicator.

Can't seem to find these in the FS Out Variables list. Do they exist? Is there even an Offset for them?

I can see the vacuum L and R fail on the annunciator panel in the 172 cockpit views but can't recall it ever coming on. Wonder if it's just there for looks. Does FSX even support it?

The Nav/GPS indicator light does work in all the displays. But I can't find an offset or variable for it. Maybe it's named something I'm not recognizing or I'm just blind and looking past it.

Only a few more LED's to go . . .

AK Mongo
07-10-2011, 10:15 AM
Tom,

The example I sent pretty much functions exactly like the fs annunciator. Try pulling the offset out of there. Will be home in a week and able to help more.

Reid

Tom_G_2010
07-11-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure what has gone wrong, but that's where I was headed (looking at your file) but something has glitched and any config that has the Main_Bus_Volt FS Out component crashes FS2P??? I have uninstalled and re-installed the app and pulled a freash copy of your file from the e-mail you sent me, but any attempt to load it returns this error:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5388&d=1310357056

And, if I try to add that component to any of my configs the same happens. I wonder if there's a corrupt file and the uninstall left it behind???

AK Mongo
07-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Sounds ugly. Are you using fs2p5? That is what I created the file in. If you are not using that version I wonder if it does that?

Tom_G_2010
07-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Sounds ugly. Are you using fs2p5? That is what I created the file in. If you are not using that version I wonder if it does that?

Fs2P v5.0.21 with FSUIPC 4.7 on Win7 64bit. Everything including your file worked good until I tried to add my own Main Bus Volt FS Out component in my file and then that error started to appear.

Tom_G_2010
07-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Fs2P v5.0.21 with FSUIPC 4.7 on Win7 64bit. Everything including your file worked good until I tried to add my own Main Bus Volt FS Out component in my file and then that error started to appear.

I just loaded a fresh copy of FS2P on my laptop (which also has FSX and FSUIPC on it) and I can load your config there and it does not crash the app. This leads me to believe that a related file is corrupt on my home pc that was not removed and/or replaced when I did the uninstall and re-install of FS2P.

Still have one other mystery though. I can see your FS Out components for a Nav/GPS indicator and suction (vacuum). However when I click on those components and look at the FS Variable drop down list in the component properties window they are no showing in the drop down ???

Did you somehow manually add those?

AK Mongo
07-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Wish I could remember right now. Can tell you next Sunday after I look at it again. I don't have the nav/gps circuit complete yet, so don't look to it for an example. If you get it figured out though I will gladly borrow it. :)

Reid

AK Mongo
07-19-2011, 01:50 AM
Looking at it again, I think I had to add Suction to the variables. It was not originally listed in FSVariables4316.xml. To add, you go to the tools menu, and select Manage FsVariables. In the Manage FsVariables Window that pops up, click FSVariable----New. Name the New Variable "Suction", and the properties are:
Offset : 0B18
Length: 8
Usage: FSUIPC
ValueFunction: Raw
Divisor:1
Multiplier:1
Format: ###
IntegerOnly: False
IRS:False
Read_Only: False
Write_Only: False

Make sure that the file listed in FS File is your current library (mine is FsVariables4316.xml) and go to file-----save.

That should make the Suction offset appear as a selectable output. At least that is what is working for me.

Also looks like I added the Offset for Nav/GPS the same way but with the following setup:

Name: Nav/GPS
Offset: 132C
Length: 4
Usage: FSUIPC
ValueFunction Digital
HiValue: 1
LoValue: 0
Divisor and Multipler :1
Format: #######0
IntegerOnly: True
IRS: False
Read_Only: False
Write_Only: False

Again, I have not gotten the Nav/GPS output to correctly read the status of the switch and output correctly yet.
Also could not tell you why I picked the settings I did for the new offsets I added, just that the Suction works.

Let me know what else I can help with, and I will dig out my well worn manual and see if I can remember what I did.

Reid

Tom_G_2010
07-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the info!!!

I'm traveling this week but hopefully I'll get a chance to input the variables tonight when I'm back at the hotel. I'll let you know how it works.

I'm also working with Alan via another thread to try and resolve why Master Bus Voltage crashes FS2P on my desktop pc but works great on my laptop.

AK Mongo
07-19-2011, 09:06 AM
You are saying Master Bus Voltage, but I assume you are actually using Main Bus Voltage, right? Master Bus Voltage is not a defined variable unless you added it.

Reid

Tom_G_2010
07-19-2011, 11:48 PM
You are saying Master Bus Voltage, but I assume you are actually using Main Bus Voltage, right? Main Bus Voltage is not a defined variable unless you added it.

Reid

Sorry, I meant to say "Main" not master. Based on Alan's direction I am going to do a file compare between the FS Variables files of the two pc's. almost everything else is similar.

Tom_G_2010
07-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I have my NAV/GPS indicator working now. THANKS!!! I noticed below you mentioned yours was not working. When I get back home next week I'll e-mail you my file so you can see how mine is set up.

I added the suction FS Variable and built that indicator as well, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I was looking an the annunciator panel in the stock FS 172 though and noticed that the vacuum indicator had two lamps: left; right. Need to do a little more digging on that one.

As soon as I get the Main Bus Voltage issue debugged I'm also going to replace or maybe add it to each point where I have Battery Switch. If you leave the battery switch on long enough with out the engine started (or alternator switched on when it is) the battery will of course go dead. However my LED's still work since the present logic only triggers off the state of the battery switch not the presence of voltage. I will do the same with Avionics Voltage where the Avionics switch is.

Again, Thanks for all your help!

AK Mongo
07-21-2011, 04:24 PM
I did not set them up individually, because I could only find an offset for all suction, not left and right. I have no idea how to test in fs if it is subject to discrete failures, so I went with KISS.

I agree about the volts(amps?) drop should cancel the lights as well, Just have not implemented it yet.

You get your marker lights sorted out?

Reid

Tom_G_2010
07-21-2011, 07:16 PM
. . . You get your marker lights sorted out? . . .

Have them built but looking for a good airfield to test them at.